• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Soulbound Forest] Soul Wood

Zolgen
1196110200.png
TLDR: Zolgen accepts Tupu into the group. Zolgen comments to be extra careful because in ruins/there may be additional illusion magic at play, Zolgen suggests group take middle path forward, based on a hunch, but wth the caveat that if the other two agree to go down another path or even head back he'll join them based on the principle of their alliance as an act of good faith.

Interactions:

Novama Novama

DSLIX DSLIX

RavenSong RavenSong

"For survival purposes that's certainly the best move, you have no reason to be afraid, I have a target much larger on my back then you do yours, if we run into something It's much more likely to come for me first." Zolgen reaffirmed to Amelia with a somewhat encouraging positive intonation. Statistically speaking this was true just given Zolgen's nature, regardless.

Looks like it wouldn't just have to be the two of them in actuality, thankfully. The greater the number the greater the odds.

After signaling to the goblins that Tupu was fine, Zolgen responded "Interested in joining us huh? I say the more the merrier especially if you aren't deterred by me. I agree, I say we should prioritize getting ourselves out, it's apparent to me some of the others aren't as open minded as you two are." Zolgen replied chuckling a bit, presuming that Amelia wouldn't have objections to this arrangement if it furthered their chances of getting out.

Once those interactions came to pass, and they moved farther in Zolgen was left admiring the surrounding area to an extent, while he didn't care too much about the existence of some ancient culture like some academic might, personally, he did care that the key to the power he desired might be within these ruins.

"Yeah, this is exactly the kind of place I'm expecting a trap or some other kind of detrimental defensive mechanism to us leaving this forest, I will restate again, we should exercise additional caution in here." Zolgen kept his Goblins close as a result. If worse came to worse he could instruct one to investigate if something was safe ahead of them, after all the goblins were disposable to me.

Zolgen let out a sound of exasperation when his senses were bombarded with what appeared to be potential movement, keeping his blades drawn for the time being."I think there might be more illusion magic at play yet again." He shared with the the group in common.

But it wasn't too long before they came up to more tricks which were before them, three paths with no explicit difference besides which direction they went. They were all enveloped in that light, at this point, Zolgen didn't feel like turning back when the potential was right there, not after they came so far in this labyrinth which was obviously intentionally disorientating to navigate. He would speak his opinion to the group.

"Sometimes, despite all the noise and sights , the best choice is the most simple one, if you two wish to continue onwards, I believe that the straight path may lead somewhere beneficial, but should you both agree to go elsewhere then out of the principle of our alliance I shall follow, even If I believe there is a great potential for what we desire should we follow one of these pathes." Truthfully Zolgen was just speaking on a hunch now, a rationale as good as anyone else would have given how similar the paths looked.

The Morrigan

tl;dr: morri looks into a fall and sees herself as a human, happy. She doesn't like that, and attempts to make progress.​

Another new experience. Toes with silt in between them. The texture was pleasant, in a way. Deeply unpleasant in other ways. She didn't appreciate the cold and damp feeling her feet felt as she lifted them from the ground, but simultaneously enjoyed the feeling of squishy dirt and mud under her feet and the knowledge that her footprint would be left behind. It was illogical, a forest is a living ecosystem where many footprints are left by many creatures at all times, but the idea that her footprint would at least be left somewhere, recognized by somebody, comforted her.

She glided across the ground, each step as effortless as the last, each step bringing more of that wetness to her senses. Now, she was ankle-deep in water that seemed to shimmer and shine, a chromatic reflection of herself in the water. She could see herself, then something else. It was in her shape, but it seemed softer. Less angular, more rounded. The reflection's hair was long and blonde, eyes blue, and she had a purple hairband to keep her hair out of her eyes. She wore a puffer jacket, jeans, out-of-place boots, and a backpack. She seemed to be walking alongside somebody else in a forest dissimilar to hers, but the Morrigan couldn't make out more than that. This reflection seemed confused for only a moment, but then...

The reflection seemed to smile. Lightly, as if remembering something fondly.

Why was she happy?

The reflection disappeared, and the angel was left staring at her own confused face -the wings, the black eyes, the feathers that substituted her eyebrows. A sense of unease passed through her as she considered the implications of what she just saw. Blasphemy. This forest had it out for her, and she knew it. The Morrigan steeled herself, eyes dead set ahead of her, determined not to catch a reflection of herself again.

"This place unsettles me." She announced to the group. "Does anyone know what we're supposed to do? What did the elk instruct us to do? Peer into the water?" Her eyes drifted across the cascading waterfalls around her, a look of discomfort and uncertainty painting her face.

Interactions: Weazel Weazel EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon

Amelia seemed to relax a bit at the demons words, even though he was quite the fright to look at, his words somehow brought the naive neko a bit of ease. "Hm yeah I guess you're right." She said with a shrug and a tilt of her head, "Yeah, but then you'd be busted pfft!" She barely chuckled before continuing. Suddenly at the corner of her eyes she'd swear she'd see Zolgen, "Wait- I.." she stuttered before looking to her side and noticing Zolgen, "Did you just-" shaking her head and shutting her eyes as she bonked her head with her gauntlets, "No I'm seeing things." She told herself in assurement.

