• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: F.A.T.E

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Jarvis Briseis - Death City, Hallowed Grounds Coffee Shop
kuro-servamp.gif
Jarvis set the half-finished cup of coffee aside and slumped on the table. It wasn’t doing much for him anyway…unless blood was mixed into it. Heck, he’d get more energy drinking from Zari than he did drinking a cup of coffee, but old human habits die hard. Can I get a quick morning sip of your blood didn’t seem to be the most appropriate thing to ask at the moment anyway. How many votes were they at? One for the doll one and…three for the cat? No, two. Emira hadn’t exactly voted.

Jarvis shrugged when Zari directed a question towards him, letting Midori speak and Adra interject her opinion before replying. “How can I be sure of anything?”

Frankly, like the former Monster Hunter, Jarvis didn’t want to skew the results either, especially since he didn’t care (too much) about which mission they took. He simply cast a vote instead of abstaining because they weren’t going to get anywhere if everyone abstained. Then again, perhaps just letting Zosar’s choice go through would’ve been quicker. “Adra’s got a point thought. Just pick whatever you like. The rest will settle itself.”

Somehow.

Despite what Midori said, he didn’t think their choice of a first mission made that much of an impact on the type of agents they would become. Well…perhaps it did…but then, it wasn’t as if Jarvis even knew what sort of agent he wanted to become. He was lazy and acted on instinct for the most part. Decision-making was a hassle. The responsibility of choice was a hassle. Frankly, if he could, he would’ve copied Adrian and Adra’s answers and deferred his decision to someone/something else…leave the fighting/difficult choices to meister…but it wasn’t as if the current choices he had to make were especially hard.

Cat.

Doll.

Scorpion.

“Cats are cute.” Jarvis yawned, his fangs visible since he was a little bit hungry and hadn't bothered to cover his mouth. That was pretty much the only reason that leaned him (slightly) towards a vote—not an especially good one either. Midori hinted that there was probably more to the mission than it appeared, since it wasn’t a request sent to the fire department, but that was about as informative as virtually nothing. “But I’d be willing to switch my vote if you give be good enough reason to do so.”

Essentially, if Zari thought there was more to be gained from them dealing with cursed dolls or fighting scorpions, Jarvis didn’t have a problem going along with it. As a weapon that had studied in DWMA, the well-being and development of the meister he worked with was of the utmost importance to him. It was a pride thing.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Kyuubey Kyuubey Sybil Sybil

1650483093412.png

Zelda Zemo
Crescent Moon Class | March 8th, 2067 | 1313

This is ridiculous...

It's been a few minutes and Emmett still wasn't here yet. Sighing, Zelda decided to continue the class on her own. Oh well.

Because some people thought it was easy, she decided to start with the first assignment they gave them all yesterday. If they don't know how to describe or compliment one another at a base value, then that was fine, but that meant their partnership may be rocky at first. They had a good bonding exercise tomorrow anyhow. Standing up, Zelda walked around the desk and stood erect, her hands held behind her back as she regarded each student, scattered across the room in their partnered groups.

Clap!

If no one was paying attention when she walked up around the desk and stood before them, the clap of her hands should have them pay attention now. Ignoring the crying girl in the corner with her fluffy meister and ignoring whatever wrapped up or interrupted conversations were going on with the other two groups, she started their lesson.

"Because I refuse to wait any longer, we will start with our first assignment. I would leave the significance of this room to Emmett, but if you don't know, it's time you exit the rock you've been living under." She held her hands behind her back, her reverent voice echoing off the walls of the classroom. "You are within the classroom of which taught the legendary teams who paved the way for DWMA's future. Maka Albarn and Soul "Eater" Evans. Black Star and Tsubaki Nakatsukasa. Lord Death the Second and the Thompson Sisters. While none of you may have had classes in this room nor are in EAT anymore, you all can still walk the paths that will make you heroes of Death City. Or whatever you want to be if the top spot doesn't suit your fancy. The stigma of being a F.A.T.E. agent, while present, doesn't and shouldn't matter. You are just as important as those who've been taught in this very room for at least a dozen generations. You all were a part of DWMA, no matter how long you've actually been taught here. That hasn't changed."

She took in a deep breath, bracing for whatever backlash she'll receive from the more mouthy students as she settled in on their first assignment. "As for right now, your first assignment. If you do not know now, you will after tomorrow."
1650500083870.png
She grinned, the first sign of an actual smile since they've met her. Of course, it's laced with a mischievous, knowing glint in her eyes. "Compliments for each partner. Just one nice thing." She shot Gauss a look, having remembered the good argument he posed yesterday. "I will explain why after, as this isn't just about trying to get to know someone as quickly as possible or flattering your partners. Those are not the goal. Who wants to go first?" Zelda awaited any takers, looking around the room as she waited for the first one to go.

Interactions: Nadia, Dani, Noah, Gauss, Prudence, Suzu, Sara
Mentions: Emmett ( Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze )
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Mqueserasera Mqueserasera EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

Last edited:
1650558401067.png
Nadia Semyonov - DWMA Classrooms

Listening to the words of Dani, Nadia snorts a bit, amused by the other. "Da, you were on time, but I was early. Both times if I recall." She says in way of a counter as she attempts to listen in on the rest, it seemed the wolf was comforting her partner who was... Was she actually crying and nuzzling up to her? How in Death's name did she end up in here or survived so long? So soft, so weak... Still, she wasn't her partner, the wolf could play nursemaid. Then there was the matter of Mister Thaddeus... While she did not hear all that was on his mind, she did catch the part about them putting him in this class with mostly girls to tempt him, it was truly amusing how highly he thought of himself. His earlier statement on why he was here was very likely, and painfully, true.

Before she could say or think on much more, Zelda clapped her hands and gave the typical sort of briefing, chiefly to the history of this room, the obvious missing instructor and how valuable they all were to the DWMA. Nadia however knew that bit was a lie, the DWMA was in desperate need for recruits and keeping the numbers it had left, had the DWMA been stable and enjoyed the popularity it had in the wake of the aforementioned heroes, then she had little doubt the DWMA would just fire most of those in the program. The words of Cyrus echoed in her mind, he had made his stance clear and could make his stance clear without suffering any ill effects. That told her everything about the popular view of the program, or at least how contested it was. It was like what led to her being here, the current DWMA had far too many interested in money than it did those that knew and could make use of talent.

Standing to her feet, Nadia was quick to speak up, wanting this over and done with. "For the credit to my partner, Dani is acceptable in my eyes, I think this partnership may be worth trying for as it stands." While it wasn't nice in a conventional sense, it was more or less stating that Nadia seen some worth in the other, rather than seeing her as weak or a burden to be pushed aside later. With that she sits back down for whoever else to continue.

Interactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

aubrey-omori-drawn-by-kazuukarazu-sample-af2b07da6781272515d1e956837add8b.jpg

Daniella Ethalyn - DWMA Crescent Moon Classroom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So was I," Dani remarked with a huff, slinking deeper into her chair as she stared forward.

Her gaze perked up only slightly as Zelda proceeded to the front and clapped, delving into a speech about the importance of the location they were in. Dani was less than impressed. Her brother, Mikey, was the one always looking at rank. He was the competitive one who wanted to show all the
disbelievers up, not her. In fact, as the woman spoke about stigma and not letting that stop them, the girl held back a scoff. Sure, they were just as important.

Dani couldn't help but recall the comments from the dandy. As if.

Not that Dani was hoping to be coddled or for anyone to actually care. Still, whether naivete or bullshit, it irked the pink-haired girl.

Thankfully, the bullshit didn't last for too long and they moved onto the assignment, or one of them. It was time for the praise, such a basic test of social interaction that Dani wasn't sure if she should feel insulted that they were seen as that fucked. Then again, she was there on the first day. Maybe they were. Regardless, Nadia was quick to stand up and get it over with. Dani glanced over with mild curiosity before scoffing a bit.

"I'm fuckin' blushing," The girl remarked with trace sarcasm before sitting up and pushing herself to her feet, eager to get this over with as well. Despite her attitude, Dani's would at least be an actual compliment. "...Nadia seems strong and reliable."

With that said, the pink-haired girl sat herself back down, leaning into her chair as she waited for the others to go their turn. She figured the wolf and bell wouldn't have much issue, though wondered how team playboy would manage given the events of the first day.

Interactions: RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Sara Middleton1650605068074.png
March 8th, 2067
Interactions: Suzu
Mentions: Zelda, Nadia, Dani

Trepidation. Anxiety. An overwhelming amount of fear could be smelled from the poor girl beside the werewolf, and Sara watched with some growing anxiety of her own that her partner wasn't okay. Once she broke through the spiral of Suzu's mind, she found herself in the arms of the girl, whose face was pushed into her shoulder. She can feel her shirt begin to dampen. Scooting her chair closer and towards her so the arm of the chair didn't jut into her Weapon's stomach, Sara held her partner with the warmth and care she exuded. As the minutes ticked by and she can smell Zelda's growing impatience, Sara did her best to soothe her partner. She pet her head, rubbed soothing shapes on her back, and even softly hummed a little song. While she did her best to hit the correct notes, she faltered a few times, hitting sharps or flats when she shouldn't.

It brought her to a time when she said something that broke Noah. He yelled at her, then crumbled under his own problems. She was there to pick him right back up.

And she would do the same for Suzu.

She whispered beside Suzu's ear, a soft smile on her face.
"Don't worry, my friend. I got you."

Then a clap resounded. Zelda was already up and speaking. She listened as she held Suzu, and her own excitement about being in the classroom returned, pushing away any of her anxieties she may have held about her food's quality. While Suzu's well-being was an issue, she at least felt happy that they were in such a prestigious room. Zelda hinted at a possible bonding exercise tomorrow, but she can smell that there was more to tomorrow than she let on.

She then asked for people to get up and compliment their partners.

Oh no...

If her anxieties were anything to go by, it was that Suzu was terrified of most things, and public speaking was a highly common social anxiety to have. Even Sara had it for a while. She still got nervous. Looking to Suzu, she pulled away enough to hold Suzu's cheeks between her hands as she wiped away the tears, a determined smile on her face.

"Alright, Suzu." She started, ignoring Nadia's short compliment towards Dani. "You need to say a compliment about me. I don't care what it is. It could be my cooking, it could be my demeanor, it could be whatever you want, but I want you to be able to get through this for us, okay?"

Then she heard Dani say her piece. She looked to Suzu, now holding her shoulders in a comforting hold, as if to keep her from crumbling. "You don't have to stand up either. Just be loud enough to say one compliment and you'll be free to hide behind me, okay? I know you can do it." She smiled, hoping her encouragement was enough. "I can stand with you if you want to stand but don't want to do so alone." She offered, clearly wanting her to go first before she went. "But you have to be loud enough and I know you can do that. Do it real quick so you can get it over with and not have to worry about speaking, okay?" She added.

