• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: F.A.T.E

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Ark | DWMA | Library

He'd seen the message hours ago the day before, and already knew two things he already did not like about this.

The first was the location. The library. Crowded areas with lots of people in general were not areas he liked being in. Always left him tense and on his toes. It was a habit at this point more than a symptom.

He sighed. Pocketing his phone. The trip to DWMA would take him exactly twenty minutes. Taking the stairs down, he was met with the sight of service. In French he replied: "Good day Leo."

The butler smiled. "Hello sir, off for the big day I presume?" the trimmed mustached man responded back. Voice echoing in the parking hangar.

"Afraid so." And Leo laughed, prompting a minor smile from Ifechi as walked the catwalk past one of the six vehicles there, eyes turning to one empty spot where the seventh normally had been and was a favorite.

"Uncle is gone again, I presume?" noticing the empty spot.

"Mm" Leo nodded, "had a meeting to attend to at 9:30. Didn't want to be late. What with him no longer working as a Weapon he's focusing on humanitarian efforts these days and all. I know you haven't seen much of him since you returned."

"Why are you down here?" Arcel couldn't help but ask as he took a key from the key rack on the wall.

"To see you off, sir." Leo smiled warmly. "Busy as our mornings tend to be, we all wish you the best of luck on this endeavor. I know it hasn't been easy- but good luck sir."

Staring at the key as he took it, lips pressed into a thin line, and with a nod, feeling a moment of emotion and clearing his throat. The Sorcerer nodded.

"Y'know, none of the others, from the Realm I mean, have bothered to really ask about how I'm doing. Aside from what happened two days ago, they've basically written off me joining this as some kind of lack of foresight move that I'll just snap out of." He chuckled. "Kind of funny huh."

Leo smiled sadly, but said nothing in return. Except as Arcel moved to his bike, he did say one thing. "I'll be sure to let them know, as you have requested before when you do not wish to be disturbed, that you are busy."

The sorcerer could not help but smile at his caretaker. One of many, but one of the ones he liked the most. "Thank you Leo. I'll see you later." And with the roar of the engine, rev of the bike, hum of the motor, the large door slid open to an uphill ramp that led outside the estate, and past the silver guard gates. And with a turn, he was off to DWMA.

From Parking Lot K, to DWMA.

There was no point in wearing a disguise. No hoodie, no shades, nothing but a loose shirt, open to let some air in to his exposed upper body, a necklace from his grandmother given to him years ago as a gift for good luck, dark red jeans that contrasted his red and silver hair- and his gloves. The spellbook hidden away in his clothes. Transdimensional space courtesy of his father's work and the combined efforts of an old frenemy of sorts of his father's, who worked in the fashion / tailoring business ironically.

Apparently the same guy also had a son who could do magic. Small world. Maybe he'd meet him on the way to his new 'FATE'. After all, he'd been about DWMA these last few months still training- as that was all he could do to avoid getting rusty.

Yet as he walked out of the field and into campus territory- he could not help but notice the eyes.

It made him want to scratch his neck, but the damn collar made that a bit of a hassle. So he settled for ignoring the nagging itch, pocketing his gloved hands, and simply moving forward.

The benefit of being incredibly tall, with his shoes he was 6'7 now, given they added two inches, were specially designed to allow him easy comfort and maneuverability and had bits of magic work done on them to be effective of limiting any feedback he'd feel if he kicked stone or anything absurdly sturdy, it was no real pain to climb the stairs in here, as it was no different than Africa's DWMA Branch, located in Egypt. Every DWMA, it seemed, had the same first level challenge. Stairs that were designed to tire you out. With his long legs it wasn't really a matter of that, it was more how drained he'd be from having to skip steps just to do it.

Years of practice, made for a better outcome though. And either way, he didn't bother skipping steps. Arcel took his time. He was in no rush to meet the group, but at the same time was also keeping his attention on the eyes that would occasionally turn to look and stare at him as he approached or passed people, mostly younger than him, probably freshman in NOT or a bit higher.

The thought to give some encouraging words occurred to him, but he found he couldn't be bothered. He merely smiled when someone stared for too long, and then pressed on to leave them behind. By the time he'd made it to the top, several other students were approaching him, whispering and muttering excitedly.

"Seems like that's my cue to buzz." And buzz he did.

Taking long strides he quickly made his way towards the direction of the library, to meet a group he had no information on, no details on, knew no one in, and would most certainly be made to deal with any unnecessary drama that would ensue.

It was his nightmare. Probably one of their dreams.

The guilt was the only thing that made him go. The guilt and the advice of his seniors at least. If it weren't for that, he might've just taken therapy and some time off on missions. It had been an option presented to him, but it hadn't been an option he felt comfortable with. Punishment for what he had done was deserved, the so many times he allowed the Pull to take him out on a ride, had become too much. He needed to control that. He had always believed he had it under control, but experience had shown him these last several months- that he didn't have it all locked down like he had thought.

Granted, this was also the paranoia speaking. I'm not that bad, anymore he told himself, because it was true. He wasn't. The last few months, from November to January, had really helped. He didn't want to slam his large paw over someone's throat for innocently surprising him. Didn't feel his habit of reading or trying out magical concepts through tinkering as a nagging addiction anymore, and he didn't feel like letting lose spears of molded stone and chiseled earth at anyone that even gave him the inkling of coming off as aggressive. That murderous, indifference was the number one thing he was glad his time in therapy had curbed off. He had claimed better control of his anger as well, incidentally with the help of his own relatives, some intentional, most of the time not so much. And it had all ultimately paid off.

What time had not done him favors for, was the looks. The eyes. Status, fame. Lot of youth that came to DWMA sought it. It took time to build that up, time to build that network gain and benefit, unless you were from a prestigious family or had it in with people already at the top- it took effort to build up status and name.

"ARK!" His eyes flicked in the direction of one of the students rushing up in his direction. With her, another following right behind her. "ARK! W-Wait!"

"YEAH SLOW DOWN, FOOT LONG!"

Mentally, he cringed. Eyes turned as he had no choice but to slow to let them catch up. It wasn't that he didn't like the attention. It'd been nice before the incident. Now, it just left a bad taste in his mouth. Especially as eyes turned his way.

"I-- whew-- " she gasped, her partner patting her on the back as she took a stop, resting on her knees. "T-Thanks for waiting."

"Bethany" he smiled, albeit not happy she had brought some gazes his way, he wasn't displeased to see her or her Weapon. Happy to see her, not pleased that it had to be now when he was psyching himself up. "You know you can call me Arcel right? Don't need to use my stage name whenever you see me--" she floundered, cheeks reddening- with a raised finger he cut her off as he stopped his progress to shoot her a glare that made her flinch and then made her partner narrow his eyes as the shorter boy grabbed and pulled her back.

The sorcerer snorted with a nod. "Good. Glad to see you didn't take as much offense to my lecture last time. How are you?"

"Oh, um, w-we're g-good!" She beamed. "A-Are um, are you okay?"

"Tiff." the boy's voice said in warning.

She frowned, shooting her partner a disapproving look. "Jackson, stop. I'm just concerned."

"About?" Arcel cut in before the two could get at each other.

Jackson sighed. "We heard you got into a fight of some kind the other day. A few people in the Training Grounds within our class were doing some training under the tutelage of one of our instructors- y'know, NOT students have to get that extra practice before we can take the EAT entry exam. Word got around that you and some mages were fighting. Tiff was concerned, so--"

"Thanks." He meant it. The smile was wider this time. "Both of you, thanks."

For a moment Jackson didn't say much of anything. The flush to his cheeks as he looked away though. Especially not when he said: "Whatever, didn't even care anyway. Tiff was the one who wouldn't shut up about it."

And yet Bethany, a.k.a 'Tiff', said nothing but had a big, happy smile, and two rosy cheeks.

"Look, I know last time you guys asked me for some help, I was a bit harsh" he rubbed the back of his neck, shifting his collar as he did so, "when we were training and all in that mock session. I didn't mean to be so, rough- with you guys, y'know?"

The punch in the gut threw him off guard but the response that followed was actually much less biting than he had expected. "Don't sweat it dude. We getcha, you ain't bout to go easy on us just because we're NOT."

"Yeah!" Bethany beamed, and in one movement, swatted Jackson on the arm hard enough he flinched and pulled his other arm back. They both heard him say 'bitch', but Bethany's attention remained strictly on her senior. "We appreciate all the help- h-honest!" She grinned. "And so does he. Even if he has a terrible way of showing it."

It got a chuckle, but that chuckle ended when he saw the time on a distant statue. "Now I hate to be that guy, but I've got a meeting to attend-" the way her face fell with a look of nervousness made him wince internally, "we'll catch up though." He turned.

"How?"

He froze. Not really expecting the sudden coldness in Jackson's voice when he said that. The look he shot him was skeptical. Reminded him too much of the time a friend back in the UK had done the exact same thing he was doing now, just with entirely different reasons for why they were leaving. His was legit, that old buddy's had just been excuse. "How do we 'catch up' when we don't even have a way to contact you?"

He paused, glanced at the time. Was aware several people were standing around, staring- all of them either a mixture of fresh EAT agents or NOT students. When had things become this crowded.

The time, he checked- 9...something. He wasn't really late, but he was getting there. It would be such a shame honestly to get kicked out of the program before he even started. The things House members would say, already he had a few younglings from the Realm around his age range unrelated to his House, or even their class, prying and asking about what he planned on doing now that he was a big hero.

The hints at what they were really suggesting, did not escape him.

Just like he couldn't escape all these curious, wondering eyes.

He couldn't imagine what some of his cousins would think if they found out he'd missed out on a important meeting just because he had been chatting it up with students that had sought him out. Already they thought he was avoiding them because of pompousness, to have to wait for another group when this one was just a couple feet away. "Good point, here, gimme your hand." He didn't wait for her response, he just grabbed Bethany's hand, ignoring the squeak she made, and with a simple basic spell, traced his number in the air.

People fumbled for their phones out of the corner of his eye. Heard someone say: "Oh shit, this could be our chance", the lights made up of his numbers rushed into her hand, and when it made contact, his number materialized on her palm.

"That spell lasts ten minutes. Copy that number down and don't give it to anyone. Just for you two. Got it?" Stunned, they both nodded. "Throw me a hit later." And with a shift of the earth, he launched himself out of the crowd, and with another movement, rose a column to catch his fall as he descended it down back into the ground.

Walking inside, he made his way to the destination.

Checking the time, he got sight of five new text messages.

Damn.

Looks like someone had been able to snap a pic of his number after all.

Deal with it later. Get this over with now.

By the time he showed up someone else was already there. Listening to music no doubt.

Perfectly fine. He had no intent on talking to anyone really. Having some time to himself was good. His phone, when he looked at it, was still going off. Forty messages in the last five minutes.

Death- what? There was an audible sigh.

"Should have just whispered it in her ear or something. Probably wouldn't have mattered, pretty sure that one girl with the cat ears was a feline Witch. Damn." Flicking through his phone he started looking through the messages. Any one of them could've been from Bethany & Jackson. Best he could do was look through all of them.

The group hadn't even been fully formed, and already he had his work cut out for him.

Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Rand)

Interactions: N/A

Raphael Valerias1648335400858.png
March 7th, 2067
Interactions: Adrian ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Chanterelle ( Meredith Meredith ), Jarvis ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ), Koiya, Zari ( Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze )
Mentions: N/A

As a few of the fellow people here began helping Raphael, the Sorcerer had overestimated the strength of the shelf. The forewarning creaking from the pull didn't alarm him until the chain cut through it like a wire string through clay. Raphael, with a bit of panic flashing through his features, flicked his chain to regain control of it and wrap it around the sturdier vertical divide of the shelf, pulling it without much of an issue.

Finally, the shelf was upright. However, because he broke the shelf, he heard the angry footsteps of a faraway librarian lady heading towards his direction. Chuckling slightly, he waved to all those involved, even giving a jovial gestured bow to Chanterelle as she is his friend.
"May your future favors bring you all opportunities and fortunes."

With that, he lightly jogged out of the library just as his name was being called.

He left the academy's grounds afterwards.

March 9th
Interactions: Ark ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )
Mentions: Rand

As Raphael left his own apartment, he snuck into an old friend's garage and put his key in the ignition of his metal drifter, his favorite motorcycle. Blazing past cars in black and crimson red, he made it through the less than busy streets and back streets of Death City to the parking lot at Death's academy.

Putting a lock on his bike's wheel and pocketing his keys, he fixed his satchel around his shoulder as he walked towards the stairs. The text message of whoever their mentor was hadn't really bothered him. Be there at a specific time or else. Whoever did this didn't need to be so aggressive, but it was to make sure people arrive, so he was fine with that. However, as he finally made his way up the steps as he hummed a little ditty to himself, he found quite the crowd in front of him. Raising an eyebrow, he watched from the edges, overhearing the conversation between the weapon and meister pair with...

Him.

Ark.

He saw him. Saw him through a television screen nonetheless, but he's seen his name on screen. He's heard versions of his name of what he thought were his within the Guild as Witches whispered in hushed tones about him. Of what hushed tones he could decipher, it was in awe. He's seen the destruction on the telly. He knew what he was capable of.

That collar around his neck, while different to his own, made him wonder if he was here for the F.A.T.E. program.

He watched as he began to write some numbers in mid-air and he let out a chuckle as he snapped a quick photo of the phone number. While it was backwards for him, he can always invert it by eyeballing it and get it right. It wasn't hard. Earlier, they were talking about how he had accidentally hurt someone, got into a fight the other day. They were concerned for him.

Chuckling, he decided to input the numbers into his contacts, putting it in as Ark, due to having seen his name float about on the news when it happened. He didn't know why he was here, but he was sure he wasn't here because he couldn't control his magic. At least, not in the conventional way he figured most Witches and Sorcerers had issues with when it came to the Pull. He wondered if it was something else.

He watched as the man leapt away and into the building, trying to get away from the crowd.

Time to go to the library and see if he was actually who he thought he was.

As Raphael made it into the library and hustled his way to one of the study rooms, he found the same man there, checking his phone as another person - a kid by the looks of it - was on his headphones.

Thinking nothing of the kid, he hummed a little ditty to himself that he was humming earlier before he was interrupted with the crowd and stood beside the man, his back to him as he looked at him with his good eye, his ruby eye scanning his posture for any unease, his arms crossed behind his head as he leaned towards him, relaxed.

"You don't look quite chuffed. Ya'know, mate, probably a bad idea to go showin' off your phone to half the academy. It was so slow, I even managed to get a pic." He then smirked devilishly, seeing this the greatest opportunity to send him his pitch. "So, because you are a celebrity dealing with the nastiness of fame, I can help. Offer you my help just as long as I get a favor from you. Either way, you get a favor from me, even if you decline. I can make all those people stop messaging you. They won't get hurt, don't worry." He shook his head to reassure him as he cheekily smiled at him with that one eye. "Whaddaya say?"

Last edited:
1648343290506.png
Maria Mayer - Apartments - DWMA HQ Library
Awakening the morning of the 9th in a pair of pajamas, Maria decides to commit to her earlier ideas on making a doll of Dani as she called herself, assuming that was likely short for Daniella or some other form of name. Dani was not a fitting name for a girl and likely a nickname it stood to reason, that or her parents named her that in disappointment of not having a son. Those were the reasonings she came up with at least, looking at her phone it seemed today it would rain, and it was currently 7am. For now, she would have a simple breakfast, grab an umbrella and then go to research her new hopeful friend. She wanted to make a doll that suited more than the few minutes they had spoken, and the one way to do that would be to consult the archives, that or just follow and spy on her a bit... She remembered the last time she did that and the trouble she got into for it.

They said to learn about people before you gave them things, but how did you learn about them without watching and following them, or investigating them? It was perfectly sound. Either way when it came to DWMA agents there was always a bit of information on them. Be it public records, famous or infamous actions, class photos or death notices. There was always something. Always. But for now, there was the issue of breakfast.

Walking to the end of her workshop and next to her desk, Maria would walk behind a divider curtain near her desk and the sound of rustling clothing, and the prattle of water could be heard as a few minutes passed. Emerging once more in what was likely a copy or the dress from before, she even had on the various accessories and a pair of hoses. Walking away from her shower, Maria proceeds to make a light breakfast of toast, eggs and bacon with an apple. Finishing that up she grabs a suitcase from the floor, looking at the time it was currently 0730 and time to leave. Looking over her workshop, Maria departs, locking the multiple locks and heading off, a pair of boots over her feet.

Making the walk from the old city and up to the DWMA campus she makes her way to the library, just in time for the morning opening, long ago did she grow accustomed to ascending the tall stairs, she was not so weak or a bookworm alone, a body that could not keep up with the mind and a mind that did not aid the body were both equally worthless. Ascending the steps, Maria takes her time looking through the achieves, where bit by bit she did learn a bit by Dani, which the girl had made partially easy. She had stated her rank, former rank after all. Pink hair, as young as she, in these times EAT students as in any other were rare finds.

Flipping through the documents, she found a match of a newer student on the older side, all things considered, Daniella Ethalyn who was paired with her brother a Michael Ethalyn. The girl was noted to be madness afflicted, but her own time as an agent was all too brief, the reason quickly clear. Her brother was dead. Everything else soon fell apart, or the fact she had no documentation or achievements after the fact was all Maria needed to reach this conclusion. Hearing an alert on her phone, Maria pulled it out, checking the message. What luck, she was tasked to attend a meeting in this very building, oh what luck indeed.

She had plenty of time, for now her research would continue. "You poor girl, such a loss in these times.. What I wish to do, is it right or is it wrong?" Envisioning the looks of the boy, she understood such loss, from a part of her long ago and more recent, as new as today and so old that it vanished in the mists of time. "Yes.. like a set, you miss him don't you? Two plushies shall I make, one of you and one of him. Should you hate me for it, then nothing new, but such did I decide and such shall I do." Investigating the reports and taking down some notes, she would make one of her abstract puppets, of cloth and cotton, with buttons and characteristics. Getting lost in her work she dimly recalls the meeting. Looking at her DWMA issued watch, she suddenly becomes wide-eyed. Hurriedly putting away her items and shoving the books back in the proper places, she runs out of the library, suitcase and dress material in one hand and dress in the other as she did a curtsy run as silently as she could, heading for room F the time lining up exactly 0957 as she barged into the room.

"Oh dear, just in time?" Looking around the room, she did not pay attention to how many others were here but that there was at least one man here for sure, listening to some sort of music player and feet kicked up on the oak wood table as he leaned partially in a standard study chair.

What terrible manners. She thinks of him instinctively. Picking a chair for herself and passing a casual glance to others in the room, she says nothing but releases her dress and sets her suitcase down beside herself.

Interactions: Wooooo a mystery. Everyone and No one.

Last edited:
Musashi.%28Kantai.Collection%29.600.3395262.jpg
arabella.regular.webp
March 9th, 2067

Once more, darkness reigns within the skies above Death Valley, few creatures would wander the desert at this hour, let alone the city, whom ever slumbered within the darkness of night, yet, a window would show it's light, a dim glow of a small desk lamp, with light, off-white curtains slowly swaying within the night breeze. Within the room itself, the sounds of clacking could be heard, with a periodic, yet familiar "Ding!" sound coming from a metal box upon a desk, every so often, a small pause in the clacking would drown the room, before the sound of a mug being placed upon the wooden desk. This routine would follow for another hour at least, as the sun slowly rose along the horizon, by this point, the typing had stopped.