Upon coming to the three divided paths she looked to those besides her, "Yeah, I think we should listen to the skull and go straight." She gulped a bit but her courage was unwavering, "Right. Come on." She continued, heeding the demon Zolgens warnings and keeping her senses heightened for any ripple or rap that could be picked up, however, there was something different, it felt like something was looking at them now. "Ugh.. what's with the creepy feeling!?"

Todd
Mentions: saxon saxon archur archur

Well, slowly but surely, they made their way on, following Aya’s keen senses as she lead them to the falls. The water fell, from a place too high to see the source, and into a pool too deep to see the bottom. It was quite possible that neither such thing truly existed, that the water fell from nowhere, into nowhere, only briefly pooling here in this world before moving on to the next. It pooled around his feet, reaching up to his ankles, soaking the bandages he’d wrapped around them, only just as quickly to vanish entirely with the next footfall.

In the reflection of the water, Todd caught glimpses of a man he didn’t know, who lived in a world he’d never seen. In one puddle, the man lived in a world of iron and steam, dusty frontier towns and long nights on horseback. In another, he lived on densely packed cobbled streets, in a city of secrets, promising safety to those the city left behind. In yet a third, the man lived a peaceful life in a small world of cables and concrete, never knowing the dangers that laid beyond the walls of his community. And on and on, until Todd could no longer keep track of them all. The Kushtaka thumped his tail into the water, turning its vision of a world unknown to a kaleidoscope of smaller scenes as the water splashed around him.

The Morrigan wasn’t the only one feeling unsettled. Though, hearing the angel was feeling as uncomfortable as he was somehow made the Kushtaka feel a little better. It was nice to know he wasn’t the only one. He folded his arms, trying to think back to what it was, exactly, they were supposed to be doing here.

“He said something about the cascade revealing what it was that was binding us,” Todd said, “Maybe that means we have to get up to the waterfall itself?”

He glanced out across the pool, at the constantly falling wall of water, and frowned. “I’ll try swimming out to it. So, uh, hope you all wouldn’t mind giving me a little privacy…”

The inside of his ears flushed a little red, but, he was a Kushtaka, swimming was in his nature. That made him the most practical choice. So, he found a decently high rock that didn’t seem to be getting particularly wet on the top, and stripped down to his undergarments, placing his clothes on said rock. By now fully embarrassed and regretting every moment of his life that lead him to this point, the Kushtaka looked out across the water again.

“Right… Here I go,” he muttered, more to himself than anyone else. Then he took a deep breath, dived in, and started swimming.

• Feature [Insulating Fur] E (14 Points) - This character possesses a coat of soft, insulated underfur, protected by an outer layer of longer guard hairs. This fur is capable of keeping them warm, dry, and somewhat bouyant in water, and becomes increasingly effective the higher rank it is.
  • Movement [Water Speed] F (7 Points) - Kushtaka can float and travel on or underwater at greater speeds and for longer than normal sapients.
  • Controlled Breathing F (7 Points) - Kushtaka have greater lung capacity than normal sapients of their size, and are capable of holding their breath for longer.

Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX EMIYAman EMIYAman Weazel Weazel
OOC: dslix skip 4. emiyaman skip 3. shadowfall skip 1. saxon dropped. Bit light on posts, but i'd say the most diligent are still in it to win it. Guess it makes who will get left behind more apparent XD
Time: ???pm
Weather: comfortably cool with mostly overcast skies in twilight and mist
Cooldown:
TLDR: Amelia and Zolden find themselves apparently trapped in a room will trap whoever does not possess the orb and potentially cause the death of whoever does take the orb. The Morrigan and Todd have successfully collected what they needed from the falls and learned one of the truths associated with this purgatory for souls.
Post Listening

Aethur Ruins

1698556999812-png.1121901

Beneath the towering arches of the Aether Ruins, an eerie symphony played its melancholy tune, the air itself a choir of whispers and echoes. It was as if the very stones were imprinted with ancient psalms, their voices an amalgam of past sighs and the breath of the universe. Zolgen, his goblin entourage, and Amelia navigated this colossal crypt of time, their footsteps insignificant upon the eternities of dust that lay undisturbed, their presence a mere footnote in the saga of this place.

They walked, not as intruders, but as threads being woven into the ever-expanding tapestry of the ruins’ narrative. The passage they chose was but one of many arteries leading to the heart of the labyrinth—a chamber where reality seemed to fold upon itself, a chamber illuminated by a singular golden pillar of light that hummed with the purity of an untouched dawn.

The light cradled an orb within its golden beams, pulsing with a rhythm that tugged at the core of their beings—a rhythm that mirrored the beat of a heart, or perhaps the ticking of a cosmic clock. This room was alive, not with breath, but with memory, potential, and the weight of unmade choices.

