• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Soulbound Forest] Soul Wood

Aya F Grade.png
Aya

A Grade Character

Titles: Kitsune, Order Initiate, Defender of Sootspire, Ryke Noble Associate F, Friend of Sol Faith, Hero of Nan Gau, Known to Clan Yamimoto

mentions: Weazel Weazel EMIYAman EMIYAman TheTimePiece TheTimePiece maeeeeee maeeeeee Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX Novama Novama

Abillities/cooldown/Actions

TLDR: Aya is disappointed in Zohars fighting style and gets annoyed before making an open threat and trying to calm Todd down and moves toward the tree.

Aya kept her eyes on Zohar, the supposed healer, though he seemed much more like an instigator than a healer in this situation. The Kitsune kept her eyes locked on him as she saw the bastardized form take place. "What kind of bastardized form is that? You are not even doing it close to right," Aya's tone from the more neutral tone earlier took a more aggressive sound this time around. There were few people who could get under her skin after all she had to keep track of Sariel and that was plenty of work all by itself. The fact that the individual seemed to be playing King maker annoyed her.

When Todd spoke, she raised her hand off the hilt of her blade for a moment. "Thank you for the concern but if he makes the wrong move I would rather cut him down myself, not to mention try to get the monster here to do your bidding I think you have an angle to play here and I'm not sure what yet," Aya stated as he was now going to keep a close eye on him from now on and Zolgen to some extent but far more to Zohar. She figured most wouldn't let the monster attack someone and Zohar seemed to be picking fights that he himself wouldn't be able to win alone.

As the group move further into the forest and eventually come to a clearing Aya stopped and looked at the large tree that housed the lights from a far. "Well I think we found what we were called her for one reason or another for," Aya stated as she started to make her way toward the tree to see what was going to await the group.

Zolgen
1196110200.png

Mentions: Weazel Weazel Novama Novama EMIYAman EMIYAman maeeeeee maeeeeee Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX

TLDR: Zolgen while admitting he likes the idea tells Zohar might be better for the overall group for him to see if Aya wants to to fight later rather than in this realm. Comments on how Aya seems pretty serious about beating him too. Zolgen follows the path and tries to avoid running into any traps. Asks Todd where he is from out of curiosity. Warns the group at large who are following the main path to watch where they are going. At the meadow Zolgen then thanks the Fae, Agrees with Aya to the group at large, and then Zolgen and goblins cautiously gets closer to the tree keeping a distance from her encase something bad happens.

Zolgen was actually a bit surprised to hear from Zohar, tell him so casually that he should fight someone who had been encumbered by the forest this way. He had half a notion to pull out his blades and show them first hand what kind of damage he could do. His hand even twitched. It wasn't like Zolgen hadn't been part of monster attacks where young people had been killed anyway, granted according to Aya she had been shifted in some form..would she even be in full power. Zolgen did always enjoy fighting opponents, particularly when he was able to defeat those who were supposed to be powerful.

Zolgen chuckled a bit.
"Sounds like you have an idea of a good time Zohar. Perhaps I'll have to see if she wants to fight at some point, but sadly I think it might be better when we get out of this..should I say 'tricky' realm, as much fun as I'd have, who knows what we could attract if we started doing that here? She sounds pretty serious about it too." At this point Zolgen was making it out like through omission that he cared much at all about the greater group's safety. Since none of them had out right attacked him yet he felt like he was doing a decent job of it. Granted at the very least he was with an interesting crowd of people. It made him more willing to let them do what they needed to do before putting his self inclination toward violence first. Amelia was interesting, so was the one who proclaimed she'd bring destruction to humanity, and now Zohar recommending something risky like that, even the beast and his demeanor was curious to Zolgen as he didn't really fit what Zolgen had heard of the beast places in his mannerisms.

"So Todd, where are you from exactly?" Zolgen turned to him, after he had spoken out, curious.

"I can see I was right about the tricks, everyone should pay special attention to where they're going." He stated matter of fact to whoever followed the main group.

For now Zolgen diligently followed the group, looking at the strange surroundings. He took note of the puddles and tried his best not to step in them presuming he found out what they did. While others might have understood and felt this feeling of longing like there were many stories told in the past in a place like this, Zolgen was relatively unmoved by such feelings. Sure he could relate to them in some ways, from his past life, but they didn't seem very reflective of his current with the exception of the Wild Hunt perhaps..whose members he wasn't sure where they had gone off too or if they were alive, he should probably reconnect with Nissa sooner than later he though to himself. Zolgen instructed the Goblins who followed him every now and again to make sure they watched where they were going.
---
Even Zolgen felt an almost oppressive feeling from the forest, like it was encircling them as if they were prey..so he felt a bit relieved by the time they were reaching the clearing. Zolgen even in his past life could appreciate a meadow, but he couldn't get distracted by these details, this realm was decidedly unpredictable, for all they knew this could shift into some dangerous place quickly. While looking fantastical the spirits in the distance weren't the most comforting thing ever.

Once again Zolgen would have been curious to see if his blade could cut through beings like these just as well as any, but for now he did not act out, giving a bit of a wave to the one who approved them, as he had to the group earlier. The goblins looked a bit restless still but they stayed grouped up and followed.

"Thank you for your..greeting." Zolgen responded, not understanding what they had said of course.

The demon had stopped at this point and looked at the scene ahead.

He'd turn to the group."I agree with her, that tree has a certain allure which I think is worth investigating as it seems unlikely these beings are interested in harming us." Zolgen and the goblins cautiously followed Aya but kept a distance, better her than him if something went horribly wrong after all. Just now starting to feel a bit excited again, as he could feel whatever this tree was contained some kind of power much older than him or anyone else there..it rekindled the idea to him that something useful was here for him.

Sen SSR Art - Granblue Fantasy Art Gallery.jpeg

Amelia, having begun to make her way into the forest would continue to notice strange things at the corner of her eyes. She had to willfully ignore the growing pressure of the looming shadows. Amelia's catlike features would frown with annoyance before suddenly calling out into the empty void of the forest. "Come out already! You brought us here, now explain why?!" She huffed before stomping her foot and continuing along the path that somehow was being revealed before her.

Before long it appeared the fox lady Aya and the leader like character Zohar we're getting into it. Amelia would have glanced at Zolgen briefly with a shrug, "Looks like we're already clashing huh?" She muttered enough for only the demon to hear. Then the leader like personality Zohar walked passed them, muttering words of his own. "H-hey wait just a minute, you!" She called after him matching his pace and fluttering her hands about, "That was totally a taunt! Does the forest have you that deep in it's paws?" Looking back at Zolgen it was impossible to tell his true reaction as he seemed to sort of enjoy thid attempt at friction. "Hm.." she purred. "..this is a weird group indeed." Looking down she followed after Tupu but not before stepping on a puddle beneath her feet. For some crazy reason the puddle in which she stepped on gave her the most intense sensation of falling into it. It was almost like free falling. "Ee.. eeeek!" She jumped back then forward then placed her hands over her eyes. "Alright! Which one of you gave me catnip?!" The feeling would get more and more overwhelming much to the nekos displeasure as she groaned.

"I hate this.. why is the forest making me feel hungover?" She protested as she accidentally bumped into Aya. "H-hey.. are we almost there yet?" She asked a little belligerent.