Stretching from her chair, a white-haired woman took a long stretch, her fingers interlocked over her head as her back arched, as a pair of rust red eyes set themselves upon the ceiling with an exhale, after a moment of silence, the copper toned woman rose to her feet, extending her tall frame once more, with another stretch. Then, came the morning routine, first, came her usual run at dawn, followed by a shower, add in another cup of coffee, and a small dressing montage, and Edelweiss was set for the day... Though she made sure to take her typewriter with, packing her seemingly ancient Underwood 4 Bank Portable typewriter in it's bag, along with several ink ribbons, and various other tools and supplies, if only to maintain the old machine that Edie adored.

Setting out within the bright morning, Edelweiss checked her phone of the message sent last night, the group she was to mentor was to meet within the library at ten in the morning, and to look like an agent, a test of the agents, see what they do when they believe that they aren't being watched...

Edelweiss was normally punctual, holding herself to a standard of at least fifteen minutes early, if not more. However, for the sake of appearances, Edie made sure to show up still early, but not as early as she usually did. Gracefully walking within the library, the witch adjusted her glasses slightly, glancing over each of the Agents.

The first, was Ark, or as her callous mother would call him, "Lowborn." He was one of the very small percentage of the Witch's Realm that was a Sorcerer, a male witch. The file that she had on him from both the DWMA and the Witch Order was extensive, especially with his struggles with the Pull, and the denial he has with it, added in, were the same issues Edie had, rage. There was a lot Edie had noticed when she looked at Ark, she saw a lot of herself in him, the flames of anger, built from a traumatic experience... For Edie, it was watching her friend, Emira, lose herself to the voices that plagued her own mind, in Ark's case, it was his battle with Shar, it was easy for Edie to figure out how she was going to help Ark.

Her eyes then changed focus, setting upon the crimson-haired Raphael. Another sorcerer who was afflicted with madness. From what she had recalled, his madness gave him an unending superiority complex, paired with a past history of collateral damage and sabotage, Edie had a lot to work with there. While he had begun therapy to improve his treatment of his allies, and focus on changing for the better, he still had quite the mean streak to him, and Edie was much more prepared to keep him in check if she must. As she looked him over, it was apparent he had begun chatting with Ark, whom displayed his number earlier, like a sly con-man.

Next came Maria, the Doll witch. Meticulous, friendly, yet, lacking any social skills. Oftentimes, she prioritizes her dolls over the safety of others, having grown up alone, Edie could understand the pain she had, and the connection with the dolls that Maria created. While she was in the F.A.T.E. Program, it wasn't entirely for rehabilitation, but more to help coax her from her anti-social tendencies, and get her to at least be normal-ish.

That brought Edie's eyes to the last woman, who had arrived only a few moments before she had, at this point, taken a seat a few chairs over from Rand, on the opposing side of the table, setting her bag on the table in front of her. Koiya, a girl whose form changed often, due in part to her magic. Yet, her madness, was a whole different issue, manifesting as a second conscience, especially so when those Oni masks came out to play... Of all the Agents of B-01, Edie had a feeling Koiya was going to be the agent that her and Rand would have the hardest time keeping in check, it would not have shocked Edie if she was asked to shadow Koiya, as the young witch gave off a strong feeling of what Emira had gone through, and who better than Edie to handle it?

As far as she had seen, Edelweiss knew she and Rand had their work cut out for them... What the hell was Cyrus thinking?

Mentions: Everyone.
Interactions: Does her Typewriter and the nameless Coffee Barista count?

Last edited:

Chanterelle Fuir
In the Library room F, interactions: Koiya Kyuubey Kyuubey . Mentions: Raph Merciless Medic Merciless Medic , Adrian Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul , Jarvis and Azariah in passing, all of the mage crew in passing. Interactions are Open.

There was a moment of appreciation gifted to the blue-haired kid and (maybe even) Raphael from the purple-haired girl as Chanterelle approached.

The girl was highly nervous. She jumped at Chanterelle's presence, but made haste to thank her, albiet shakily. The politeness was, as always, appreciated. "You're welcome," the witch placated smoothly, "but try not to worry too much about the shelf. I mean, it's metal."

A smile broke through her stoic lips. The witch liked her workshop? Adorable. Most people didn't like much of anything Chanterelle had to offer them [although in fairness she was learning what flowers made good gifts and which were offensive - as a general allusion]. Another apology?

"No, don't be sorry. I don't mind the loudness."

In more positive news (the most positive news since the witch had spotted Raph again, truthfully), the witch seemed quite capable of helping herself, so Chanterelle took the book and nodded at the request while reading the cover. The witch inched backwards, towards her alcove, as the purple-haired girl pushed and the blue guy tried to keep the books on the shelf (he wasn't doing a bad job, persay, but she cringed to think of what the head librarian would have said).

Jarvis took care of Azariah, from all she could tell, but she might look for a book later. As she retreated back to her shelf, Chanterelle palmed the book to the side, waiting for the purple-haired witch to claim it as she continued her work and listened to the angry staff. She was glad to avoid the conflict.

Introductions would be in order, she thought.

A few days later...
The same alcove had served as a small-scale greenhouse over the past few days. It had evolved - the stair stack closed for traffic now on both ends due (crypically) to "pollinators". Naturally, she felt some inclination to protect those insects, so she had been spending a wealth of time in the library cultivating their preferred foods. The head librarian adored catmint, she had discovered, so the proliferation of potted plants in the library had commenced. It was a hostile takeover.

The text that buzzed on her school phone took her by surprise. She figured it might be Raph; perhaps she had neglected to "add him as a contact". Room F was not far. Chanterelle replied with a double thumbs up and settled back behind the vine curtain to watch her peers enter - if they were going to. A frown set into her face as she admired her work in the interim.

She had, somehow, ran out of very tiny pots.

Chanterelle did not recognize the first man to enter the room - orange hair, muscles, all very intimidating stuff. Raphael was next: he hadn't sent the text because he wasn't looking for her. Still, this gave her more confidence. Then a blonde chick she didn't know.

Hm.

The toadstool witch checked her watch. There were a few minutes to ten yet. A red-haired girl, stacked with boxes, looked excessively famiar. Chanterelle shadowed about fifteen feet behind her into the room, assessing everyone sat at the table as she caught a slice of the room in the door. She hung in the doorway, listening to the girl. It was Koiya, right?

Nervous as always.

"Thank you," the witch spoke up from behind her, "You're very appreciated, Koiya."

It was true. Chanterelle rarely cooked ahead of time. She often ate raw vegetables when only feeding herself, didn't think about it a lot, but she could appreciate good food and gifts. The witch glanced around the room to see if she'd missed anyone. A white-haired woman had beaten her inside, somehow. She was intimidating, Chanterelle thought, but she quietly picked up the vegetarian bento box off the table (slipping it into her bag) and moved around Koiya to slip into an empty spot. She gestured for the girl to sit in the spot beside her.

Do Not Touch!

Emmett & Zelda
Crescent Moon Class | March 8th, 2067 | 1235

In the early hours of March 8th, a hastily scribbled text message lit up the communicator screens of every member of the impromptu “Team Stitches”. It detailed the day’s lesson, and beckoned all F.A.T.E agents to present themselves at Class Crescent Moon at no later than 1PM for a report on how their homework went. It also quoted some minor administrative mishaps as the reason for the late and frankly somewhat unprofessional timing of the invitation, but promised that it’d all sort itself out in the near future.

Tiny specs of frost glimmered in the raindrops that fell from Zelda’s cap as she made her way through the light patter of the skyfall. She had made sure she got everything she needed to, plus a reading book just so she wasn’t bored out of her mind. Emmett had made a lot of noise right as she nearly dozed off to sleep on his couch earlier that morning, so that was her cue to leave for her home so she could properly prepare for the day. Reminiscing on her walk, she wondered if any of the students would arrive today, given how impromptu the message for their meeting was sent out.

unknown.pngThe classroom had been difficult to book, but the pair had pulled a few favors to get it for an hour or so. After all, it was the famous homeroom of the legendary trio of Meisters - Weapon pairs who sealed the Kishin all those years ago. Frankly, Zelda had been opposed to making such a big deal out of it, but it was eventually Emmett’s diligent fanboy side that managed to convince her that they need the room for “morale”. Zelda was wondering if they needed to make some big overarching speech that should make everyone’s ambitions soar; however, knowing Emmett, they might just.

Still, Zelda found herself in the vast room alone. Emmett, after tossing and turning in his bed, eventually woke up at 1am to finish the project in his garage, then promptly fell back asleep on the living room couch after shedding a single tear about the heartless fate that had befallen MK18 at Zelda’s hands. He knew he couldn’t leave her alone with any of his beloved creations.

After arriving at the classroom a half an hour before 1PM, Zelda set down her things behind the teacher’s desk and sat in its chair, crossing her legs and pulling out a book as she waited for her students to arrive. And hopefully Emmett wasn’t too late. Again. Deciding against leaving it to fate’s will on when he’ll be arriving, she pulled out her phone and called Emmett’s phone. She wasn’t expecting him to pick up, she expected him to just sleep through everything.

A couple of rings went by before a speedy
“Aaaaaayup, what’s shakin my bacon?” met her on the other end. Zelda mentally groaned, but responded with a cool tone, a little thankful he actually picked up. “When do you plan on arriving? Hopefully you’re a little more punctual this time.” A brief pause followed the question, leading Zelda to believe Emmett held his phone out to check what time it was. A distant and quiet ”Whatever boomer." confirmed her suspicions. “Hey so actually I can’t talk because I’m hanging up.” *Click*

Sighing, Zelda set down her phone on the desk and pinched the bridge of her nose.
“I swear, I’m going to turn his ass into a pair of icicles,” she groaned before picking up her book and awaiting her students, drowning herself with the written word of a classic tale of some siblings going through a portal in a wardrobe.

Collab with Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
Mentions: Team Stitches :3
Interactions: The student's phones
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Mqueserasera Mqueserasera EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

Last edited:

Azariah Vasher.jpgAzariah "Zari" Vasher & Jarvis Briseis

The room was dark. Only faint candle light through paper panes revealed the silhouette in front of him. He was tall - or Azariah was short. In this particular scene, he barely reached the counter still. It didn't scare him though. Fear wasn't yet put into him.

"You know that, right? You are right. You don't have to concern yourself with the opinions of ants."

Zari's feet shifted awkwardly as he twiddled his thumbs and kept his eyes to the floor. He knew what was going to come next. Dad wanted an answer, and Zari knew not to lie. So that meant that dad wasn't going to like the answer, and that meant-

"Look at me in the eyes, boy."

Even if only to delay the inevitable, Zari's gaze wandered in a wide arc around the figure in front of him, stopping for a moment at every discernible detail on the walls, before finally uncomfortably settling on his father's imposing face - barely visible in the gloom.

"Crush them. Don't disappoint me."

"..."

"Say it. You're going to crush them, right?"

"I like ants-"

Azariah's eyes fluttered open. For a brief moment his cheek almost burned, before his eyes readjusted and he realized what had actually awoken him was the first of many raindrops against his window. He did not dream often, but they always involved some unfortunate scenario. Hard for it to be otherwise, given most of his memories were unfortunate in one way or another. Waking up like this didn't bother him much, more annoyed him that he didn't get a full night's sleep than anything else. His father could eat a dick, Zari could slap harder either way.

His tattooed frame was splayed out on the tile floor in just his boxers. Next to him in an excellently neat pile was a pair of shined steel-toed boots with accompanying white socks, another plain white dress shirt, and a pair of black dress pants, all ironed and ready to be worn in whatever lackadaisical way Zari chose. Slowly he sat up and wiped the sleep out of his drowsy eyes. The dulled early morning light through his window barely lit his apartment up, sending shadows over the couch that Jarvis had convinced him to invest in. They needed a place to sit and talk, he'd said, and so Zari had bought it. He'd still slept on the floor though. No point in letting himself grow soft.

There were still many hours before the meeting. Zari had plenty of time to go through his workout routine, shower, get dressed, then finally sit down on the floor with his legs folded to dig into another big plate of unseasoned chicken, brown rice, and broccoli. Naturally, a large glass of raw eggs, as well. Breakfast of champions. It filled him with all the energy he needed to fasten his slacks with a leather belt, and step out of his apartment in the light rain.

---

The black outlines of his tattoos showed through the soaked dress shirt, and his bright hair matted to his face. Droplets of water fell from his nose and hands. He'd wanted to make a gesture, show Jarvis that he was determined to be his partner, but judging by the faces of those DWMA students who passed him on the way out of the boy's dormitories, something about him freezing like a statue in the rain for over an hour must've been strange. He didn't care though. They were but nameless, faceless background characters to Azariah's eyes. Soon Jarvis would be leaving too, to convene with the others at the café, and then he'd accompany him. It seemed they'd finally achieved some mutual respect, after having gone over each other their capabilities the day prior. Zari was excited to practice using him as a weapon for real - the applications of a clawed gauntlet that could manipulate blood like magic seemed endless to him. A mild twitch at the edge of his mouth was the only outward sign of his excitement. Hopefully Jarvis would appreciate that he waited for him.

1b0f53a2f914c2a7abad315e9a1de952458d89b1r1-225-350v2_hq.jpg
If it weren’t for the circulating whispers of a strange blonde meister standing outside in the rain like a statue, Jarvis would’ve happily allowed himself to sleep for another couple of minutes or so. 12:30 in the afternoon was still a typical vampire’s bed hours, after all. Jarvis didn’t take long to prepare. He was also familiar with the Hallowed Grounds coffee shop that Midori wanted ‘Team Arrow’ to meet at and confident he could make it there on time even if dozed in a bit. Bloodsuckers could be quite fast when they wanted to be, after all.

Alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

Quickly going through his morning rituals–which admittedly wasn’t much–Jarvis kicked his coffin closed, slipped on his usual blue jacket, and snagged an umbrella–as well as a towel–on his way out the door. He tossed yet another clove of garlic found hanging outside the entrance of his dark ‘den’ into a nearby bin as he did so. Teenagers were idiots and Jarvis was too lazy to deal with idiots. Not like garlic did anything to him anyway so it really amounted to nothing more than a harmless prank from some unhappy student(s), displeased by his residence and trying to drive him out. Probably. Possibly? Jarvis didn’t know and didn’t look too deeply in it. He simply either collected or discarded whatever dorm ‘welcoming gifts’ left by his fellow DWMA students depending on his mood.

There were more important things to worry about anyway.

Exiting the establishment that was DWMA’s boy’s dormitory, Jarvis made a beeline to where Zari stood waiting at the gated entrance. Red eyes studied the soaking meister from his drenched dress shirt to his matted blonde locks, before the undead weapon sighed and opened his umbrella for the both of them. He only had one umbrella.

“...Are you an idiot?”

Jarvis handed Zari the towel. “Midori’s message warned us to be prepared for light rain, didn’t it? You should’ve called me if you were going to pull something like this. How long have you been waiting out here? Why?” Zari only smiled as he dried his face and hair off, then let the towel rest over his shoulders. "Didn't want to wake you. Good morning." His hair curled heavily from the moisture, and he gave Jarvis a wide grin. "Let's go."

Jarvis only shook his head before they headed off. Over old cobblestone roads and modern cement pavement. Frankly, Zari had no idea where the coffee shop was, but Jarvis' steps seemed assured so he opted to just flank him closely to keep out of the rain now that that was an obvious. He didn't really understand what Jarvis meant, anyway. He was ready for the rain. He expected rain as he walked out of his door, and there it was. Boom. Coped. But now there was the option of an umbrella, and he chose to take it.

As they passed in through the gothic storefront, Azariah tied the towel around his waist to prevent water from dripping down onto the floor. He could immediately hear the familiar humming of his mentors' souls. They had taken to a corner table, and it appeared that Jarvis and Zari would be the first to arrive. With a nod of his head as a pointer for Jarvis, Zari headed on ahead, and took a seat with the towel spread out to protect the furniture. Then, as if nothing was wrong, he placed his hands in his knees and patiently looked between the other two.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Kyuubey Kyuubey

Last edited:

Zosar | DWMA | Coffee Shop

If he were being honest, he hadn't expected a real DWMA mission to be next on the agenda. He'd expected some sort of exercise, a practice to get things rolling, to see how well the essential three days (if the day they had all met was to be counted) had allowed them to get used to each other, and connect.

Then again, he had no reason to believe the mission would be as serious as hunting down some fallen creature, going down some ill begotten path. So in essence Zosar decided to take the text he had seen with a grain of salt, and simply make sure Adra was with him when they entered the coffee shop at the designated time.

Speaking of, whipping out cheap folding binoculars and popping them out, Zosar fiddled with the magnification, until he was staring right at Adra's apartment. The rain did not matter to him, it was not his first time standing out in the brutal weather to scope a target out; rain, snow, sleet, pouring, drizzling, it hardly mattered. Having the umbrella with him was only because he had the foresight to know if he met Adra soaked- it'd draw suspicion since it wasn't exactly pouring that much to warrant it unless he'd been standing around for a while.

All that mattered was Adra, for she was the target he needed to find.

"Where are you..." he muttered to himself in a tone of curiousity.

It said a lot when you had to spy on your own partner, just to make sure they wouldn't flake and bail on you when you both had a meeting to attend in the next half hour.

Two days ago, after the very first meeting of defective agents, they had went to Palooza Central. An arcade center not far from a hotspot mall and entertainment area, popular with both the locals and DWMA students of older age. The arcade itself hadn't been as lively as it would have normally been at night, but that had been the exact reason why Zosar had suggested they go at the time they did after that little session with Cyrus' assistant and a brief talking to from Midori.

It was obvious, Adra did not like to be surrounded by too many people, so he'd gone with the time that would be least stressful from his own experiences at frequenting the arcade center with his own partners, former friends, or what had become the norm in the last two years: alone.

However, it seemed that after more than a few rounds at Beat Domination, going on the hardest level possible for the dance rhythm game for different songs- Adrasteia had found interest in something else. And so they'd browsed other games for a time, moving around to different games that the meister had mainly allowed his partner to pick for the sake of allowing her to go with things that were familiar. The conversation had been limited during those times, if almost nonexistent. And for Zosar, that had been alright. He didn't need to dig into Adrasteia's life story, had no interest in doing it either. Bringing up Samsen now was a death sentence to their partnership and he was no fool when it came to reading the atmosphere and reading the emotions. In time, she'd let her guard down- that was his belief at least, as it was his experience with his brief partners among the Enlighteners. It wouldn't take today, tomorrow, or even a week or just a month for her to just suddenly drop that guard she seemed to keep up. He could tell his hunch was right.

This partnership was going to take work.

Even more with someone so guarded, let alone for one that had the DWMA's eyes on him also probably just added into reasons to keep that guard up.

Honestly, he wondered if Cyrus had kind of screwed him over by announcing that DWMA had their eyes on him. He couldn't tell if it would factor into anything about...this but he certainly didn't care to sit by, wait, and see.