As Zolgen and Amelia stepped into the space, they were greeted by the dance of phantasms, echoes of possible selves. These specters engaged in a macabre ballet, each one a possibility, a might-have-been, or a never-was. They were countless, these ghostly doppelgängers, eternally reaching for the orb, grasping at destiny only to be undone by invisible fates. It was a loop of ambition and consequence, a cautionary chorus that sang of desire's double edge—the allure of the orb, the inevitability of the fall.

In this spectral masquerade, the truth was a chilling whisper at the nape of the neck: To covet the orb was to invite demise; to ignore it was to accept a purgatory within these stone walls. The orb, indifferent to the plight of its would-be possessors, continued its siren call, a beacon to both the greedy and the cautious.

Spectral Falls

1698557228125-png.1121902

Elsewhere, the Spectral Falls wore their name well. The water cascaded with the grace of silk, a fluid veil concealing untold mysteries. It was a place where liquid mirrors held not reflections but windows, openings to the might-have-beens.

The Morrigan and Todd stood at the precipice of understanding, gazing into the abyssal depths that promised both enlightenment and entrapment. Todd, with the innate prowess of his kin, dove into the waters that were as much a psychological expanse as a physical one. He fought not just the tide but the tendrils of history, the spectral hands that sought to anchor him to bygone eras and forgotten faces.

The water fought him like a living thing, each wave a challenge, each current a test of resolve. Yet Todd moved with a determination that was born from the knowledge that to falter was to fade into the annals of the falls.

When his fingers finally brushed against the orb, reality peeled away, layer by layer, revealing the soulscapes of existence. Lives—his, others', past selves and parallel possibilities—swirled in a kaleidoscope of truths and revelations. It was a map of souls, of existences siphoned and segregated, all tethered to the great tree at the soul wood's heart, pulsing with the power that held them captive. The tree was both jailer and liberator, its roots the chains and its sap the key to their release.

In touching the orb, Todd understood. The great tree was the beginning and the end, and their liberation was entwined with its enigmatic purpose—a riddle wrapped in the enigma of the ages, waiting to be unraveled. Todd would shine with an eerie light when he chose to reemerge from the waters. He would know it was time to return to the tree, at least, for him it was.

Todd
Interacts with: archur archur

By the time Todd hauled himself back to the shallows, he was feeling both physically and mentally drained. It had been hard going at points, and he was perhaps a little out of practice. No, even if that was the case, the forest hadn’t wanted him to reach the orb. Had a lesser swimmer than him made the attempt, they likely would have suffered a fate worse than death. He looked down at his shaking paws, taking in the ghostly light he was giving off. Then he looked back towards where he’d left the others. Aya and the ghost were gone, already moved on to the next challenge, perhaps? The angel remained.

The Kushtaka dressed himself quickly as he could, but with the adrenaline fading from his body, he ended up fumbling with the buttons of his pants and shirt a few times, and then had trouble looping his belt. Once he was finally, mercifully, presentable again, he returned to The Morrigan, giving her a weak but hopefully still reassuring grin.

“We’d better make our way back, if we want to meet up to the others,” he said, “If I remember right, we passed the whispering trees and the dancing ghosts on the way to the tree, and the ruins were over yonder as well.”

He didn’t like this strange feeling in his gut. The one telling him to return to the tree as quickly as possible. Part of him hoped the Angel would object, or otherwise might want to stop at one of the other two spots for an extended period, even if that might mean wasting time they didn’t have. Above all, he couldn’t wait to be out of this forest. He really wanted to go back to the Republic, back to the familiar comforts of Nan Gau.

“What do you think? Do you want to try taking on one of the other challenges?” He asked, perhaps a bit too hopefully.

Zolgen
1196110200.png
Languages: "Common", "#Monster#"​
Interactions: Novama Novama RavenSong RavenSong

TLDR Zolgen goes for the orb and tells Amelia to let him handle it due to the additional danger he feels. Orders goblins to be on standby in monster incase something tries to attack or prevent him from completing the action.

What Zolgen wasn't expecting was to walk with his goblins and hear some strange tune that started up which had not been there before. "Say..Amelia do you hear that music too?" Her comment about things being creepy would have been spot on if he was still a human, but feeling like the predator he was, he wasn't nearly as intimidated as he would have been otherwise. He'd ask in common curiously, looking around with his blades still in hand around the space to see if he could figure out where it was coming from. He had no idea what language was on the stones, something far beyond what the demon seemed to understand, but what he did know was that if he stayed true..there was bound to be power here that he could obtain for himself, and use it against the world..It was only encouraging to him, where there was danger there must have been SOMETHING someone else didn't want them getting..well Zolgen would show whatever built these ruins that he was up to play their dangerous game.

Zolgen practically felt drawn to this heart with the path he had chosen in that split instance, and it looked like Amelia was fine with going that way herself. This made his job much easier. But then there were Phantasms..that Zolgen doubted he'd be able to actually be able to hit..This reminded him of some ball but with spirits as the participants and it looked like ghosts were trying to grab the orb..at least Zolgen thought their were ghosts. Despite the fantastical archetecture, and the spectacle of ghostly figures, Zolgen knew what he needed to do intrinsically when he saw that orb. Despite the feeling of potential of danger he got, he wanted it for himself so he was going to act quickly before the others could. Zolgen spoke in monster to his goblins "#Protect me.#" Afterward without a word Zolgen put his swords away and used his speed and height to attempt to reach the orb so he could possess it. The goblins on the other hand moved with their pointy sticks drawn ready to retaliate toward anything that tried to stop Zolgen from getting the orb.