Her reasoning to having Suzu go first was due to her response to the assignment would end up breaking Suzu and she wanted to make sure the poor girl said her piece first before she lost all ability to speak.

Last edited:

Noah Wiley1650739109105.png
March 8th, 2067
Interactions: Prudence ( Mqueserasera Mqueserasera ), Gauss ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul )
Mentions: Zelda, Dani, Nadia, Suzu

Prudence gave her opinion on Thaddeus' paranoia before Zelda made her way around the instructor's table. Prudence made it sound like those in charge were slightly incompetent or 'didn't put that much thought' into anything they did. He rested his head against his hand and stared off into space, tuning out Zelda's little speech before his eyes zeroed in on her as she said their 'assignment'. He sighed.

Nadia went first, then did Dani. Simple, but if he learned anything from Sara, more compliments means you're more comfortable with them. He noticed Suzu had cried on Sara's shoulder and he wished he could go last. That's when he noticed Suzu stand up and travel - by herself - to the front of the class and-

Wrote in Japanese.

He kept himself from snorting in derision at her anxieties blocking the words from leaving her and, instead, got up and walked to the front as Suzu made her way back to her seat. He might as well spare some of his own embarrassment, the poor girl probably had enough of today and he also didn't want to be here at the moment. In chalk, he translated what she said, writing in English:

"Sara is pretty. She's thoughtful, kind, and always seems to try her best to bring up the spirits of those around her. I couldn't have a better partner."

As soon as he was done, he made his way back to his seat but stayed standing to say his two-cents.
"Gauss is a cool dude. Intelligent with pretty good leadership qualities, very aware, and he's got cool tech. Prudence is pretty cool, too. Very amusing," he grins as he's remembered of when he scared her with the shark yesterday before continuing. "She seems to be pretty neat and orderly, surprisingly strong, and I wouldn't mind living in a joint living space with her." In reference to them possibly living together and how hard she hit his tonfa when he was making sure she didn't break Gauss' table.

He sat down, feeling rather accomplished as he leaned over his table, pulled his bento box towards him, popped the lid open, and snapped his chopsticks apart to mix the contents of his box before going to eat some of it, the rice slightly sticky enough so eating with the chopsticks wasn't a pain.

Ark | DWMA | Library

It was the Toadstool Witch going next that stirred Ark from his more dour thoughts. No time to reflect on the sorrows or negatives. Not when there was more important stuff around to distract him from such thoughts. And what a find this was.

So she deals with plants?

What an interesting combination they could be. The warning not to touch her was quite interesting indeed. A Witch that expressed some sort of toxicity along the dermis layer? The fact her own blood was used as a catalyst for her magic as well was something in itself.

He took note to try and talk to Chanterelle later. It would be interesting to see what they could do together in the future.

Then there was Koiya. Koiya Miyajima.

House Miyajima. The name struck him instantly. And he was watching the young Witch with keen interest and narrowed eyes.

It seemed his last assumption about there being others possibly within the program affected by Madness was correct. Koiya’s magic impacted by her Madness was something else entirely and he wondered just what sort of manifestation her magic would take when executed for too long.

A twisted part of him wanted to find out, and he forced down the idea, the thought, of asking her about such private, personal details. Quite inappropriate, to say the least, if not downright rude. However these sorts of thoughts were not ones he wasn’t unused to. They were always there, present, just never always voiced when trying to be good mannered.

Yet he could not help but think about what she’d said.

I…. I’m in this program to try to open up the use of more of my mana and magic without being drowned out by madness whenever I delve into using it.

The rumors were true then. In a lot of ways he found it almost ironic that a Witch who came from a family of Assassins, though not quite like the DWMA counterparts, assassins nonetheless- was one who seemed less on the stealth and strike, and more on the destructive power and defense. The very fact her Madness aided in that was...interesting in its own way. Having gone toe-to-toe with Koiya’s cousins before in the past, he found the contrast in her approach to fighting very...interesting. The masks in particular being certainly different to what her cousins did. It said a lot about how ostracized she was from her own family, and how much of a danger she was considered over the fact her magic was sealed.

The very fact her madness had a craving for flesh in a more gruesome way, merely made him come to the conclusion that it would be necessary to keep a close eye on her.

From a safe distance that is. No doubt if she had the strength to match an Oni, getting out of her grasp would be difficult once she caught you.

Raph’s whisper however, required a response. And so he gave the chain Sorcerer one in kind.

"Wouldn't let her hear that, she'll thump you a good one. Would rather not have this place be turn to shambles." Was all he advised. Which in his opinion, given what he'd seen Iris do, was pretty good advice.

The exchange between Iris and Rand, was, to say the least, familiar. Rand's calmer approach to the conversation in contrast to Iris' clearly pissed off stance, displayed to him she really did have it out for a majority of her relatives. The heat behind her words was obvious, and watching her responses was very much like watching someone poor gasoline onto a fire.

The swap from Rand's initial response to the matter at hand, was admirably well executed he had to say the least.

Rand's brief dive into what they could do for the first meeting, barring Magitech, would be to look into source material of their own personal interest. If Magic Calculation was something the Mage well known for the skill was going to teach, then perhaps it would be wise to get a book on that? Arcel hummed in thought as he considered his options, no longer paying attention to the rest of what Rand said since it seemed to be directed towards others anyway. Maria and Chanterelle if his ears picked up the background noise correctly.

Absentmindedly, he began eating from the lunchbox that Koiya had made for many of them in the room. Consuming and taking a moment to really savor the food he was eating while he ruminated on his thoughts.

Perhaps a Book in The Advanced Applications of Runecraft would be a good choice? He pondered. He had been trying to find ways to make his earth manipulation capabilities sync in more with his own spells, to provide more of that smooth transfer. The idea of breaking earthly material down and reusing that material was something he'd been looking to do, or even opt for things like transmuting the earth itself into other elements like metals to provide a greater piercing force or stronger defense or snare.

Yet, his attention changed from his decisions to Raphael. Not wanting to be rude when he had brushed him off earlier considering they would be teammates and all it was better to make the decision on the walk around instead of just sitting here anyway.

"What is your question?" He asked as he rose from his seat.

His father? Arcel looked at Raphael with a squint of concentration. As if trying to figure out what he meant. If he was saying that his own father had mentioned a Duulwin before, then... his eyes closed and he smiled, chuckling just a little. "Ohhhh, dude, I can't believe this." Gloved hand went to his forehead. "It is you isn't it? You're the Tailor's son, that my dad is always getting into competitions with, right?" He laughed, mood brightening considerably. "I can't believe this, I thought I'd meet you somewhere around here, but--" he changed gears, "but honestly I wasn't sure if you were going into the Guild. I thought maybe you'd joined NOT or something, like a few people tend to." He patted him on the shoulder, lightly, which probably didn't feel that way given his large hands. "I... It's good to finally meet you Raphael. I hope our time together will be better than theirs." Then taking steps towards the exit to begin looking for his own books he nodded to Iris, speaking to her. “If you'd like to come with me, I'm heading out now, Iris. Raph, welcome to join also. Anyone else going now, feel free to come with."

By the time he’d finished speaking though, he was already out the door.

Perhaps he would get two. One in Runes, another at basic Magic Calculation.

Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (Rand)

Interactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Kyuubey Kyuubey Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Mineczka Mineczka Meredith Meredith

502-Best-anime-boy-images-in-2019-Anime,-Anime-guys,-Hot-.jpg

Thaddeus Thales

"Gauss"

Species Human
Partner Noah Wiley, Prudence Montgomery
Rank Fate Agent

Location Death City, DWMA Classroom
Mission Crescent Class
Status Ambivalent

Gauss had taken a chance in revealing the inner thoughts he had to his teammates. It was a rarity given this more paranoid side of him was one he typically kept to himself. It was true. He often overthought things. As a strategist or in combat, this was often an incredibly useful skill. Take things to the logical extremes, play out multiple possible scenarios quickly, consider the best or most logical outcomes. In this classroom setting or in general the team setting, it became more of a liability than a useful trait. Gauss questioned everything, and when things were left to chance, Gauss tried to find reason behind it.

Everything had to have a reason. The god of this world was a God of Order as much as Death, after all.

What Gauss had to give credit for was how Noah wasn't truly dismissive of the logic. He acknowledged it, then provided a counter argument. Not necessarily in a confrontational way, either, but providing a logical insight. This was hardly enough to purge the thoughts Gauss had, but it was enough for him to at least not bark back at the weapon. The real point he would make, if he were to argue with Noah, would be a reminder of how much money, time, and resources the DWMA was pouring into this program. To believe they hadn't the time or forethought to structure teams, even if for something as minor as a gender skew, was not a possibility he would exempt them from. Prudence reinforced the opinion of Noah, or concurred with it at the very least. If Gauss were to evaluate them on how well they responded, he would rate Noah much higher, but then Noah did respond first and Prudence likely just hopped the bandwagon to agree, in which case logic wasn't something to search for. She rarely seemed to give deep input regardless, so he doubted she would do so if it was especially redundant, as would the case be here.

This analytical approach to thinking, at least in his current mindset, was how Gauss processed everything. Every sentence said to him at this time was dissected for any meaning behind it. One might call this a manic state for the man given his mind was racing fast and calculating faster. The stress of forcing himself to feel guilt the day before perhaps took a larger toll on him than he realized.

Zelda drew everyone's attention. Something that was growing more and more odd to Gauss was how militant she seemed, but equally how verbal she seemed. Most individuals that carried her tone and image were much less outspoken. Perhaps she had to make up for it with Emmett, or perhaps after years of likely being under orders or leading on a mission, she was more winded when discussing things in this calm setting. Regardless, what he noticed was that she had a large volume of words to say just a few things. In this case, it was just to repeat the compliments from earlier.

Gauss exhaled through his nose at the thought of this, still disliking it in general, but for the sake of compliance opted to continue regardless. Trust, displeasure, it didn't matter. What mattered was complying to the exact request. Just one nice thing. That's what she wanted. That, Gauss would follow to a tee. Nadia first with the least impressive compliment Gauss had ever heard. Dani retorting with one at least mildly better. Sara and Suzu next with what could only be described as the opposite of the former. Then Noah. He offered his compliment, the only real highlight Gauss took from it being that Noah somehow thought he had leadership qualities when Gauss felt he hadn't yet debuted any. His words for Prudence were aimed at her orderly demeanor, which was fair enough all things considered. She seemed fairly docile, although not inherently complacent--which was better than simply existing pointlessly.

He let out a sigh, then stood up. There was a forced expression on his face, although from anyone that had any insight as to his grievance to this mission, it was likely clear it wasn't from the act of offering a compliment but merely how shallow he perceived the assignment. Given he was quite vocal about that earlier, it was doubtful anyone would question that. That, however, was neither here nor there.