At the end of it all, they'd spent a few hours within Palooza Central's Gaming Zone, and ultimately finished their browse with another round of Beat Domination. The songs mostly picked by Adra this time instead of them swapping between choices. And when it was all over he had been pretty pleased he'd kept up so well with her on the highest level the game could offer.

Yet when he looked at her soul, all he saw was that edge of irritation and annoyance returning anew.

That day when they'd parted, he took note of something important. Adrasteia was a tad competitive, and even though he hadn't come close to beating her in all the songs, he had kept up with her in the majority of ones she had chosen. And that, he sensed, was what irritated her. Or perhaps it was something he had done during the games that had reminded her of something in her past and it was reflecting in the present.

He couldn't know. For when he asked how she was feeling, she'd done what he had expected. Deflected.

They'd parted ways that day with him getting her number-- and then yesterday had came.

Zosar 's mismatched eyes narrowed as he dropped his binoculars at the sign of movement in the streets below. He had felt something familiar just now.

She's down there. Somewhere.

"Where are you going, Tia?" His eyes searched for what his senses could feel. Too much activity in the streets below to pick out her exact position but he was aware she was there, somewhere. "Don't tell me you're thinking on ditching me again."

Yesterday she certainly had tried.

Unfortunately for her, he hadn't been lying to Midori when he said he'd make sure to give Adra the attention she deserved. After their first meeting, he'd thought with the free day they had, they might try to meet up. Do something fun again, or maybe just get breakfast, brunch, something. So he'd sent a text.

No reply.

So he'd sent another when it was nearly afternoon.

No reply.

Which is when he knew that she was intentionally ignoring him.

He had expected something like this from his experience with similar Weapons that put up a guard. It was common to want to avoid further meet-ups, meetings, find excuses to not continue. The difference was, unlike Adra, he'd had the patience for them back then.

He didn't anymore. And the lack of response to his messages, pissed him off something fiercely. It brought back memories. Memories he did not want to think about, but came up anyway.

Twenty months. That was how long he'd lasted with the Weapons assigned to him before the incident that officially put him in FATE; in total he'd had eight Weapon partners assigned to him after release. The first two had lasted six months each, the remaining six had intentionally split off from him once they found better partners after or no longer wanting to be a part of the 'voluntary' assignment they had agreed to. Weapons were supposed to be a Meister's closest ally; this was what his father, and other Enlightener members, what even DWMA, had taught. After Markus, Becky and Allan had vanished with the others, any Weapon he'd had after was anything but the opposite of one. The only reason he'd needed to be assigned any in the first place was because any of his own attempts, were swallowed by the rumors that had come to dominate his life. Tainting everything he did, from where he walked, to whom he talked to.

Isolation was inevitable. And it brewed resentment and a sense of disgust in him towards them, towards DWMA itself, that awoke when he'd decided to go after Adra yesterday, and see if she was actually asleep or if she was actually dodging his replies.

Weapons that heard the rumors about his situation in the then, wanted nothing to do with him unlike good ole Loki from before. Instead they steered clear, and if they weren't one of the volunteers that had been assigned to him on a mission- they were avoiding him like the plague- or outright dodging him straight up in public.

Missions were the only reason he had a partner after the others vanished, that's what one or two of his former friends had told him, not in private, but in public. That he should have left with them so they could all be spared the reminder of what an absolute liar he was. And the few Weapons that were bold, told him outright that he shouldn't get his hopes up on their partnership being anything more, than a temporary arrangement.

So in a lot of ways, he empathized with Adra-- at least he'd tried to keep that in mind. Until he got to her place and found his suspicions confirmed. So then he'd just started bugging her till she couldn't ignore him. And what a day that had been. It hadn't been bad, but it had left something of a memory- one he was not entirely fond of with how it had started.

Barely even needed wavelength for the jump between the building adjacent to him as he hopped from building to building, and then used parkour tricks to make his way down to towards the other street where he could sense Adra's soul on the move as he expanded the intensity of his range with every step closer.

"If you think this'll stop me" He thought, just like he'd thought yesterday, "then clearly we've got a lot of bonding to do."

Oh, and how that had almost failed. Only today he wasn't sure what she was doing. So it seemed he'd have to do what he had to do yesterday- step in, and bother her. Only this time they had someplace to actually be.

Wavelength flared, and Zosar found a deep sense of anger and disgust stirring inside him once more as he followed Adra's soul, quickly catching up. Anger at the situation, disgust at having been lowered to a chained beast with a guard ready to taze him if he ever stepped foot out of his cage. Made worse by someone antagonizing him into reacting.

So many negative thoughts went through his head, and when he landed on a building to see Adra at last, it vanished at a turn.

She is heading towards the coffee shop.

Relief, flooded into his system, in a familiar form. The negative thoughts; of what his mother would think or his father might say if they could see him now, the disgust at having been lowered so far, the fury at being aware he couldn't just fucking leave this place--

"Phew" he exhaled, sitting back down. Hand on his chest. He sat there and stared at the sky, breathing in and out, letting the build up of energy he'd been storing in his legs bleed away. The unnatural calm of his soul at the moment he'd been about to launch himself in her direction, gone in a minute. "Good." He sighed. His eyes on her back. "Glad we won't have a repeat at the very least." He chuckled to himself as he rose. Ready to move on.

The thought did not escape him however: would have been quite upset if I had to bug you to do something simple as show up to a crucial meeting for us both.

He took a detour. With his coat and hood up the rain was hardly a problem and a little wetness did not bother him. He went around Adra's route-- slipping between awnings and stores to minimize the downpour on himself as the umbrella he'd initially had was one he had swiped. It would be too suspicious if he met her too wet, and he knew that. So keeping her soul signature in his radar as he did so, the meister maneuvered around the area as his partner progressed forward. So it was in a few minutes that he made it to a bench at the halfway mark to the coffee shop, and simply played it cool, walking towards where she was coming from, knowing that the direction he was taking would be the route that would take him to her place as he smiled when he saw her.

"Well well well, I was starting to get a bit worried" He grinned mischievously when his eyes caught her form. "Seems like coffee is the way to your heart huh?" It was a rhetorical question, he had no idea if she actually liked coffee or not. Something to learn though.

Doing a 180 as she approached, the Meister merely followed by Adra's side. Hands in his pockets. Glad things hadn't escalated, and even more pleased that he'd been wrong.

When they arrived, the rest of the group already was present. Zosar opened the door for Adra to step in. And then followed after her. Seeing everyone already present hardly bothered him in the slightest. He checked the time, with a few minutes to spare- he found he didn't care. Adra being here meant he didn't have to waste time hunting her down and bringing her here himself.

Slightly wet around his jeans, Zosar pulled his hood back and moved the bangs out of his mismatched eyes. "Hey guys," he waved, noticing Adrian's lack of presence. "You want anything?" The question aimed at Adra. "Don't mind buyin."

Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Kyuubey Kyuubey Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Interactions: Sybil Sybil

Last edited:
1648617805451.png
Nadia Semyonov - DWMA Classrooms

Having awaken in those early morning hours, Nadia went about her normal day, she had not bothered Dani in the following days, she knew the time for them to meet again would be soon, though she didn't prevent the other from visiting her for another drink or to go over seeing the basement's resident, though she heard of this from Maria herself beforehand. Highly amusing. Even if she were a strange girl she seemed to mean well and was an excellent craftswoman. Being of use to Nadia was reason enough to humor her.

The next message was not so amusing, she would see Dani again soon, and all the rest. Still her instructors had not responded to her, but she wasn't going to just let them out of it that easily, not so easily indeed. She would arrive early and ask them during the class. She didn't know about the man, but the woman looked to be cut from the same cloth, she would be early, and all for the better as she didn't really want others to hear what she had to say. Then again even if they had learned it would not have stopped her. Heading there more than a few minutes before she had to, Nadia knew this room, while not her own class, she was in here a time or two for one lecture or another or a bit of DWMA Hero Worship. Either way she looked about and seen the other making her home behind the desk, taking a seat. Nadia had her here and now, Zelda her name was, hair and eyes so much like her and a prim and pomp manner of dress, such her first questions was rather on point.

"Zelda is it.. Before the rest are here I would have the answers I wish from you, the one for your partner I will ask in class, provided he shows." Stepping in front of the desk, she remained at rigid attention as she hand a smirk to her face. "The first question is one I could easily answer by looking into your soul, but I figured I would ask, do you also carry the Ice Blood? A lot about you makes me think that you do and it is oh so rare to find another."

And just as suddenly the smirk vanishes, replaced with a scowl that held a hint of pain, anger and rage, lurking in with the placid blue eyes before being constricted more. "You remind me of my home, even if this land may be my home now, a part of me shall always dwell in Vladivostok. I care not that you remind me of that city, but I want to know why you remind me of the absolute worst times, of struggle and survival, of all that was lost. Since I seen you, it is like I've been seeing a ghost that awakens things better left sleeping.. Were you there, during the downfall of it all? As what, as who? I feel as if I cannot let this go till I know why."

Interactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Last edited:

Zelda Zemo
Crescent Room Class | March 8th, 2067 | 1240

As Zelda was about to settle for a good read, she heard the footsteps of one of her students arriving. Well, she didn't know it was one of them for sure, but given that nobody else was supposed to be in here except for her students and she practically could pick out the hurried footfalls of her partner in a busy crowd, it was a likely deduction.

As she peered over from the side and saw the tall woman in the dress with those cold eyes, she should have figured Nadia would be here first. Zelda set down her book on the desk and sat upright, her legs uncrossing so as to give Nadia full attention. She felt a little guilty for not responding to her message, so she wanted to at least say something about that first.

First off, her first question made her amused. She even let out a sharp breath of air from her nose with a slight curl on one side of her lips. It wasn't the first, nor will it be the last that anyone had asked if she had Ice Blood. Alas, it would be slightly disappointing for her.

Zelda3.jpgHer second question though, caused her face to shadow over from the slight downward tilt, her hat and bangs covering her eyes slightly. It was not something she wished to remember and she wished Nadia never asked. It was a hellish time.

Still, she was resigned to answering the questions, no matter how upsetting it was. She figured that it was even more upsetting for Nadia, who had the specific trauma of having to go through it far longer than she had, who only witnessed the issues of Vladivostok from the safety of the harbor. Letting out a sigh, she decided to talk in order the items that were brought up. As she spoke Nadia's name, she held the proper Russian pronunciation and even partial accent, unlike Cyrus' attempt a couple days earlier. If it weren't her sounding English in the rest of her answers, it would have sounded like she was a native Russian, as well.

"Raspopova... Yes, it is Zelda. As for your message, Nadia, I am sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner, but I did indeed see it. I was hoping you would remember before you asked, but seems like I'd have to bring back bad memories. But first," she let out that same huff through her nose of amusement. "No, sadly, I am not carrying any Ice Blood. I may be tall, but I am only as strong as most human Three-Star Weapons. I may generate ice, but that is a unique ability I retained from my family lineage. But, my Stage Name is Jorguün's Halberd, mainly because the Meister before Emmett who wielded me for a good decade and a half was of Ice Blood. She was an amazing Meister, if not a complete goofball."

She had a fond, small grin on her face, but as soon as it appeared, it was replaced with that of a somber frown, her shoulders sagging as if a weight was pressing them down.
"As for your... Second question. I was of those who were trying to save and escort those who were suffering in Russia to be shipped off to sea. I was mainly at the harbor, since as soon as I had arrived, it was during its last stages and the infected were starting to swarm the harbor. I was only there for a day, yet I've never felt the same since. I sadly regret not remembering much of that. Everything was a muddled mess and I was doing what I can to not only slow the spread of MIBVI with my ice, but also keep myself and my partner from succumbing to the latent madness. I do not mind if you hate me for bearing such association with the worst time of your life. Most who remember me or are reminded of what had happened because of me tend to steer clear or send insults. Now, they keep to themselves or call me a hero." She visibly flinched at the word and shook her head. "All I did was save those who needed it. I did my job, nothing more. But I wish I could do more then, but I could not be in multiple places at once. I can at least start with helping you." Then, for the first time in a while, she had an easy smile, hoping Nadia can see her sincerity. "I'm glad you're not in that war-torn land anymore, but I am not surprised if the war has followed you in your heart. It may be gone in Vladivostok and they may be recovering, but I know you are still suffering and it has seeded itself within you. I can only hope you find some small amount of peace as we continue with the program. This program is supposed to help with that - those who have gone through pain and trauma, suffering from PTSD from war or missions." Then her tone became firm, yet still gentle. "If you need anything, text me. I have seen my fair share of - pardon my language - fucked up shit. Hopefully, later, we may be able to teach you, and the rest of your colleagues, Sound Mind Training. It should help with that a little. It may not help completely, but the difference will be night and day."

She rested from the talk, letting out a soft sigh of relief through her nose. A distant memory of seeing monstrous humanoids or even those who were crazed and ran with full intent to kill them or themselves as the voices in the heads rang out with reckless abandon, of ice walls, blood-curdling screams, people yelling commands, and the fear of becoming one of them or losing those who desperately needed them. It was plain on Zelda's face. For the first time since they've met, Zelda's stoicism fell and there was the pain of torment from what that simple one-day mission had done to her. She looked exhausted, but she held that determination amongst the pain within her eyes, the fire that blazed within the icy confines of her soul. "I can only imagine what you have gone through. And for that, there is nothing that a simple apology can do. I am not a therapist, but if you need to talk, you can with me. Even if it's a meeting, call, or text in the middle of the night."

Interactions: Nadia
RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

fdae61bdbe9be7d681df8fe4500ebda3--nata.jpg

Adrian Hackney

"The Maiden"

Species Human
Partner None
Rank Fate Agent

Location Death City, Hallowed Grounds
Mission First Mission
Status Energetic

A mission. Fantastic. Granted, he had little faith it would be a mission quite as grandiose as the ones given to official DWMA Agents, but then there was such an emphasis on the fact Fate Agents were in fact real Agents. Still, it hadn't been a week. Adrian couldn't bring himself to believe they would be headed out somewhere on a one of their signature Death Jets to investigate or kill something.

What he could bring himself to do was prepare. Prepare as if it were to be an actual, life-or-death mission.

The entire day prior, Adrian spent preparing his body. Death City had plenty of gyms, but the DWMA had a lot of machines dedicated to their... less than human abilities. Not along ago, things were done with manual calculations and spotters, but now it was an integrated system due to Magitech. Most machines utilized simple, but powerful spells to create forces far beyond what normal equipment could do, and all with a familiar, digital interface. Adrian started the morning of the 8th downing protein shakes and carb loading for his gym time.

And there? There he focused on his strength. The Iron Maiden may not know his own pain wavelength, but oh.. he would know pain. Warm ups with simple dumbbells without delving into his Wavelength Amplifications got his muscles stretched and blood pumping, but the machines here would soon tear the very fibers of his muscles to absolute shreds so he could build them back stronger. These machines in practice looked very similar to home gyms, but this was a space saving tactic to avoid doubling down on machines not augmented with the high-intensity magitech. His favorite setting, and a favorite in general, was called "matched force" training in which he would calibrate the machine to whatever force he exerted on it until it pushed him to the point of failure, hit a button, then it would shave off a fraction of that force so he would always be pushing his body. This worked well for DWMA Agents who used Wavelength Amplification as it was hard to always put a hard number on what they could do.

First round, 10 seated bench presses. Second round, 10 pectoral flies. Third round, ten wide-lat pulls. This continued on for five total sets until his muscles, even with his Wavelength Amplification, just plain could not take anymore. Next sets.

First round, 10 outer leg kicks. Second round, 10 leg kick backs. Third round, 10 leg extensions. This again continued on, but only for four sets. Same limits, same force matching, and even his Wavelength Amplification was pushed as he had to focus to maintain it while exerting himself to his maximum.

Last was the most intense. Self-Resonance during the seated bench presses. Triple the force or so due to the machine, but this required intense focus to maintain the technique while also maintaining form on the machine. With all of his experience and the absurd super-human strength he had in this brief window, his body could still only withhold six total presses, not able to complete the push for the seventh. Even if he had "failed" mid push, safety features within the device would have locked the bar. Given that "spotters" at forces like these were unrealistic, safety came first with them in automation.

He was exhausted. His body sore. Afterwards, another protein shake down and some stretching with simple isometric exercises to cool down. The rest of the day was dedicated to loading his body with healthy foods, a lot of calories for repair, plenty of protein, and periodically meditating for the sake of using his Wavelength to hasten the repair of his body. A technique popularize by the Amazing Star Dojo.

And, of course, reading up on Soul Spaces. Deciding to follow suit as Zari, he opted to check out a book on Bloodsuckers, too. Swapping materials helped him focus, and hopefully something in there might help him bridge a friendship with Jarvis.

As for the morning of their meeting, Adrian still was on the mindset of training. Although nowhere near as intense, he woke up a full two hours early to fit in a morning workout of body exercises. Push-ups, pull ups, crunches, so on and so forth. A shower, although seemingly pointless in the rain, did get the sweat off him.

He did, unfortunately, lose track of time. Not during his exercises, but during a morning run. A run in the rain? Sounds stupid, perhaps, but he couldn't pick the conditions he would be in on a mission, either. A water-resistant jacket alongside all of his gear accompanied him, but a few wrong choices in blocks made him the last to arrive at Hallowed Grounds. It was clear he was even more drenched than Zari from the rain outside. Stepping in soaking wet, only slightly less so once his jacket was hung up, but Adrian... didn't care. Before opting to stand beside the group, he ordered a mineral water from his morning run and decided against standing, at least until he dried some.

"Sorry about that; I'm not the best with directions. Apparently, I can get lost on Main Street," Adrian said before taking a large gulp of his water. A quick head count determined he was the last to arrive. He might have felt a little bad, but he was still feeling the effects of a runner's high, so it didn't quite strike him too hard. At least, he thought, he wouldn't be the one waiting.

Mv3Qgdc.png

MidoriHoshi

"Dark Star"

Species Death Golem
Partner Various / Autonomous Weapon
Rank Two-Star

Location Death City, Hollowed Grounds
Mission First Mission
Status Focused

Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Sybil Sybil Kyuubey Kyuubey @Quirky Angel

"Of course, Emira," Midori responded. She was stoic, but he still smiled. The silence between them yesterday would have bothered him had he not become so accustomed to it already. The fact she wanted to talk at all... that was probably at least some headway. Any answer was better than no answer. "Although, depending on which mission we go on, that may not be for a while," he added. It also opened up the concept of multiple missions. His tone also was slightly different, at least in comparison to how it had been to Emira for the bulk of the entire time she knew him. He was focused. On the mission, at least. His entire focus was clearly not on her.

But, that didn't mean he didn't notice. Her pink hair, strumming of her fingers along her coffee, what seemed to be like deep thoughts back despite her stoic face. The details soaked in, and while he always appreciated her presence, this time he had a goal set out in mind. He was dedicated to the members of his team.

Who one-by-one trickled in. And, to his surprise, he was quite wrong about the order. Zari and Jarvis first, arriving as a pair. The nature of them as a duo changed the dynamic. Zosar and Adra followed. Adrian being the last, and completely drenched. It was clear the boy went for a run, but in the weather, that was questionable. Consider this the first surprise of the morning. And, a clear indicator that Midori had plenty more to take in about his team.