"Amelia I have a feeling that if one of us doesn't take this orb neither of us are getting out of here..but at the same time I feel a great danger from this orb, allow me to assume the additonal risk as someone whose whole existence is defined by danger." He told her, hoping that she'd be agreeable. He still wasn't sure what her fighting capabilities were, and while he did find her entertaining however if need be and she didn't heed his words, he would probably be in a position where he'd need to kill her should she decide to become an additional obstacle to him getting the power he desired and leaving these ruins, these thoughts in the back of his mind while he acted.

The Morrigan

tl;dr: morrigan watched todd do his thing, then discusses what they should do next.​

It seemed that Todd had interpreted what the fey creature- Fey creature. I didn't have a name for them before, but now I do. Why is that? The creature in question, the strange elk's words seemingly had not fallen on deaf ears. Todd made it apparent that he thought he should swim through the waterfall, and though the Morrigan began to object silently, stepping into the lapping waters, she noted that Todd wanted privacy for what he was about to do. She thought about it for a moment, to perhaps reason with him that there was another interpretation, another way for them to push through this encounter. Still, eventually, she simply turned away, her mass of feathered wings obscuring him from her vision.

She watched intently as he dove and fought through the waters. She swore that hands reached out to grip him, to reach and drag him down into the depths. She willed him to push forward, extending her mental might to try and raise him through the air and past the water, but to no avail. She was not her mother. She could only watch as the creature that she considered friend did what his species did best: swim for his life.

There was silence then, and the light. Her wings granted him modesty from her eyes as he exited the waters, an artifact in hand. This was the key to their escape that was mentioned earlier, but the mortal wanted a moment to dress himself. Strange. I suppose privacy is an important matter for mortals. She stared back into the pools of the falls again, her face echoed in different reflections of herself, so few serving mother. She didn't understand. She didn't want to understand. She kicked at the water, scattering the mirrored reflections into tiny shards, tinier realities, tinier possibilities.

It was then, that the Kushtaka returned, dressed. He remarked how they might want to try one of the other challenges or return to the tree.

"One of the other challenges?" She asked quizzically. "You hold a key in your hands to escape, do you not? Perhaps we should make good on it and do so. We should return to the tree at once, the sooner we leave the better." A beat passed as she thought about the implication of a key. Was it personal? "Maybe we should visit another challenge. I am unsure if this key of yours will be kind enough to allow more than one person to use it."

Interactions: Weazel Weazel Novama Novama

Todd

The Kushtaka nodded, a bit glumly. “Fae are… Tricky sorts. Can’t rightly say if this one orb’ll be enough to get us both out or not. Figure as long as we’re passing the other challenges on the way back, grabbing another’ll make for good insurance.”

He was worried about Aya. Had she already made good her own escape, or was she lost somewhere else in this forest? He had to trust that she knew what she was doing, and would be okay without him. After all, she’d done perfectly well for herself before they’d met, why would that change now? He nodded to himself, then took a deep breath.

“Alright, we’d better get a move on. Stop me when we reach the challenge you want to attempt, okay?”

And with that, the Kushtaka lead them on, letting the feeling in his stomach, the need to return to the tree, guide him. After some moments of silence, he opened his mouth again to speak.

“I think… Something about that big old tree’s sap will help us get out of here,” he said, “But I’m not sure how yet. If we need to drink it, or what. It’s just a bit of knowledge that’s been nagging at the back of my head since I touched the orb.”

Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX EMIYAman EMIYAman Weazel Weazel
OOC: dslix skip 5. emiyaman skip 4. shadowfall skip 1. raven skip 1. saxon dropped. -- We are nearing the end. Speak up if there are any elements in particular you wish to explore or hash out.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Zolgen and Amelia realize only one of them is leaving the chamber. The Morrigan and Todd must decide whether to heed the call of the Forest Heart or Find other Orbs.
Post Listening

Aethur Ruins

In the Aether Ruins, where time was a palimpsest of echoes, and reality wove in and out like a sly cat through the legs of the improbable, Zolgen stood—a figure bathed in the eerie luminescence of the chamber. The orb had chosen him, or perhaps it had always been so, and it settled into his being with the comfort of a well-worn cloak. The ruins whispered to him, not in words, but in memories that dripped down the ancient stone walls like condensation, pooling into the tapestry of his newfound knowledge.

The air was thick with the scent of old stone and forgotten magics, the hum of arcane energy almost a physical presence. The walls pulsed gently, in rhythm with Zolgen's newfound heartbeat, the echoes of the orb's power. The chamber seemed to breathe with him, barriers manifesting with the silent solidity of finality, a cyclical tomb that had witnessed its own story too many times.