"Noah is surprisingly insightful. Throughout my interactions with him thus far, it is clear he actually listens to and processes the things he hears before making a response, which is much preferable to those that thoughtlessly respond with the first thing that comes to mind," Gauss said, offering his one compliment and the logic behind it. Also, perhaps lowkey taking a shot at some of those that came before him.

"Prudence is arguably even more tactful. While her responses may not carry the weight that Noah's does, I have found that seems intentional. She carefully crafts what she says to avoid conflict, leading me to deduce she is consistently considering what type of response she will illicit," Gauss added, this time explaining the compliment he offered her.

Noah was insightful, Prudence tactful. Simple compliments. Gauss, as always, was an overachiever.

"I personally appreciate the underlying thought behind things, and both Noah and Prudence--in their own ways--demonstrate that they think through what they say and do. That is why these traits stand out to me as those to compliment. If I were to honestly call everyone in this class that is pretty so, I would be complimenting everyone here; even you, Zelda... in your own way," Gauss colored in his former compliments, and of course, adding his own theatrical twist to them. Histrionics was his thing, and with this demonstration, he felt he underlined the importance of what he said, undercut the comments of a few others, provide a meta-analysis on his disdain of the assignment, and of course throw in his not so subtle generalized flirtation.

He then sat, rather proud of himself. It was at least a distraction from the earlier thoughts that were bothering him, and perhaps was only so assertive because they had been doing so in the first place.

19a58d1516e1d7e9deba8cab540364a8.jpg
PRUDENCE PONTMERCY
Mentions: Sara, Suzu ( Mineczka Mineczka ), Nadia ( RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun ), Dani ( EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen )
Interaction: Gauss ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Noah, Zelda ( Merciless Medic Merciless Medic )

Their little chat was timely interrupted, just when she was expecting a counterargument from Thaddeus. She was not in the mood for a lengthy discussion, from what little she had seen of the Meister, the conversation had every chance to develop that way. So she was glad to have his attention shifted elsewhere to a different target. As for Dani’s and Nadia’s answers, she didn’t think much of it, and evidently, they hadn’t either. Though it would be quite unfair to expect well-thought-out answers for a question of this caliber. Frankly, she found it this kind of game, for it seemed to her not much of a serious homework, should be more apt for a more frivolous setting – a kindergarten for example.

So it surprised her to see the quiet weapon walk to the blackboard and write on it her compliments, and the gravity with which she treated this situation. Did she perhaps think a few casual remarks on one’s good traits was of that much importance to her relationship with the dog-eared girl? It was fairly sad, depressing too, if Prudence had been capable of such delicate feelings. The girl named Suzu didn’t seem to be aware of her position, being a fancy stepping stone, no more. Sooner or later, she would realize that hers was the place of a third wheel in Sara’s and Noah’s relationships. And perhaps too, that while in full awareness of the fact, she had fooled herself into thinking it all was fine. And that perhaps being a third wheel was better than being nothing’s wheel at all. How utterly ridiculous to assume love and affection could be shared that way. Utterly so. And by the look of it, the pitiful girl wouldn’t be able to bear the fact when the time arrived.

It was nice, and another surprise, that Noah, for all his listlessness, had decided to help translate the girl’s compliments to English. So he had a kind side too. How bothersome.

Noah, then Thaddeus, one after another announced their compliment to everyone. Here was a foreseeable dilemma. The two of them had employed a different tone for their answer. Noah’s was casual, and succinct, while Thaddeus’s were rather elaborated answers with some of his trademarked flair mixed in. Which one then, should she mimic? As always, she picked the middle ground. Her voice was not very loud, as there were not many people in the room anyway, but was clear and emphatic without sounding harsh and forceful.

“Thaddeus is very honest about his feelings, and he does not hesitate to place his trust in his new partners. Those traits, I think, are some I can rely on in battle. Communication is the key to good teamwork, obviously. Without clear and honest communication, one’s prone to look for hidden meanings between the lines, oftentimes what is not there. So I am glad to be partnered with someone who says what he thinks and at the same time trusts in his partner’s words.”

She paused. When she spoke again, there was a notable change in her voice, softer and slightly faster than before: “As for Noah, it doesn’t take a lot of energy to get along with him. Which is pretty nice.”

Sara Middleton1650748215011.png
March 8th, 2067
Interactions: Suzu
Mentions: Noah, Gauss, Prudence, Zelda

Sara could never be any prouder than right now. Suzu went up and wrote her compliments on the chalkboard. Of course, it was in a language she didn't understand, so when Noah went up to translate it, two things went through her head. One was that Noah and Suzu must be Japanese or know the language fluently. She can always go to Noah to translate for Suzu whenever she bilingually gets stuck, so that was a plus. The other was how sweet she was. It was enough to clasp her hands over her chest as she watched those words imprint on the board and in her mind.

Pretty... Thoughtful... Kind... Brings up spirits nearby... Couldn't have a better partner...

She thought she was going to cry.

As Suzu sat herself beside Sara once again, Sara patiently waited for Noah to go. It seemed he had really started taking a liking to his partners, and Gauss seemed to also like them, too. However, he seemed a bit put off by Zelda and the assignment and she couldn't help but roll her eyes at him with an amused grin. Honestly, he was kind of cute if he weren't so arrogant. Then Prudence went. She had some good things to say about Gauss, but she worryingly drooped her ears at how quickly and softly she spoke about Noah. She hoped there wouldn't be a problem between them.

Now that everyone had gone, Sara stood up from her seat, her tail excitedly swishing back and forth as her ears pointed forward and she cleared her throat.

She felt the nerves hit her suddenly and she steadied herself with a deep breath in and out. She looked through Zelda so as to not feel too intimidated when she spoke about Suzu.
"Weeeeellll..." She started, only to start excitedly and maybe a bit fast. "Suzu is really frickin' adorable and she's one of the few people who likes vanilla, so her tastes are pretty special in that regard. She is so cute when she sleeps and so helpful and nice. Her weapon form is also really unique and I can't wait to train how to use her more effectively. She is also a really clean person and I love her apartment. She's considerate and an absolute sweetheart and ohhh ohhh, she's got really pretty and unique eyes and-" She realized how much she said already and she covered her mouth. She let out a sheepish chuckle and sat back down, silencing herself from talking any further. "I-I'm done." She murmured to quickly move on.

She looked to Suzu, wondering if all that broke her.

Last edited:
1650901157154.png
Maria Mayer - DWMA HQ Library
Leaving the room as the others did in kind, Maria would head out on her own. Chiefly as the others were already on the way or grouping up of their own accord and she did not feel like trying to catch up with them. For now, she had two things to do, or three technically. First was finding a book on a magic to learn or improve, second was finishing that carved fish and three was finding the instructor when she finally decided, or when it was time for the activity, he had requested her to come along for. With this in mind, Maria heads off to find the books on magic that would support or interact with her own enchantment magic.

Perusing the shelves and sections, stack by stack, the woman had found two that seemed worthwhile.

One, Rune Magic, with its ability to issue commands and instructions, Maria could gain more flexibility out of her dolls, with her interest in Magitech this would be a natural form to function. With that being said if she did find something worthwhile about Magitech she would have to learn this magic regardless. Either way it would be a good fit for her own magical reserves, grimoire and craftsmen abilities.

Two, Demon Tools. While a study she was familiar with she had never pursued it past her basic creation skills, from her control wires and rings to her grimoire. That being said she didn't know what she would gain from this aside from better efficiency of her abilities within this. She would have the natural ability to learn this however.

In addition, she had considered learning Magic Circles, but given it would be learning something without a leg to stand on and while of interest later on, she simply did not want something that would be more of a hinderance than a help while she was here. Maybe something to look into at another time. Taking the two books with her, she could not make up her mind on which to pursue, maybe she could ask Rand, pick up both or get advice from another. For now she would carry both books as she searched for the instructor or if she ran across Edie as she asked to be called, or some of the more grounded mages in her class..

Pausing on that thought were any of them, herself included useful for such? Her jaw twitched at that thought, looking around she did take notice of Koiya, but the other seemed to have her face literally buried in the book, one on runes at that.

Interactions: No one. Anyone?

With folded arms, Dani tapped her fingers along her biceps as she waited for everyone else to take a turn. She stared forward idly, not glanced back even when she caught Sara presumably hyping the timid bell up. However, while wholly uninterested, the pink-haired girl's expression did light up once Suzu took her stand. It wasn't of happiness or intrigue, but confusion. Her eyes raised as she realized that none of what the girl had written were actually words, that she understood, anyway. She blinked a few times, wondering if she had suddenly contracted a severe form of dyslexia before the werewolf's former boytoy walked to the front and subtitled the language.

Her befuddlement rectified, Dani leaned back in her chair once again. Everyone was making way too big of a deal about this assignment. They asked for one compliment, not a series of poems—Even if Nadia's wasn't really a compliment. Not that she wanted or was expecting anything decent to come her way.

Dani would go on to idly listen to the rest. They were all more or less typical and what she expected, except one. Picking up a certain slight that the Demon Sword wasn't fully sure if it was aimed at herself, her Russian, or the both of them, the speaker had successfully gained her attention and focus from the other would-be poets in the class.

Of course, it came from a certain dandy boythat was already outside her good graces, so naturally it was a personal attack and needed to be retorted to as such.

"I don't wanna hear shit about impulsiveness from you fuckboy," She remarked, turning her head and providing Gauss a gesture as eloquent as her words; raising a fist in his direction with all fingers closed save for the one in the middle.

Those that came after him didn't elicit much acknowledgement from the girl, then again, she was certainly a 'glass half full' person to say the least. It wasn't a wonder that the person to irk her demanded more attention than those minding their own business.

Mentions: Nadia, Sara, Suzu, Noah, Gauss
Interactions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

1650939532188.png

Upon hearing the honeyed words and shade that Gauss had thrown at herself and Dani, Nadia turned her head at once and spoke clearly and loudly in her native Russian as she turned a nasty glare upon the playboy, following Dani's words in kind; "Kooshay govno sooka!" Whatever that meant it was clearly not friendly.
Slamming her hands down upon the desk, she was not letting this one go so easily or freely.

"If only you worked as good as you sprout honeyed words, then maybe you would not be here. She asked for one thing, I gave it. You go all flowery and offer your words like a crooked politician praising a grandmother who he attempts to sell a bridge to nowhere. My words are simple. Dani, I have taken an active interest in as she actually has value. The rest of you or others in general? I do not know how most of you have lived and survived this long, minus a couple, much less two weeks from now. Maybe then if you are all still here such words will be said for you as well."

Looking at his partners, she squinted as if not sure that she heard what she had, one was on another planet and one was as honest with her words as she was colorful. "At least your team suits you, might I recommend you run for the student body.. Or should I tell you to keep your hands well away from that?"

Firing those shots across the bow, she was at least very keen to back up her partner, or herself, or maybe even both. Clarifying her answer and returning fire at the slight, she remains at her desk. Staring at the rest she rolled her eyes a bit and stared at the food, suddenly not caring much to eat in the here and now.

