• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Pirates! (Many spots open~)

Darksoul180 said:
Also, maybe dumb question, but i can't seem to figure it out for myself. Are we pirates of sea or space? If we are in space, wouldn't we have a space ship? Just how futuristic are we?
...considering the title is 'space Pirates'...and how many times I mentioned it...

Yes, we are in space. And yes, we technically have a space ship. It...looks like a old pirate ship. You know? The wooden kind that sailed the ocean. But they maintain a fake atmosphere, that keeps it surrounded in a type of bubble. Also, we are very futuristic. Humanity started really exploring space from 2000-2555, and we are currently at the head of 3389. Needless to say, we are extremely advanced.

TheGossipLink said:
...considering the title is 'space Pirates'...and how many times I mentioned it...
Yes, we are in space. And yes, we technically have a space ship. It...looks like a old pirate ship. You know? The wooden kind that sailed the ocean. But they maintain a fake atmosphere, that keeps it surrounded in a type of bubble. Also, we are very futuristic. Humanity started really exploring space from 2000-2555, and we are currently at the head of 3389. Needless to say, we are extremely advanced.
Sorry for the confusion. I was not completely ignorant to the time line, and space and such, but i was just a bit confused with the wooden ship and no mention of futuristic armor or weaponry. I mean, Lucifer has 8 pistols and 2 curved swords. Ill monitor this for a bit because i love the idea, but i am imagining these old style pirates on an old style ship, flying through space.

Darksoul180 said:
Sorry for the confusion. I was not completely ignorant to the time line, and space and such, but i was just a bit confused with the wooden ship and no mention of futuristic armor or weaponry. I mean, Lucifer has 8 pistols and 2 curved swords. Ill monitor this for a bit because i love the idea, but i am imagining these old style pirates on an old style ship, flying through space.
Yes, it could be a bit confusing I suppose. I did mention that the weapons are maintaining the old style look, but fire lasers instead of muskets balls.

The eight pistols are...something of a bit unique. That'll be explained in his CS. But I can certainly see where swords could throw one off. But to set things straight, swords are still a relevant thing.

And Lucifer's blades, as I hinted at, are magically enchanted. (He is a bit OP, I won't lie. But there's some hidden drawbacks that will be explained in his CS, and over the course of the RP.)

Anyways, go ahead and monitor to your content!

This is pretty damn cool, i would very much like to be part of this crew of scalawags... If you allow pirate puns that is, I cannot join a pirate related rp without doing them, its kind of on my contract yea see... we got a quartermaster yet?

Orikanyo said:
This is pretty damn cool, i would very much like to be part of this crew of scalawags... If you allow pirate puns that is, I cannot join a pirate related rp without doing them, its kind of on my contract yea see... we got a quartermaster yet?
Pirate puns are not only allowed, but supported~

And if you would look at the available positions, quarter master is not one of them. That was a decision I decided to make, but not without my reasons.

First off, quarter masters are more for official navies. (Such as the English, Spanish, etc.) As far as I can tell, they aren't very common among pirates. So for the sake of accuracy (to a point anyways) they are not included.

Secondly, there's no way Lucifer (the captain) would submit to another's commands~

No problemo, if you'[d be willing to subject the crew and others to the wills and whims of a madman I'd love to take over the job as the ship doctor, mind I will be a damn fine doctor, but one you'd also have to watch out not to have accidentally upgrade your biological one into a mechanical one that shoots incendiary grenades... been dieing to break the old girl out again when that other space age rp didn't work out, poor girls been sitting in a box for half a month now... I think shes starting to get abit of cabin fever if yea get what i mean.

Gotta love mad scientists, make everything that bit more fun.

Someone else did apply for doctor, but shit dude, that sounds amazing.

I haven't officially given anyone roles yet (except for First Mate), so doctors yours if you want~

Also, I hope no one minds my swearing. If so, I'll stop. But don't expect such restraint for the RP. We'll be pirates afterall!

If they do care about the swearing they can go stick their heads further up their own asses in my books. Stated as such to carry on the scurrvy dog's line of words were slingin. If somebody else applied for it, how do we decide? What one you simply like more? You (Yarrr)e the captain.

Now... thing is about my girl she's abit of a... tech freak is what they could call her, loves it, some might say she gets off on it if they had such a dirty mind, she is obsessed with upgrading, specializing in prosthetics and various other biomechanics, so much so that she didn't exactly limit her tests to other people... As in she pretty much grafted mechanical arms on herself doc Oct style...

I shoul keep my character talk fo th sign up I guess, it's just worrying that I may not get a spot for the poor girl, but fair enough really.