Amelia, who moved through the newly confined space, was not herself alone. She was every Amelia that had ever been in that room, a haunting parade of possibilities and ended certainties. The flash of light had carved through the darkness, etching the past into her vision, a macabre dance of what had been. Her shadows flickered against the barriers, each a silent accusation, a memory of abandonment, of betrayal, where each Amelia was left, a sacrificial ghost to the chamber’s insatiable appetite.

It became clear to both of them as their memories were repaired in a flash of light: only one of them was leaving the chamber. Zolgen, with orb a part of his being, could only be stopped if Amelia killed him. This moment had played out to the both of them countless times before and here they were again. They already knew what would happen if they fought. They already knew if what happened if they didn't fight. They knew everything they had ever done in that room and that in none of the things they did thus far did both of them leave the chamber.

Spectral Falls

1698557228125-png.1121902

Outside, in the malevolent embrace of the dark forest, Todd bore the weight of the orb within him. It was a subtle heaviness, a knowledge that beckoned the trees to bow, the shadows to retreat, offering a path illuminated by the pallid light of the orb’s essence. The Morrigan, ethereal and out of place amidst the gnarled trunks and whispering leaves, found her way marred by roots that did not part for her, by brambles that sought to grasp and claim.

The forest itself was a sentient creature, ancient beyond measure, watching through the eyes of crows perched upon twisted limbs. The soil underfoot was not merely earth but the compacted story of all who had traversed these woods, a carpet woven from the threads of their fate. The breeze carried murmurs, not of wind through leaves, but the sighs of those other souls, the ones who were no longer present. Their absence was a void filled with the rustle of leaves, the distant crack of a branch—were they claimed by the forest, or seeking other orbs, entrapped in their own duels with destiny?

The heart of the forest throbbed in time with the ruins and deep wood, a creaking and swishing sound that spoke of life and demise orchestrated by the unfathomable will of the place the party found themselves trapped in. The roots snaked deep, entwined with the very fabric of reality, every sapling a potential sentinel, every leaf a silent witness. The party was scattered now, threads pulled taut in the weave of the wood's enigmatic intentions, each step they took, an extra revelation.

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png
Languages:
"Common", "#Monster#"​
Interactions: Novama Novama RavenSong RavenSong
The next experience which took place was strange, the way the orb seemed to practically merge into him..new power and knoweldge felt from the ruins, this is what Zolgen wanted. He wasn't about to let it be taken away from him. His lust for power was far too strong..he still had so many to make pay for taking Gra away from him. He survived too long in this new world to just give up now, even if it meant killing this other wise entertaining young woman. at the end of the day Zolgen was a monster, who had to face off against the world on the regular, and the ruins only just now created an environment where he was going to have to do the same. Under other circumstances he might have given Amelia a fair warning, but as soon as he felt the power settle the ruins sent the idea to his very core that only one of them would be leaving and the one who he was going to prioritize of course was himself.

This wasn't a difficult decision for Zolgen to make, he stood by the words he had spoken to Achu, he was an absolute predator who was going to carve his way throuh the world, and enjoy himself while doing it, just like those he had slaughtered in his previous life. Hopefully the facade he had put up earlier would act to his advantage, of course he knew very well Ameila might have gotten the same feeling he did, that the only way forward was violence.

"#Very well I'll meet your conditions.#" He spoke in monster to no one in particular, perhaps just speaking to the powers at play within the ruins. He hoped that if he was successful he'd gain a further understanding of this power, for now he'd direct his goblins to strike.

"#Work together and attack her, then clear out of my way.#" He commanded to them in monster.

Goblin Javelineers
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 11.47.32 PM.png
The goblins were stuck a bit between a rock and a hard place, even the one which had waved to her, if they didn't attack they knew just how easily Zolgen could kill them, but if they attacked then there was a chance of them dying. Never the less The goblins were excited at the prospect of killing, since it meant that perhaps they'd get to share in some of the loot, or if they did well enough they might be rewarded.

The five Goblin Javlineers approached Amelia quickly in a spread out javelineer wall line, running over to her when they were within range they all attacked with:
Long Thrust - Fighting Style Gobbish Javelineer F, Ranged F
Goblin Javelineer attempts to strike single target up to 10 ft away in front of them. Grade F - 0 post cooldown

The goblins then dispersed onto either side to make room for Zolgen.

1. Goblins spread out into a Javelin wall and if necessary move within 10 ft of Amelia.
2. Goblins all atempt to strike her with Long Thrust - Fighting Style Gobbish Javelineer F, Ranged F
Goblin Javelineer attempts to strike single target up to 10 ft away in front of them. Grade F - 0 post cooldown.
Simuainously
3. Goblins move as many ft needed to the left and right depending which closest too to make room for Zolgen.

After that opening Zolgen rushed forward, wielding his twin blades. When he was within a 5 ft range he attacked Amelia with a Demonic Traveling Twin Slash ability. Zolgen then followed up with a Demonic Twin Strike attack, his two blades coming down again, in an effort to try to hit her.