Interactions/Semi mentions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Noah Wiley1650940784402.png
March 8th, 2067
Interactions: Dani ( EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen ), Nadia ( RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun )
Mentions: Gauss ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Prudence ( Mqueserasera Mqueserasera ), Sara, Zelda

Noah was very aware since yesterday how poorly Gauss thought of the assignment. The man was here for apparently 'being too shallow' as he had put it. He didn't know what that entailed and he was slowly getting more and more curious as time went on and the path to the answer only led to more questions. He seemed incredibly functional in society. Was his father correct in thinking DWMA just had him in here for shits and giggles? Targeting him? While he was a rich kid and the thought of possibly living a suite under him in such an expensive locale was something that prickled his skin, there was something odd about it. He was aware that people who were rich tend to be targeted for merely the money and fame they possess, especially if they were born into it. But those who were born into it were more often than not entitled. It was a trait he could have gotten if his own parents were alive right now. It could be Gauss had an entitlement streak and that thought wasn't lost on him.

But his wavelength abilities are on point from what he's seen. He doesn't seem to have much of a problem controlling metal. He doesn't seem to have any outlying problems that make him a danger to anyone and he doesn't exhibit any Madness. So it was all just problematic behavioral issues? Like what?

Noah was here due to his distrust of the DWMA and his - more or less - emotional outbursts that may or may not be violent and can disrupt the mission they were in. He couldn't see Gauss having a temper tantrum though, as Noah's therapist succinctly told him he had.

Then there was Prudence. She seemed empty. Copying people was not a life to live. If anything, it worried him. He got some form of a reaction out of her by scaring her, and he saw her mild discomfort from having to talk to children. Other than that, she was practically emotionless. She's just... Empty. And that concerned him. If he was going to be partnered with her and resonate with her through Gauss, how was he going to connect with her? Connection was important in a resonance. It makes or breaks bonds...

He'll have to work on that.

As Gauss stood up and said his piece, Noah couldn't help but smugly smile at his words. He looked up at him, scrutinizing him slightly to see if he really felt that way and thought of him as that useful. The shade he had behind it made him grin wider and he chuckled. When he spoke about Prudence, Noah had to agree. She was rather tactful, and it would explain why she had such a hard time with Gauss' siblings. She didn't know kids well enough to speak to them.

Honestly, Noah barely had to think much on what to say. It was just a trait he had and he didn't think it was anything special. If anything, it was interesting Gauss held so much interest in it, but it was probably fated that they were to be partners in this, he guessed. He had to stifle a chuckle as he even called Zelda pretty in her own way.

Prudence went. Noah paid special close attention to how she talked so he can understand her. While he himself had spoken succinctly and to the point while Thaddeus was far more theatrical and almost poetic, Prudence seemed to take portions of how they spoke and mixed them together to formulate how she'll say her answer to the assignment. She was succinct, but elaborated just enough. At least, on Thaddeus' part. She really was tactful.

It was when she went to Noah, he narrowed his eyes at her. She spoke quickly, softer, and she didn't have much to say about him. Maybe she didn't know him all that well. That was fair. He was hard to get used to in that regard, or even get to know. He's driven more people away from his behavior than he could count. Still, it kind of hurt. At least she could get along with him, as she said. But he didn't know if there were any traits she liked, disliked, or even felt neutral on. Did she even feel at all? She was very much utilitarian, something he didn't mind but felt that it was too utilitarian. Too practical. As if she took what should be something intimate and sweet to something robotic and distant.

Was she okay?

Sara said her pieces, and Noah had to keep himself from cringing outwardly. Instead, he felt his insides twist at the second-hand embarrassment he can feel for both Sara and Suzu and how ridiculous she sounded. Noah groaned once Sara was done. On one hand, he felt quite free to be away from that annoying, embarrassing werewolf. On the other hand, he felt bad for Suzu. She didn't seem to have the social durability to take compliments, less so in a public setting for everyone else to hear.

Then, Dani decided to throw a retort at Gauss for his shade he threw at Dani and Nadia. He chuckled, a sly grin pulling up a corner of his mouth as he glared at her with a challenging gaze. Since he was sitting in the way of Dani's intended bird flipping, he decided to give her a bird of his own. He slammed his forearm on the crook of his elbow, making it seem like he was punching up something while he sent a bird of his own at her, not caring to say anything to her as there was nothing he could say. However, him mirroring her obscene gesture with his own with bit of flair was enough.

Damn, maybe Thaddeus was rubbing off on him.

He heard Nadia shout some Russian obscenity as likely was the case right after Dani spoke, and then she slammed the table, stood up, and angrily called Thaddeus out. Something about this bitch rubbed him the wrong way. This was his Meister, and while he wouldn't fiddle with social situations this much, he felt quite bold as of right now. Gauss gave him some damn good compliments and he was showing off more or less to ride on that energy Gauss had inadvertently given him. He watched as Nadia yelled at Gauss, and he felt his blood boil.

He felt like he had to... Socially protect Gauss in a way. He's rarely ever felt this way for most people, only really feeling it with those he's partnered up with. A sort of kinship. If one person in the unit was disrespected, everyone was disrespected.

Standing up on his own as Nadia had sat back down, seemingly done, he stared her down. He was ready to start spitting fire and venom at her. All she really was as a person to him was a slightly more sophisticated brute. And that, sadly, is the only impression she made on him. Maybe a more loyal, sophisticated brute, but a brute nonetheless.

While his wavelength didn't flare, he was getting close to doing so as his hands clenched and he raised his voice at her, irritation dripping from his tone.

"Despite what ya may think, we're all here because we have possible problems we can't hope to get sorted in a manner we wish. We could say the same about ya, how if ya had worked just as hard that ya wouldn't have to be here. But no, you're here because ya need help, like a pot callin' the kettle black. Emmett yesterday said at least one compliment, he never said there had to be a maximum amount. If ya don't like how we talk, then tune us out. Yer in public 'n' that's fuckin' unbelievable. Social degradation, if that, of a simple shade bein' thrown 'bout shouldn't have caused such a brutish reaction, no matter how loyal ya are to her 'r how useful ya see 'er as. If ya hadn't had the outburst, I would've considered your partnership a weak one based on how hollow those were. I dunno what ya've been through, but we obviously didn't have it as rough if context clues were correct, so quit puttin' us on an unfair standard on survival because ya've had it worse."

At the end of that, Noah felt a little winded. He had to think of something that would get her pissed. She was Russian, and the one thing he vaguely remembered that was Russian related, if she came from her homeland, was the MIBVI outbreak there. Apparently, it was the worst one yet in history. He grit his teeth as he reminded himself of the outbreak and what it did to him, but he never had to survive as badly as those across the pond, so to speak.

He crossed his arms and regarded her with a scowl.
"I don't think it's fair to bother someone of their personal issues for why they're here. He only mocked ya on your compliment-givin', not bashin' your MIBVI situation back in your motherland 'n' your possibly subsequent PTSD. Calm yer tits, there's no fire 'n' brimstone rainin' down on Death City yet."

He knew that would get her upset. He just waited and braced for impact for if and when she came charging at him. He knew that if that DWMA mentor was worth her weight, she'd stop the fight from escalating to an actual fist fight. Either way, he was standing his ground against someone who was far taller and stronger than him. But he was also confident Zelda wouldn't take it too far.

502-Best-anime-boy-images-in-2019-Anime,-Anime-guys,-Hot-.jpg

Thaddeus Thales

"Gauss"

Species Human
Partner Noah Wiley, Prudence Montgomery
Rank Fate Agent

Location Death City, DWMA Classroom
Mission Crescent Class
Status Amused

Were they triggered? They were. Of all the things Gauss could have, would have, and thus far has already said, a compliment is what triggered these people. Honestly, it wasn't clear if it was his egotistical nature enjoying the fact his words had such an impact, or if it were the sheer irony that these girls had been set off by how he complimented his partners. Sure, he made a dig at them, but he could have been far, far more colored in how he did so. This was what Gauss lived for. Thrived off of. This was the air he breathed.

He laughed. Not a condescending, theatrical laugh. Nor a forced one. Not a chuckle at small talk, or that attempt to be as sincere as you can to come off as light hearted to whoever you were courting. No. This was a genuine, sincere laugh. He took pleasure from this situational in its entirety. A smile of pure joy radiating off his face for every second the others replied.

He stood up again to saunter beside Noah, putting his hand on his shoulder. Right now, the devilish side of Gauss' wavelength was flaring. If he had Madness, this would be it manifesting. If his magnetic pull truly had a personal impact, this is the exact scenario it would appear at. This was excitement and frivolity at its best for him, and his signal flare of a soul was pyre for the room to see.

He leaned in and whispered directly into Noah's ear words low enough that perhaps only Sara might have heard, if only barely. "I thank you, my friend, but it is fine. Remember Lions do not care for the opinions of sheep," he told him with a warm, calm smile. His words carried every bit of egotistical weight they could, as if to give Noah a ladder to climb out of his rage and above the others. His pride was a lift raft to elevate one above the petty rage of these comments. His words and his soul, which he let Noah feel through the act of touch, showed a truth in the fact that he was genuinely not bothered by the comments made by the others, and that was a gift he wanted to share with Noah.

Granted, Gauss was far from done.

He turned back to the others with his same sincere smile and offered a gentle bow to the others.

"Student body, you say? Well, I'm afraid I beat you to the punch; I was vice president of my class, but such was revoked upon entering this program, unfortunately. Or, perhaps it was fortunate? I never did like what came with the title, just having it," Gauss mused loudly, echoing the comment made by Nadia.

"Beyond that, I will boldly tell you why I am actually here. On a mission to hunt an outlaw witch, I was paired with a weapon with anti-magic wavelength. For the sake brevity, I didn't play well in a team. I attacked, and attacked, and attacked, despite the target being far outside what I could handle at the time. I was there to support with the weapon's wavelength, but I failed because I wanted the glory. A teammate was hospitalized and this hardly the first time I did such, although most of the time it was solely because I was disgusted with those weaker than myself," Gauss told them all, including Zelda, in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I am here because the person I was then was dangerous, even if not because of Madness or the backlash of some ability. Change is not easy, but I am trying," Gauss explained, then he stepped forward again, out of the desks.

"So, do allow me to take this assignment a step further, and tell each of you some things I have grown to like about you, aside from those pretty faces--of course. Nadia, you are blunt as a war hammer and never afraid to speak your mind. You have unique perspective on things. You may lack the tact I praise in Prudence, you may not always think through what you're going to say, but what you do say tends to carry weight whether I like it or not. I value your gravitas," he explained to her first, but quickly shot his attention to Dani.

