• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Space's Search (Modern, Fantasy, Realism)

FloatingAroundSpace

Three Thousand Club
Hello there, my name is Space! I'm a college student back for the summer looking for RPs with others to help occupy my time, though said time may be shortened considerably soon.

About Me
I try my best to get at least one reply in a day, given proper time.
I enjoy communicating and talking to my partners a lot. Sometimes about the RP, sometimes about life.
I play all genders and orientations
I use realistic FC of people
I prefer RPing on site in either threads or PMs.
Just about anything within site ToS is fair game for me. If any certain subject makes you uncomfortable, please let me know beforehand so I can avoid it!
A writing sample!

Vague Ideas
The apocalypse has happened. The world has been reduced to ruin. The world is rebuilding. Until someone appears, meaning it has already been rebuilt.
Soulmates are picked for each person through the use of some sort of technology. It has led to many more happy relationships and a decrease in crime. But people are fickle things and math can never quite count for all the beats of a human heart.
A pair of people run a radio talk show together and get a call from someone, somewhere, frantic and afraid. The message is cryptic. The shadowy figures that show up at their studio the next day are even moreso.
Waking in the middle of nowhere, only knowing the pit in your stomach and the other individual across from you, also blinking awake in a state of confusion and worry.
Someone has started causing havoc in your district and the increasing social pressure to find out who did it has landed you with your ex/rival/old bully. As if the year couldn't get worse.
Fantastical beasts have lived among themselves, enjoying their freedom. But when a family of humans carrying their own burden appears, things are thrown completely out of the ordinary, even for a community like theirs.
You are driving to get somewhere when suddenly, you can no longer leave. In fact, you have found yourself among those who have never left.
Some call them wizards, some call them mutants. Everyone just knows that the government hunts them and "sends them away". A mutant hiding their abilities is in love with/married to someone who works for the government and their secret is growing closer to being revealed every day.
What I'm Looking for
While this is not a hard and fast rule, I prefer someone who is over 18, as I am. It's more of a comfort thing for me than anything else.
I am not a stickler for length and I understand that certain scenes will have shorter posts, but I do want a partner that consistently gives me something to respond to, so please try to avoid one-liners.
Decent spelling and grammar is much appreciates. We all make mistakes, of course, but legibility is very much appreciated.
A writing sample. Post it here or send me something via PM.
Tell me if you're getting bored or want to quit. I understand disappearing at times because that's hard to do, but I promise I won't take it personally.

Genres
Romance can always be something that is coupled with these, but I prefer it not to be the center point of the RP and for it to be developed naturally.
Modern, slice-of-life. Real life is dramatic as it is.
Modern fantasy, be it something like magic and fantastical beasts are accepted from society or have holed themselves up somewhere.
Medieval fantasy
Dragon riders
Secluded regions where magic is plentiful and creeping up on those who do not enjoy it as much
"Realistic" medieval, meaning there is no magic, but the setting may be ambiguous, certain cultural norms may be more aligned with modern standards, etc. And of course, kingdoms.
Arranged marriage
Decadent court
Found family
If there is something not listed here that you really want to do, tell me! I'm willing to hear anything.

Post here or PM me if interested!

Last edited:
Well.... I usually do fast paced back and forth dialogue.
Person 1: Heres the plan, we [Insert plan here]
Person 2: Ok, That seems like it would work,
Person 1: Got it. *Executes plan*

I'm interested in the mutant/government one! I have a character who would be perfect for that

Well.... I usually do fast paced back and forth dialogue.
Person 1: Heres the plan, we [Insert plan here]
Person 2: Ok, That seems like it would work,
Person 1: Got it. *Executes plan*
Sorry, that's not really my style. Best of luck on your own hunt!

I'm interested in the mutant/government one! I have a character who would be perfect for that
Send me a writing sample, please.

(Different character, same style. This is a starting post, so it's longer than most of mine.)

Carter had been working for nine hours already before midnight rolled around, and he wouldn't be done for another six. With one of the mechanics being sent to the floater already that week, he had to pick up extra shifts.

"Yo, Carter," one of the others called. Carter looked up from his task and wiped a hand across his forehead.

"Yeah?" he called, yelling over the sound of the engine running behind him.

"You coming to the ring tomorrow night?"

Carter rolled his eyes and went back to his work. "Could ya be any louder about it?" he shot back, then after a minute he added, "Of course I'll be there."

He was there every chance he got, trying to save some money and face. Some of the newer mechanics got on his case about his close relationship with Finn. It gave him pleasure to kick the shit out of them after they called him a homo or a pansy.

He cursed as his wrench slipped from the bolt, hitting his other hand, immediately leaving a bruise. It didn't help that his hands were already covered in oil and he had lent his gloved out to one of the younger mechanics. He wiped his hands on his pants and went back to work. He heard one of the new mechanics behind him snicker and say something about a boyfriend. That could only mean one thing.

He turned before Finn reached him. "Hey," he said, observing how out of place the upper class man looked down on the lower decks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back