However, it was shortly after that the forest finally gave way to a wide clearing and a feeling of serenity that contrasted the otherwise chaotic dark firest . "Finally." Amelia sighed deeply as she looked around a bit, then crossing her arms she hummed. "Is.. this it?" She asked outloud. Then looking to her side would be Aya, "uhm.. hi.. I don't think we've met. The names Amelia and it seems this tree is what brought us together." The neko would tilt her head a little confused about the tree and the words escaping her mouth . "Isn't it?"

It was shortly after this introduction that a most pleasant encounter took place. Wisps and funny little spirits would take to the space before the group. "Wow! Look at that!" She said happily but obviously trying to hold back her excitement. "Ahem.. I mean.. cute. Mhm. Very cute." Before long fae words would be spoken by what appeared to be little winged creatures. Their words sounded sweet, maybe even welcoming so Amelia decided to wave, twiddling her fingers as she did. "Hey there!" She said happily. "Uhm.. so we were brought here by this place, do you know why that could be?" She figured asking wouldn't hurt and acting out what she was saying as best she could would likely make things easier?

Placing her hands on her hips she took a long look at the tree overhead in the distance. "How about a race to the tree? Last one there is a rotten fish?" She'd start out towards the tree then with a jog and a skip.

The Morrigan

tl;dr: Morrigan absorbs Zohar's words and decides that she hates him. She walks along with the rest of the team to the plains, then invades Zolgen's personal space and dumps her feelings out to him since he isn't human either.​

Words were something The Morrigan was beginning to learn carried more than their direct meaning. Emotion, or a lack of it, also carried some meaning to it. Words could affect emotion with precisely how they were said, their intonation, and even the speaker's cadence. It was so strange to her how Zohar's words began to ignite a feeling she felt earlier: frustration. However, this was different. It wasn't frustration towards herself, her purpose, or her mother, it was a righteous frustration that secured her purpose in her mind. Her gaze sharpened as the group walked onwards, silently lamenting how she couldn't simply float above the ground and had to touch the dirt with her feet, how she had to be careful not to step into puddles of ephemeral dream stuff, how she had to ensure she didn't suffocate in the overwhelming atmosphere of the thick forest. She was sure that this frustration was different, however, that it was another four-letter word she found useful: Hate. She hated the human-centered view he had, and how he wanted to feed that to her. How he tried to convince her that she should be human when she was clearly superior. She silently wished for his bones to rot and his muscles to bubble and fester, her body language rigid and hard. I was made by a God! Mother dearest! These humans were inferior in every way, and they should know their place.

But she didn't make that apparent. She was accepted, for now, and she wouldn't jeopardize her place here when she had not yet reached civilization. Eventually, as the group walked, the trees gave way to fields and fae who flitted around the group like curious vultures observing a dying animal. She felt as if these creatures were expecting something out of them, but their chime-like voices seemed to put the rest of the group at ease, and she wouldn't be the one to make a fuss, or more of a fuss, than need be. A large tree dominated the view of the plains. It was clear that this was their destination all along. A big tree. The group seemed to be fascinated by such a thing, she was confused as to why awe was the prevailing emotion amongst her fellow travelers.

Aya, the cat-eared one with a proper blade, pushed onward towards the tree without question, Zolgen keeping some distance behind her, and the other cat-eared one, Amelia, daring somebody to race her. The Morrigan quickly strode past her, purpose in her steps, directly for Zolgen.

"Zolgen." She said without any fanfare, making a point to step in time with him, just within the reach of his goblins. "You are not human, and neither am I, so I feel you are the best candidate for my next question." She spoke without waiting for his response. "Why are humans so selfish? Zohar seeks to imprint his disgusting humanity onto me with all the selfishness and pride of his people, and I find that I hate that feeling. I find that I hate him. You are not human, yet you seem to be the arbiter of order in this temporary band of adventurers." She stepped closer still, heedless of the goblins or his personal space. "I seek to understand, but I cannot understand while plagued with these emotions. Dispel them for me with your words, and inform me why I should not slide the kneecaps of Zohar of the City out of place, please. I will do my very best to understand." There was a hint of emotion in her voice. Anger, clearly, then earnestness.

"I simply seek to understand and study them for my singular purpose, and yet I am met with selfishness and reference to one's origin. If my Mother were to be here, she would surely rend nearly all the living creatures here into their constituent organs, but isn't that information irrelevant?" She pouted, then sighed. "Humans are tiring."

Interactions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Mentions: EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon RavenSong RavenSong

Todd
Interacts with: saxon saxon TheTimePiece TheTimePiece archur archur
Mentions: EMIYAman EMIYAman RavenSong RavenSong

Despite himself, Todd couldn’t help but shoot Aya a concerned frown when she asked him to stand down. But, he nodded at the same. Far be it for him to fight Aya’s battles for her, she didn’t really need the assist. But still, he couldn’t help but feel concerned for someone he considered a friend! Especially since it seemed like, for at least a moment, the demon seemed to be actually considering the ghost’s proposal. Todd figured, if push came to shove, he could handle the ghost himself, or at least keep it occupied until Aya had dealt with the demon…

Thankfully though, it ultimately didn’t come to that! Zolgen, at least for the moment, seemed more interested in a ‘going along to get along’ strategy. Demons really were fickle things. Who knew when the monster’s mood would shift. The Kushtaka figured it was probably best to treat him with kids’ gloves, all the same. One other thing he did know, though, was that there was no way in hell the Kushtaka would be providing Zolgen with a road map to his village!

“Oh, up north,” Todd answered, vaguely. Kushtaka fishing villages were an uncommon but not exceedingly rare sight along the major lakes and rivers of the northern Beast Republic, and even dotted the coastline. Their communities tended to be fairly insular, but every so often you’d get a wanderer – like Todd himself!

In any case, it seemed like the main body of the group – Aya, Zolgen and his goblins, Amelia, and The Morrigan – were all making their way towards the big fae tree. That meant that was where Todd was going too, and, as he followed along, he was near enough to Zolgen and The Morrigan to overhear her confiding in him and oh no. Zohar had really messed up The Morrigan’s opinion of humans already! Sure, the angel-like creature was already intending to help genocide them, but only because her mother willed it and she was loyal to said mother. Now she was starting to hate humans herself, which was going to make convincing her not to go that road even harder! And now she was asking the demon for advice!

“Hey, uh, I hope you two’ll pardon my interruption,” he said, picking up his pace a little until he was side by side with the angel and the demon. “I wouldn’t mind Zohar too much. Back home, the Doc had a word for people like him: ‘Shit-Stirrers’, if you’ll excuse the course language. There’s at least a few people like that in every town, but most people aren’t like that; they’re real nice, if ya give ‘em the chance!”

He gave The Morrigan his best convincing smile. Somewhere in the back of his mind, a small part of him found it deeply amusing that he was trying to play shoulder angel to a literal angel. Was the shoulder demon Zolgen or Zohar in this situation? The Kushtaka guessed only time would tell.

Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX EMIYAman EMIYAman Weazel Weazel saxon saxon
OOC: dslix skip 1. emiyaman skip 1.
Time: ???pm
Weather: comfortably cool with mostly overcast skies in twilight and mist
Cooldown:
TLDR: The group arrives at the base of the massive tree and are told what they must do to leave the forest and are made aware of an important decision they must make.
Post Listening

Soulbound Forest Clearing and Tree

1696902698793-png.1118555

At the center of the vast clearing in the forest stands the heart of the forest: an enormous, majestic tree. It appears ageless, with roots deep and widespread, its bark adorned with curious symbols and glyphs, some seemingly etched by nature, others by hands long gone. The tree's sprawling branches stretch out, each tipped with leaves that shimmer with a phosphorescent glow, casting an otherworldly light over the expanse.

Around the periphery of the clearing, the remnants of ancient ruins poke out from beneath thick moss and ferns. The remnants whisper tales of civilizations that once thrived and then vanished, leaving behind only these stone testimonies. The air here feels different, charged with an expectant energy. Every so often, a gentle rustling carries the soft laughter or whispered conversation of the elusive forest denizens.

Amidst the lush grass and scattered blooms, countless pixies and wisps flutter. Their ethereal forms shine with a soft, radiant light, illuminating their delicate wings as they flit and dance, leaving trails of sparkling stardust in their wake. They murmur in a language that sounds like the tinkling of tiny bells, their intentions unclear, their presence undeniable.

In time the band of travellers, under the looming presence of the Heart of the Forest, was soon met with the sudden appearance of a Lumina Deer, its antlers gleaming ethereally, casting prismatic lights around the clearing. The serene creature approached the colossal tree and, bowing its head, beckoned them closer.

As they neared, the runes on the tree began to pulsate with an inner light, the rhythm of which matched the steady heartbeat of the forest around them. The voice of the forest, an amalgamation of countless whispers, softly addressed them.

"Lost souls, seekers of destiny and fate," the forest began, its voice a mournful song, "to leave the embrace of the Soulbound Forest, a journey of heart and soul awaits."

"To free yourselves, you must first understand the bind that holds you,"
the voice continued. "Four challenges lie ahead. Meet them with courage, and find your way back to the Heart. Only then can the true path reveal itself."

The Lumina Deer stepped forward, its luminescent eyes locking onto each traveller in turn. "First, you must travel to the Spectral Falls. There, the cascade shall reveal glimpses of what binds your heart, your past, your fate."

"Next, the Whispering Willows, you must journey,"
the deer continued. "Their rustling leaves will share memories, lost lore, and secrets that you seek."

The forest's voice grew somber. "Not all memories are kind, and not all lore is helpful. Beware what you hear. Next, to the Elysium Meadows. Speak to the spirits that linger there, for they will offer counsel or perhaps, present more riddles."
"The Ruins of Aether hold the last obstacle and the solid proofs of times gone, present, and coming again."

The Lumina Deer hesitated, its gaze lingering. "Once the challenges are met, one among you must decide to stay, bound to the forest, for the rest to find their way out."

Not everyone would leave the forest. The choice would inevitably pit them against each other unless one and only one chose to remain of their own volition.

The deer continued, "The one who stays will gain the power and wisdom of the forest but will forever remain its guardian."

A heavy silence settled upon the group. The tasks were laid out, and the weight of their decisions loomed large. The forest watched and waited, the golden mist swirling around the peripheries of their thoughts and the trees, as the journey to free their souls began.

1697338300603.png

pawspite-2023012023-05444wm.jpg

Amelia, a bit eager to see the tree better up close would notice varying details as she approached, mostly the runes and the immense amount of fairy like creatures. "This is.. unlike any forest I've ever seen before!" She exclaimed with astonishment, however, as she walked she tripped on a piece of stone ruin that spiked out of the ground. The cat, nimble on her feet quickly regained balance out if sheer instinct. Examining the stone further didn't yield anything of significant detail, she simply lacked the experience in such things. She would only decipher the obvious, "huh.. looks like pieces of some sort of city?" She wondered outloud, yet the thought of a city completely overcame her mind. Was it a luxurious place? Did it get conquered by a more powerful country, perhaps they'd taken the treasure?

All wanderings of a neko who desperately wanted what was stolen from her at birth.

It was then that a magnetic creature appeared before her, it was impossible to tell it's origins, but she became overwhelmed with a feeling she couldn't quite pinpoint. She wanted to ask it who it was but the growing symphony of whispers overcame the thought as the spirit spoke.

She crossed her arms when it spoke of how to leave the forest. Was she, trapped? Then the prospect of adventure overcame her sense of safety. "Great! I'm up for the challenge." She nodded with determination, however her expression quickly changed when told that one of them was to remain as guardian. "What?" She gasped then looked at the others, "Surely not me, I have an entire life ahead of me. Although.." she wondered for a bit. "I suppose being the guardian of a forest would yield a degree of.. status? Right?"

The neko shrugged at everyone, "No matter? Let's get past these trials first, then we'll figure it out?"

Aya F Grade.png
Aya

A Grade Character

Titles: Kitsune, Order Initiate, Defender of Sootspire, Ryke Noble Associate F, Friend of Sol Faith, Hero of Nan Gau, Known to Clan Yamimoto

mentions: Weazel Weazel EMIYAman EMIYAman TheTimePiece TheTimePiece maeeeeee maeeeeee Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX Novama Novama

TLDR: Aya is disappointed in Zohars fighting style and gets annoyed before making an open threat and trying to calm Todd down and moves toward the tree.

Aya without looking over at Todd spoke, "Wisdom is knowing when to fight and when to hold back. We are in an unfamiliar land and would be foolish for us to waste more energy than we need to until we know more about this place." With that Aya pressed on with the rest of the group after giving Ameilia a concerned look as she started shouting at the shadows to which she didn't know how much that would do. As the tree grew closer and closer Aya stopped when the creature appeared before the tree and the voice rang out.

Aya absorbed the words that the creature was speaking, though these trials seemed to be the only way for them all to return home. As the riddles and directions were spoken Aya folded her arms across her chest and closed her eyes as she tried to put the pieces together. So we have to go to four places in these woods and these challenges will be testing a bunch of things by the sounds of it. Though the Whispering Willows sound like that is going to be a major pain, I wonder if we will all see the same thing or if its will be a single vision. Though I suppose we could all see everyone's if that's how it works. She pondered it for a few more minutes before letting the idea drop though she had to admit that one did sound like the most dangerous one.

Turning to Amelia as she spoke up now eager for the challenge,
"Rushing ahead only be a danger slow and steady wins the race. But I do agree with you the creature seemed to be very strong and not something I would like to cross swords with. But I suppose we will find out once we complete these trials maybe there will be some more information we could find but the real question is what direction do we go," Aya concluded as she looked around to see if there was any hint or clue or sound she could pick up.

Screenshot 2023-09-16 130431.pngThe lab coat wearing Zohar considered the company he was keeping. Each had shown themselves to be rather unique individuals, and even unique existences entirely. Though he also fell into that category. They were filled with desires, expectations and values. And with a bemused expression he found he was endearing himself to very few of them. Acting as he was many of them had found some reason to take issue with him. Whether it was perceived slights, or mere feelings of mistrust that seem to spring from instinct deep within.