1. Move through goblin clearing until within 5 ft of Amelia.
2. Try to use Demonic Traveling Twin Slash on Amelia.
Demonic Traveling Twin slash-Fighting Style Fiendish E, Twin Blade Linked F, Ranged F Grade E- 1 Post Cooldown.
Zolgen slashes his blade at a single target sending forth a traveling slash, can strike a target up to 10 ft away in a 10 ft x 10 ft box front of him, if first traveling slash connects he quickly follows up with a second.
3. Try to follow up attack with a Demonic Twin Strike attack.
Demonic Twin Strike - Fighting Style Fiendish Twin Blade F, Linked F Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown
Zolgen attempts to strike a single target up to 5 ft in front of him with one sword before quickly following up with the other.

Amelia took a few steps back, noticing something fairly odd about the goblins. "I-is everything okay?" She asked a big nervously, but somewhere deep down she knew the truth. Only confirmed by the seemingly secret language and command Zolgen gave his subordinates.

"Right." Spreading her gauntlets she let out a determined sigh. "Desires, compel us to act, even if it means betraying."

Taking a few more steps back however, "It doesn't have to be this way, demon!"

What little desire she felt to save Zolgen from himself was waning fast. Perhaps it was her foolish trust. Or feline curiosity.

When the goblins seemed to surround her, the neko huffed, "Well, who is first?" But before that question could be answered she'd quickly activate [Pre-Cognition F] (I know skills can't be used like this but I don't have any other ideas! T.T ) to notice the attack before it happened. Action 1.

Amelia would quickly act by moving out of range. [Fast F] Action 2

Action 3 Then would use Mysterious Mist F on Zolgen. Blinding and asphyxiating everything within it's 30 ft range.

The Morrigan

tl;dr: morrigan follows todd and asks what they should do​

As they walked, aimlessly at that, the way weaved in the way of her as she walked. She could barely keep up pace with the Kushtaka, only following the orb's light from the encroaching darkness of the forest, and the whispers. The whispers. They were unceasing, uncaring, unending. She felt as if her head would grow cold, her ears would fall off, her skin would crack and slough off, and then...

"Please slow down Todd. My feet can barely keep up with you."

Her voice was quiet, weak. "I am feeling strong uncertainty for the first time Todd, I am unsure if drinking the sap is a good idea." Her foot was caught underneath denser underbrush, and she fell face-first into the unkind greenery.

It was cold. Unwelcoming. It wanted her to die, but not become a part of the soil. She could never be a part of the soil, a part of this place. Hurriedly, she stood back up.

"Perhaps we can find the others?" She piped up. "I think we can come to a clear consensus if the two of us have further opinions!" She rushed along to try and catch up. "Let's take a break. Are you sure the sap will save us, and not seal us? I want to return to your people with you Todd! Not be trapped here!" Her voice quavered with fear and anxiety. "I don't want to die here!"

Interactions: Weazel Weazel Novama Novama

Todd
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae saxon saxon

He hadn’t realized The Morrigan was falling behind until she’d spoken up. He turned, and, not spotting her, followed the sound of her voice back the way he’d come. When Todd found the angel again, she was face first in the mud. The Kushtaka picked his way over to her, and was about to offer a paw when she climbed back to her feet herself. Instead, his half outstretched paw clenched, and he pulled it back to his muzzle, feeling more than a little ashamed he hadn’t realized her predicament earlier.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to leave you behind, there… And, well, maybe we don’t gotta drink it, but I know that sap’s important somehow,” the Kushtaka conceded. “It’s the roots we gotta watch out for.”

His eyes drifted down to the ground, to the tangled mess of underbrush that had tripped up The Morrigan. Maybe that was meant more literally than he knew? He frowned, deeply, not really wanting to wait here any longer, in case things somehow got even worse. So he looked back up at the angel, and returned to his reassuring grin.

“Sure, I’d love to show ya Nan Gau, bunch of good, hard workin’ folks there. You’ll fit right in! Then Miss Aya and I can introduce ya to Sariella. She can be a bit of a brat, but she is just a kid. Still, I think she’d like you!” The Kushtaka said, good naturedly. He tried to keep his voice soothing, despite the anxiety he was feeling himself. He didn’t want to wait here, but he also didn’t want to risk leaving the angel behind. So, instead, Todd reached out a paw, to grasp The Morrigan’s hand in his. “Hope you’ll pardon the indiscretion, but we should probably keep movin’. We can wait for the others by the tree and compare notes, like ya said. They’ll all be headin’ back there!”

And so, gently, the Kushtaka tried again to lead the angel onward, keeping her hand in his.

OOC: dslix skip 6. emiyaman skip 5. shadowfall skip 1. raven skip 1. saxon dropped. -- We are nearing the end. Speak up if there are any elements in particular you wish to explore or hash out.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Amelia becomes the vessel of many lives but has a way out. Morrigan and Todd return to the elysium meadow where they find the wood has changed and the stag stands alone in the field like some kind of omen.
Post Listening

Aethur Ruins

A dance of destiny unfolded, where steel met steel, and cunning clashed with resolve. Amelia, her gauntlets shattered, was a tempest of defiance against Zolgen, a demon whose determination was as unyielding as the ancient stones around them. Their conflict was one of survival, echoing through the chamber with the ferocity of warriors bound by fate. Amelia, beaten and flung backward, her body painting a crimson arc through the air, collided with the far wall. The impact would have rendered any mortal unconscious, yet something extraordinary occurred.