Darksoul180 said:
Well, i have a few ideas in mind for a character archetype. I would love to be part of this!
In that case, welcome aboard!

Orikanyo said:
If they do care about the swearing they can go stick their heads further up their own asses in my books. Stated as such to carry on the scurrvy dog's line of words were slingin. If somebody else applied for it, how do we decide? What one you simply like more? You (Yarrr)e the captain.
Now... thing is about my girl she's abit of a... tech freak is what they could call her, loves it, some might say she gets off on it if they had such a dirty mind, she is obsessed with upgrading, specializing in prosthetics and various other biomechanics, so much so that she didn't exactly limit her tests to other people... As in she pretty much grafted mechanical arms on herself doc Oct style...

I shoul keep my character talk fo th sign up I guess, it's just worrying that I may not get a spot for the poor girl, but fair enough really.
Agreed, on the swearing part. I just didn't want to come out with it quite so strong, but you did, so it's cool~

And, as GM I'll claim the role of choosing. And I choose you, because your characters sounds awesome! She'd make a lovely addition to the RP~

*wells up with tears and clutches award* I-I-I-I-I'd like to thank the academy, my parents for always being there for me, and my 6 other arms who are always ready to give me a hand!

*high fives self as crowd moans*

I've got 2 character ideas for the role of Boatswain. One being a big more simple, and the other being a bit more creative and complex. I have the habit of making crazy ideas that, sometimes are a bit left of center so feel free to say no. What if, my character, the boatswain, the one who has to supervise all things are going on in the ship well, what if he was blind? I have a lot more behind this idea than just that, but the main idea would be that he is blind, but has become accustomed to the ships inner workings to the point where he can determine a flaw just by sheer memory due to the repetition of his daily and even hourly rounds. Just an idea though!

Orikanyo said:
*wells up with tears and clutches award* I-I-I-I-I'd like to thank the academy, my parents for always being there for me, and my 6 other arms who are always ready to give me a hand!
*high fives self as crowd moans*
Six arms?...hell yeah!

Darksoul180 said:
I've got 2 character ideas for the role of Boatswain. One being a big more simple, and the other being a bit more creative and complex. I have the habit of making crazy ideas that, sometimes are a bit left of center so feel free to say no. What if, my character, the boatswain, the one who has to supervise all things are going on in the ship well, what if he was blind? I have a lot more behind this idea than just that, but the main idea would be that he is blind, but has become accustomed to the ships inner workings to the point where he can determine a flaw just by sheer memory due to the repetition of his daily and even hourly rounds. Just an idea though!
That would certainly make for an interesting character. I won't turn them down just yet, but it would be a bit difficult for you to write, I'd imagine.

I would love to join as well, if possible of course. I've been waiting for this kind of roleplay in a long time to be honest...

Mine said:
I would love to join as well, if possible of course. I've been waiting for this kind of roleplay in a long time to be honest...
Yeah, of course! What role would you be interested in?

TheGossipLink said:
Yeah, of course! What role would you be interested in?
Oh, we're allowed to choose already? Hmm, would an Engineer be alright?

Mine said:
Oh, we're allowed to choose already? Hmm, would an Engineer be alright?
You could be. Someone else has taken the role of head engineer, but you could be just another one? Or a Mate 'apprenticing' under the head engineer.

TheGossipLink said:
You could be. Someone else has taken the role of head engineer, but you could be just another one? Or a Mate 'apprenticing' under the head engineer.
If it's okay with you, I'll take the role of second Engineer. That was actually my preference from the start.

Hrm bring blind wouldn't be that hard to write. It would just have to take in consideration that nothing sight wise works out. It might be a running gag at some points. Although, I have a secret part I want to include. I'll make my CS and think it all out. Then we can see!

Make a thread soon?

I'm very, very sorry, but...may I change my character to a Mate under the supervision of the Head Engineer instead? I think it will work out better this way, if that's okay with you.

Again, I'm sorry for bothering you.

Darksoul180 said:
Hrm bring blind wouldn't be that hard to write. It would just have to take in consideration that nothing sight wise works out. It might be a running gag at some points. Although, I have a secret part I want to include. I'll make my CS and think it all out. Then we can see!
Make a thread soon?
Alright!

And the thread will be up...within a few hours. I am currently busy, so...yeah.

Mine said:
I'm very, very sorry, but...may I change my character to a Mate under the supervision of the Head Engineer instead? I think it will work out better this way, if that's okay with you.
Again, I'm sorry for bothering you.
I would be okay with that, but you have to ask @Avex 's permission as well. He's the head engineer, so it's up to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back