Perhaps they didn't care or didn't know, but Zohar heard them. Their opinions on him were clear and scathing. Aya had taken offense to his presence standing over her, likely in response to her new form leading to feelings of insecurity. Then she had felt slighted by his attempt at practicing the sword. He could admit it was a poor showing, likely an insult to any learned swordsman. His excitement at his newly found power had made him eager to try. Then Todd who had been wary of him from the beginning took offense at his speech. Seeking to silence him lest Zohar run tensions any higher. Zohar was actually unsure about The Morrigan but it was easy enough to tell the juvenile endbringer had pulled back in their last conversation. Logical or not her ignorance of human interaction was certainly showing. In fact she may have misunderstood his point entirely, but as she had not made her misgivings known he could not rectify that. Fittingly enough it showed her lack of experience, young as she was. Perhaps he should have spoken more plainly? Either way, whats done is done. Zohar didn't particularly mind this outcome. Others were still neutral to him or even amicable. He wouldn't rush to his own defense or try to explain himself, seeking rapport. So long as his main goal remained uncontested... Zohar smiled.

He and the others stood before a great tree. The bright clearing was a far cry from the depths of the forest they had came from. The balls of light that fluttered through the air were of interest to Zohar. He had taken his new surroundings in stride filling all the strange occurrences and creatures as some dimensional phenomenon used by a Corporation. But something like this seemed beyond that. Was he truly just trapped within the power of some Wing of the City? Or was he in another place entirely. Something he had not allowed himself to think before.

A luminescent ethereal deer had appeared before then, beckoning them closer to the great runic tree. The scene couldn't help but evoke distant memories in Zohar of fairytales and bedtime stories. As the tree glowed a conglomerate voice spoke to them. A cacophony of whispers and voices united but separate. And soon after the deer itself spoke to them. It was a strange experience, yet Zohar listened to their words. While he may come off as uncaring he wanted out of this forest just as much as anyone else, if not more. He couldn't fulfill his dream here. Though the "power and wisdom of the forest" was an interesting offer, but he had the Light. Meager as it was now it would deliver him one day. The trials were laid out to them and soon after Zohar spoke up turning to Amelia but still speaking enough to be heard by others.

"Consider the choice for the Forests 'Gaurdian' later. There is no point dwelling on something which would only divide you. You cannot be sure that is the only option, there may yet be a way for all of you to escape."

Zohar tried to assuage any stirrings of malcontent over the idea of one being forced to stay. He did not mind if he himself was the object of dislike, but that feeling should not project out into the group as a whole. Lest none of them make it out of here. As Aya spoke her question of where they would go next Zohar answered.

"Based off the description, I may have encountered the 'Spectral Falls' earlier. There was a pool and waterfall I saw just before our meeting. The water showed me what I believe to be other worlds."

Zohar explained his previous experience clinically. Offering their first lead on the location of a Trial.

Zolgen
1196110200.png

EMIYAman EMIYAman Novama Novama Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RavenSong RavenSong DSLIX DSLIX Weazel Weazel archur archur

TLDR: Zolgen chuckles at Amelia's observation about the tension in the group, acknowledge's Todd's answer, says it's okay to Todd for interjecting, responds to the Morrigan, somewhat agrees with Aya's statement to the Morrigan and company. Thinks about how becoming the guardian could get the power he wants, but also is a risk of getting stuck in the forest forever, outwardly agrees to what Zohar has to say about the spectrl falls and is ready to follow him to attempt the challenge along with anyone else who will come.

Zolgen chuckled a bit at Amelia's observation. Friction could be entertaining but wouldn't be very good for getting them all out in one piece. That was a constant struggle here, balancing what would be more entertaining against his chance of survival.

"Up north I see...I'm familiar with the North, but perhaps not the section of the north you're from." Zolgen now knew that Todd wasn't as foolish as to reveal where he lived. That would certainly be for the better, but it also meant Zolgen couldn't give one of his follow up lines which would have been oh so fun to say. Zolgen couldn't say he had been expecting The Morrigan to come up to him either and ask his advice, now this was rather amusing, that he was talking with non-monsters like this for so long, it had been a long time since he'd done anything like this.

Perhaps the benefit of being Isekaied, even though he was a monster he kept his wits about him from his past life and knew how to act pretty human if he wanted too. It was pretty bold for her to come right up to him like this, thankfully the goblins didn't attack her since Zolgen didn't give the words. Before he could really give her a proper answer, Todd seemed pretty intent on getting involved in the conversation, clearly trying to persuade this interesting being away from slaughtering humans.

"Not a problem..." He responded to Todd who interjected before he answered The Morrigan, with a bit of a chuckle once more. A simple way for Zolgen to put things would have been saying that he saw humans as a possible source of entertainment, particularly powerful ones, but also for him a source of food.. But he wasn't keen on revealing his hand just like that now, now when he had the party tolerating him. So instead he'd spin like this,

"Well, first, Morrigan, your mother sounds like a delightful woman.." He'd say light heartedly, before continuing

"I would say that if you wish to actualize the grand scheme of things..sometimes you need to compromise, as much as I enjoy a good fight myself, there may be long term strategic benefit in sparing, even those who you deem undesirable, in the short term, to increase your chances of meeting your goals in the long term. Similar to what Aya has said I suppose..." Zolgen decided to use the term fight instead of slaughter just to keep up his current face. Of course he wasn't going to dissuade her from her goal if it might eventually result in her killing some humans in this world since that would only help monster kind.
---
By the time the group was at the tree, while he was curious about Amelia's apparent interest, Zolgen honed in on the situation at hand. He was on standby ready to lash out if need be, but listened just the same to what these Fae apparently had to tell them. Always so long and descriptive these sort felt. So there were clues to consider..and four challenges. All Zolgen could really hope that at least some of those challenged involved violence, since that he could get behind..but if it was solving strange puzzles or feats of great intellect, he wasn't too sure if he'd fare as well as some on those..but from the sound of things they could work together.

The more compelling matter to him was that it said one of them would need to stay behind and become the forest's guardian. However..the word power struck out to Zolgen, wisdom of the forest...perhaps that meant magic..just because one was bound to the forest, would that mean they would be stuck there forever? Maybe if he became the guardian he'd gain some of the power he so wanted, while also growing stronger as time went on until even the forest would be unable to properly bind him any longer and then he could unleash a great slaughter upon those who he deemed removing..but that was only theoretical, it was probably safer for him to get out of there. Thankfully he doubted any of the group would dare suggest he take the spot, lest they risk a fight.

He then listened to what everyone had to say who had spoken so far on the matter when all was said and done, before he spoke out:

"I believe that checking out these spectral falls Zohar speak of, is worth while, he seems to know where they may be and it's as good a start as any." Zolgen spoke his piece on the matter, ready to move on with Zohar toward them and whoever else might be coming as well at that point, as were his goblins.

The Morrigan

tl;dr: Morrigan tidies her mental list of what she would like to do, then appreciates Todd trying to soothe her feelings. She then acknowledges Zolgen's words on "sparing" people and lets another character set things up.​

The deer-stag-creature-thing addressed them, and The Morrigan made a mental list of what she planned to do:
  1. Stare into the cascading waters of the Spectral Falls. Do not drink the water.
  2. Listen to the leaves of the Strange Trees Whispering Willows. Find a way to save a few leaves for further study at a later date.
  3. Speak to non-corporeal entities of the plains. Distinguish the origin of spirits for further study. Gather ectoplasm if it is detected.
  4. Attempt to decipher what the "Ruins of Aether" will present. The entity was non-specific with the goal. Mental note to Mother to ensure the eradication of double-talking creatures, as they are non-compatible with endbringer entities.
  5. Find drinkable water and safe-to-eat food. Hunger and thirst will become a fatal problem in approximately 66 hours. Ensure form is sustainable at all costs.
  6. Do not become the guardian.
The angel nodded to herself as she mentally categorized her thoughts, retracing her steps in her head to calculate the number of steps it would take for her to get to the Spectral Falls, a place they had just been at not so long ago. Her mind was so focused that she hadn't noticed the mustelid creature, Todd, making his presence known to her once more.