As Amelia lay in a pool of her own blood, the golden pillar of light that once cradled the orb enveloped her after she had passed through it previously mid-flight. In this moment, she was transformed, not just in body but in essence. A halo, crown-like and discolored, manifested around her head, signifying a nobility and divinity born of sacrifice and suffering. It was a key, much like the orb within Zolgen, wrought from the countless lives that had tread this path before. The rules of the chamber had changed; now, neither needed to be left behind. The choice lay before them - to continue their duel, each fueled by newfound power, or to seize this opportunity and escape together, leaving the trapped goblins to their eternal prison.

Soulbound Forest Clearing and Tree

1696902698793-png.1118555

In the forest, Todd and The Morrigan journeyed towards the heart of the forest, a path lit by the subtle glow of the orb within Todd. Their path was one of some sort of providence, the heart of the forest calling to them, its pulse echoing through the very air. Todd, driven by a knowledge he couldn’t fully comprehend, led the way with a quiet conviction. The great tree awaited, its roots deep and secrets profound, a nexus of fate where their journey would find its crescendo.

The forest itself seemed to hold its breath as they neared its inner edge, the atmosphere charged with anticipation. The meadow was familiar but many of the spirits that had been around previously were gone. The eternal twilight also seemed later that it had been. Both would have a sense the soul wood was reaching some sort of climax, but the ultimate outcome was anyone's guess. The lone forest spirit, the stag, that had spoken to them earlier stood in the growing shade of the heart of the forest. It would watch the 2 that emerged from the forest where several had once entered. If the two wished to speak with the stag again, they would need to go out of there way to do so as it remained content to stay in place.

Zolgen
1196110200-1.png

Languages: "Common", "#Monster#"​
Novama Novama RavenSong RavenSong

Thankfully it looked like Zolgen and his goblins managed to down her pretty quickly, as he would have been expected. In a live or die scenario no matter how much he liked someone, Zolgen would have to prioritize himself in the vast majority of cases. He watched as the crimson came out and he felt a sense of elevation from appealing to his innate blood lust. It always brought back memories of his past and just how what would be horrifying to others he was quite fond of partaking in. As she collided against the wall Zolgen assumed that it was said and done as if that hadn't outright killed her, surely she would have lost consciousness at that point. He had half a notion to walk over and inflict a decisively fatal blow just for assurance that she wouldn't be a problem later for him should she survive but then something strange happened. Zolgen got the sudden sense that the rules had changed.

He had to put in some effort to cease his activity when he realized the ruins' rules shift. Especially after he saw that miraculously she had some kind of power herself now exuding off of her, which no doubt prevented his blows from killing or knocking her out.

"It looks like it actually doesn't have to be this way after all." He spoke to her in common once more.

"However, I will make one thing absolutely clear, I did not betray you, Amelia. It became apparent it was between my life or yours and had we not fought the ruins would have claimed both our lives, it was nothing personal, I actually rather like you, but I understand if there may be hard feelings after that." He said casually toward the end.

"But when given the choice to live or not, I will always choose to live, I take it you understand that much."

"Given this shift of circumstances I have a new proposal, your gantlets have shattered and while I can feel something different about you, I think you're well aware of our difference in power. It is to my understanding that the Ruins simply need to be satiated, something lost for something gained. If you wish to walk out of here alive with me, I will leave my goblins here in our place so that the ruins may take them as the cost, but in return I expect that you'll put this incident behind us and continue to work with me for us to both leave this forest. This means if given the option, you will prioritize you and myself leaving as I will for you. After the point which we have successfully left this strange forest, whether you want anything to do with me again is up to you."

The demon made the proposal, however he was more than ready to keep fighting should she not agree. While it would have been just as easy for the demon to try to finish her off, he felt having an ally when there were so many against him was a good idea, even with the new power he didn't understand the full implications.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20231114-211139-953.png

Within her attempt to set up an attack, Amelias gauntlets shattered by a cunning demonic cleaver. Immediately followed up by a fatal blow that both sliced and threw her towards a solid wall.

However just as it seemed like everything was lost, a strange thing had happened mid air. The neko seemed to have been touched by some sort of divine energy. As her vitals seeped onto the ground, she seemed to be filled by a divine sense of purpose. It felt as if all of her previous and future lives all came together into the present moment; into her current incarnation.

Gauntlets broken, her hands were exposed as she picked herself up as the halo over her head radiated transparent like yet wispy and visible. Hands filled with her blood she slowly rose as the demon spoke. Revenge, no longer seemed like something she wanted to take, she wanted to outgrow the pettiness of the. world. There was suddenly no longer a desire, she had everything she could ever want: A divine affirmation of her nobility.