"You, Dani, are like an ogre. Not in appearance, I assure you, that is quite pleasing. What I mean is that you seem to have layers. Even in how you bark at first, then explain later, there is thought to what you say after those spurts of rage. I find great interest in what you have to say once that anger is gone, and much like Nadia, you are blunt and to the point. You two seem to share this quality insofar that I don't believe you're deceitful in the slightest, and honesty has value," he explained to her, although realizing he did perhaps hit slightly too hard on his more physical compliments.

His eyes then met Suzu and Sara simultaneously, and his smile softened.

"I know not as much about either of you simply because I have heard less of you, but I will tell you what I know. Suzu, I can see your abilities are great and quite powerful, but they are a double-edged sword. I am sure this caused you strife and complaints from partners or teammates. I recall the way we all reacted upon hearing it. You cannot help your form or who you are, and I don't just offer sympathy. I tell you it takes a different type of strength to shoulder that, which I appreciate. There are many comments Sara made that I would concur with, especially your eyes, but that does not hold the depth I care about. I have faith that you will become a great weapon, you just need to find your voice," he offered to Suzu specifically, this time providing a bit of input of his own in what he thought would help her in the long run.

"And, Sara, I know even less of you. You seem kind and considerate, energetic and present, you live in the moment, and all of these things can be positive traits. Most importantly, I believe, is that Noah has faith in you as a person. Sometimes annoying, sometimes endearing, but I don't believe there is ever a moment where that faith dies. I trust Noah now with my life, so if he has faith in you, if he cares, then so shall I. It is that simple. I appreciate what my partner appreciates, and in time, I don't doubt I will find something just as unique to appreciate... in my own way." Gauss told her, finishing off his round of compliments to each individual in the room.

He then took another bow and stepped back to his original seat, resting his hand back on the shoulder of Noah and retaining his soft smile. "Noah, my friend. Let us sit and have our teacher proceed with whatever comes after the sharing of this assignment," he told him, his words and his soul reflecting that same genuine calm. "This is not battle worth having, and even if so..." he explained before lowering his voice to that same hush, "...you attract more flies with honey than vinegar."

Last edited:
1650993814503.png

As she listened to the words that Noah had to say, Nadia glared at him a bit, though she said nothing. His words were reasonable for the most part. "I know why I am here." She says simply in reply, or at least did till the point of that. Immediately her facial expression shifts, her pupils shrinking back as a stone-cold expression takes hold of her normally smug face, her right hand immediately dropping to just about where her thigh knife would be. Opening and closing before resting on one of the handles hidden partially from view least one was at the side.

"Who told you that? What do you know? Huh?"

It seemed he had unknowingly found the landmine. Or at least came close. Whatever was planned for her next was swiftly derailed as the laughter of Gauss caught her attention. Was he making a jab at her or prompting that they were the lions and thus not given to reason? Either way it had shifted her anger from Noah to him. As he continued to talk and go into detail on his paste, reasons for being here, on all those here, herself and Dani included, she said nothing. With one brow arcing, she was at a loss, his words were both pleasing and yet insulting as he went on. Though more of the former than the latter. With her gaze returning to normal, her hand comes up from her side as she rests it back on the table.

"And they say I talk too much."

For now, she had no reason or cause to go into her own history, nor to be fully upset with Gauss and even if she were, this was neither place nor time. Rolling her eyes a bit at his comment on honey and vinegar as her attention shifted to Dani, not sure how that one may take his words, more so being called an Ogre. Especially if he meant it in a positive way.

Interactions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Last edited:

Seeing Noah get a shit-eating grin and return her gesture, Dani's eyes widened a bit in confusion before narrowing once more. She raised another hand to mimic the gesture of the first, flipping him, or them, not one but two 'birds'. A bit childish, perhaps, but the Demon Sword wasn't going to be outdone by Fuckboy A's new posse. Regardless, she became distracted when Nadia spoke up, saying something in moonspeak and then throwing a lot more shade in much less subtle terms.

Dani couldn't say she disagreed with what Nadia said. Gauss, aside from a playboy, did act like he was also running for some office.

However, then Noah retorted in detail to Nadia. She didn't interact with the pipsqueak before this. And now, Dani wasn't sure if she wanted to put him in the same boat as his meister. Whether he was speaking exclusively to Nadia or not, Dani seemed to begin to stew at his words. Telling them not to take things so seriously or tune them out, as far as the Demon Sword was concerned, showed how easy he had it. Of course, she couldn't know what his problem is or why he was there. As he said, they were all there for a reason, but Dani didn't see a fucking collar around any of their necks.

However, what Noah said didn't seem to get quite the reaction that Gauss' did. The pink-haired girl's response was not akin to Nadia's who seemed to buy his words so far as to at least move past the subject. Not Dani. Rather, his words seemed to incite her more than Noah's right from the point of his laughter. Her own wavelength simmered more, the irritation building up whilst she herself was eerily quiet. To her credit, she waited for both of them to finish the entirety of their little speech.

"...What a load of fucking shit. I don't want to be lectured by either of you prissy, spoiled, c****," Dani hissed as she shot a glare in their direction. "I don't expect you to, or believe that you give a single fuck what I think, feel or say. But maybe—Maybe, your head isn't so far up your fucking ass that you can think. Tune it out. Don't take it so seriously. Yer right about one thing; we're here for a fucking reason. Some of us are in here for being selfish pricks and needing to learn to play nice. I'm fucking not."

Reaching a hand for the collar around her neck, she traced it with her fingers for emphasis. "While you were curled in a little ball on that field when gun-twink lost it, I wanted you—everyone on that field dead for a second and I fucking mean that. Bell-girl and her wavelength saved someone a, bare minimum, near-stabbing. If I could tune shit out and take a fucking chill pill I wouldn't fucking be here. Meds don't fucking work. Therapy, this collar, and self-restraint keep me from fucking unloading on someone. You wanna talk shit behind my back? Go fucking nuts, but quit poking the fucking madness bear and don't serve me bullshit and tell me it's a fucking steak."

Growling the last bit out through grit teeth, Dani eventually turned around to face front again. Arms once again folded and foot rapidly tapping the floor, the glare still present on her face was burning a hole into the front of the classroom. Her wavelength was still simmering, displaying her irritation openly and leaving no room for interpretation her current feelings.

Mentions: Suzu, Nadia, Gauss, Noah
Interactions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Last edited:

PRUDENCE PONTMERCY
Mentions: Suzu ( Mineczka Mineczka ), Nadia ( RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun ), Gauss ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Sara, Noah, Zelda ( Merciless Medic Merciless Medic ),
Interaction: Dani ( EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen )

As the soap drama between Sara and her Weapon went on in the background, Prudence probed her bento open. There she found chicken meat, vegetables, and rice. And a pair of wooden sticks. She was not so stupid as to have no knowledge of this eastern variety of utensils. Yet, she had never been trained in the use of them. A quick, but thorough search confirmed that there was no other cutlery available. But she was not about to eat with her fingers in public. With no other choices, she picked up the chopsticks, one in each hand. Then, with great attention, she moved both to her right hand and held them between her thumb and the remaining fingers. A pause. With hesitation, she angled it like one would do a pen, and stabbed a piece of chicken meat. Another pause.

Self-consciously, Prudence raised her head and looked around. Suddenly, it seemed improper to her to eat in the presence of their mentor. Maybe she could consume it later. She wouldn’t mind even if it went stale or something. But only then did she realize the Russian girl was having a heated speech. Prior to that moment, no sound, not even the shift in the classroom’s atmosphere had registered in her singular mind. She was not one for multi-tasking. So she went back to her ordeal with the chopsticks, which were still firmly planted on the piece of meat. Slowly, incredibly awkwardly, Prudence used her left hand to part the end of the sticks on her right. And like that, by the joint effort of both hands, she had managed to secure it neatly between the sticks. Thereupon she pressed the sticks together with might to push the sticks close to their snapping point. With the meat shaking in her firm, whitened grip, she ate it. Hm. Her palate was bland in the first place, but the sheer tension of the act of using chopsticks had eliminated all her appreciation for the meat’s taste. No matter, she could simply hand over some generic compliments to the dog-eared meister later. But, and here came trouble, the piece of chicken meat she had picked from the bento was rather large, for she thought a bigger one would be easier to grab as a chopsticks beginner. But in her nervousness, Prudence had put the whole of it in her mouth instead of biting off just an adequate piece. And though it was not so big as to be visible in her mouth and make her look like a brutish eater, it was not sufficiently small to chew politely. The eating etiquette drilled in her head by the Pontmercy’s butler absolutely forbade her from chewing so unsightly with her mouth open wide. She did not care that much for modesty, to be honest, but it’s hard to break one’s habit. It was all in all a rather troublesome meal. Now the only thing she could do was cover her mouth with her hand, and looked as if she was going to puke, while chewing on the food.

Very untimely, Noah suddenly rose to his feet by her side, and began to chastise the Russian. What a bothersome boy. She frowned. The kind to stand up for his friend, wasn’t he? Ah, how she had hoped he was some kind of passive idler who couldn’t care less. How wrong her assumption had turned out to be. Sooner or later, he was going to poke his nose where it didn’t belong, wasn’t he? It was all very tiresome. The trouble at hand, however, was that now Prudence had to consider whether to stand by his side or not. But before this inner dilemma could be resolved, Gauss saved her the trouble by also standing up to speak his piece. A very long piece. It seemed as though the guy simply couldn’t wait to make a lengthy speech at the first opportunity. The speech itself offered some interesting insight into the inner working of his mind at least, Prudence thought as she wiped her mouth with her handkerchief.

Somewhere in the middle of his speech, Prudence had risen and gone to the side of her partners, rather awkwardly so. It dragged out longer than she had expected, and as a result, she could only stand there, quietly, looking from side to side while avoiding looking directly into anyone’s eyes. Her feet kinda hurt. It was being bent in a weirdly uncomfortable way as she half turned to face the pair of Meister and Weapons Thaddeus was giving a lecture to. Which morphed into an amusing combination of praises and insults with no regard to which direction they went. Soon enough, he was naming everyone in the room like an official’s obligation to announce the guests’ achievements in a formal gathering. This manner of off-hand compliments had caught her interest the day before, but now she was seeing it being employed in full by her Meister. The positive outcomes of his methods were yet to be seen, but it was nonetheless something worth trying once, or so she thought.

It was amusing too when she saw Thaddeus trying to calm Noah in a rather over-friendly manner. Another insight into his mindset: he trusted too easily. Despite he himself had said as much the day before, it still amazed her now that he could speak as if he had become some kind of soulmate with the person he had only known for a day. While it is, in her belief, impossible to understand another person after a day or two. In fact, she sincerely doubted humans could come to a complete understanding of one another in their lifetimes, let alone days.

But she had not the time to muse over it any further, as another opportunity had arisen to provide her a chance to try out Thaddeus’ method of winning people to his side.

So she faced Dani, who had just done disclosing some disturbing thoughts. A second of silence to let Danielle’s words sink in, then Prudence made a step towards the girl, just one. And to answer her burning glare, she stared back firmly, as one does an angry but harmless animal.