He mentioned a word that meant little to her. Shit-stirrer. The mental image she concocted for herself involved a form of cooking, with fecal matter as the batter. Perhaps he meant schist, the stone? Why would Zohar stir schist? Todd was certainly the odd one, but she could tell from his tone and apparent flexing of his facial muscles that he was attempting to soothe her emotions. Why was he doing that? What did he gain from soothing her emotions? She cocked her head and stared at him, unblinkingly, attempting to figure out his motivation for the action.

Perhaps, he was attempting to make her acquaintance. She cocked her head the other way. Perhaps, he wanted something from her. Her brow furrowed as she straightened. There was nothing she could give him. Her brow relaxed. He is doing this for diplomatic reasons. He had made her mood his priority without her asking. She attempted a smile, but the muscles were unfamiliar with the motion, so she stopped herself and bowed her head at him, slowly, eyes blinking slowly like a feline.

"Your words soothe me for now, Todd. I am sure Zohar would be a terrible chef anyway if he stirs schist into his batters. The texture alone must make his pastries unfit for eating, in addition to his terrible attitude and selfish human nature." She said matter-of-factly. Again, she suppressed an urge to scratch the top of his head, reaching out with her hand, only to pull it back to her chest.

Step one, traverse to the cascading waters of the Spectral Falls.

The goblins were anxious around her, wary, but as The Morrigan's head began to turn on a swivel to locate the first destination on her list, Zolgen had begun to speak, but the Morrigan felt the need to correct him. "My Mother is not a woman. She is an Endbringer, the oldest and wisest. No mere woman could end the world like she can."

Zolgen spoke of sparing humans for the completion of long-term goals, which was something The Morrigan understood entirely. She didn't like it, as she wanted nothing more than to destroy those who she felt had wronged her, but she spoke nothing of it overtly. "I suppose the concept of sparing perceived enemies can be trusted from a warrior such as yourself, or..." She mouthed the individual sounds out. "Aye-ah" There was a pause as she evaluated the noise she made, and assumed that it must be the correct way of pronouncing the word.

It seemed the group as a whole was ready to head to the spectral falls. She patiently waited for somebody else to lead, as she would ensure her presence would be less noticeable if she were to stand from the back.

Interacts with: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Weazel Weazel
Mentions: EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon

Last edited:
Todd
Interacts with: archur archur saxon saxon
Mentions: RavenSong RavenSong EMIYAman EMIYAman TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Okay, well, by the sound of it, they had quite the task ahead of them. And, unfortunately, it seemed to progress, Todd was going to have to do what he’d been avoiding doing all this time – he was going to have to pay attention to the various ways the forest was trying to lead him astray. The waterfalls, the whispering trees, the spirits, and some ruins all had to be payed a visit. And then, at the end, one of them would have to remain bound in the forest. That person would not be him, Todd decided right then and there. And he would do his best to ensure it wasn’t Aya either. Even though she kind of seemed a bit of disappointed in him right now.

“Ain’t trying to get into a fight,” Todd protested to Aya, “But if one starts, I’ll watch your back.”

One by one, the other said their piece. First Amelia, then Aya, then Zohar. It did seem like their first destination would be back where they started, the waterfalls with their taunting windows into other worlds. At least that meant they knew where to begin. Zolgen…

Well, to be honest, Todd wasn’t sure how to take Zolgen’s answer to The Morrigan. On one hand, encouraging her not to kill at least some of the time was nice. On the other, his judging of other lives based on how useful they could be seemed unfortunately typical of a demon. Well, if that was how Zolgen thought, maybe that meant that, as long as they were all trapped in this forest, they could trust the demon not to go murder happy. At least the demon didn’t get angry about Todd’s more or less refusal to give a straight answer to his own question. He claimed unfamiliarity with the location. The Kushtaka wasn’t sure if that was an attempt to fish for more information, and so he decided it was best not to take the potential bait. His answer there would stand as it was.

As for The Morrigan, it honestly seemed like his words had confused her somehow. Which wasn’t a good start. And then she opened her mouth and removed all doubt. Maybe he should’ve picked a less crass idiom?

“Oh, no, uh. That’s a figure of speech, it’s not literal,” he chuckled, nervously, “I mean he likes to rile people up, make ‘em angry so they do something dumb for his own amusement. He just likes being rude, basically!”

Well, at least the angel seemed in better spirits? Though it seemed to the Kushtaka that ultimately the demon had had the more persuasive argument this time around. Which, was not good! But, it was like they said, Rome wasn’t built in a day! … Wait, where had he heard that before? Who was they and where was Rome?

Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong archur archur DSLIX DSLIX EMIYAman EMIYAman Weazel Weazel saxon saxon
OOC: dslix skip 2. emiyaman skip 1.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Deer creature is gone. Nothing else happens.
Post Listening

While the party pondered and continued to discuss their intentions, the deer that seemed to relay the words of the forest was gone. In the absence of the deer, the runes on the great tree throbbed and a light breeze swept over the golden field of flowers that surrounded the great tree. Spirits danced and mingled among the plants, as well as in the air. In contrast, the deep gloom of the trees that densely huddled together around the field of flowers was ominous to consider. Similarly, the ruins to the side of the clearing appeared more treacherous now despite nothing materially changing about them.

Amelia, being a bit taken a back by everything seemed to only be pulled in one direction. Which was rather disturbing to the neko as she generally felt rather, well, free to do as she wished all the time. It was a foreign feeling one that made her increasingly uneasy. Yet, it didn't seem like she had a choice no matter what, so going against feelings of uncertainty took every last bit of courage to continue.

Glancing a bit at Zohar she began after his own analysis. "Yeah, makes sense, I don't like the idea of being stuck somewhere even if it's as.. well.. pretty as this forest." She shrugged and started towards where her heart seemed to take her which was towards the ruins.

Looking back at the others, "Hey, look, I know this is sort of a weird thing for all of us, but something tells me we should try to band together to get past this.. trail." She was rather nervous and she rarely ever took a leadership position, but in her mind, nobles were great leaders in their own right. Having all the luxurious things of the world also meant one risked much, even if it was political gain or what have you.

Stepping forward, she readied herself and brought forth all of her senses as Amelia made her way to the challenge.

Zolgen
1196110200.png
Zolgen was satisfied with how his conversation had gone with the Morrigan for the time being. "Endbringerer huh? You think I could meet her someday? After all if you came to this world then perhaps there are ways for us to enter into others..She sounds like someone who I could learn a thing or two from." Zolgen replied chuckling a bit darkly, in common.

Todd once again showed that he was being strategic, which Zolgen could respect well enough. He understood that many others in the group followed the sentiment that they didn't really want him or the Morrigan to just start killing people at a flip of a hat.

"Yes in a world that doesn't very much want you to reach your goals or perhaps exist in my case, I find it can be a pretty useful skill.." Zolgen responded to the Morrigan.