"Glad to see we all made it. The rain is clearly annoying. I considered rescheduling to another day, but getting these missions isn't easy," Midori said, this time aiming himself at the group.

"Yes, we will be going on an official mission posted to the DWMA. Just like any other bulletin. I spent the day yesterday making sure we options for interesting ones, not something the higher ups would push off on us hesitantly," Midori explained to them, then gestured to the various folders in front of them on the table.

"There are three total, you five will vote for one one you want to do, then do so as a group. Everyone gets a vote, duos don't have to vote the same," Midori explained.

The folders in front of them then contained short mission briefs over the options they would have:

• 44eec8c11e7e849e01828afd9c6f84cc.jpg

Target Shuumie
    Objective Locate and retrieve safely then return to owner and/or DWMA Bulletin Office
    Location Death City, Residential District

Notes Shuumie is a Magical Creature from South America imported by a wealthy businessman in the area. She is easily frightened, can levitate, and becomes intangible in water. She is sensitive to overly bright lights and sunlight and sensitive to heat.

1648658828102.png
Nadia Semyonov - DWMA Classrooms

Listening to the words Zelda had to say at various points did the expression of Nadia change. At first a chuckle followed with a nod of her head. "Oh you aren't? What a shame, though I guess that makes sense, it's a shame I'm on the shorter end, my father was a good foot taller than I. Compliments to your pronunciation however. But Nadia will be fine, it is not unusual for more than a few in my homeland to go by the middle name."

However, the later parts of the conversation, likely displayed a lot of subtle feelings of the Russian as she stood there and listened. A lifted eyebrow here, a clenching of the jaw there, a hardening of her eyes, slight movement of the mouth, realization, acceptance, rejection, rage, hate and sadness, in the subtle and suppressed movements of Nadia did they all play out. The most telling of all was she lifted a hand over her face, as if to catch herself before balling it into a fist. Nadia may have understood herself and her soul room was not likely to change, but her inability to visit it at will was more likely than not because of her inner turmoil, be it in trying to keep others away or because of the walls she built. Whatever the case Zelda has unknowingly pushed a few buttons as the woman lost her composure bit by bit. At first simple, if not a bit sad.

"You did nothing wrong, there was nothing else to do, maybe that is where I seen you but-"

To a scoffing rebuttal. "What do you even know about what happened there, the abominations, beasts and heavy artillery and mechanical terrors, of each passing day and week where someone does not return, then you get packed like cattle in a rolling and rocking bucket and taken to a strange land, with the last thing you knew just vanishing!? Of taking care of others and organizing them to strike out and take what spare food we could because the camps were nothing more than a corral for the sickness!?"

To scathing anger; "Calling you? Peace? It's all safe now! Is it? Just let it go! Like that fool Klaus, you think I'm weak, that I'm something that needs pity! The Virus is still out there, it's right here in this very damn building! One bit of fuckery and we are back where we were and your city here could be the next battlefield! I'm not some small child! I lived, I survived, I fought tooth and nail and watched others vanish and break! The war is never over, it just sleeps! Waiting and watching in the hearts of mankind! I-..."

Trailing off, she lowers her hand and runs it by an open palm across her skirt, pausing as if to collect herself. "No.. You did nothing wrong. Maybe we have a drink some time.. But for now I'm just going to take a seat. Yes, I'm just going to take a seat."

And with that Nadia turns on her heels with nothing more to say, her ears open for any other words, but any will further to talk or fight was gone for the time being. Picking the row of the seats furthest to the back, she seemingly waited to see who else would come, leaving an offer for drinks but not wanting to say anymore to Zelda, smoothing her skirt and then her top, she loosens the collar around her neck briefly before taking the ascent up the steps, heading for the center desk row.

Interactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Last edited:

502-Best-anime-boy-images-in-2019-Anime,-Anime-guys,-Hot-.jpg

Thaddeus Thales

"Gauss"

Species Human
Partner Noah Wiley, Prudence Montgomery
Rank Fate Agent

Location Death City, DWMA Classroom
Mission Crescent Class
Status Reflecting

Gauss wondered if the day would be as eventful as the one before. A lot had happened in a short span of time. A lot more than most days on campus, at least. He had met a plethora of new, colorful people due to the program and went through a whirlwind of emotions as he tried forcing himself to feel. Recounting the day prior, and those within the group...

He kissed one.

Fought one.

Resonated with three.

Had a Madness backlash with one.

Paired with two.

Said two met his father, and subsequently found a new name for him much to his chagrin.

Visited two others after due to their encounters.

Then met up with his partners whom were offered and accepted a room in the Lush Coffin below his own a few floors.

Mentally, his thoughts as to how this next day could compare were almost a challenge for Emmett and Zelda. Even if they wanted to orchestrate something so grand, the groups were split. Though, that did make him wonder if the two were on good enough terms with the other mentor that they would eventually do some type of competition again. Another game, like before, but teams? That didn't seem terribly fair. One had seven, one had five. One was an autonomous weapon, too, which if pit up against himself would be sheer dead weight. Poor soul.

Given Noah and Prudence had not had time to move, they were across Death City still. Gauss didn't find it pertinent they show up together given the distance; that would nearly double the time spent commuting. Now that he thought about it, the offer of the room from his father most certainly made for a functional arrangement. A lot of time saved for just the cost of a room that was hardly used. Given he asked nothing in return, they also meant rent and other associated bills saved for his partners, although that part he didn't quite care about. Their money was of no use to him and he didn't care if he had to foot every bill they accumulated as a trio.

He sent them each a text telling them he would arrive there on his own, then set off. An umbrella for the rain, classy raincoat under it, and an Uber to get there because while Gauss was many things, he was not so absurd to walk in the rain. That, and that beloved Wavelength of his did nothing to stop thousands of tiny droplets from ruining his clothes.

A classroom. A little overkill for fewer people than you could count on two hands, but what the hell. Not like the Thales were known for being subtle themselves. It did, however, rule out the idea of another ball game. Presently, it was just Zelda and Nadia, who together alone looked like they could be on the cover of Russian's Gone Wild or Ice Blood, Steamy Showers, but these were thoughts Gauss intentionally pushed aside. Not only due to their useless, inappropriate nature, but the nature of those thoughts now somehow brought him closer to some type of associated guilt. This was a new day, no reason to dig up the past, regardless of how recent.

He couldn't help but wonder if that association of guilt would go away, or if that was just a new part of him. If so, curse that god damn blonde that started it. Why couldn't she have been a brunette?

Gauss made his way down the rows of seats and tables before removing his raincoat and sliding it beside him with his umbrella beneath the desk, a good six or seven inches away from him to avoid their still-wet surfaces. Still plenty of room for Noah and Prudence. Actually, now that he thought about it, and them, he moved his raincoat and umbrella to the desk behind him, sitting it on the surface to make room for them. This seemed... friendlier. Open seating for them and the use of the room didn't matter given how many other seats there were, unless one of these women wanted to go out of their way to sit behind him.

Gauss in this moment also made another realization. He and Noah were the only men on this team, not counting Emmett. Was this intentional? The other group was quite the opposite; only one girl one it, aside from the pink haired one. Gauss, perhaps slightly egocentric here, wondered if surrounding him with temptation was some type of plan. Surely not. Everyone here needed help. He drummed his fingers on the desk contemplating this thought. Chewing on it like tough jerky. Logically, he could rationalize the gender disparity in a dozen ways, but when one came from money and inherently felt they didn't entirely deserve to be where they were, thoughts of conspiracy brought forth emotions that couldn't easily be quelled.

He had to find something to distract himself while waiting. If they were testing him, who would even be the one he might be interested in?

Prudence was already stashed somewhere in his mind under off limits as a partner, so if they expected that, absolutely not.

Noah, also being classified the same, was also male. Noah, while Gauss had some encounters in his past, all they did was cement in his attraction towards women.

Nadia would be an interesting choice, but he imagined that would be short lived. Something about the eccentricity of her Russian heritage didn't do for him.

Dani also made an interesting choice, though she had a temper. He did wonder what laid beyond that.

Sara, the one he had next to no interaction with, was another question mark. From what he had seen and gathered, she was a werewolf, and highly energetic. Much like Nadia, probably something short-lived.

Then came Suzu. Another interesting choice. He didn't know much about her, but she had that Bell form. The excruciating pain it brought bounced back in his memory enough that his ears almost had a ghost-ring in them. However, another feeling bubbled up. He felt bad. He saw how everyone, including himself to some degree, was so frustrated with her over what she did in that form. He didn't find that fair. This thought went on in his head for a while imagining that was what she had dealt with her entire time at the DWMA. It must have lead to a lonely life, really. Something quite the opposite to his own. There was an inkling of sympathy coming from him, but somehow that only made him more suspicious.

Making a mental list of the woman in his group? Feeling sympathy? Was this the intent of this group? Was this some subtle manipulation to condition him over time? Or, was Gauss just paranoid.

He let out a sigh, the first audible thing he did since entering the room. Even trying to distract himself, he found he circled back to how odd all of these 'circumstances' aligned for him. What he knew, despite these thoughts, is he had no choice but to trust them and the system. Even if their goal was to manipulate him, he would stay true to his goal to being reinstated within the ranks of the DWMA. Anything less was failure, and that he did not stand for.

Last edited:

Iris a billion pixels.pngIris ba Sitheris
Rain.

Since the first day she stepped foot in this Godforsaken desert, there had been nothing but scorching hot sun. The Hydra was an amphibious creature, born from marshes and made to live in moist environments. The dry air and absence of clouds had been torture, but just this once, Iris was enjoying the weather.

Her jacket was bundled up under her left arm, and her blue tinted glasses hung from the edge of her tank top. A cloud of smoke rose from her half-finished cigarette as she let the light droplets fall down over her upturned face. She'd found herself a lonely corner just outside the DWMA to take a breather before continuing inside. Being subjected to this punishment for crimes she hardly understood made her skin crawl at best, and she knew containing that rage was going to be hard. It'd been a while now. Complete disconnect from everyone she ever knew out of nowhere. All of her previous friends were kept in the dark about where she'd been sent, and the stipulation for her ever having another chance at regaining her powers was to stay put and act proper. She didn't give a fuck about that, it's not like even her family had a chance at infiltrating the DWMA to confirm her behavior. She only wanted to be done with this shit, go back home, and give her heartless bitch mom an earful. This wasn't how to treat anyone, let alone your daughter.

A couple of passing concerned glances in her direction brought the calm moment to a halt, and she spat out her cigarette and turned on her heel to head back inside.

The library. The imposing stacks of books brought back memories of her early teens, confined to the Sitheris' grand library and study halls with endless tutors and teachers. She learned many things there, such as how to sense magic and hate academia. The door to study room F slammed against the wall as she elbowed it open way too hard, but it didn't stop her stride. Hands firmly shoved into her pockets, hair shiny with droplets of water, and eyebrow cocked in a discerning look. Her piercings jangled as she stopped just inside the entrance, and the door slowly rebounded to a close behind her. There was a quiet beat coming from some manlet sitting by a table and perfect silence from some prim and proper looking blonde broad. Boring. Next up was what looked like a flustered natural red-head, and Iris almost felt a tinge of anger. Last thing she wanted was anyone thinking she had her hair this way trying to copy someone. She was a hair's width from politely asking her shut her whore mouth rather than keep stuttering, but on second thought that'd be just a little out of line. Besides, she brought food. Friend material right there. Iris took a moment to compose herself. The Pull was as nasty as ever, she found.

Then - who's this tree-hugger wearing a God damn mushroom for a hat? Oh no, don't tell me that's the bitch who shut down a staircase for a pile of insects. Who- who does that? What the hell do they teach them in the forest? She certainly looked the part for a forest witch. Iris turned her head to one side and tried to soften the angry creases between her brows. There stood a white haired mature woman, probably their teacher or something. At least she had a rockin' bod. Something everyone else could learn from.

Finally, she spotted the only person she was hoping to find. There was Ark, fucking finally someone to attach to. It looked like he was being assailed by some red-head palm tree anime twink. "Hey, Ark! Is that guy bothering you?"

Please say yes, just let me punch him in the face.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Kyuubey Kyuubey Mineczka Mineczka Meredith Meredith RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Merciless Medic Merciless Medic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Last edited:

Hiei.full.1694016.jpg

Rand Mabason

"Soundwave Sorcerer"

Species Witch
Partner N/A
Rank Two Star

Location Death City, DWMA Library
Mission Introductions
Status Calm

March 9th, 2067 | 1017

It was all coming together. The whole group here, for better or worse. The last to be there Iris. Oh, beloved cousin. Quite the opposite to him. Not just genders. Her brash attitude, his reserved one. Her raw power, his original lack thereof. His intelligence, her lack thereof. And, while they had the same blessing of Mabian lineage, it was in entirely different forms. She was born with it into the upper echelons of a family with no need to make a connection whereas Rand was often just considered a pawn for marriage. Granted, Iris would probably melt anyone she wanted to marry long before she admitted it, so whatever it may be.

What mattered most was that she didn't recognize him. Whether that was for now or would remain so was unclear, but it worked well enough for his intentions.

Rand adjusted his headset. Increasing volume, increasing the bleed on them, making them blare out the music quite audibly to anyone near him. The goal to give off the impression that everyone around him were too noisy for his taste. Problem was, the headphones were now just a hair too loud for him to make out what was otherwise being said. Rand had a solution for that. He lifted his thumb off the screen of his phone and cast a small spell, making it akin to an antennae to pickup all the sounds around him. Their voices now coming in plain as day, arguably better than before. Splitting his focus away from the music he was playing was just a small task of shifting his focus.

He checked the time. Fifteen minutes or so after the designated time. No one had called it out yet. He expected tempers to be shorter, but then Iris was late to begin with and it certainly seemed like she was about to make a scene. Time to see how this group reacted to a real instigator. If his cousin deserved her reputation, things would soon get interesting.

Song Now Playing

Last edited:
aubrey-omori-drawn-by-kazuukarazu-sample-af2b07da6781272515d1e956837add8b.jpg

Daniella Ethalyn - DWMA Crescent Moon Classroom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dani had awoken the day of her pod's spontaneous rendezvous to no hangover, unlike the previous. No pounding headache or wish for the world to stop existing or, at least, not anymore than what was usual. She had met with Nadia to question the woman about the doll girl, or potential serial killer, living in the basement. The Russian vouched for her, though the pink-haired girl believed that was as she found the whole situation to be entertaining.

Today, however, was a day for her. No socialization, no stupid homework. Dani had already sent a text, as requested, about the Soul Rooms. She could recuperate and relax, at least until the surprise meeting occurred.

So, she decided to go to the gym. Perhaps not the idea some may have for "relaxation", though for Dani it was therapeutic enough. It gave her something to do, which kept her mind from wandering to subjects best ignored, and helped maintain her agitation. It was therapeutic for her, more so than any of the drugs at this point. Unfortunately, the girl would have to cut her visit short due to the class arrangements.

Washing up, Dani begrudgingly made her way to the destination point. This time it was an actual room rather than an open field, which gave her a modicum of hope that the ordeal would be more regulated than the last.

She entered the room with a softer scowl than usual, geared in dark jeans, boots, an old letterman jacket and black t-shirt underneath. Her hair was still slightly wet from the showers and a small rucksack hung from her shoulder, having more or less come straight from the DWMA gym.

Dani took note of the few that arrived before her. It seemed that, unlike before, at least one of the mentors was here. That was promising. Nadia was as well already seated with Mr. Peashooter mulling something over several seats away. Giving a small, acknowledging glance to Zelda, and an even briefer one toward Gauss, Dani made her way toward the seat next to Nadia whom she bestowed the only audible greeting.

"Hey," Dani said, planting herself in the seat while dropping the bag onto the floor next to her.

Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Gauss) RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Nadia/Maria) Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Zelda)
Interactions: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Nadia)

19a58d1516e1d7e9deba8cab540364a8.jpg
PRUDENCE PONTMERCY
Mentions:
Interaction: Gauss ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Zelda ( Merciless Medic Merciless Medic ), Nadia ( RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun ), Dani ( EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen )

Prudence walked all the way in a singularly business mode. It was a combination of many things at once, but most pronounced of all, most prevalent, was the unfavorable weather. She was never fond of rains –occasional phenomena exist as if only to disrupt her daily routine. Though nothing less than what normal people considered a small storm could ever hinder her insistence for a walk at five in the morning and five in the afternoon, it was an unpleasant thing nonetheless. Coincidentally, it reminded her a great deal of the people and events of yesterday. Bad weather, all of it.

At the entrance to the building, she stopped and folded her umbrella. It was an incredibly simple one in a dull red color, one that could be bought at any convenience store, and seemed to be one strong wind away from falling apart. Without any notable haste, she began to shake the water off the umbrella. And it was done indeed slowly, carefully, as though she was one who minded greatly her appearance and manner. Perhaps she was, having not much else to occupy her mind and time. When it was all dry and ridden of wetness, she made her way to the classroom.

Zelda was the only mentor in the room, Emmett nowhere in sight. At her own pace, Prudence bowed slightly towards the woman, then moved on. It was a conscious effort to avoid being pulled into a conversation, no matter how little the woman seemed interested in striking up one. Preferably so, until Prudence could find an excuse for her current inability to access her soul room. The message from Zelda had come as a dreadful surprise. The Weapon had never been able to access her soul room, a disability that was simply incurable. The reason for that, or rather, the implications, could cause unwanted attention that Prudence could really do without.

Raising her head, she waved at the pair of Meister and Weapon and presented a simple, casual greeting smile. Nadia seemed to be in a foul mood, she wondered why.

Then at her own pace, a rather slow pace, one that she had practiced to imitate Noah's, though he wasn’t yet in the classroom, she walked to Gauss’s desk and sat down on his left. The umbrella was leaned on the seat to her left. “What are you thinking about?” she asked bluntly, and at the same time, absent-mindedly, while patting non-existent droplets off her clothes.

Sara & Suzu

Date: March 7, 2067
Time: 11am - 12pm
Locations: Cafe of Skulls, Sara's Apartment Room
Collab with Mineczka
Mentions: Emmett and Zelda

Listening to Emmett ramble on about his creation of the TACS, Suzu could feel the embarrassment settle in, to think, in such a small creation, so much effort was put in, all to stop something she was supposed to have control of. It felt so embarrassing to think about how much others had to change for one bell… Though it seemed that Sara hadn’t much idea what was being said, which, in the back of Suzu’s mind, provided some solace that Sara hadn’t fully understood the danger of not wearing them… Or at least not until Emmett mentioned it blocked her wavelength only, that her normal hearing wouldn’t be impacted at all. Soon after the explanation, it appeared that Zelda and Emmett were leaving, all the while, Suzu kept herself at the resonance, slowly but surely, becoming stronger and stronger with it, and it seemed that Sara had noticed as well, mentioning to the bell;

"I see you're helping me out with this resonance thing. Thank you. That gives quite a bit of relief. Maybe when we get to know each other better and get used to each other more, we can do fifty-fifty on our resonance. I'd like to get to work on that and knowing about you because I love getting new friends."

Wait…. She…. She wants to be… Friends?