"Let us not quarrel like cats and dogs, demon. You did what you had to do, I choose to continue. And perhaps, even, spare your life." There was a solemnity in her voice, but it wasn't threatening. It was that of someone who preferred to move on than to fight. "I like this proposition." She said with a nod, "However, when, we get out of here. Seek me out, I might have a little task which may require your.. talents." The nekos gait was changed, she was no longer the farmers market fish merchant. She was very much as one would see a duchess. However, much needed to be prepared until such a title was given.

"Shall we go?" She asked the demon nonchalantly. "This place has served it's purpose."

Last edited:
OOC: dslix skip 7. emiyaman skip 6. shadowfall skip 2. raven skip 1. saxon dropped. good enough
Cooldown:
TLDR: the end. thanks for playing
Post Listening:

Heart of the Soul Wood

1700103451509.png

In the Soulbound Forest, where time was a knotted tapestry of eternal dusk, a profound convergence was unfolding. Amelia, now imbued with a divine light, and Zolgen, their discord resolved, emerged from the labyrinth of the Aether Ruins. Their journey back to the great tree was marked by a subtle shift in the forest’s demeanor—a reluctant yielding to their newfound power and something more.

Meanwhile, Todd and The Morrigan, bound by an unspoken camaraderie, navigated the golden fields of the meadow, led by the orb’s ethereal glow within Todd.

As these weary travelers converged at the heart of the forest with perhaps others, the colossal tree loomed before them, its massive trunk etched with glowing, arcane runes. The air was heavy with the scent of ancient sap and the whispers of countless souls entwined in the bark. Here, at the nexus of their fate, the characters felt the oppressive weight of infinite iterations—a cycle of entrapment and struggle within the forest’s embrace.

The ritual that awaited them was steeped in the lore of the forest itself, a blend of magic and memory. The tree’s sap, a luminous, viscous liquid, held the key to their liberation. Each character, guided by an instinct, perhaps from the orbs or maybe from past iterations of themselves, approached the tree. Their hands, glowing with the light of their respective orbs, reached out to touch the mystical runes.

As they made contact, the runes pulsed with light, resonating with the energy of their inner light. The characters began to chant, their voices weaving together in a harmonious cadence. The words were ancient, known to their souls but not their minds, a litany of release and renewal. The sap began to flow freely, encircling their feet, its glow intensifying with each verse of their chant.

The tree responded, its branches swaying as if in a gentle breeze. The leaves rustled, releasing a cascade of luminescent spores that enveloped the group in a shimmering golden cloud. As the ritual reached its crescendo, the characters felt the bonds of the forest loosen, the cycle of entrapment breaking at last.

But the forest’s release was selective, capricious. For some, the light of the spores coalesced into ethereal bridges, pathways leading out of the eternal twilight into the evening of the normal world. For others, the spores swirled in a dance of refusal, binding their souls even tighter to the forest’s heart.

In this moment of truth, where destiny hung in balance, the Soul Wood shifted. The eternal twilight gave way to the deepening hues of evening, the sky painted with the colors of freedom and finality. Some characters felt the tug of the real world, their forms dissolving into light, carried away on the wings of liberation. Others stood, rooted in place, their fate entwined with the forest, guardians of its secrets and sentinels of its stories.

The Soul Wood, now released from its ageless vigil, whispered a farewell to those it freed and a solemn welcome to those it kept. In the heart of the forest, the great tree stood silent, its runes dimming, a testament to the end of an epoch and the beginning of another. The forest settled into a peaceful hush, its twilight saga closed, its secrets held close in the embrace of those who remained.

And so, the Soulbound Forest entered a new era, its eternal cycle broken, its captives freed and bound in equal measure. The characters who left carried with them memories of a timeless adventure, a journey through the heart of magic and mystery, while those who stayed became the keepers of the forest's enigmatic legacy until their time would come again.

The End

Isekai Hell Grade

DSLIX DSLIX EMIYAman EMIYAman Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Novama Novama RavenSong RavenSong archur archur TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Weazel Weazel saxon saxon

Good job to those of you that stuck with it to the end. Fairly promising start. Definitely had some interesting dynamics happening in a few scenes. This rp was fairly full of mysteries. Hopefully a solid starting point for some and springboard for others. Ultimately everyone would escape the wood eventually. Just unclear when.

Aftermath:
N/A

Reward

Novama - 23pts

Amelia - 32pts
optional Asset acquired [Past Self F] - Character has integrated more than one lifetime into their being. This asset may be exchanged for F grade standing in faction of their choosing by leveraging the life experiences of the past life they absorbed.

The Morrigan - 46pts
optional Asset acquired [Past Self F] - Character has integrated more than one lifetime into their being. This asset may be exchanged for F grade standing in faction of their choosing by leveraging the life experiences of the past life they absorbed. Document adding this asset to your sheet before exchanging it.

Zolgen - 46pts
Mandatory title acquired [Abuser F] - character has willfully caused harm to "innocents". Character is now a criminal until slain or redeemed.

Todd - 46pts
optional Asset acquired [Past Self F] - Character has integrated more than one lifetime into their being. This asset may be exchanged for F grade standing in faction of their choosing by leveraging the life experiences of the past life they absorbed.

Partial Participants

Aya - 21pts

Rios - 4pts

Zohar - 23pts

Tupu - 16pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back