Zolgen took note that the deer had disappeared and felt the breeze as he headed with the rest of the group curious as to what was going to transpire now that a bulk of them were headed on the same path to the falls. He just hoped that Zohar knew what was he was talking about.

The goblins were on the lookout as they were on their way, Zolgen paid close attention too unsure about the forest's possibility to shift. He gave a nod toward Amelia. "Neither do I, I think many of us have aspirations which we want to fulfill which go far beyond these strange woods.." And upon hearing her mention the ruins, Zolgen looked to them curiously, getting ready to grip his blades as the environment started to look more dangerous for some reason...well the demon had followed Shuten on the basis of him hearing voices into much more dangerous looking places...so following Amelia wouldn't be much different than that..

"Hm...your feelings..intrigue me, and this trail suddenly looks a bit more..interesting I think I'll support you in this endeavor maybe something of interest lies beyond." Zolgen replied, drawing his large demonic cleaver like blades out, so he'd be ready to jump into action if need be, as he got ready to support her in moving forward there.

Todd
Mentions: RavenSong RavenSong TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

People were getting a move on. Which meant he’d better get a move on, too. Amelia was headed towards the ruins, and it seemed like Zolgen was following her. But, that wasn’t right, was it? The fae deer had said there was an order that they had to visit these locations in. First, they had to return to the falls. Second was the whispering trees, then third to the meadow full of spirits, and then, finally, to the ruins. Todd opened his mouth, and reached out a paw, about to say something…

But then he didn’t. If one of them had to remain, Zolgen or The Morrigan would be the best options for the sake of the rest of the world. So, if that were to be the case, wouldn’t it be for the best if he allowed the demon to self-sabotage, even if it risked taking Amelia down too? Thinking like that made him feel gross. But he couldn’t stop himself from setting his jaw and dropping his paw, doing nothing to stop the two of them as they wandered off in ostensibly the wrong direction.

Instead, the Kushtaka turned on his heel and started making his way back, in the direction of the Spectral Falls. Hopefully others would follow him, but, he supposed, they each had to make their own decisions.

OOC: dslix skip 3. emiyaman skip 2. shadowfall skip 1. saxon skip 1.
Cooldown:
TLDR: a couple go to the ruins. one ventures back into the thick trees of the wood. all searching to find what they need to escape the forest.
Post Listening

The sun seemed caught, eternally hanging in the verge of setting, casting a permanent golden hue on the Elysium Meadows. A vast carpet of flowers stretched infinitely, each petal gleaming as if kissed by Midas himself. Every time the gentle wind whispered through them, the flowers responded with a shimmering dance, creating a cascade of golden ripples, ephemeral and enchanting. The meadow's scent was intoxicating, the very breath of ancient gods and forgotten times.

But it was the Ruins of Aether that dominated the horizon. They stood defiantly at the edge of the meadows, a testament to time's paradoxical nature. Their bases were of ancient stone, weathered and covered in cryptic symbols of a language lost to the winds of time. These massive foundations seemed as old as the world itself. Rising from them were sleek, metallic structures of unknown alloys, reflecting the golden glow of the meadow while emitting a soft, otherworldly hum. At the top, amidst the intricate blend of old and new, were symbols made of holographic displays, shimmering and pulsating in the air, as if beckoning the brave or the foolish. A silken, glowing ribbon of light spiraled from the heart of the ruins upwards, creating a path that seemed both inviting and ominous.

There was an air of promise and peril, an unspoken understanding that the ruins held secrets, but they weren’t to be given lightly. From the heart of the ruins, a melodious sound, like a distant song sung by sirens, called out, its tune resonating with the very fibers of one's soul, pulling them into the challenge it presented.

Meanwhile, past the resplendent horizon of the Elysium Meadows, Todd ventured into the dark embrace of the forest of towering Warden Trees. Their trunks were gnarled and ancient, their canopies so intertwined in silver leaves that they blotted out the golden remnants of the day, plunging the forest floor into an eerie twilight. Here, in the Soul Wood, the very essence of time seemed to slow and thicken, like treacle dripping from a spoon. The air itself felt dead in comparison to the breeze of the meadow.

The path Todd traversed was interrupted by dark pools of water. Their surfaces were so still and inky that they appeared as voids in the earth, making it impossible to discern their depths. Streams, like capillaries, wove around the trees, their trickling water whispering tales of the ancient forest, leading inevitably to the distant Spectral Falls. Every so often, the melancholic hoot of an owl or the distant cry of an unseen creature pierced the quiet, emphasizing the forest's vastness and the smallness of any who dared tread within.

The gloom was deceptive, and the shadows played tricks on the eyes. Landmarks blurred into one another, and paths that seemed straight twisted back on themselves. Without wit, without a keen sense of the world around him, Todd would become just another whisper in the dark annals of the Soul Wood. The only constant thing was the whispers of souls and the flow of water.

Inked__ayin_project_moon_and_1_more_drawn_by_cl0ckfly__sample-d6f86e217a54231dd4c15b91d6be5962.jpgWith an empty expression Zohar gazed at the group. He watched them silently, noting their expressions, appearance, and the way they each uniquely communicated. Clever, cautious, aggressive, inquisitive. Each of these words could be attributed to their natures in varying degrees. It was a simple thing all things considered. His assessment of them wasn't anything special, in fact such traits were very common. It was mere surface level psychology. But that simplicity was the very basis of consciousness it was everywhere within the world of man. The world that he was both tied to inexorably, and separated from by an infinite space. Figuratively and literally. It was something Zohar was still getting used too. For a brief moment he wondered if that women was feeling the same thing, twisted as she was.

Zohar fell into step with Todd as they made for the Spectral Falls. Others went elsewhere towards the ruins. Divide and conquer, it was a strategy Zohar could get behind. Their goals would be accomplished sooner, and the distribution of responsibility was an important aspect of any team. They were strangers and some were uniquely different from each other, but this would build trust between them.

Returning to the hulking trees that blocked out even the light they found an otherworldly scene. Just stepping into the dark forest caused a very change in the air. Compared tot he golden meadows there was a profound lack of something here. It was like they had stepped into another realm entirely despite having traveled a meager distance. Zohar stared into the dark pools that reflected no depth or ripple that could be easily discerned. The streams they were connected too weaved throughout the forest and around trees like arteries and Zohar knew from his previous experience that they likely led to the Spectral Falls. With his hands in his pockets Zohar observed the scene taking stock of their surroundings that were both familiar and utterly unknowable.

"Allow me to lead the way. I've encountered the anomalous properties of the Falls once before. I would advise against falling in carelessly we cannot be sure you will emerge, or even be in the same world after that. My constitution is suited to acting as the priority to be attacked or indisposed, meaning you will be safe to act as you will should that situation arise."

Zohar had turned his head to speak those words to Todd oddly enough not noting whether Todd should help him or not if the worst came to pass. Then he began moving ahead following along the imaginary path the streams paved to the Falls. His white and slightly golden form standing out amongst the darkness of the forest. Appearing unflappable to the potential risks.