“Calm down, will you?” Though her face was otherwise devoid of any emotions, she spoke firmly. “Aren’t you old enough to realize no one is obliged to entertain your tantrums and childishness? An ogre who isn’t capable of controlling her own emotions is nothing more than a beast that needs to be put down. We are not here to babysit your delicate feelings, are we? So don’t expect us to do that. And what, do you fancy yourself so high and mighty that everyone else has to tiptoe around you—lest you teach them a lesson with your madness? Be not so sure of yourself like that, or you will get hurt. That’s my warning to you. And I suppose the gist of what I’m trying to tell you is: calm down. You need not ruin your cute face with seething anger like that.” She finished it off with a friendly smile then walked back to her seat. It occurred briefly to her that she might have, for some reason, overdone it. But she had remembered to add a compliment in the end, just as Thaddeus had done, so it should be just fine.

Last edited:

Emmett James

Teacher 1.jpg

A quick spark exited the loudspeakers in the room, then Emmett's mildly winded voice came through with booming volume.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Emmett's entrance was timed - or rather, measured. Earbuds were visible in his ears, most likely what he'd used to hijack the loudspeaker. Unlike the previous day when he wouldn't be caught dead without a smile, he today wore an inquisitive look of mild concern and a vague touch of disappointment. Under his right arm he held a black suitcase with DWMA printed in bold lettering on it, and a handful of seemingly random warning stickers scattered all over. In his left, a steaming cup of coffee. His hunched posture made it so that his meaningful glances at the altercating agents were sent just above the edge of his circular glasses, and he thoughtfully shifted the end of a teaspoon from one corner of his mouth to the other. So quietly it was barely audible to himself, the mentor uttered a "Wack." under his breath. Then, after the briefest of pauses, his face lit up as he raised his left foot to kick the door shut behind him.

The door slammed shut loudly, aimed to draw attention to himself. As a bit of a mood lightener, he revved his wavelength, looking to subtly share his calm with the rest of the group in the room. Then, he raised his voice. "Friedrich Nietzsche said that - but I doubt he was speaking about madness. If it's not a subject you've visited for some time, we could have some remedial classes on it." His eyes lingered on Prudence as the words were uttered, but his smile didn't fade as he made his way up to the desk. He put the cup down, then took a seat next to it on the desk with the suitcase bouncing on his restless right leg. He gave a respectful nod and glance to Zelda, with a quick "Good day, Zelda." before he turned his attention back to the class.

He'd heard everything. The room had a dozen or so microphones in it - he'd lost count. The process of preparing for a lesson was, in Emmett's case, a bit unorthodox. The entire room had Magitech hidden in nooks and crannies, often with no apparent purpose. They were generally speaking quite a bit out of view though, so perhaps it'd come as a surprise to most of the group when he continued. "That last line was poetry Dani, you should write." Then he threw up a hand and pointed to Gauss, "Sick Shrek reference - cult classic, gotta love it." He raised the cup to his lips. "With Ms. Semyonov and Ms. Pontmercy as the straight men, you've got real potential as comedy group."

There was no hint of spite in his voice. He genuinely seemed to believe what he was saying, as if having a completely ordinary conversation and not at all having just entered a cut-throat conversation as some sort of mediator. He didn't consider himself one, anyway. These people were adults, and he wasn't going to herd them like school children. They were already in a vicious and frankly childish loop of name calling, and if it started to get physical he was sure Zelda could contain the damage. Still, he needed them to give it up and focus on the task at hand. "Excellent job with all the homework. How about we focus on emulating those virtues now." Alright, maybe there was a tiny little hint of passive aggression in his voice, but the frustration at the insurmountable work he had ahead of himself with this group of people did affect him as much as it would anyone. Issues with authority, madness, narcissism, defensiveness, blame, guilt - the list of issues that compounded and exaggerated other issues here could be a mile long, and putting them all together in the same room was going to exacerbate that issue until they learned to communicate in a remotely healthy way. And that, that was going to take some convincing.

He fiddled with something in his coat pocket, and produced a tiny remote with several unmarked buttons in an incomprehensible order. At the press of a button, the projector screen at the front of the class began rolling down. Absent-minded, he picked up one of the bento boxes while somehow barely acknowledging their existence, and began digging into it. "Sorry about being late by the way, I was - damn, this stuff's seriously good." Finally, he looked down to the meal in his hands, almost surprised to see it there. "Hell, girl..." He shifted his gaze to Sara. "Grade fuckin' A. Gold star. Great day to miss breakfast."

As he continued to eat, he cracked the suitcase open next to him on the desk. "- anyway, I was busy fixing these bad boys. Team, come down here and fetch your new and improved 'TACS'!" The suitcase opened up to reveal eight pairs of black earbuds with bright green runic lines traced on the outside. "Siiiiiince we've got such a powerful wavelength joining us," Emmett quickly threw finger guns in Suzu's direction, "I took the liberty of lessening the impact on us. These TACS will provide ample resistance to it, allowing Ms. Takada to go buck wild without too much on her conscience. They also filter out dangerous frequencies and suppress loud noise - and they work freaking wonders. I flash banged myself, barely even made me vomit. Forgot to close my eyes though." Slowly he was regaining his usual footing from the awkward situation he'd walked into.

The screen behind him fully unfurled, and a set of three maps seemingly detailing a series of tunnels filled it from the projector. An accompanying text read 'C-LAB 15', and there was a smaller subtext with warnings about old equipment and a requirement for high clearance to even access the area. He put his empty box to one side, then raised the coffee cup to his mouth once more. "Noah and Prudence, remain after the briefing please. Anyone willing to bet what the lot of us are doing tomorrow?"

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Mineczka Mineczka Mqueserasera Mqueserasera EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

1650993814503-png.979399

Daniella Ethalyn --- Nadia Semyonov
DWMA Classroom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dani waited expectantly, one foot tapping incessantly as an indicator of her displeasure. She didn’t want to kill anyone, not yet anyway, but this day wasn’t giving her any better feelings for the future than the first. The wolf was okay and so was the bell, but the shit-starting trio over there–Only a God’s intervention would likely prevent an altercation of some kind breaking out at some point.

Apparently, God wasn’t quick enough.

Dani heard steps coming from the prissy posse, but did not so much as tilt her head in acknowledgement, whether the owner of them was approaching her or simply maneuvering. However, then the peanut gallery spoke up. If it wasn’t evident before, Dani was seething.

The other two were trolls, trying to talk some shit and having a laugh, annoying and spoiled as they were. This one though–This speech went farther than either of her partners’.

Dani stood up and turned in that direction, wearing the face of someone that wanted to ruin someone else’s. Her hands clenched into tightly-balled fists as she took a step in Prudence’s direction.

“Come over here and fucking try you fu-”

Watching the interaction play out, Nadia was already reaching for Dani as the girl prodded. Was she stupid, suicidal or as cocky as her other two partners? “Dani.” With that said she pondered what to do next as she reached out, grabbing the girl with her right hand across her shoulder, a gentle yet firm grip as she tried to get the others attention, allowing a measure of kindness as she massaged her a little in the way a parent or close friend may a child or peer.

“I want to take her down as much as you, but a time and place, a time and place.” She waited to see if this would have any effect at all as she reached her left hand up, maybe to rake the girl’s hair if she was receptive or to put her into a restraining sleeper if she was not.

Nadia’s grip kept her from stepping forward further. She did pause, but the furious glare on her face remained centered on Prudence. The pink-haired girl appeared entirely ready to give the monotonous one a wordless piece of her mind. Letting out a low growl for a few, she finally let out a sharp exhale as her posture and expression relaxed from pure rage to moderate disgust. Whether by aid of the collar or Nadia, she didn’t seem quite as ready to beat the girl in the middle of the classroom.

“Time and fucking place. Since when has anyone in this fucking program gave a shit about that…” Dani growled somewhat quietly.

Nadia leans in close, speaking in the ear of Dani in a hushed whisper, her accent running thickly, though, with a hint of emotion to give truth to her words. “Da. I know what it is like to be mad with the world, more so shitheads like that.. I used to run with.. Well, no, ran a tough crowd, broke many laws and many bones.. But time in the Dojo taught me this… A time and a place, sooner or later, be it spar or or a friendly game we can put them in their place.. Mind you we cannot break them but we can make them regret this day. Or at least give them a reminder of the mistake they made.”

With that she snorts a little, with a hint of a bemused laugh. “I said we are a team now, what is a Russian without a Bear?”

Dani listened silently, still staring daggers at the other woman, but eventually breathed another sharp exhale through her nose. Her wavelength, formerly at a boil, was now once again resting at a simmer.

“I guess it’s a step above ogre,” Dani remarked with a click of her tongue, glancing back at Nadia before setting a cold gaze on the trio momentarily until Emmett’s entrance drew it.

Fashionably late and still weird. She wasn’t sure if he was being a smartass like the rest of the class with what he said or if he actually meant his words. Regardless, Dani did write, though not what she would call poetry–Not that she would admit that here.

Instead, she merely clicked her tongue, pulling her seat forward by the leg with her own. The Demon Sword sat down with folded arms, looking forward at the screen with a scowl on her face. While no longer in an ass-beating mood, she was still ticked off which made it difficult to focus or care about whatever activities they were participating in the following day.

Having managed to aid in calming Dani, Nadia turned her attention to the doorway as Emmett came bursting through, absentmindedly as the other escaped her grasp, Nadia allows her right hand to follow through giving the other a pat on the back to see her off, taking her own chair she looked at the trio once more.

You think you are so clever, but he who laughs last, laughs best..

Looking back at the eccentric he naturally said a few things and brought gifts. “Hmm… Gifts are welcome but beware of Trojans bearing gifts.” With that said and the man’s other antics and light show playing out, Nadia has more or less guessed and confirmed the nature of Suzu’s weapon. Which amused her, either way she would not let Dani be the first to go down here or take potshots from the rest and the Russian was always ready to speak her peace.

“Hmm, my bearing gifts? And such antics with craft, I do think I know a girl you would love to meet..” Climbing down the steps she takes a look at the new devices, unsure if she could put them on or not, but decides to answer the question.

“Playing in your piss water through sewers? Leading another team member through or going together as part of a maze? Least another team is waiting to fight the other.”

While Dani didn’t give any outward response to the backpat, she didn’t pull away or reject it, so at the least she didn’t dislike it. This was made more clear when Nadia suggested sewers, eliciting a scoff from her weapon.

“You’re fucking with me.” At least, she hoped so.

She didn’t give much attention to Emmett’s inventions either. Sure, Suzu was loud as all hell, but she’d prefer ringing ears over losing it completely. Regardless, the pink-haired woman was unlikely to be very responsive outside of voicing outright distaste.