It took Suzu aback for a moment, as, she was not one that expected people to be so open with her, and especially so… Unconditionally happy about having a cracked bell as a weapon… She felt unsure, expecting the other boot to fall quickly, though made sure to at least reply,

“Y-yeah… I… Thought it might help…. If…” Gods she was bad at this, it showed she wasn’t used to the communication that Sara would give, “If… I worked just as hard to resonate…” It was obvious from her voice, she was most certainly nervous.

The nervousness can be smelled radiating from the bell besides the obvious metal and that of her soul scent. The poor girl really was just nervous about all this. Sara wondered just how many people broke her down to get to this point. In dealing with introverts, especially those who - as Sara was in DWMA - had been bullied or neglected by others, Sara found that they generally got better if she included encouragement, appreciation, and acknowledging their progress, as it usually puts things in different perspectives. Either way, not all introverts are the same, so she did what she did best. Being either annoyingly or infectiously happy and hopefully her being herself.

"Atta girl. Hard work is how you get better at something. If I am the one you must build yourself off of, then I will be that tree. Thank you for being considerate and sweet." She accentuated her gratitude with a huge, toothy grin from ear to ear, and then her nuzzling her cheek against the top of the bell, as if she would if it were Suzu's head. "I obviously gotta work on how to best use you, but with my creativity and flexibility, I will prevail sooner or later. I love challenges."

Sara realized how much she had been talking and sheepishly chuckled, her own soul vibrating with her own embarrassment. "Ah, sorry. I, uh, tend to ramble. So, what do ya wanna do? We can head to my place, or your place, and have lunch? Maybe chat a bit."

Following her nervousness, was Sara’s kindness, she seemed to be her usually annoyingly happy, the same tone she had while living with Noah next door to her apartment… Was she… Used to this? Dealing with people who were broken? Or… Was the episode earlier a sign of the cracks Sara had as well? Suzu knew she wasn’t the only one in pain, but to consider that she found it in someone like Sara… It rattled her down to her core. Despite this revelation, Suzu’s mind was drawn away after a moment, as the kindness was met with an admission,

"I obviously gotta work on how to best use you, but with my creativity and flexibility, I will prevail sooner or later. I love challenges."

Sara hadn’t used a weapon like Suzu, few people had for that matter. As not many weapons take the form of a bell, especially one like Suzu, who was more like a mid-range weapon, she could be used in a close battle, but it was best to keep distance, and Suzu wanted to be sure to acknowledge that,

“I’d suggest…. Use me like a rope dart…. Centrifugal movements and motions would be quite a devastating effect, especially with my Anti-Undead and Suppression wavelengths… Though… Be sure you wear the TACS….” A silent breath was taken, as Suzu then heard the part she had dreaded, having lunch at either Sara’s or her home, now that Sara mentioned it… Suzu hadn’t eaten all morning, “I… Don’t know… About my apartment…. I…. I don’t have much…. S-so how about…. Yours…?”

At Suzu's idea of using her appropriately, Sara's eyes widened. "OHHHHH! You mean, like, ribbon dancing? I've never seen a rope dart either, but I've seen ribbon dancing. Oh, we are going to look so elegant together. But yes, yes, I will work hard to wield you properly." However the idea that Suzu didn't have much in her home put a contemplative furrow of her brow and her lips pursed and pulled to one side in thought. "Huh… You don't have much? I mean, that doesn't sound all too bad, I guess. I wonder…" She let the momentary silence of three seconds last as she thought of why Suzu wouldn't have much to begin with. Considering her family, Sara always had a lot of stuff, especially her growing collections she's stored safely in her room.

“Y-yeah… I’ve…. A table… Floor cushions… Futon… I… I at least have a Television and all…. But… Not much to what…. Most have…”

Sara mulled over what Suzu said with tightly pursed lips, as if to kiss the thoughts she were having. Suzu really didn't have much stuff and Sara was a little worried about what that could mean, but she didn't want to think about it too hard. Suddenly, she spoke up, her voice way chipper than earlier to make up for the ponderous silence she left Suzu in. "Welp, I'm just probably used to having a bunch of stuff to live around. Yeah, if that makes you comfortable, we can go by my place. I have so much leftovers but after this morning, I can eat a horse."

Again, she found herself rambling and she giggled nervously. The thought of Noah chastising her for talking to much rang in her head. "Ah, I talk too much. Sorry about that. I should give you time to respond."

Hearing Sara mention the leftovers from the morning sparked something Suzu didn’t enjoy, the feeling of hunger. It wasn’t often she’d feel it, but it was something that caused quite a bit of dread, especially from her childhood, having many a night gone hungry in bed. But that was not the time for that, there was no use dredging up the past at this point… Suzu had lived so long regretting the past, and it stymied her recovery and growth, and she wasn’t going to let it continue to consume her for now…

“T-That’s fine… I… I’m… Used to it…” She admitted, while not openly mentioning that she had lived next to Sara for some time, hearing almost all of her loud conversations with Noah, it was certainly something she hinted at passively,

Sara wondered now. Did Suzu have other friends? If she didn't, then how would she be used to it? Was her scent familiar for a reason? Was she…?

“A-as you’ve seen…. I’m… Not exactly the… Talking type…” If bells could turn red from embarrassment, Suzu’s bell would be as red as the rope that Sara would swing her from…

Chuckling, Sara waved a hand nonchalantly at her comment. "Oh, that's okay. You don't have to be the talking type. I'll just probably ramble more, hehe. But hey, I don't mind. I equally like having lots of fun and enjoying silence once in a while. Very zen… zenning? Zenful? Heh, kinda sounds like sinful. Anyway."

As the two walked through Death City, Sara took her time meandering about the newer portions of Death City, finding a cafe called Cafe of Skulls. "Hey, wanna get a milkshake?" Sara pointed excitedly towards the cafe, acting like a little kid at a candy shop with her excited whisper and bouncing on the balls of her feet.

“I-... I’ve never had one….” Suzu replied, sounding rather embarrassed of her admission,

The look Sara had would have been priceless if Suzu were someone else and were joking. Her eyes widened and her mouth opened in a large 'O' as she drew in a gasp. She looked down at the bell nestled within her arms with the same look, as if this were a revelation that needed changing. "Really??? OMG, we have to get one. You have no idea what you're missing out on." She rushed headlong towards the cafe, completely ignoring people around her and a vehicle whizzing by as she ran across the crosswalk to get to the cafe's side of the road. Once she stopped by the doors, she looked at her bell, a smile on her face and her tail wagging rapidly. "So so so, what kind of tastes do you like? Sweet? Nutty? Sour? All kinds?"

“I… I’m not too sure…. Stuff like this… I’ve never… Experienced before…” As her words came out, Suzu felt a bigger explanation was needed, and one made face to face, quickly shifting from her weapon form, she landed on her feet in front of Sara, almost refusing to make eye contact, “I…. I was an Orphan… We never had any of this where I grew up….” It was a rare sight to Suzu, who felt enough trust to open up at least a bit of her past to her new meister, at least she was trying…

Sara let Suzu go as she transformed, and her ears fell sideways as she listened to the girl before her explain something crucial about her history. An orphan. That must not have been fun. "Oh, I guess the orphanages for humans aren't all that great compared to the werewolf ones. That sucks. I wish I could understand that more, but thank you for opening up about it. If you want to talk more about it on a later date when you get more comfortable, I'm all ears." Her voice was unusually quiet, as if the history of Suzu's was too important to hear outside of their duo. She still held her smile, though it was more sympathetic.

Hearing the fact that Sara had been in a orphanage for her own kind had brought at least some comfort to Suzu, strength in the idea that she wasn’t the only one… If only she weren’t as misguided, she would have understood what Sara had actually said… Instead, she simply wished to at least have something else in common with her meister… Thus, she held onto the idea, even though it wasn’t the right one…

"But hey, let's not worry about that right now. It may have been something you had to go through and it may have turned you into who you are now, but you can always come out of it a different person than what those bad experiences initially wanted."

Drawing her from the thought, Suzu nodded to Sara, she wanted to get better, and it appeared Sara shared that same mentality, “T-Thank you, Sara…” Those were the few words she could find in herself, forcing the words past her cheeks, flushed with a reddish colour.

Sara's tail wagged faster and her ears pointed back after hearing Suzu's gratitude, feeling rather accomplished. "Now," with a growing grin and a competitive furrow of her brow, she pointed through the glass door of the cafe, over Suzu's shoulder. "Our first mission is to get a milkshake you will like." Grabbing a hold of Suzu's wrist, she barged her way into the cafe. While she wasn't too fast in her movements, it was common for those Sara was dragging to lose their footing. Either way, Sara hadn't lost her consideration yet, as she made sure Suzu didn't fall.

Keeping pace with Sara was… Difficult to say the least, for Suzu, who hadn’t much athleticism in her already, yet she managed to keep pace, albeit barely, due in part to Sara making sure she didn’t cause the poor bell to stumble over her own feet. Though she kept pace, it certainly felt like a harder walk than it could have been for Suzu.

The cafe's interior held a modern and simplistic style, the floors being a checkered white and black and the walls being a grey scale of stripes. The furniture were geometric in shape, the black tables either sporting monochrome, striped booths and a set of black chairs or were taller and had a couple taller chairs. The lights that hung had skulls that shed light through the opening of the jaw. Each of the tables had a cutesy skull with little flowers within the pot inside the skull that sat in the middle. The cafe wasn't too busy as it was the pocket between breakfast and lunch times, and the counter held a glass display case that held breakfast options and treats like muffins, crepes, ham crescents, cookies, brownies, fudge, and little square cakes. A menu hung from the ceiling above the counter, the words written in chalk. Smoothies, milkshakes, coffees and lattes, even Italian soda and regular soda were offered as beverages. There were even more breakfast, sandwich, and dessert options written in print.

Sara, still holding onto Suzu's wrist, walked a bit slower now as she walked up to the front of the counter. A cashier who looked to be around their age with red, curly hair and bright green eyes, wearing the black and white skull uniform of the cafe, waved to the two.

"Allie! How are you?" Sara suddenly said, waving excitedly at an apparent friend of her's.

"Oh! Hey, Sara. It's been off and on. Who's this?" Allie regarded Suzu with kind, intrigued eyes, wondering what poor soul Sara dragged with her today.

"This is Suzu, my new Weapon partner." Sara's voice grew quiet just as she got even more high-pitched, squealing in excitement. Her friend gave her a raised eyebrow, having remembered Sara's previous Weapon.

"What about-"

Just as soon as Allie began speaking, it seemed like Sara knew this question was coming. "Oh, don't worry about Noah. He's got new partners now, too. We both decided it would be better to be with new peeps anyway because new friends and it would be selfish of me to keep to my usual circle of friends and care about only them."

Allie just sighed, chuckling. "Gurl, you're going to burn yourself out."

"Nonsense. Anyway, before I forget, we gotta get milkshake samples." As Sara continued, her voice quieted a little. Letting go of Suzu's wrist, she drew closer to the counter. "She's never had one, and I wanna see which one she likes best."

Allie raised an eyebrow before smiling wide. "Oh, okay. It's one of those situations. Don't worry, I got you, boo." With a little wink, she held up a finger. "Give me a minute. I will make tiny cups for you both. It'll be a minute because there's twelve cups, but she can't be missing out on the sweet goodness that is a milkshake. It'll cost some, but shhhh, I'll just pay for it myself."

"No, you don't have to do that." Sara gasped and got really quiet. "No, I will pay-"

"I insist." Allie stated her finality at the debate and Sara clasped her hands together over her chest with big amber eyes, Allie grinning adoringly from the sight.

"Thank you so much, Allie. You're sweet." Sara turned on her heel as Allie turned to make the cups and grabbed a hold of Suzu's hand. "Come on, let's go sit in a booth or something. Get comfy while we wait."

Suzu had stood quietly during the conversation between Sara and the cashier girl, Allie, while they spoke, Suzu’s eyes set about the room, slowly changing from the deep violet that is present in a lower light to crimson as her gaze slowly came to the windows, where the sunlight filtered in. Taking in the room for a moment, the bell asked herself how she got here, but, that question remained unanswered, as her wrist was taken by Sara again, approaching a booth, before sitting without much resistance, while it wasn’t fully obvious, Suzu felt somewhat overwhelmed by the cafe, which, kept her voice from reaching past her chest…

Sara had noticed Suzu was incredibly silent as they sat in the booth. Looking over Suzu's face, she laid the side of her own head against folded up arms on the table to get a better view. Her ears can pick up her heartbeat if she focused, but her pulse rate wasn't completely out of the ordinary. Turning on her soul smell ability, she can smell what seemed to be burnt oil, as if a machine was overworking. Sara blinked a few times, realizing Suzu was overwhelmed. Maybe the place was too much? Maybe it was her conversation with Allie? Maybe it was too new? She didn't know. All she knew was her partner wasn't doing well. Putting a comforting hand on her back and rubbing up and down, the sincere care in her tone made her sound soft, smooth, and quiet. "Hey, Suzu. You alright? It's okay, you know. If you don't like something, tell me, and I'll do what I can to change it."

Letting her eyes roam further, Suzu could feel her mind scramble, this was so out of place for the reclusive Suzu, she wasn’t one to eat out, nor really go out past to and from the DWMA, and maybe the many convenience stores and grocers when she ran out of food. But this, this was different, especially when she considered Sara next to her, who seemed natural here.

Jumping at the presence of something on her back, Suzu turned to Sara, whose words lingered in the air for a moment, while the back rub helped, she still could feel her words tangle themselves in her chest, “I… I’m… F-fine… J-just n-not used to…. A-all this…” Turning her gaze to the table, Suzu could feel herself slowly wishing to retreat to her own mental shell, yet, she wasn’t letting herself do so… Though, she would need some time to reset… This wasn’t the time nor place…

Sara didn't flinch away when Suzu jumped, that just made her double down on comforting her. This was a lot, and it seemed like her partner hadn't been given too much comfort from others either. That meant comforting her was going to probably have the opposite effect if she wasn't careful. Sara giggled at her response, finding it a little endearing even though it was at Suzu's own expense. "Hey, that's okay. I'm pretty extroverted, but did you know I would sometimes get stage fright? I'm over it now, but public speaking was the worst. Always got super scared anytime I had to speak in front of my class, and that's because I was afraid of people ridiculing me because I didn't know how to handle it or fight back. I just started fueling myself with positive things from the crowd to ignore the bad. Before I did that though, whenever I get overwhelmed, I'd hug my tail." She wagged her fluffy tail before pointing it at her. "If ya want, you can hug my tail. Gives you something to get lost in and calm down with. Maybe ground yourself with. You can forget it's connected to me. I'd sometimes forget it's my tail and not some plush." Sara giggled at that, wagging her tail at Suzu.

As Sara rubbed Suzu’s back, she spoke of her trials of being overwhelmed in front of her classes, and how she dealt with it by using her tail to ground herself… Unfortunately, Suzu has no fluffy tail to use. However, Sara had offered hers, which… Was strange to Suzu, someone offering a part of their body like it was a teddy bear… However, the offer did get something out of Suzu, a tense laugh, while she hadn’t fully gotten from her overwhelmed state, it helped that Sara was at least reaching out, “I… Don’t think…. Your tail would be necessary… I… Just need a moment…. To process…” Following those words, came a meek smile, she was still feeling overwhelmed, but, at least was trying to seem normal….

Sara's offer had gotten her a laugh. Well, it was a forced laugh, and it didn't last long, but it was one nonetheless. She smiled wide, which didn't falter as Suzu denied the offer. Her tail just wagged towards her weapon partner. Hey, and she even got a smile from it, too! Which also seemed forced, but that was okay. That meant Sara was getting Suzu to use up energy in an uncomfortable setting while she was overwhelmed. That was amazing to her. She put her tail back behind her as she continued smiling at Suzu. "Okay, but if you need it, the offer is always there. I love hugs and snuggles too, so if you need some of that, I can provide. I'm basically a teddy bear. If it's a mental process you need, I'll give it. By… Trying to be silent. Or drone on about something that doesn't matter so you have some background noise to tune out and process better. Whichever the case, I can do." Sara's constant energy seemed to never abate as she talked. In fact, it more seemed like she was trying to keep the wave of excitement back with flood gates Sara wasn't sure if it would hold.

“I… I should be fine…” replied Suzu, who took a deep breath, her forced smile fading from her lips, her eyes closed for a moment, taking in the momentary silence between her and Sara. The most she did was focus on the sounds around her, the lack of voices aided, as her ears picked up the sounds of the blender, the cars outside, even her own and Sara’s breathing. It helped her regain her composure, albeit it was not much, taking another moment to take another breath and keep listening, if only to just do the same thing her therapist had said to do… Allow one sense at a time to adjust, starting with what overwhelms the most, and go from there, all the noise had thrown Suzu out of order, she wasn’t the best in social situations, especially when it came to being in public, however, this helped. Eventually, her eyes opened once more, as she felt a bit calmer for the moment… Though deep down, she wanted to go home so bad…

It was very difficult, but Sara managed to stay silent. She watched Suzu for a bit, making sure she was okay as she seemed to get acclimated to the environment. Out of impulse, Sara drummed a finger against her arm and her leg bounced as her tail stilled. She desperately wanted to do something! But she couldn’t make Suzu uncomfortable or else they would never resonate. Or at least that’s the drama queen thoughts that swirled in her head. She looked over when she saw Suzu’s eyes open up and Sara’s tail began wagging again in anticipation. With a quiet squeak of her voice, she looked up at Suzu from her head rest, pupils like adorable saucers. “You better now?” Her tail wagged faster.

“A… A bit… Yeah…” As those words escaped her lips, Suzu’s ever changing eyes soon turned and met Sara’s, altering with the light behind her, where they appeared a bloody crimson this morning, they now had a deeper, more violet colour.

“Pretty eyes…” Sara blurted in awe, before she gave Suzu a sheepish smile. “You really do have pretty eyes. Albino eyes are so cool.” Sara hoped this didn’t undo whatever Suzu had done earlier, but she couldn’t help herself.

“W-Wait, you’re… Not… Bothered by them? M-most are…. Freaked out by them… E-... Especially… In the light….” Suzu’s gaze soon turned from Sara, and back towards the table, as the embarrassment welled up in her chest again.

“Why would I be bothered by pretty reds and violets? I think you got really unique and pretty eyes. If people get freaked out by them and have that big of a problem with it, then they aren’t your kind of people anyway. That’s their problem to figure out, not yours.” While a bit of that was true, there were those people who would still be her kind of people and still be freaked out by the eyes, something Sara had forgotten about in lieu of making Suzu feel better. “Besides, red happens to be my favorite color. As well as blue. And purple and green.” Sara stopped herself from rambling her list of favorite colors as she sheepishly smiled again.

She wasn’t wrong, and Suzu knew it, there were going to be some, who, didn’t fear the red eyes of Suzu’s, it also seemed to be her favourite colour from what Sara had said, yet, Suzu still felt the embarrassment come forth, she wasn’t used to unconditional affection and compliments, and it showed, “T-t-thank you….” Muttered the bell, who slowly was getting used to this.