The Morrigan

tl;dr: Morrigan is ruffled by Zolgen's comment on wanting to meet her mother and decides he isn't worth talking to anymore. She finds Todd and Zohar and goes with them to the falls, and briefly comes to the conclusion that the falls could get them out if nothing else works.​

There wasn't much in the form of response to Zolgen, aside from a glare. "If you were to enter my world and meet my mother, I am sure you would make for a good pawn, and that you would learn your place." The feeling of... superiority wasn't the right word, as she didn't personally feel superior to Zolgen, but she was baffled and infuriated that he would compare himself to her. Her interest in the demon seemed to fade quickly after that, his words finding little purchase in her consciousness. He was showing himself to be soft and full of himself, like Zohar. "To even think of being equal to her is blasphemy. My interest in you had died. Enjoy your walk, Zolgen." She stated to him curtly, turning away, her eyes scanning to find the top of Todd's furred head.

Righteousness. That's the feeling. I'm sure that's the feeling that I felt, to defend Mother like that.

Step one, stare into the waters of the Spectral Falls, and don't drink any of it. Easy enough, just have to get there. Her eyes found the back of Todd's head, and right next to him was Zohar. Her lips turned into a frown as she considered just becoming the guardian to be rid of those who she disliked, but that would be going against her Mother's wishes, and she would never seriously entertain doing that. Her strides were long as she weaved through the pools of water that had settled on the path, her eyes focused on the two as she advanced.

Don't get lost don't get lost don't get lost

The ambience of the forest was distracting. The calls of various spirits that seemed to originate from everywhere and nowhere, the cloying stagnancy of the air, the fact that the sun hadn't moved at all, her mind was alerting her that the natural order of things were deeply wrong here, but the Morrigan could not focus on that. She had to follow instruction and escape as soon as possible, and if the denizens of the forest themselves gave them a way out, she would take it.

Finally, she had caught up to the pair. She heard the end of Zohar's statement to Todd, how he would be going first in case of anything bad happening. "Hello Todd." She said, making her presence known to the both of them. "I have elected you to be the most responsible of this group of strangers that have been forced together in this scenario. I have decided to follow you until you infuriate me." She stated plainly. Her wings were held close to her body as she matched pace with Zohar and Todd.

Perhaps, if the opportunity came to it, she'd be able to see the anomalous properties of the Spectral Falls in action. Perhaps, it was a way out? It wasn't consistent to be sure, but if the trials were unattainable for whatever reason, she would at least have a backup plan.

"When we reach the falls, we should make a mental note that it could be a way out of this strange place, if all else fails."

Interacting with: EMIYAman EMIYAman Weazel Weazel
Mentioned: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Aya F Grade.png
Aya

A Grade Character

Heightened Sense E (Smell, Hearing) (14)

TLDR: Aya is disappointed and through she was free of Zohar only to have him reppear and tries to locate the origin of the water to find the falls.

Aya watched as the group seemed to branch off, to which she gave a disapproving shake of her head as Todd then went to go off by himself, though she knew they needed to do the challenges in order more than likely. But she also knew that it wasn't stated directly but she had a feeling they would build upon once another. Taking a deep breath, she turned on her heel and started to follow Todd toward the spectral falls or at least she hoped that was the case. But she was glad to be away from Zohar, the guy made the hair on her tail stand on end, and for some reason, she couldn't place her finger on it.

As the path seemed to twist upon itself, Aya stopped for a moment, "I think we need to take a moment and get our bearings." Aya called out as she paused to look around as the images blurred and seemed to backtrack on themselves. This whole place is just strange, the feeling that makes you on edge and the shadows I wonder what caused the whole thing to start. She thought to herself as she brought her hand up to her chin and closed her eyes momentarily. By that point she heard Zohar's voice to which she grinned her teeth together opening her eyes she shifted her gaze toward Zohar for only a moment before rolling her eyes.

With the thorn in her side once again in her side, she started to walk down the path once again, if you could call if that. The forest seemed to be full of tricks which brought to her mind how many had died trying to get out of here and if that was the case where were the bodies of those? So many questions that could be answered at another time. But for now she knew that she had to focus on the task at hand. Clossing her eyes once again she used her hearing to try and locate the origin of the sounds of water.

Todd
Interacts with: EMIYAman EMIYAman archur archur saxon saxon

The eternally setting sun cast long, bizarre shadows across the forest. It was bad enough out in the open meadow, but here among the ancient, gnarled trees, it gave everything an eerie quality. The air was thick, the threes constantly reworked themselves into new locations. Paths opened and closed all around him. Time seemed to stand still, the Kushtaka thought that, if he got close enough to see it, he’d find dewdrops frozen on blades of grass. He did not like it here. Once again, the Kushtaka found himself gently laying a paw on the holster of his pistol, his ears flicking this way and that to pick up each errant sound.

So, suffice to say, when The Morrigan spoke to him, he jumped, whirling around towards the sound of her voice. He was actually a little surprised to find that Aya, The Morrigan, and Zohar had come along with. Apparently they had all thought similarly to him, that the best place to start was the Spectral Falls. Seeing that made him feel a little better about his own decision. And, to be honest, he was really happy to not be alone here, even if two of his three traveling companions caused him some degree of concern.

“O-oh! Howdy, ma’am!” he said, smiling at the angel. Apparently she found him responsible – or at least the most responsible of their little group. He did take some solace in the fact that he’d not yet done anything to infuriate her. “Well, ya flatter me. And I do apologize in advance if anything I say does end up, er…”

How was he going to finish that statement? She hadn’t gotten his last idiom. ‘Rub her the wrong way?’ No. ‘Ruffle her feathers?’ Thematically appropriate, but maybe not. ‘Tick her off?’ Too informal, maybe?

“… Infuriating you,” he finished, instead, deciding simplest might just be best.

And, well, though it did cause him some degree of frustration, he did have to agree with the logic of Zohar’s statement. The man had been staring into the falls when they’d all met originally. If he wanted to take the lead in getting back to that place, by all means. Todd gestured the man on, then, noticing Aya’s clear disdain in the ghost’s presence, he shot her a sympathetic grin.

“Best we all stick together, dunno if we’ll be able to link up again if anyone gets separated,” he said, gesturing onward. Zohar was already on the move, after all. As they all fell into step together, the Kushtaka mulled over what the angel said, about the falls being a potential way out of the forest if all else failed. He nodded, there was definitely potential there, though it brought along serious risk alongside it. He opened his mouth to say something, but, noticing Aya was clearly trying to focus, elected to hold off on further conversation as not to distract her.

Zolgen
1196110200.png
Interactions: Novama Novama archur archur RavenSong RavenSong

Zolgen all things was still ready to back up Amelia seeing that the others were doing their own thing. Regardless of what happened Zolgen was pretty confident that he could figure things out. Even if he was the last one stuck in this forest as a guardian, he'd still have options no doubt, that's at least what he reassured to himself mentally.

Upon hearing the Morrigan's response to what Zolgen said in a light hearted way, caused him to let out a chuckle. "Now I wouldn't go that far, I just thought someone who held the prestigious distinction of an Endbringer might have great wisdom to share, but I believe you've given me some additional clarity, so I thank you for that."

He tilted his head a bit back toward The Morrigan while she was presumably on her way.

"With that said, I like to think I've been rather charitable to an offworlder, if anything heed this, should you leave this place, I'd be careful about to who you share those kinds of thoughts with, I'd also, suggest watching your back." Zolgen's warm somewhat perhaps disturbingly so tone shifted toward a more serious one toward the end before he let out another chuckle.