Mentions: Classroom
Interactions: @PrissyPosse Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze (Emmett)

Last edited:

Noah Wiley1651482150089.png
March 8th, 2067
Interactions: Gauss Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul , Prudence Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
Mentions: Dani, Nadia, Emmett, Sara, Suzu

The reaction he meant to incite did not come. Instead, he got caution and the nervous twiddling of the giantess messing with the buckle that held her knife at bay. She asked how he knew. Honestly, it was obvious. Anybody who came from Russia during the MIBVI crisis likely was fucked in the head. There was no point in explaining how he knew. Then, excited laughter. Noah blinked a few times, the laugh from behind having caught him off guard. He relaxed his posture as soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder, and he peeked over at the man. His meister’s wavelength had flared and the contact made had put Noah’s agitated, buzzing wavelength in contact with Gauss’. Immediately, Noah calmed down, and everything inside of him felt warm. The magnetic wavelength felt like honey and Noah was both in awe of it and concerned. Why did it suddenly feel like honey? Naturally, his defenses would be to ward off the touch and roll his shoulder to get rid of the hand that invaded his personal bubble, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

Then, ‘lions do not care for the opinions of sheep’. It sounded like a bad thought process to have, but he couldn’t help but agree just a little. He guessed Gauss was calling them sheep due to their blindly following, as they do. Though, comparing even him to a lion? He always considered himself a rat, if any animal. Always trying to keep away from situations due to not wanting to intervene, but always observing and waiting for his time to make a scene or strike if he was agitated or moved enough to do so. He wondered why he chose that animal, if there was any thought behind it besides elevating Noah’s ego.

Though, that smile was calm. Warm. Was he serious? Was he actually serious in how he viewed others? Beneath him? Did he think saying that was going to help keep the weapon from being angry? Well, it had, honestly. It did bring him out of the rage he felt, but now he was confused and had to think. Yet, his soul spoke truth in his statement. He truly did not care and Noah shouldn’t care either. It was almost liberating. But it also concerned him. Was that why he was here? His ego? No, there had to be more.

And more there was.

Gauss continued, completely destroying the jab Nadia had made against him about being in the student body. By being vice president of his class. It was interesting that he didn’t like it. Second best, a shadow of the president. Noah didn’t know if he just disliked having the title because he wasn’t the president or if he just didn’t like the idea of having a title regardless, but it was rather interesting. Then he continued, saying why he was actually here. He wasn’t a team player.

Well, that honestly sucked. Was that why Gauss put so much trust in his partners now? To prevent an incident such as that? Did he think of himself as superior? It really did sound like it, especially earlier with the lion and sheep comment. Apparently, it wasn’t the first time he seeked out glory or thought little of others and ended up hurting his teammates.

Still, the fact that he came out and said his issues was what surprised Noah. He was being humble, even if he was being an egotistical snob about it. He wondered now what kind of information Mr. Thales heard and what his ideals were when it came to his son. Did he dislike weapons and consider them just tools? Was he jaded when it concerned them? Or maybe he only got half the story and was told it was just some behavioral problems; maybe he was told he had a superiority complex and an entitlement streak. Either way, it was enough to make Noah ask questions about his partner and enough to probably pry about it later. He never liked doing it, but Sara had always done it to him and it got a-... Rather upsetting response, but they grew closer for it.

Then, Gauss began to speak about the others, giving the rest of them compliments. It was interesting. He seemed to have diffused the situation at hand, giving them all insightful and pleasing praises. Though, the ogre comment had Noah wincing. He moved to Sara and Suzu, talking about Suzu’s ability and what little he knew of Sara. Even trying to be inspirational for Suzu. And Noah’s own trust and faith in Sara was shared even by Gauss, and that was mainly due to association. He believed him that much? Then he said he’d appreciate something about her in his own way and Noah can’t help but feel like that was… Sneakily referring to something else meant for closed doors.

As Gauss came back, Noah didn’t bother shrugging off the second hand-to-shoulder touch today. Which was odd for him. He swore his magnetic wavelength was more of a calming wavelength than his own Healing wavelength and it bothered him. Yet, he couldn’t help but stay calm. He smirked at the sentiment of attracting flies with honey rather than vinegar, nodding in agreement. He did agree, honestly, but the comment about comparing those around them to flies was a little odd. He didn’t find it completely disgusting, but it was something he had seen in quite a few people, especially those who were rich. He knew Sara could hear these hushed tones, and the only thing running through his mind was how abhorrent she’d find these comparisons, but would try to find the good in him.

Luckily, Nadia was silent aside from the comment about talking too much. Suzu was completely silent and seemed to shut down not only from Sara’s string of compliments earlier, but Gauss’ mentioning her wavelength. But Dani didn’t seem at all pleased. She complained, didn’t want to be lectured. However, as she parroted what Noah had said, he narrowed his eyes at her. He muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes as she reached for her collar.
“Was talkin’ to Ruskie on that one. ‘Course I didn’t mean ya. She don’t have yer problem.” However, his narrowed gaze softened to one of concern. Sympathy, even. Thoughts returned to Azariah, Kasper, Adrasteia… He didn’t like what Dani was serving, but he couldn’t disagree with her. If he hadn’t met Sara, he would have completely agreed with her outburst. In fact, he’d have made it a point to respond, sympathizing with her and showing camaraderie in such an uphill battle.

It was at this point that Prudence, who had been hovering behind and beside them awkwardly, stepped forward and-

What was that?

He got mad on Dani’s behalf. He glared at the back of Prudence’s head as she spoke, completely appalled with what she said. She made Gauss’ compliment for her sound like trash. Tact? What even was that? It was so harsh that it destroyed whatever calming effect Gauss had on him and he clenched his fists. While he couldn’t completely disagree with Prudence, it was so harsh he couldn’t help but think Dani was going to get up and stab her. And Noah would let the two fight. It was completely idiotic of the monochrome girl to be so tactless. The compliment at the end of that wouldn’t have helped if Dani were Noah. He glared as Prudence went back to her seat, trying to keep himself from snapping at her.

Then, the best possible timing had Noah jump out of his skin, but he didn’t scream like a little girl, thankfully. The loudspeakers boomed and out came a familiar voice. It was an interesting quote. Was that some kind of metaphor for deaf people? For those who couldn’t hear the inner machinations of the dancers? But what was it even in reference to?

Still, he slowly sat back in his seat as Emmett entered the room, an interesting expression on his face. He seemed disappointed. He looked like that of an upset librarian watching a couple of kids fight over who gets what. He didn’t hear what Emmett had said, but he knew he must have said something. He caught Sara snorting from the other side of the room. Whatever he said must have been funny. But then he smiled, and spoke to Prudence about remedial classes about Madness and explained his quote.

Ah, so the quote was aimed directly at Prudence. Did he just call her deaf? Unaware of other people’s problems? It was honestly kind of funny and he had to hold back a snicker. He watched as the mentors exchanged greetings and the funny feeling of the classroom having been bugged sunk in. How did he know of Prudence’s horrible speech? Then, his next comments made it very clear he had heard everything. Even complimenting the outraged Dani about what she had said, who was being held back by Nadia with the briefest of shoulder touches and words Noah didn’t catch but he assumed they were for exercising vengeance later. Then he pointed to Gauss and said something about Shrek. Ah, right. He lidded his eyes in a deadpan, not wanting to remember the horrible memes of him that still plagued the internet.

Then he spoke of a possible comedy group forming and Noah had to shake his head and hold back a bemused smirk. Of course, he’d say that. He praised them for the completed homework, but he caught some passive aggressiveness. Maybe he wasn’t as chill as Noah had previously pinned him as. He narrowed his eyes at him, wondering what else he was hiding. Then it was time to see what he had brought. He ate Sara’s offering to the mentors and couldn’t help but let out an amused exhale of breath at his compliment. He can just feel Sara’s radiating smile from the other side of the classroom at the flattery.

If Emmett was eating, Noah was going to eat. He dug into his food and noticed that Prudence had slightly struggled with those chopsticks. He smirked. Ah, he had neglected to put forks in some of their bento boxes. Funny how it was Prudence who ended up without one. He ended up with a fork in his box, so he pretty much lightly tossed it over to Prudence, the plastic cutlery landing beside her box so she can eat the food a lot easier.

Despite what she said, she was his partner. He’ll hold it over her head later and have a conversation with her about it. No point in being hostile to her right now, despite his current feelings. Damn, either this was Sara’s years of influence of Gauss’ magnetic aura.

It was then that Emmett opened up his decorated briefcase and showed the TACS that were for everyone. He inwardly cringed at the finger guns at Suzu, but ended up standing to walk to the front. He nearly snorted at Emmett having flashbanged himself testing it and forgetting to shield his eyes. What a character. He watched as the giantess had gotten a pair, while Dani stayed behind. She really wasn’t kidding that Suzu’s wavelength, despite it being loud, was a lifesaver for her. Noah went up and got three pairs of TACS, one for each member of his team. He didn’t really care that he was practically the go-getter for his team’s items. It was far simpler and it would be a waste of time to have them get up and get it themselves when he could at least be a bit nice and show he wasn’t a complete asshat, especially when they got him in a bad mood later. He came back swiftly, placing a pair of earbuds in front of Prudence and then Gauss before setting his pair in front of him on his own desk, where he began to chow down once again.

Then, maps appeared on the screen behind the mentors and he realized this was a labyrinth to test their combat abilities. Nice. Then he realized it needed high clearance and he gulped. What the fuck was down there? What kind of old equipment were they talking about? Were they going to get them killed? Then he heard his name and bristled. It felt like he was being called to talk to the teacher after class due to some outburst he had or action he had done. His lip curled and he sulked, trying to hide in his desk as he continued to eat briskly.

Great. He wondered if this had something to do with Gauss or that fight they had with Dani and Nadia. He didn’t bother speaking, even when Nadia said her piece about what she thought were sewers. It seemed more like an abandoned facility. Might as well be a haunted building. The thought made him shudder.

Sara Middleton1651482444660.png
March 8th, 2067
Interactions: Suzu, Emmett Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
Mentions: Gauss, Prudence, Noah, Dani, Nadia

It quickly became a ruckus.

Her string of compliments for Suzu had caused her poor partner to hide her face. Sara watched with some amusement as Suzu slowly came to. However, something caught her interest as she turned her head to witness a bird war between Dani and Noah and then a verbal fight started between Nadia and Gauss, which Noah became a part of on Gauss’ behalf. It was all very confusing. Sara’s ears were pinned back, as she didn’t want to hear everything that was being said, but she couldn’t help it due to the acoustics of the room and her heritage. Dani and Nadia were upset at being called out in a half compliment, half vague shade. In fact, Sara barely even caught the shade that Gauss had thrown their way. For the first time, Sara stayed put, watched, and listened. She normally would be a part of this, but she didn’t want Suzu to think she had to act either. Since yesterday from that ringing wavelength she did, Sara was convinced Suzu might actually use it if the werewolf ever got involved. Which honestly sucked. She wanted to get in on this, but she kept her trap shut, and scooted closer to Suzu, wanting to shield her with her body slightly from the argument.