With a little giggle, Sara sat up and beamed at her now embarrassed friend. “You’re welcome~” with a bit of a sing-song tune to it. At this time, Allie came by with a tray of cups. Twelve small cups with straws in total, each with one of the milkshake options that were on the menu. Sara beamed up at her cashier friend with a huge smile as Allie set down the tray for the two. “Thaaank yooouuu.”

“You’re welcome, Sara. Nice to meet you, Suzu. I’ll get out of your guys’ hair in a second.” Once Allie got all the cups in front of them, she took the circular tray and moved back to behind the counter.

Sara pulled one that looked to have strawberry bits in it and put it in front of Suzu, pushing the straw towards her. “Try it. This one’s one of my favorites.” Sara said excitedly in a hushed tone, getting antsy as she bounced in her seat.

Reaching for the pink cup, Suzu pressed her lips to the straw, what followed was indescribable to the bell, the taste of strawberries was prevalent, along with the ice cold feeling of what she guessed was ice cream. It was odd to her, as it felt more edible with a spoon rather than a straw, akin to how ice cream was. Pulling herself away, Suzu set the drink back to the table, as the chill caused a small tremble to spread through her body, it was definitely something she was going to have to get used to…

“Did you like it?” Sara had been staring at Suzu a bit too long as she waited for her reaction. “It might be a bit strong in the beginning, but it’ll be sooooo good when you get used to it. Just don’t drink it too fast or else you get a brain freeze.” Sara sheepishly chuckled at that, having prior experience.

“I… Think…?” Replied Suzu, as she looked at the cup, “I… Have no idea…. How to describe this…” Her knuckle came to her lips for a moment, as she tried to process what she thought, as, she was quite lost, this was a wholly new experience to her, and it would easily show on her face.

Sara giggled again, finding her trying to make sense of this new experience kind of funny. “Oh, don’t think about it too hard. It’s an experience you just let yourself melt into and enjoy. There’s not much thought that needs to go into it besides if it makes you feel good and if it tastes good.” Sara tried her best to reassure her weapon, but she didn’t know if Suzu would be able to do as she said as it was all new to her.

Sara’s response prompted a head tilt from Suzu, “I..I’m not sure what you mean…” She didn’t feel like she was overthinking the milkshake, but… Was she? That brought into question for her, if she was overthinking everything, and causing a small spiral within Suzu’s mind, as she quickly began to overthink overthinking…. Again.

Sara poked Suzu on the shoulder gently, figuring that she was now overthinking as she’s seen that look before. “Heyyyyy, it’s okay. What I mean is no thoughts are necessary beyond what you enjoy about it and what you don’t enjoy about it. So, tell me, what do you like about it and what do you not like about it? We can start from there.” Sara wanted to help Suzu, thinking this was the best way to go about this whole overthinking business. Maybe a focal point worked, but this was a trial and error guessing game on how Suzu best worked.

It would take some time, with all of the flavours one could ever hope and dream of, for Suzu to figure out what she liked, while she wasn’t too big on some, others stood out, however, one flavour had gotten her approval; Simple Vanilla. Deep down, Suzu wasn’t so sure why, it was so muted in comparison to the other flavours, simple and plain… Yet, that’s what allowed the bell to enjoy it the most, as it didn’t try to overwhelm her senses, while it kept its sweetness and taste. However, her thoughts were washed away by a loud “BOOOOP” followed by a quieter “Message” after a small pause. Only but a few seconds later, her phone buzzed silently, as Sara reached for her phone, so did Suzu. As both would read the message from Zelda:

Sender: Zelda Zemo
Subject: New Homework - No Deadline
Soul Spaces, or Soul Rooms, are reflections of who you are within the core of your soul. You normally find this place as a Weapon resonating with a Meister, if you’ve done any Sound Mind Training - or Calm Mind Training - or if you’ve done so as an extracurricular activity within your EAT classes. Some of you may already have seen your Soul Room. Either way, we would like you to enter it and familiarize yourself, so we may discuss Calm Mind Training on a later date. It’s a personal process done with meditation in a quiet space, mind uninhibited by substances but maybe that of burning incense. You have to be true to yourself, or else it will be considerably more difficult, if not impossible, to find it. Some of you may even be uncomfortable with your Soul Space, but you must power through. Once you’ve done this, please send one of us a text message that you’ve entered your Soul Room, and we’ll discuss after everyone has done so. There is no deadline for this as of yet, so you have enough time as you need until we make a deadline. If you have any questions or concerns, contact one of us.

Sara was elated that Suzu had found her milkshake of choice, but was quickly pulled away as she looked over the message. So, that’s what the new assignment was. Soul Spaces? She technically knew what hers looked like thanks to Noah, but she’s never actually gone into it before. She should probably figure that out, huh? After reading it over, she quickly got up and told Allie to get a vanilla milkshake and a strawberry one, with Allie nodding and getting them the cups. She made quick work of the milkshakes and Sara gave her the money for the two cups in exchange for the milkshakes. With a parting thank you, she set down a larger cup filled to the brim of Suzu’s vanilla milkshake in front of her and gathered all the smaller cups to throw away.

“Y-you didn’t have to…” Suzu protested, as she could feel the anxiousness well inside her, especially considering the kindness both Sara and Allie had shown.

Sara just grinned at Suzu, waving a hand nonchalantly to hopefully assuage any worries. “Oh, don’t worry. I certainly don’t mind, and it’s a gift to you. Now, let’s enjoy our milkshakes, yeah? We should probably get going before the lunch rush hits the cafe. It’ll be too noisy then.” Taking her milkshake in hand and pocketing her phone in her jacket, she waited with giddy patience with her tail wagging wildly for Suzu to get out of the booth and follow her. Clutching her milkshake, Suzu got up and followed closely by Sara as she made her way out of the cafe and back out into the streets of Death City.

Sara, making sure Suzu was directly next to her, walked with a pep in her step as they made their way back to the apartment. Which still held the brick historic look like the rest of the old portions of this city in its exterior and in some of their rooms. Only a few rooms had some more renovations to it to hold far stronger people, and it was primarily used by those who were students in DWMA, especially in EAT.

As Sara pushed her way through the door and held it open for Suzu to come through, she waved at the old crone as the receptionist before going upstairs, having finished half of her milkshake by now. Finally after what felt like comfortable silence for Sara, she spoke up as they were ascending up to the fourth floor. “Hey, Suzu. Got any cool games you play?”

“I… I do… M-mostly single player games… Like… Um…” Suzu paused for a moment, as she pondered her response, as she didn’t want to fully give Sara the idea she’s that much of a loner, or, enjoyed games that weren’t that popular. Taking another moment to recompose herself, she finally spoke once more, “E-ever play C-Crossbeat REV. Sunrise…?” And she went with a Rhythm game instead….

Sara had a look of interested surprise as Suzu said she mostly played single player games, butting in quickly without realizing Suzu had paused. “Ohhh, so do I.” Then Suzu said a rhythm game. Surprisingly, she had heard of it and she nodded quickly, excitement bubbling in her chest. “Ohhhh, yes I have. When Noah’s gotten bored with his JRPGs and strategy games, he tends to play some rhythm or music-oriented games. I think we got that one specifically for a console if I remember correctly. If not, we can always sneak onto Noah’s computer. He won’t mind.” Sara nearly rambled again, yet they made it to the fourth floor and she quickly walked up to her door, opening the door with her keys.

As Sara turned the handle and pushed, the door opened to a very large living space. Plain, light grey carpet stretched out throughout the open room, only stopping short in the kitchen hugging the left wall and around the island counter that paved way to white tile. The walls were plain off-white, pictures of Sara with friends and family lined the walls. Sara’s past partners even had pictures on the walls, with Noah’s being the most abundant. She even had a picture of Noah and his past Meister on the wall, wrapping arms around each other’s necks. The more plentiful pictures that weren’t of Sara’s friends or past partners were of Sara with her family, especially that of her parents and of her oldest brother, who held a similar hair color scheme to her, but his hair was far longer and braided.

There was no threshold or door that separated the open space most likely used for exercise, the kitchen, and living room space. The living room held a three-seat couch, a coffee table, an entertainment center against the wall with a flat-screen TV sitting, and consoles and their controllers sitting within the cubbies and shelves. Behind the couch in a little alcove held a wide, curved desk that held three monitors on its surface, RGB synced gaming keyboard and mouse, and an RGB computer tower on a shelf underneath the table. The lights commonly glow in set intervals and at a gradient between green, blue, purple, and red before going back to green and repeating the cycle. From the door, a window and a sliding glass door with drapes pulled away showed the outside world and a fenced balcony that held a couple of chairs.

Next to the kitchen held a door to a small walk-in pantry that was open, and along the right wall held two doors. One furthest away from them had a warning sign that said “Keep Out!”, while the door closest to them held a collage of sticky notes that had random quotes from Sara herself or those of her friends she really liked.

There didn’t seem to be any bathrooms, but it’s safe to assume the bathrooms were connected to the bedrooms.

Hurriedly crossing the large space to the living room and then to Noah’s gaming alcove, she quickly sat in his wheelie grey office chair and began accessing his computer, knowing the password to login by heart. Once she did so, several standard display and gaming icons appeared on the left side. A desktop background with a video game character he liked appeared, the man giving the viewer a side-eye with a confident smirk.

Huh, no wonder that made Noah weak, even if he may not have any outward attraction towards the man that was obvious.

Either way, she double clicked on his gaming folder and a window popped up to show a whole slew of games. Including console-only games that he emulated on his computer. “So, what was that thing called again?” She asked, scrolling through slowly to try and find the rhythm game. Sensing some bit of anxiety about being on Noah’s computer (or maybe she was just projecting), she tried to reassure Suzu (or herself). “He doesn’t care if we play games on his computer. He actually gave me permission to and, if I wanted to, share it with others. So he won’t be mad. If anything, he’ll be glad that his computer gets some use when he’s away.”

The truth was, Noah didn’t really give Sara permission to share it with anyone else, but she was sure Noah wouldn’t really care or mind it that much anyway. What he didn’t know couldn’t hurt him.

Entering the apartment was… Different, it felt so close to home, yet, it wasn’t. As close as Sara’s apartment was to her own, it was dramatically different. Sara’s apartment looked and even felt like someone lived there, that people could laugh and be happy in, while Suzu’s… In comparison, gave the feeling of death, much akin to her feelings, almost as much as her Soul Space, dark, and with the stagnant air of decay, like someone hadn’t cared one bit to tend to anything. As Suzu’s eyes gazed around, it showed that Sara was rather sentimental with her pictures, friends, family, even past weapons had their pictures along the wall, each one all the way to Noah, who seemed to have the most images, even with his other meister.

It was strange to Suzu, for one to have images of their past partners like this. It didn’t seem… Normal to her, whether it was a sign of Sara’s good heart, her lack of resentment, or, if it was Suzu expecting the same things she had gone through to be shared with others, and seeking acceptance… The last thought struck a nerve, as, her inner monologue had gone silent on that thought, as it lingered well over her, repeating itself over and over. How often had Suzu been abandoned, cast aside, despised? Each of her previous meisters hated her in one way or another, some, for her weapon form, others, her wavelength, and another… Was simply just her, they hated her entirely… Then came another question, how long was she going to take, before Sara hated her? How long before she was discarded for a better weapon?

However, Sara’s voice broke through the spiral, and though her face would read neutrality, her eyes would say it all, the pain she felt, the anxiety and fear that rested deep down, hesitant for a moment, Suzu took a moment to process the question, and reassurance, “O-oh, ano…” Taking a breath, Suzu collected what she could of herself, “C-Crossbeat Sunrise… Though… I-it’s okay… I-If you don’t have it… As her voice shrank, she could feel herself do so as well, then again, it was natural for someone like her, as this was a rare occurrence for her to go to someone else’s home, or even hang out with another…

Sara sniffed.

Right before she found the rhythm game, she could smell the saltiness in the atmosphere of Suzu’s very soul, as if she were close to tears or currently upset about something. She looked over to her partner, who sounded so quiet as she shrank away. Her face said nothing, but her eyes. Her eyes screamed at her. They were the same eyes Noah had sometimes, but less broken. Noah had mean eyes, the kind of eyes that held a stone wall anytime anyone tried to look through, but you can see the pain behind them. With Suzu’s it was clear as day. She didn’t know why she was suddenly upset, but she wanted to get to the bottom of it quickly before it got any worse. She’s tried having some of her past friends be pulled away from their sorrows, but it only exacerbated the feelings later. For Noah, he preferred not thinking about it and doing something else, occupying his mind and time until he was prepared to deal with the mess.

With Suzu, she didn’t know if she would ever be prepared to face it. She wanted to show her new partner that this was how she was going to be all the time. She wanted to set a precedent of her kindness and by Death if she doesn’t, she’d rather not be an agent.

Finding the game and double clicking on it, she spun to face Suzu as she waited for the game to load. Leaning forward with her elbows propping her upper body up on her knees, her tail stilled as she regarded the purple-eyed woman with a tilt of her head. “Suzu? What’s wrong? It smells like you’re about to cry and I would like to know if you’re okay. Besides, uh…” She scratched the back of her head and chuckled. “We are partners now. If we aren’t exactly open with each other, it’ll be difficult to connect. Plus,” She beamed at Suzu before continuing. “I like you. You’re a sweetheart, and us sweethearts gotta stick together.” She looked Suzu dead in the eyes, unflinching in her kind gaze. “Won’t you tell me what’s going on? Maybe I can help with whatever you’re dealing with. Like I said earlier,” She grinned with a cheeky, confident smile. “I gotta help get your soul space all fixed up and less dilapidated looking. It looks like no one cares about it anymore, not even yourself. So, I’m going to do what I can to help you, even if it may not be obvious right now.” Her words held a righteous promise, a compassionate ambition to help pull whatever dark pit Suzu and those in her past had dug for her.

Of course, she felt like she overdid it, as she didn’t think Suzu would respond well or at least respond in a way that wasn’t ‘get away’. Her anxieties took hold and she watched Suzu closely for any response, even in the scent of her soul, to make sure she didn’t just overdo it.

Taking a breath, Suzu tried to recollect herself, following her breath with another, simply breathing for a few moments, collecting her thoughts, bringing her hands to her chest, balling her fingers up, crossing her thumbs, a sign of her discomfort, she never felt safe enough to open up to anyone, always concealing, always hiding her truth from all… Even herself, shrinking further, all Suzu wanted to do was hide in her bed, and likely shelter herself from the world under her covers…

“Go on, run away like you always do…” Echoed her mind, “You never wanted help before, why start now? You’re just going to drive her away like everyone else.”

It was apparent Suzu was… In her own mind for a moment, as her eyes left Sara’s quickly, covered by her hair as her head turned directly to the ground, as if she were trying so damn hard to seem normal, and hide the deep cracks that represented her shattered confidence… Despite her resolve shown, speaking of it, and actually putting it into practice were two different beasts all together, and the latter, Suzu had little experience in, be it her lack of support, or her flatly giving in, allowing herself to be swallowed by her pain…

Despite this, Sara still seemed to want to reach out, try to help Suzu, much like everyone else had tried and failed, yet, Sara’s felt… Genuine, like she cared, or, at the least, knew what it was like to be there, swallowed by the depths of her mind, drowning in the darkness that was her own psyche… The bell had seen that firsthand, out in the field, before she rang, clearing the air for all… Another deep breath, she needed just an ounce of courage, at least something to give her that ability to speak up, to throw away her fear that, if she opens up, that Sara wouldn’t just abandon her like some of the others…

“Breathe…. One step at a time” Echoed her mind once more,

“I-…. It’s… A long… Story…” With those words, came the first step, ”I… Saw the pictures… And… It brought back some memories… Of past meisters… How they gave up on me… And…” Another proverbial step came forward, Suzu seemed to be getting somewhere, “And… I feared…. You would do the same… Or… End up like… My first meister…” Just mentioning that, brought the tears forth from her eyes, as the steps Suzu had taken led her right off the pier she was precariously walking along, and back into the endless waves of her own negative outlook…

Sara saw how much Suzu shrank from her, but she held resolute that Suzu would soon come to say what was on her mind. In time, she did after taking a breath. It seemed that Sara had done her best in getting Suzu to at least hold onto hope that someone did indeed care about her. So when it came to the reasons as to why Suzu was upset, why she was scared, Sara’s ears fell to the sides and stared at her sweetly with a sympathetic smile. Standing up from the chair, she pulled Suzu into another hug, wrapping her arms around her neck and nuzzling her face into her shoulder, her tail hanging limply.

“I understand. You don’t want to be abandoned anymore. I thought, for a time, that when I was sick with MIBVI that my own family would abandon me. But because they took me back and showed me the kindness I was paranoid of losing and thought I had lost, I want to share it with everyone. I promise you this now.” Pulling away from Suzu and resting a hand on Suzu’s heart, and taking Suzu’s hand to rest it on the werewolf’s chest over her own heart, she recited a sort of promise. “Through trials and tribulations, over obstacles and dark voids, I - a werewolf - make this promise to you that you have my undying protection and loyalty. I will never abandon you, I will never give up on you. You are just as much a part of me now as much as my ears and tail are a part of my body. We are partners, which means you can share your burdens with me. We are friends, which means I’ll support you and are a part of my pack. It’s okay to show your true colors with me, because I sure as hell am going to show my true colors to you, too.”

As she finished, she held Suzu’s hand, clutching it in her own as she removed her other hand from her heart and patted Suzu’s head with it. “Us werewolves have strong familial core values.” She then retracted her hand from Suzu’s head and held Suzu’s hand in yet another, holding it closed as if to protect it. “What I just did was form a unique promise to you, one where I’m bound to follow through with my life. It may sound like just words to you, but to us werewolves - at least those who practice it within the Vena Clan like myself and my family - this is a binding pact we make of our own volition to put meaning behind our every action later for those we give this promise to. Even those within our pack receive something similar to this without such a vocal promise, but we do this specifically for those who need reassurance about our ways and who are our top priorities. I have only done this with one other person, and that’s Noah.” She gave Suzu an easy smile, one with ambition and determination as it reflected like a fire within her amber eyes. “You are my second Weapon - no… Second person, I’ve ever done this for. You are my Weapon, my partner, my friend, and nothing will make me feel happier than to see you smile and enjoy yourself again.” Then she giggled, trying to make this entire situation more lighthearted to make Suzu stay less out of the dark pit Sara had an inkling she fell into. “But obviously, that’s going to take awhile. But I’ll be right there with you every step of the way, even if you need to take those steps by yourself. And you don’t have to worry too much about me. I have half the physical prowess of a full transformed werewolf, and that’s not including the Wavelength Amplification I can do or even the resonance we can achieve.” After winking at her, Sara then watched Suzu closely, making sure Suzu didn’t get scared away from such a duty-bound proclamation to do- well… A lot for her.

As a small moment of silence lingered, as Suzu kept herself from crying a moment earlier, as Sara hugged the bell, while it hadn’t the effect that Emira’s hug had, it at least helped, and then the oath she had given… It was a lot to take in at once, Sara had promised to protect her, as have so many others… Promised not to abandon Suzu, as have so many others… Each of her promises, while they meant well, and gave Suzu that faint sense of hope, couldn’t still the rock that seemed to hit her stomach, Suzu had heard it all… And every time it had failed in some way, some shape, and some form. While the bell wished to cling to the last shreds of hope, that realism set in, pairing itself with the fear that she had, how long was it to be before Sara walked back her promise?