That was a real shame, it sounded like she had so much potential but with a zealous attitude like that, the Morrigan was sounding more like a liability than an ally against humanity at the moment, so for now, he'd have to consider them as just another non monster to be wary of since she had made it clear he was 'no longer of interest'.

He then turned to Amelia, "Well that was a bit unfortunate, guess she didn't appreciate my sense humor Oh well, I do hope that you don't mind being my companion for getting through this then." Zolgen said, before he looked onward to the Ruins of Aether as he presumably got closer with her, the ancient sort, and cryptic symbols intriguing if because he thought there might be potential for power behind what laid there. ANd what were those structures? They looked unlike anything he had seen in this world or another if it was a powerful metal he wondered if there was anyway to harvest it and create better tools for carrying out his 'art'.

"Well then Amelia..what do you say, should we follow that strange ray of light? It looks too intentional to just be naturally occurring. I can't say I've quite seen anything like what's above..but perhaps it'll hold our key to getting out of this realm." He spoke rationally. He awaited her response. The goblins just looked like they were on guard duty still, not really having reacted to that prior conversation, following Zolgen around.

"I will say like the other areas especially if this is some kind of trial, in a realm like this it can be difficult to tell what's reality and just some fae's idea of a joke..so we should use special discretion with our actions"

Seeing their short lived fellowship fall apart made the nekos ears droop a bit. "Hey! W-where are you all going?!" She called out, but something, inexplicably pulled at her towards the ruins. She huffed, letting out her stress and self doubt, activating her gauntlets as the Magi-Tech claws hummed to life. Zolgen seemed to have his own falling out with the majority. Then, when the demon inquired she looked over into his animal skull features which always seemed to state the same expression, "Feelings? Hm. I guess it kind of is a feeling." Then looking forward she nodded at his agreement to follow her, "Thanks. It seems like it's just you and me." Taking a step forward, "I haven't been scared before, and neither will I start feeling scared now."

As she walked, it appeared Zolgen followed as well, making his own inquiries her eyes followed his descriptions, "Right, that ray of light would make the most sense. Although I can't shake this feeling that something is going to happen. I don't know what it is. It's like I'm about to fight my best friend to the death." Amelia shook her head, obviously disturbed by the paradoxical emotions but she maintained her composure as she went forward. Yet the demon clarified the trickery of the fae and it was a bit easier to deal with, "Right, let's just hope they really are just.. joking." She chuckled a bit, "Alright, let's do this "

Tupu Maa
7[4].jpg
Mentions: Novama Novama TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong saxon saxon archur archur EMIYAman EMIYAman

Tupu was somewhat astonished at the discovery of the vast opening with the great tree especially interested in the small fae that twinkled at them with a friendly hue. He quickly became much more on edge though seeing the deer appear and relay 'The words of the forest' or whatever it said to be honest this day was only becoming a headache to digest. Tupu then has a stone cold expression hearing the cost to escape this place and he felt the eyes of his company scan and and gaze at him quickly. Tupu stared uncaringly and sharp-eyed at the whole idea of going through trials to leave this place and still having a chance not to leave this place. He sighed saying casually "Always a but to add it seems." Tupu shakes his head as the group starts to split up. They we're given an order of the trials to follow. Yet some still decided to find their own way seemingly have already formed some type of companionship. Not a common sight between demons and beast-folk. He's used to seeing many demons kill most things on sight while beast-folk are either top athletes and entertainers or just the meanest thugs you could find. He feels it's nice to see something different from what he knows so Tupu waves off the majority of the group and [Jumping F] to catch up to the two landing behind them gently. He holds his hand up for a friendly wave and says in a deep and friendly tone "Excuse me, Hope you don't mind me joining this duo as I have a thing against following orders from anything but a mouth I can trust. So lets all get the hell out of here....preferably all together in one piece."

CD:
[Jumping F] - 0 p

OOC: dslix skip 3. emiyaman skip 2. shadowfall skip 1. saxon skip 1. Solid round. Everyone posted
Cooldown:
TLDR: characters plunge into aethur ruins or arrive at the spectral falls. both groups met with their own challenges to overcome.
Post Listening

Aethur Ruins

1698556999812.png

In the heart of the Aether Ruins, a delicate dance of ancient and future played upon the senses. The walls, adorned with the intricate carvings of a civilization long forgotten, hummed with a melody that seemed to whisper secrets from another time. Amelia, Zolgen, Tupu, and the goblin minions moved cautiously, their footsteps echoing on the metallic ground, the golden light ever elusive, flickering just beyond their reach.

The air was filled with the scent of age, of time, and a subtle hint of something indefinable, perhaps the very essence of the ruins themselves. It was a scent that promised knowledge and power, but also held a tinge of danger. The walls were cool to the touch, a stark contrast to the warmth of the golden light that danced teasingly in their peripheral vision.

As the group delved deeper, the humming grew stronger, more insistent. It was as if the ruins themselves were alive, breathing, and watching their every move. They started experiencing sensations of being watched and sensing movement out of the corners of their eyes. Was that Amelia ducking into another hallway? No, Amelia was at their side. Did the shadow of Zolgen pass overhead? No, Zolgen was with them. Was it Tupu they saw passing beside them in the opposite direction on the other side of a foggy glass wall? No, Tupu had not left is spot with the group.

The labyrinthine corridors of the ruins presented a challenge, a puzzle to be solved. Each turn, each doorway, seemed to lead them in circles, the golden light always just out of reach. And then, the path split, three ways, each bathed in the elusive golden light. The humming grew louder, more demanding, as if urging them to choose.

But the ruins were selective, discerning. They would not bestow their secrets upon just anyone. And so, a choice had to be made. Only one could walk away with the reward, the knowledge and power of the Aether Ruins. The others, they would leave with nothing but the haunting melody and the memory of golden light dancing just out of reach. Which path would each choose if they would choose any at all? Left, Right, Straight.

Spectral Falls

1698557228125.png

In the fridges of the wood, the world was alive and shifting. Todd, Zohar, The Morrigan, and Aya moved carefully, guided by Aya’s heightened senses through the treacherous terrain. The trees seemed to whisper secrets, their branches swaying, changing the path before them.

The ground beneath their feet was uncertain, water pooling and streaming about their feet without warning. The forest was a living entity, and it did not seem to take kindly to intruders. But Aya, with her heightened senses, kept them moving forward, steady and sure.

And then, they arrived. The Spectral Falls, a sight to behold and a roar of water rushing from heights unseen to depths too deep. The water cascaded down, shimmering in the dim light, creating a mist that filled the air. In the droplets of fall spray, the ripples of the water at their feet, and the reflections in the pool at the base of the falls, visions appeared. A golden mist coming off the spray also reminded them of the golden fog that lingered around the edges of the wood and was visible once more.

Other worlds, other lives, played out before their eyes. Some were familiar, echoes of their own past. Others were foreign, strange, and unsettling. Some ended in pure light, a promise of hope and renewal(false). Others were consumed by flames or smothered in darkness, a reminder of the fragility(persistence) of existence.

The falls held a magic of their own, a connection to other worlds, other times. And yet, they were also a trap. For those who dared to immerse themselves in the water found themselves caught in the grasp of shadows and phantoms, reliving the ends of worlds over and over again, each splash of the water a new torment, a new end, but it was only submerged in the waters that any would see the light of the piece they sought after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back