• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic “Space Pirates?” Actually, We Prefer “Bounty Hunters.”

Kwillz

Bardic Inspiration
"Space Pirates?" Actually, we prefer "Bounty Hunters."

<News coming in today from The Aquarii Star System... This morning, yet another planet was attacked by monsters native to outside galaxies. The planet in question, Typhon 7, is currently still in the midst of combatting this dangerous threat. Casualties have risen exponentially from an initial 250 to over 1000 and counting. While the Intergalatic Imperial forces are still needed in Quaidan, the Gallantry has announced that they are sending forces to help quell the invasion and offer aid during the aftermath... General Opec Djinn of...... >

"Aah, space... isn't it just lovely? What’s not to love about it? The beautiful stars over your head... the open skies everywhere... the planets turned to crime-infested shitholes, tyrannical governments, corrupt and selfish corporations, and now hoards of rampaging space monsters! What more could you ask for? Well, on the bright side, it’s never been a better time to be a bounty hunter. Speaking of which, listen here. This is the good part..."

<Updates now on the activity of the space-faring band of criminals calling themselves ‘The Jolly Rockets’... Reports come in detailing these pirates attacking cargo ships belonging to the Nexus Corporation. Surveillance footage here shows the suspects taking over the ship and getting away with its supply of materials including several large crates of weapons. Luckily, none of the ship’s crew was fatally injured. Imperial authorities ask any and all with information about these ‘Jolly Rockets’ to contact them immediately.>

"Pfft, do you hear that? ‘Pirates’... They make us look like we’re the bad guys. Look, until you get to know a guy, you can’t call him a bad person. What I’m doing is giving people a second chance, a chance to leave a life of mistakes and regret behind to go out and live a new one. Turn over a new leaf and all that. We take from the rich what they stole from the poor and give it back to them. We fight the monsters attacking the small towns forgotten by the Empire... Most people take this second chance and become a whole different person. But then again, with some people... some things never change..."

ezimba13523044948500.jpg

Introduction! Hail Travelers!

If you made it this far, I’ve probably caught your interest. Well, great! My name is Kwillz and I’ll be your almighty god er, I mean— gamemaster for this roleplay. I am currently on the hunt for some talented and mature roleplayers to write a story with! This game is going to take place in a sci-fi universe influenced by cyberpunk and Dungeons and Dragons fantasy. Basically, imagine fantasy races living in cyberpunk space.

Our story will revolve around a party of former criminals. After the ship assigned to move them all to a different prison is attacked, they are given the opportunity to join the infamous group of galactic bounty hunters known as the Jolly Rockets. I will make sure your characters are the center of our story, focusing mostly on character development. Combat mechanics will most likely be without dice, and instead dependent on story-telling (and which certain “stats” you choose to be proficient in). This is the same with other interactions or ability checks. I will be rewarding players for bringing ideas to the table. Even if you have your character fail, you will be rewarded in the long run by me, your benevolent GM. I love a character with all sorts of flaws. Having an all-powerful and perfect character, on the other hand, will not fly with me.

Now, I’m going to be honest here. I am setting a limited number of spots here (3-4) and they will not be first come-first serve. You will be welcome to put a CS as an application, but there is no guarantee you will be accepted. No hard feelings, I just really don't like big group rps. Along with the CS, I may also ask you to do a sample 1x1 rp with me. It will just be a few posts and act as both a set up for your character and a way for me to see how you write IC. Now, I suggest that before even expressing interest you read my guidelines below. PLEASE. READ THEM:
  • **Commitment: Commitment is going to be a big thing I ask from you. I really want this to be long-term and not die off after a week. Leaving without my notice makes it hard for me to find a way to deal with your character and breaks the flow of the story. Of course, if you have to go on hiatus or leave for some serious issue that came up, that’s fine and I will understand so long as you tell me. Also, being able to regularly post will be expected of you. Not necessarily every day, but I will be setting weekly deadlines. I don’t want to be too strict about it but if you take to long to move us a long I will either push your character forward myself or (if done too often without reason) have to remove you entirely. So please, be certain that you’ll stick around. PLEASE.
  • Detailed/Casual Writers: Depending on the post, I will most likely not be expecting you to write novels every week. Especially if it’s an interaction between characters, I’m fine with posts being just a paragraph or 2. All in all, I am looking for detailed-casual writers preferably in 3rd person. No one-liners or *writes actions like this.*
  • Maturity: Now when I say maturity, age has nothing to do with it. And considering I myself am still a student in high school, you can be whatever age with however much experience to apply for this. I just want people who can handle more mature themes (violence, cursing, drinking, drugs, etc.) well. Under this category is also politeness. If you start arguing or starting beef with your fellow players or myself you will be shown the door. This is a toxicity-free zone.
  • Here to have fun!: If you're here to powerplay and have some god-like character with insane spells and stats, look elsewhere; this isn't for you. I want this to be for the enjoyment of everyone and I hope for some OOC chatting so we can talk and have something to do in between posts.
  • **CREATIVITY**: This is the biggest thing I am looking for. I want this story to come to life! Bring any ideas you have to the table; collaborate with me! This is your adventure as much (if not more) as it is mine. Even if you're not experienced with rping, if you think you can add something, I'm happy to welcome you aboard. I will always be asking for your feedback so I can make this rp as enjoyable as I can. Also, just to make sure you have been reading these rules, when you comment or PM me about interest, also tell me your favorite thing about outer space. If you don't have anything in mind just think of a random and/or entertaining answer. If you don't do this, I'll assume you didn't read the rules smh.
Now that you have definitely read the rules, let me know if any of you are interested in this! I look forward to the adventures to come!

The Gunrunner The Gunrunner You are still very free to show interest, my dude! :D Some people reply in interest checks but never apply. I’ll tag anyone that shows interest once i make the CS.

I’ll go through and make a sheet if you need that final person, I don’t wanna be in the running for a “pick an choose” type deal.
Looks great however, I much prefer a mix of good writing and stats to dictate what happens in a situation.

Will get a CS up tomorrow, hopefully!

My favourite thing about space is the sheer vastness of it all, and it fascinates me what could be lurking in that vastness! It is so crazy to think about.

This may just spark my interest in roleplay once more. As long as I can bring in my sci-fi gladiator guy, or my beloved Doctor Church, I'm interested! Space... I prefer the sea, honestly, but they're both terrifying. Space makes me think--yesterday, I looked up into the stars, and, in a way, I realized as I've never before how truly small we are. How distant we are from other civilized life probably. How alone we are. It's truly terrifying.

You are both correct but I came here to type in great deal about a dumbass charmer who uses the weapons from RAGE and borderlands to complete bounty’s and get hunies aha

Quit being deep yo

I have been very much interests in this! and will gladly join!
what am i? a banana! but not just a banana....A SPACE BANANA! Best thing in the universe!

Kwillz Kwillz do I message you the CS or do I keep it tucked away in the private workshop?
You can post that in the character sign-up section that I linked everyone early. And like I said in the CS thread, you can PM me any secrets your character has that they would rather keep hidden. :)

Announcement Hello! This is a brief update letting everyone know that as of now, I will not be accepting any more applications. Anyone who has made their interest known to me before this point will still be eligible to submit a character within the next few days. Updates about that will come later in OOC. Thank you.

Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve closed this interest thread. If I need any more players though, I will open this thread back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back