Yet, Sara seemed wholesome, from how she had said it, to the immediate aftermath, Sara seemed to believe herself, and had the will to put it to action. A breath escaped Suzu, breaking the silence, “I…” She wanted to speak, yet, the words escaped her, instead, Suzu found herself hugging into Sara tighter, nuzzling her face into Sara’s shoulder, letting out some of the emotion she bottled in, it hadn’t been much time since her breakdown with Emira, her body still felt sluggish since then…

Embracing the moment, Suzu could feel the waves of emotion clear, as there was a release with them through the hug. An embrace did quite a lot for the emotional state of the bell, who took another deep breath, “I… I’m sorry….” As those words left Suzu’s lips, she took another deep breath, centering her body, “I… There’s…. A lot of pain…. I have felt…. But…” Her words stopped once more, as Suzu tried to get an idea of how she wanted to phrase it, “I… I’ll try…. To share my burden… As… We’re partners…”

Sara can smell the fear, the hope radiating from her. She seemed unable to speak as she hugged Sara tighter and all the werewolf did was hold her tighter, allowing her to rest against her shoulder and use her as a sort of anchor. As Suzu finally spoke, Sara smiled sweetly, patting the back of her head in a comforting, soft manner. “I’m glad you agree. It’s hard to do something like this when everything inside is telling you that it will be like all the others. Trust me, I know what that's like. But I want to prove those tiny voices wrong. That someone does care." With a final squeeze, Sara pulled away a bit, beaming at Suzu with hands on her shoulders, her tail now wagging. "Besides, you are already doing so well right now. Baby steps. You are trying, and that's all that matters. Now, let's play a game, shall we?"

With that, Sara made sure the game was loaded properly and she gestured to the chair for her to sit in. "You may sit and play at your leisure. It's fun watching people play for me. I'm not that great at games, but I enjoy watching people regardless."

Once Suzu sat down, Sara reached around the center monitor and undid a latch, allowing the neck to be pulled forward. Once the monitor sat in front of Suzu in a slanted position and as Sara moved away the keyboard and mouse, she locked the monitor in place.

Patiently waiting for the monitor to be adjusted to its position, taking a breath, she began the game, her thin fingers gently tapping along the monitor, soon enough the bell adjusted herself in her chair, allowing for a better posture while playing. Scrolling through the many songs the game had gave her a little bit of information Suzu needed, the input delay. Once she had that down, Suzu picked a song, on its hardest difficulty. As the game’s sounds came to life, it soon faded into silence, before music came, followed by the many taps as she began to hit the notes with relative ease.

While the song’s chorus began, laced within the music, was a voice that wasn’t of the game, hushed under Suzu’s own breath, was her own, singing gently with the song, as it was oft her escape from the hell she had experienced, a little bit of happiness that came from her childhood, a cherished memory forming another for the Bell, whose budding friendship with the Wolf had begun…

Suzu’s insane skill at the game was not the only thing that had Sara slack-jawed in awe.

Last edited:
1648679812100.png
Maria Mayer - DWMA HQ Library

Taking her time to look about the room it seemed she was neither first nor last, there were a couple of boys asides from the short one with the music player, they seemed to be in the process of one annoying the other, was he annoying him? Were they friends? They had red hair, was this the start of a conflict in which only one could be left? At least the skin tone and the fact one had a dead eye sat them apart. Both seemed out of place to be of the magical sort, she felt something from them, all others in this room in fact, the tale tell impressions of the arcane, pausing for a bit she wondered if she should broaden her fields of study, but quickly turns her attention towards the other in the room, a male that was barely taller than herself if she had to guess, he seemed to be a delinquent, with his manner of pose and poor posture, she was starting to think she had the wrong room...

However, soon enough more were to show. First a redhead... How amusing, they seemed to be multiplying, Maria thought to herself. Carrying a fair number of boxes, Maria was unsure what to make of them, though unlike her, this girl seemed to have known a lot of them and had brought them.. Food? Pausing at that, she sat her suitcase on the table in front of herself and grabbed one of the bento boxes, as she grabbed one for a missing other. Ignoring that for the time being, she carefully grabs one of the boxes, holding it up and examining it. Twisting and turning, she opened it and looked at the contents, this was much different than the food she had before, in a manner it was very cute in a way? The taste did not matter too much, so long as it was filling and not terrible, then it was all fine. Either way though she wasn't going to eat it just yet, putting the lid back on she giggles and holds her right hand over her face, the fingers spread around her left eye and her thumb just resting below her nose. "Eheheheh!"

This one, who was she? It was then that a white... Oh, A white haired woman? "The chain lies broken.." She said to no one in particular. Letting her gaze glance at the other, it seemed she was studying them all in turn, though she had nothing to say and Maria did not see the need to break that.

Next however came the one the red head girl was looking for. And Maria did recoil slightly in disgust upon seeing her. A woman with clothing that gave off the feelings of her mushrooms, cold, damp and mildew. The natural enemy to any woodsman worth their salt, even just a little of the mold that gave rise to Fungi could be a threat to her beloved creations and workshop, for the clean dressed and meticulous Maria, this was all the stranger. While her body movements may have shown some signs of her thoughts they were subtle as she naturally seemed to move out of the way, her face impassive with no noticeable change from a blank bored expression. At least she proved somewhat useful, she named the other girl, Koiya it seemed... What an unusual name, Japanese? It reminded her of Koi fish that she heard of before.

"Ah." With that she takes a place at the table and pulls a block of wood from one of her belt pouches and took a knife in her free hand, setting the suitcase down, while the shorter boy was proving something of an annoyance, she sat about carving into the wood, she would make a trinket for the food bringer and fitting to name it would be a statuette of a koi fish. The form already set in her mind.

Carving away she stopped as yet another red head turned up... This one looked the most delinquent of them all and was seemingly the worst of the lot, the faint smell of a smoker which displeased her was carried by the wind. However even from here it was easy to tell her red was very far from natural... Looking at the two males from her entrance, she was wondering if that were the case for one of them as well.

Then the new delinquent seemed intent on marking territory in a manner, and time was still passing, in which turn the shorter male turned up his music even more. The sounds of which being abhorrent to herself, she silently gripped her wood carving knife, holding it in a reverse grip as she gathered her thoughts. And there was the issue of the two before, one of whom was named Ark. And the delinquent was showing herself to be brash and arrogant, then there was the mushroom witch, the shorty with a disability towards his hearing, the coffee drinker that seemed intent on just watching, the poor stuttering girl...

This was all a bit too much and she wanted nothing more but to get up and walk out of the door, to head back to the sanctuary that was her workshop, but she had to be here.. She couldn't just run again, but she couldn't decide what to do with all this, and so she did nothing, but hold her knife, calmly and silently as it bit and scratched into the wood every so often, eyes narrowed as she did so... People were always so exhausting, yet even so, her face did not change.

Mentions: Everyone present
Interactions: Technically no one but open remarks made.

Last edited:
Adrasteia Chandrice

If I don’t go he will bust my fucking door down and I DON’T need my social worker or land lord asking me why it would be broke. The guy is certainly a fucking pain….

She sighed as she made her way to the point of interest, her eyes set mostly on the ground as the rain hit her bright yellow rain poncho. She didn’t hurry for sure, but she would be damned if she was going to be late. No, this was mandatory, and any ideas of straying were just because she would have to deal with her ‘partner’ again.

He may be decent at arcade games but he still is annoying.

She thought back to him keeping up with her, a vein bulging slightly on her forehead as her blood pressure rose at the memory. It was all so…. Annoying. Her mind lingered on this, her eyes only looking up when she heard Zosar’s voice, her yellow eyes rolling at his tease. She didn’t bother responding to it, instead letting him walk alongside her.

Glad I chose my poncho…. I didn’t want to share an umbrella of mine or be under his…. And looks like he might have done that. Good call me.

As they arrived her eyes scanned the room, checking on those who had arrived and would arrive as she took off and hung her poncho near the door. Her outfit matched her mood, simple fitting jeans and a hooded sweatshirt with death’s skull plastered on the front of the black attire. Midori was there, his silhouette unable to be missed by her eyes due to their history. Next was Emira, the one person she supposedly would be working with alongside Zosar. Seemed like a nuisance, but the girl didn’t seem to be an issue for her. Then there was the damp kid, Azariah, and the vampire Jarvis who had interacted with her briefly during the football game. The two of them seemed… weirdly in sync. Complimentary perhaps… but she couldn’t place her finger on it and dared not say anything she didn’t know about. Lastly was Adrian, the Bastard who ended the game early by trying to cheat.

Yeah she wasn’t to pleased still about that. As she sighed she heard Zosar speak to her, offering coffee. She had almost enough time to turn and raise an eyebrow at him before Emira commented on it. The idea was slightly soured, the word ‘gentlemanly’ giving her a gross feeling. It was brief and soon repressed, shrugging. “Fine, Latte with double expresso shot. Vanilla is fine.

Her eyes then cast on the mission folders, her eyes skimming them. Her mood stabilized from sour to mellow once she saw these missions. It felt like she had been spinning her wheels for years, and now? She finally was looking at real missions. Progress.

Unfortunately they ranged from fetching animals to a doll exorcism to a fight against creatures with exoskeletons. Whips weren’t exactly great for shells after all.

I don’t care which we take really if it matters. The group can vote on it and I’ll go with what’s popular. I’m equally useful in all of these to be fair.” She shrugged, her mood still neutral. She may have felt relatively unenthused about the missions, but like she has thought before. Progress.

coded by: @s e v e n

Interacts: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Kyuubey Kyuubey
Mentions: Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Ark | DWMA | Library

Chats muted: 12.

Ark sighed. He had no time for that kind of nuisance. Group chats, thirteen different ones, over six different numbers, some still adding, had appeared on his Messenger. Only one of them had been from the two he'd actually intended to have his number.

And at the sense of someone else approaching him, Ark could not help but heave a tired mental sigh of anguish at whoever this might be that was approaching him, just from the simple glance at the smug expression on the redhead's face, Ark could already hear one of many questions he'd been asked before: "How's it feel having all that wonderful attention?"

To which if he didn't groan this time while saying it, he'd say: "Awful, I hate it." And that would've been the truth. I'm sick of taking credit for things that I didn't even do alone.

It was exhausting. So much so that when Raph had been talking to him- part of the conversation went into his ears but his brain chose not to process them into information he would or could understand. That was till:

--because you are a celebrity dealing with the nastiness of fame, I can help. Offer you my help just as long as I get a favor from you. Either way, you get a favor from me, even if you--

"Sorry lid, I preciate it" he said finally acknowledging what the mage in front of him was saying as he looked up from his phone screen to him, "but I'm not interested. I got dis covered, thanks." His tone relaxed, but clearly dismissive. He was shutting down any ideas before they could escalate into something more annoying. It had not been the first time someone had come up to him, tried to be buddy-buddy, and then slipped in something about saying a good word for him here or there with Meisters and Weapons or Mages he knew or had worked with in the past.

With that done, Ark went back to looking at his phone screen. Exiting the app, and moving to a browser. Any interest in conversing more had ended the moment Raph had started talking about getting and giving favors like some kind of business exchange. As if he didn't get the gravity of all their situations here. At least the mage with the headphones had the decency to remain on his own till their guardians showed up along with the rest of whoever else was supposed to be here.

Yet, what kind of behavior was he displaying here if he was trying to get back into the ranks, by dismissing someone who- possibly, hadn't meant anything ulterior.

He sighed. And that's when while looking at Raph he noticed the eye. On his face a look of concern crossed over, breaking away from the cold dismissal. Just as he was about to try and make up for his brief temper flare just now, someone else spoke up and caught his attention.

Lunches? he thought, just as the smell hit his nose. He turned around in his seat to look in the direction of the one whom had spoke and honestly found his eyes widening slightly.

Honestly, he hadn't expected that. The hesitance or perhaps it was just nerves he could see in her from the way she clutched her staff was telling, but the fact she made all these lunches...it was kind of touching. It made his surprised expression slip into something a bit warmer as he watched the exchange between the other redhead next to him- and the girl he seemed to have helped.

The toadstool / forest witch's input on the witch with the staff, prompted a response from Ark- but anything he was about to say, went out the window when he heard a particularly familiar voice.

His eyes snapped into the direction of the source, and almost instantly- he was on his feet.

"Iris?! What the--" His eyes were wide but then he paused, "sorry, give me a minute here." As he side stepped Koiya, the toadstool witch, and the redhead Raph was addressing. He glanced briefly at the new entree- the other woman, eyeing her for a moment before turning his attention back to Iris in full.

"Mighty surprised to see you here." He grinned, offering her his hand as he rose it in a sign to give him five. "It's good to see ya again!" He beamed. "Can't believe it's only been a day. And no, no" his eyes flicked over to Raph, "he wasn't bothering me. Just walked in and was having a bit of a conversation." snicker crossing his mug, "Although you, what, you follow me in here to see if you could still get that shot with me huh? Two days ago wasn't enough fun was it?" He asked with a teasing grin. "Alinta's still pissed at you for the record" he patted her on the back, though with his size and how large his hands were, it was more like a thump, even if he didn't put any weight to it, the pat still had some kind of oomph. "Thanks" he chuckled, "never seen her go this ballistic over a fight before."

Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Mineczka Mineczka RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Meredith Meredith

Interactions: Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Kyuubey Kyuubey

Zosar | DWMA | Coffee

It'd take being deaf in both ears to not notice the hint of jest in her tone, even if he could tell there was a pinch of sarcasm in what Emira was saying to Adrian upon their unified entry. At first he'd grinned, Emira's playful nature was showing and he found it charming. Reminded him a bit of a few others from his past.

Though what she said next, gave him pause.

The way she described his awareness of the terrain when speaking to Adrian about needing a guide, the way her eyes focused on him as she said it, set off something in his head that he decided to come back to later. He nudged the Autonomous Weapon as he passed with an elbow and smile, as if to suggest: 'hey if you ever need a guide to crazy places, I might be your free tour guide' though whether that would be obvious from the action of a head tilt and flash of a grin he shot the Weapon's way was pretty much up to chance. And given how few interactions he and Adrian had, he probably might not catch on.

And chance took a turn when his eyes went back to Emira to see the look she was giving him in the now. The immediate thought process was: why is she looking at me like that?

What had caused that sudden change of mood? Soul Perception, yielded nothing. He couldn't read her soul, and he was reminded of that with all those damned souls locked in place inside of her. He hadn't talked to Emira in a full day since that little meeting where he'd gotten a personal taste of her own little hell. Had Cyrus said something that warranted this change in mood? It seemed like such a sudden switch compared to yesterday when they'd parted on much better terms than had they never talked at all.

Focusing his attention on Adra just as she was responding, the meister moved to get his partner her drink. Deciding to dismiss his prospective partner for now.

He glanced over his shoulder to see just where Adra would sit at the table their two advisors had set up for them, in the process doing an eye sweep, which let him catch on to the fact that Emira was still watching him.

Unphased, but now thinking, he simply focused on the request Adra had made. Once he had her drink- nothing for himself, he didn't really want coffee right now and was more of a tea person anyway, he returned quickly- passed her the beverage- and than chose a seat across from where Emira was sitting. Intentional. Kept her within his peripherals as opposed to sitting aside.

She's still staring. He noticed.

His curiosity had been piqued.

Midori began speaking only after everyone was situated at the table and Zosar was keenly aware that his prospective partner's eyes were still on him throughout a part of the Hoshi's introduction to what they would be doing and what missions they had available. For now however, he ignored it, and focused on what Midori was saying. Paying attention to the task ahead of them was more important than figuring out why Emira was giving him such an intense look or why she'd gone out of her way to detail his understanding of the city layout in general when addressing Adrian.

By the time Midori was done explaining however, Zosar's mind couldn't help but return to how Emira had been so focused on him before. She was distracting him, and a part of him was getting annoyed with it.

He had thought Emira and him were alright, maybe not friends but there were reasons you stared at someone so intently like that. She came off as someone guarded, like Adra. Experience was the key here, he didn't need to know her life's story to know that like Adra, Emira too was a guarded person. He'd grown up as a child with other kids among the Enlighteners that were like that, and had been trained to try and help those very same kids that joined from broken homes, or fled with guardians or relatives into their ranks, to overcome their misfortunes. After all, mercenaries they may have become- monsters, they did not. While money was a necessity- they still held dearly the core aspect of DWMA, in that your allies, the people you fought with, were your friends, your family and when villainy was afoot, it required a firm stomping. And with a soul like hers, one that made touch pain, made contact cause such vivid phantom agony, he wondered if she was staring at him now because she was measuring him up now that time had passed to process everything. After all if she didn't have that Calm Mind Training- well, she'd probably be here- a FATE Agent, with them. It didn't take a psychologist to understand the impact a wavelength like that had on social relations in general, on top of the mental turmoil it would cause. Hell she'd probably have been the worst case out of them all. Little details from when they'd first met began to fit into place as he helped take the initiative and leaned over each folder.

He thought of looking her way, but decided not to. It would just be a tip off that he had noticed her staring. The thought did occur to him though, that from how she had spoken, that maybe it was just a hint that she had been paying attention to his background in general. After all, their advisors would be paying close attention to them, Cyrus had said they would be observing them- he had no doubt that every FATE Agent had an eye on them somewhere, depending on a individual case type of deal.

He was getting too distracted now though, it was time to focus. Whatever reasons she had for staring for so long, he could address later if it persisted during the mission.

Now it was time to choose. And Adra was the first to voice an opinion. Being so nearby her he didn't really have to use Perception to get a feel for what she was feeling, it was second nature at this point and he hardly needed to focus to activate it.

Reading through the missions with a skim of his eyes, Zosar took a second to weigh in on what Adra had said. Her lack of interest in any of the three had altered his tactic of approach. Where he'd usually discuss which of them was more appealing, the lack of interest in any meant it was more up to him- and if Adra lacked interest for these, he had to consider the possibilities as to why. It wasn't laziness, as she'd proven that by simply showing up and the lack of need for him to drag her here- so it had to be something else.

He stared at all three files in thought. The Shuumei one and the Porcelain Doll one were really the ones that had his interest. He wasn't sure about the Scorpion hunt. All of them may have passed the One Star test, but if they were to be hunting and killing multiple of these targets, he wasn't entirely certain if he wanted to participate in something like this. It had nothing to do with skill, and more to do with how difficult it could be with how Adra was still heavy for him to utilize effectively on the field. He could, he'd done it before but did he really want to test how strong they'd gotten in resonance in a situation where they'd have to be hunting and killing these creatures in general?

Most importantly, he didn't know how he'd work with the others in particular. Adrian's record, while understandably a mistake, was something that kept him wary. That tunnel vision was something he'd have to watch out for and help where he could. Azariah and Jarvis seemed fine together, but still, he had no real experience with them either. Midori and Emira could probably handle the mission themselves, but if they were chaperoning them that changed everything. If he couldn't be effective on the field with Adra, wouldn't that just hurt his chances at strengthening their bond when it was their first mission together? The last thing he wanted was to give her the impression he was incompetent.

So the Scorpion mission, for him at least, was ruled out. Jarvis, given his lackadaisical nature would probably lean towards whatever group vote was as well so it really cinched on him, Zari, and Adrian with Emira and Midori probably being the deal breakers.

That limited it to the pet hunt and the doll investigation. A few seconds of silence, and then Zosar tapped the doll mission. "This one might have something more to it than we know. My vote goes there." Speaking from experience here at least. "What say the rest of you?"

Interactions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Kyuubey Kyuubey Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Sybil Sybil

fdae61bdbe9be7d681df8fe4500ebda3--nata.jpg

Adrian Hackney

"The Maiden"

Species Human
Partner None
Rank Fate Agent

Location Death City, Hallowed Grounds
Mission First Mission
Status Energetic

Adrian was quite perplexed by the comment made by Emira. He wasn't late, just last. If he was lost, it was more so in his running than actually in the streets, although he may not have known precisely where he was at times... or most of the time. Adrian didn't run for the destination. He ran to feel his body move. The fluidity. The wind around him normally, but this morning the rain splashing against him. It was liberating. When he was really into it, Adrian would sometimes even scour buildings to run through some parkour, intentionally avoiding using Wavelength amplification for the natural feel of it.

Still, he didn't need to bring that up. The fact Emira looked like she was about to rip out Zosar's soul while showing him such concern was also off-putting. Adrian for the life of him couldn't understand the weird obsession some of the others had for her. Virgin or not, Emira seemed like a prime example of 'don't stick our dick in crazy' to him. The endearing tone of what she said didn't entirely mask this.

"I'll uh... try to be more aware. I don't think I need a guide, just better focus," Adrian responded, the best he could, really. He wasn't entirely sure how to politely decline, although he did his best. The fact was, when he was running, he liked to lose focus. Perhaps that was selfish of him in this instance, but he didn't exactly intend on stopping.

The next topic was from their mentor. Splayed in front of them were a set of folders apparently containing mission briefs. Adrian, still quite wet, reached over to pick one up, but didn't quite set yet.. Real missions, huh? That's what Midori got them. The first one seemed to be laughable, but given it was raining and this Shuumie cat had some intangible ability, it seemed more annoying than challenging. Might require some teamwork, but no real effort. Investigating dolls? A haunting? Personally, not to his own taste. Adrian was more of an up front kind of guy. Avoiding collateral damage wasn't up his alley. And... scorpions... he wasn't a fan. While the prospect of trying to compete over takedowns appealed to him, the specific target brought forth bad memories.

All in all, a bunch of shit options.

Adrian heard the comment from Zosar, but it didn't touch on his issues with any of the missions. None of the options looked good and the logic Zosar had for the doll mission was entirely lost on him. All of them could have something more to it than they knew. That's literally how Adrian fucked up on the scorpion mission. It's the nature of the game. Instead, Adrian decided to follow-up on what Adra was doing with her apathy, but a twist. Repay the kindness, in a way.

"Honestly, I don't like any of these missions. Delicates and scorpions aren't my thing, so I'd probably pick the cat just to avoid those," Adrian commented, this time in general. "That sounds like a waste of a vote, though. So if I'm going to waste a vote, maybe I should use it to get some insight," he explained, going over his rational for his next decision. "Emira, you seem to know Midori best. Which mission do you think would be the most interesting? I'm sure you know any tricks he might have slipped in," Adrian asked, requesting her input on the matter. She didn't have a vote, but she had an opinion, and knew their mentor intimately well, so if this was some test or trick, she would be the one to call it.

Last edited:

Sara, Suzu, Noah

Date: March 8, 2067
Time: Morning
Locations: Sara's and Suzu's Apartments
Collab with Mineczka
Mentions: Zelda, Team Stitches

It wasn’t long before Suzu had passed out for the night. Sara, thinking it rude to put Suzu on the couch, put her in Sara’s room in her own bed. Once Noah moves out as she knew he would, she’ll turn that room to Suzu’s room just for her. Speaking of Noah, he arrived later in the night. He noticed his computer was on, but didn’t think much of it as the entire Monday was taxing enough to not say anything but give Sara a pat on the head before he retired for the night.

That just left Sara to sleep on the couch in the living room. It didn’t matter. The couch was comfy enough to sleep for the night and close enough for her to get into the kitchen and cook a bunch of food for her new team.

As the next morning came, it was barely dawn when Sara stretched out, yawned, and hopped off the couch. She didn’t really care that she was in her clothes from yesterday. It was honestly a little normal, but she should shower before leaving anywhere. Instead, taking off her coat and just being in a black tank top, she set her coat on the high chairs at the kitchen island and began making a lot of food. Seasonings and ingredients littered the kitchen counter in a haphazard fashion that only made sense to Sara’s chaotic organization.

It was a la carte time.

Noah woke up to the smell of eggs and rice being made and wondered why she was making fried rice in the middle of the morning. Peering over at his clock, he noted it was 6am. Damn… He rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but found himself unable to from the smell of all that food. It honestly smelled amazing, better than what he normally would smell coming from her kitchen. He wondered how many servings she was making.

Groaning and rubbing his sleepy, emerald eyes, he stretched before getting up and getting into black sweatpants and a sky blue hoodie before heading out of his room to take a seat on an empty high chair that didn’t have Sara’s coat hanging on it.

Sara’s room was a very bright pastel pink with a forest green trim and fluffy pastel blue carpeting, the bed situated into the corner of the room across from her door. The blankets were fluffy and in a variety of colors in a little wolf motif, with the bed frame being a stark white. A window was over the headboard, its blinds and light red, polka-dotted curtains shielding Suzu from the invading morning light from outside. Next to the bed was a night stand with a simple alarm clock and lamp, and next to that was a bookshelf and then a dresser. Against the far wall were a pair of sliding doors and another door next to them. The sliding doors looked to lead into a closet, while the other door held a bathroom with a wooden floor and simple design. Under the bed, there didn’t seem to be any space as it was covered with little, colorful pull out drawers, each with little locks on them that Sara made sure were locked. There was even a red bean bag thrown haphazardly in the middle of her room somewhere, and her walls were littered with pictures of her family, friends, past partners, Noah, and drawings made for her from her siblings and even pictures of herself.

The morning silence felt different for Suzu, as the sounds of someone moving in the other room could easily be heard, adding to the difference, was how bright the room felt. As these differences began to sink into Suzu’s semi-conscious mind, one last factor sunk in faster than the rest, how soft her futon seemed to feel, pressing against it seemed to give her less resistance than the tatami mat that was under her futon… Then it hit her, akin to the ring of a bell, this wasn’t her futon, this wasn’t her room, this wasn’t her room. Gasping quickly, Suzu shot from the wolf-themed covers, her eyes darting around in a panic, glancing at everything possible, nothing seemed right, and it was apparent she was scared.

Moving to the edge of the bed, Suzu extended her legs towards the floor, and in her half-asleep panic, misjudged the distance she was dropping, her knees crumpled under her weight and the bell landed upon the ground with a hard thudding sound, she was most certainly not acquainted to dropping down from a bed, but more rising from the ground.

Sara’s ears heard a thump and not even turning her head, she spoke to Noah. “Can you make sure Suzu didn’t just fall out of the bed?”

Noah blinked a few times before realizing he needed to actually get up. Sighing, he slid off the chair. “Fine.” He practically scuffed his way to the door, which he opened brazenly without knocking as per his usual habit. “Ya alright?” He noted Suzu’s scared look and he looked back at Sara with some alarm. “Uh, Sara? Was this her first night here?” His tone was stern, as he looked back at Sara, blocking the way out as he was standing in the doorway.

Hearing footsteps approach the door, Suzu slowly looked up with a small bit of terror in her eyes, as the door flew open, the bell scrambled back, leaning slightly on the bedframe as her eyes looked to a figure she had little idea of, the look of fear and panic strewn across her face as her throat choked up any scream or even words. As he turned away for a moment, Suzu could feel the warmth of tears roll down her cheeks, as the fear begun to get the best of her, especially when considering the only way out was now blocked by the unfamiliar face. The most she could do was see what fate awaited her, as her mind scrambled everything, and expected the worst out of the completely harmless situation.

Noah looked back to see Suzu was tearing up. His brow knitted together as he looked on with some guarded concern. Well, if anyone was going to be her partner, better be Sara… He stepped out of the way as he felt Sara come around. Her familiar face peeked through the door’s threshold, her easy smile never faltered as she looked upon the teary-eyed look of her partner, despite that her room now reeked of panic and fear. “Hey, Suzu. Sorry about the scare, I thought it wasn’t right for you to sleep on the couch, so I gave you my bed.” She entered the room and approached her, holding out her hand for Suzu to take. “And that’s Noah at the door, by the way. Don’t worry, he’s all bark, but no bite.” Noah clicked his tongue in mild annoyance with a deadpanned, unamused expression directly at Sara before he retreated back to the kitchen island to sit down.

After a moment between the mortified Suzu and the obviously exasperated Noah, Suzu heard more footsteps approach, followed by the familiar face of Sara, which provided at least some relief, while the fear and panic still were set in, it was a gradual de-escalation from her flight or fight instincts. As Sara explained everything out, Suzu slowly got to her feet, after taking Sara’s hand, her eyes then glancing over her arms, which took the brunt of her tumble,
“Watashi wa... Naruhodo” Suzu replied, failing to understand she wasn’t speaking English anymore, in her fear her mind hadn’t the wits about her to speak in a language commonly understood in the DWMA. Taking a moment, Suzu wiped the tears from her face and eyes, before reaching to her eyes, appearing to attempt to remove something from them, and with two clear contacts removed, Suzu’s vision blurred quickly, while she could see Sara’s face in detail, most of her room appeared to blur out, becoming nearly indescribable to the bell.

Sara blinked a few times at the Japanese, not being able to understand them at all. Though, Noah heard her say “I see” in Japanese from the kitchen island and he raised an eyebrow as he looked back to see into the room from his seat, seeing Suzu pull out contacts from her eyes. From her look alone and her accent, he figured she was Japanese, but he didn’t think he’d meet another fluent Japanese person here. That… Felt nice. He hadn’t heard anyone speak it fluently in years. The last person who did was…

Yeah, no, he wasn’t going to bring her up.

Sara watched with some interest before she realized what they were. “Oh, here, let’s take you to the bathroom. I don’t know how blurry your vision is, but I’m going to guide you regardless.” She slipped a hand on Suzu’s back and carefully guided her to her bathroom, which she opened for her and guided her to the sink, careful to be slow as she didn’t want Suzu tripping on herself and losing the contacts, not aware that they were one-day contacts. “Do you have glasses to wear, or do you need the contacts?”

Blinking a few times, Suzu felt Sara’s hand guide her to the bathroom sink, she wanted to help so much, though it did make Suzu feel a warm feeling she hadn’t known in her chest, it also gave a different one, as her cheeks flushed red. It was embarrassing for the bell, who felt her meister’s hand guide her slowly, by this point, Suzu had regained her nerves enough that her words could be understandable again, “I…. I’m nearsighted… Sara…” She remarked, feeling her voice shrink slightly with timidity, N-not Blind….Reaching for the sink, Suzu began to run the cold water, setting the contacts on the side of the sink. After letting the water run for a moment, the bell would cup her hands under the running water, eventually splashing it across her face, and especially her eyes, “I-I’ve my contacts at home… I… I need to go there…” She remarked, before burying her face in the towel Sara had handed over, rubbing her face for a moment before neatly folding it next to the sink once more.

Sara’s ears fell sideways when she realized Suzu wasn’t actually blind. She chuckled nervously from that, opting to just stay silent about that besides saying a little
“whoops” on the side. After Suzu got her face and eyes cleared up, it was then that she realized those were single day contacts. She nodded and wrapped an arm around Suzu’s own after she was done with the towel, her tail wagging slightly. “Well, don’t mind me if I help be your guide dog for the moment.” She giggled, before helping Suzu out of the bedroom. As they left, she called over to Noah. “Oh, can you lower the temperature on the stove and make sure nothing burns? I gotta help Suzu find her eyes.”

Noah looked over with a smirk from the joke and nodded. “Sure thing. Though, don’t expect me ta make it, Shin'yū.”

“I don’t trust you to make a la carte meals anyway.” Sara teased and completely missing the nickname as she didn’t know what it meant, making Noah shake his head. But her tail wagged faster at the prospect of it actually being sweet.

“Uh-huh. I don’t even trust myself with th'stove.” There were a couple times he nearly burned down the apartment when he was living here as they were apart for a while. He was so glad Sara invested in some fire extinguishers.

While Noah slumped over to the stove to turn down the temperature knobs and begin stirring, Sara led her to the front door and opened it for her.
“Alrighty, where do you live?”

Walking through the doorway, Suzu simply turned, moving down the hallway some distance, before stopping at the first door next to Sara’s apartment, her eyes turning back to the blurry form that was Sara, before reaching for her keys, “R-Right here…” She remarked, before opening the door to a relatively dark apartment, outside of a few small lights giving general safety light. Leaving her shoes in the doorway, the bell took a few steps into the apartment, flicking a lightswitch on to reveal the room.

Hardwood floors extended their way around the apartment, breaking only at the kitchen, where a plain white tile set had overlapped to the floor. In the centre of the living room sat a low-sitting table atop a tatami mat with eight crimson cushions surrounding it, neatly placed in twos. Against the wall, was the television and systems that Suzu had, all up to date with the newest models. Looking down the hallway, one can see the drawing factors of the apartment, the corner windows, letting the early morning’s light through, as Suzu set her keys on the counter, she looked back to Sara,
“M-make yourself comfortable…” Without much past that, Suzu proceeded into another room, leaving Sara to her own devices in the apartment.

Sara was, to say the least, dumbfounded. She was next door this entire time? No wonder her scent was so familiar! As she walked into the apartment (realizing she was barefoot as Suzu took off her shoes in a habit that she figured Noah stopped caring for after their first week living together), Sara saw how small the apartment was. How little things there were. Sara can see Suzu's things being brought in and sprucing up her own apartment, but she didn't know if Suzu preferred to stay here or move. Clearly, Suzu would since Sara had a far bigger space, right?

Still, she was surprised to see no traditional western bedding and wondered where she slept. The tatami mat was something Sara stared at for a while before coming to the conclusion that was where she slept.

Weird.

Not that she was bashing on her space, but because it was a bit of culture shock. Noah talked about the culture that she knew he most likely shared with Suzu, but she had never seen stuff like this. Still, she found herself drawn to the consoles with a wide-eyed expression of fondness and awe. Then, she found the games.

Sitting down beside the table, she started rifling through Suzu's games, forgetting to ask but also making sure she wasn't leaving a mess, always putting things away where they belonged.

"If I knew you were living next to me, I would have come to see you sooner and be friends before all this." She spoke, pretty sure Suzu could hear her in the other room. "It's pretty cool though. And these games are really cool!" She said giddily. "I have several of these already." Sara's tail wagged happily as she looked through Suzu's collection.

All the while Sara went through Suzu’s extensive game collection, Suzu had gone behind the door of her room, quickly removing the shirt and pants worn through yesterday. Quickly changing them for a different set, a deep purple sweater over a black shirt, with tight black pants and socks. After which Suzu swiftly jumped into her bathroom, with the oh-so-familiar sound of the rattling of the bottles that she had, drowned out by the running water.

How many times had she done this exact routine, yet, this time felt so different, as Suzu gazed into the mirror, putting in her contacts, she felt… Different, even her face appeared so, as the corners of her mouth seemed to have an ever so slight curl, let alone the fact that after putting the contacts in, she took up something she rarely touched… Her makeup bag. While it wasn’t much, mostly just a little bit around the eyes, it was much more noticeable to the usually plain bell, who, despite not bothering to do so for so long, had decided to invest in just a miniscule bit of self-care…

Stepping from the bathroom, Suzu’s eyes looked over to Sara, hearing her words flushed the bell’s cheeks red once more, as Sara’s admission caught her fully off guard, “A-ah! U-um…”

Suzu.exe has stopped working…. Again.

Unable to muster the words, Suzu stood in the hallway of her apartment, staring blankly at her new Meister, feeling the warmth of her cheeks seem to match the early-morning sun through the windows behind her… Truly, a situation she hadn’t experienced before.

Sara could hear Suzu’s water turning on even from where she was, but she did her best not to eavesdrop on her partner. The amount of times she’s asked Noah how he was doing with just about any task she can hear him doing had him yelling at her out of embarrassment and nervousness to stop keeping tabs on him with her ears. Despite this though, she couldn’t help herself.

Thankfully though, a particular game she found had caught her attention, her tail wagging so fast it likely could create lots of wind if it were any bigger and thicker. She let out a gasp and a very, very quiet squeal as her voice was so high-pitched that she couldn’t be any louder than an excited squeak. “Super Smash Brothers…! Oh death, I love this game so much…!” It was then that she noticed Suzu wasn’t going anywhere near her with a stunned look on her face. Looking over, she tilted her head in confusion until she could see her cheeks and-...

Smiling, Sara set down the game and walked over to her, excited.
“I see you put on makeup.” Well, she could also smell it, but she wasn’t going to say that. That was weird. “It looks good on you. Really enhances your pretty eyes.” Figuring Suzu likely mentally collapsed from the compliment like she did yesterday, she took Suzu’s hands in hers. “Come on, let’s go back. I gotta finish all that food before Noah wonders where I’ve gone.” She giggled before realizing Suzu may need some other things. “You got everything? Once I’m done making that food, I-”

A buzz of her phone that she - thankfully - only had on vibrate.

Slipping it from her jacket pocket and looking at her phone, it was a hastily made text message about a meeting at 1pm at the classroom for their team. With blown out eyes, she just about jumped on the balls of her feet.
“Oh, we got a meeting to go to at 1 at the-” She gasped again. “THE classroom…! It’s the EAT classroom Lord Death the Second and Black Star and their partners were taught in…!” Her high-pitched, quiet squeakiness came back from her excitement. She figured Noah would have gotten the information on his phone, but she was just too excited that she wanted to tell him, too.

“Come on, come on, I gotta pack up all this food so we can bring them for our team.” A new fire of determination entered her features, a sudden vice-like focus on her next objective. “You got everything? I just asked that, but this might be important.” She giggled a little sheepishly, going all over the place now from just how excited she was. Even her tail was practically going to wag itself off her behind.

As her mental processors began their restart, Suzu could hear Sara, first about Super Smash Bros, a game that… She had played an unhealthy amount of in her many nights of self-loathing as she had watched her dreams crumble around her. Then, Sara mentioned the little bit of makeup Suzu had, which changed her cheeks, from a simple reddening, to more of about sixty different shades of red. If the heat of her cheeks was applied to metal, Suzu was sure she would’ve melted the item without even a single thought. Taking a breath, Suzu felt relieved at the vibration of her phone, and the change in subject…. However… Sara had seen the importance of the room that they were to meet up in, prompting a head tilt from the bell,
“I… Don’t understand…?” She questioned, slowly pulling away to collect a small bag shaped akin to a red panda’s face, quickly checking its contents, she turned to Sara, answering her question, “I’m ready…” Of course, she wasn’t, but wasn’t going to hold her meister up any further than she already had.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back