Though, from Nadia’s speech, Sara wondered which couple of people she thought at least decently of. Knowing she was a strong werewolf and she did side with Nadia during that ball game, she figured the giantess was talking about her and one other person. Was that other person Dani? Made sense, considering they were partners.

Still, Sara scowled. Even without her soul scent, she can smell the pheromones of everyone there. Anger and irritation was prevalent. Oddly, she smelled excitement from Gauss, but she wasn’t so sure if she was getting that right. Either way, it became distracting and Sara had to cover her nose with the sleeve of her jacket to keep from overloading her senses.

In amazement, she watched as Noah got up and defended Gauss. Already? He was already doing that? It took weeks for Noah to actually stand up for Sara when they first partnered up. Did she really help him or was that his therapy? Either way, she was proud of him. He made a compelling, reasonable argument without attacking anyone via calling them names, which Sara wondered if he was going to diffuse or escalate the situation. Then he said something about the MIBVI situation in Russia. Sara barely heard anything about it, as she was young and had gone through MIBVI treatment herself for a good while. She vaguely heard it in passing, but she didn’t grasp how bad it was.

Apparently, it was bad enough that Noah had mentioned PTSD, and Nadia got defensive quickly. Remembering the knife was metal and having seen Gauss show off his magnetic wavelength, she figured Nadia throwing the knife or using it on her old partner at all would be deflected by Noah’s new meister. She calmed down, now aware her whole body was tense. Noah was in safe hands. As much as she worried for him, being in that team should do him some good, despite the bumps they’ll go through.

Gauss had said something about lions to Noah and Sara tilted her head in some confusion. Lions? As in actual lions or- No. He was talking about pride and ego. She narrowed her eyes slightly. It was wrong calling everyone sheep. Not everyone was a sheep in here. Nadia and Dani were likely bad at giving compliments. Yeah, that was it. How rude of him.

Still, she wondered if that was to stop Noah from acting out, as he deconstructed Nadia’s attempt at a snide joke, started explaining why he was here, and complimented everyone present. Huh, interesting. She found it incredibly interesting, really, that he was here due to lack of teamwork. Well, now he had two partners to practice on that teamwork. Noah was a great partner in that regard, at least with what Sara experienced. Even when he’s being mean about it, she believed he rarely ever meant it to be rude. He was likely just stressed.

The constant need to explain away everyone’s reactions and behaviors with something she could think of that would make sense had paused as she regarded Gauss curiously. He moved to Suzu, trying to be an inspiration for her. Sara couldn’t help but grin a little, liking that Gauss was trying to bring up Suzu’s spirits. When Thaddeus turned to her, Sara felt her tail wag at the compliments, despite how small they were. It didn’t matter, she got complimented and Thaddeus sounded like a wonderful partner for Noah already, as misguided as her quick assessment of him was. However, as soon as he whispered to Noah again, she caught him comparing everyone like flies. She narrowed her amber eyes at him again, wondering if he was just saying that to be a bad influence on Noah or if he was truthful in thinking everyone else was below him. Then again, it would be why he was here. Granted, he was doing his best it seemed, so she didn’t really mind the comparison too much.

Though, it was something to talk to Noah about later.

Sara had quickly noticed Suzu’s face turning a new shade of red, but the emotions she was getting were not of embarrassment. She held Suzu around the shoulders, wanting to be her support. Her attention was brought back to the fight. Apparently, Dani was still pissed, as Gauss’ speech did nothing but anger her. She had caught Noah’s mutter, and she wondered if she should relay that to Dani or if she should wait for Noah to do it. It was time she stopped trying to hold his hand in social situations though. He seemed to have gotten a lot better than what he was like before. However, what really surprised her was Prudence’s diatribe to Dani.

What even was that?

She smelled the once calm Noah return to his anger, and Dani’s anger had returned what smelled like tenfold. She was afraid Prudence would get stabbed as she calmly went back to her seat. If she were Prudence, she’d be ashamed of herself. How harsh!

Thankfully, Emmett’s voice emitted from the room’s loudspeakers and Sara let out a sigh of relief, her tense shoulders she was unaware of having again relaxed from their hunched position and her ears became alert as she caught wind of Emmett’s footsteps and the sloshing of the coffee in his cup before he even appeared. She watched with some level of concern as he seemed to regard those who were fighting with a look her own father would give her and her siblings if they ever bickered about something really stupid. Though, the feeling soon disappeared as she heard him say ‘wack’ under his breath. It made her snort.

The quote he had said on the loudspeaker only confused Sara, but it was explained later by way of Emmett’s glance towards the young lady that it was for Prudence and her lack of tact when concerning those with Madness. She watched as he sat at the desk and began to let loose a string of comments that would only be possible if he had bugged the room to overhear everything. Her ears went from forward on alert to pinned back as she looked around for any device she could recognize as some kind of small mic and some wire. Or maybe they looked different? Still, she smiled at his praise for the homework, not catching the passive aggressiveness as it was true.

As Emmett was apologizing for being late, her ears perked up when he heard a compliment on her food. Her eyes widened, looking like they were going to bug out of her skull. She showed her teeth complete with sharp canines in this smile this time, completely over the moon Emmett liked it so much to continue complimenting it. Her tail never wagged so fast as she giggled happily, her hands now clasped over her heart, her eyes absolutely sparkling.

“Heehee, thank yoouuu~,” she sang gleefully, very glad that she made someone happy with her cooking.

Sara hushed herself and tried to contain her excitement as Emmett continued, but found it difficult to sit still as she wiggled about. Her eyes locked onto the new TACS. She giggled at the finger guns, shaking her head at the strange gesture. Thinking these earbuds were an upgrade from the old ones Suzu gave her, she ended up skipping down the stairs that led from their perch in the tables to grab a pair, whisking them away as she made her way back. Then she realized a third person had called the bell out today and Sara sat beside Suzu, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and holding her in a side hug to keep her from spiraling.

Though, she giggled again at Emmett’s accident with the flashbang. But then the maps appeared behind the mentors and she looked at it in confusion. C-LAB 15? High clearance? Old equipment warnings? What even was this? Tunnels? It all seemed like it was some sort of laboratory or a facility of sorts. She heard Noah and Prudence being called and she raised an eyebrow at the two. Why? Weird.

Now that the question was asked, Sara stood up and leaned over her desk with her hands splayed across to hold herself up, having bowled over Nadia’s last part of her musings with her own excited barking of words. In her excitement, she hadn’t realized what Nadia or Dani had said.
“OHH OHH, are we going to go exploring??? Maybe the place is haunted. Ooohhh, spooky. OHH OHH, wait, is it a laboratory?” She realized how much she spoke and she chuckled sheepishly, sitting back down. She silently opened up her own bento box, took a silent whiff of her homemade food and dove in. The stress from the argument, which the tension she felt was slowly dissipating thanks to Emmett’s arrival, had gotten her hungry.

Last edited:

1651486040338.png

Zelda Zemo
Crescent Moon Class | March 8th, 2067 | 1320

As the assignment went underway, Zelda’s arms crossed over her chest as she relaxed against the desk. Nadia went first, using a practical compliment. It wasn’t bad, nor was it the best. But she wasn’t looking for the best. Prose and feelings were not the minimum. When Dani gave Nadia two compliments of her own, Zelda noted it was also of practicality. It spoke volumes that they thought of function over getting along. A foundation she has found to have pros and cons, as they tend to worry about the abilities of each other and their own more so than having a good relationship. Zelda had been in a fair few partnerships where they were out of necessity and practicality rather than a bond of friendship. There was nothing wrong with that.

Her grey-blue eyes flickered over to Sara as she seemed to want Suzu to go first. Smart, given Suzu’s history on file. Suzu was the next to go, but instead of talking, she went up to make a compliment on the chalkboard. In Japanese. Zelda quirked an eyebrow as Suzu hurried back to her seat, only for Noah to quickly come down and translate the hieroglyphs for all to read. Sara seemed to have made quite the impression in a short amount of time. She can sense a strong bond between those two, but she hoped Suzu’s own demons don’t destroy what they have.

Next was Noah’s compliment. Or rather compliments. Each partner received four compliments and he seemed to have a marriage between practicality and judging their character. They also seemed to have living arrangements based on what Noah had stated. Ms. Zemo watched as Gauss soon stood up, giving a colored compliment to each of his students. However, within his praise was a hidden poke at the ones who didn’t compliment hardly at all. She’ll have to make an example of that. However, Gauss’ carefully crafted compliments were great to hear, however it did concern her given where he came from. If that trust is challenged by logic and his paranoia as he showed earlier, it wouldn’t be hard for Thaddeus to turn on his partners unless his therapist had something to do with that. Regardless, she raised an eyebrow at his statement of calling everyone pretty, including her. In her own way.

Um, okay?

She didn’t get why he said that, but regardless, Prudence was next. She had an insightful compliment for her meister, but then glossed over Noah as quickly and softly as she could. She either wasn’t confident in what she knew of Noah or she had some underlying problems with him. Given her record, Zelda can only hope their partnership will last. Yet she couldn’t see it lasting any longer than a year without some heart-to-heart conversations soon.

Finally was Sara. She found the series of praises both annoying and amusing. Glancing at Suzu, it seemed she had shut down as Sara quieted and sat back down. Either way, Suzu managed to make an impression on Sara, so she was glad that partnership will last a long while, though her previous concern about Suzu’s mental health still plagued that bond.

As if the day was going too smoothly for fate’s liking, a squabble started. First, Dani threw an obscene hand gesture at Gauss, who Noah returned in kind. Her eyes half-lidded, she sighed and watched the exchange with heavy disappointment. Then, Nadia didn’t like the shade thrown from Gauss’ compliment and made personal jabs at him, then Noah tried standing up for Thaddeus. Given his file, that was a surprise. Despite his argumentative tone, he was too reasonable to incite much of a response besides suspicion from Nadia, only for theatrical Thaddeus to make his speech.

This was a nightmare. However, nobody tried killing each other yet, but they were fighting like kids. They are adults, they should diffuse the situation themselves. She wasn’t here to coddle them. Her face fell stoic as she simply was a bystander. Gauss said why he was here and complimented everyone.

Where was Emmett?

This was getting ridiculous. At least his speech was crafted in a way not to cause a worsening of the situation or so she thought. She pinched the bridge of her nose as Daniella yelled at Gauss and Noah for mishandling her struggles. What made her wish she could drive her thumb and finger through her nasal cavity into her brain was Prudence smashing the bee’s nest with a stick when she tried to follow suit. She should have just stayed silent and fiddled with her chopsticks some more. Noah hadn’t been much better as he tried to make the situation worse from what it sounded like in his tone, but Prudence had lacked the tact Thaddeus praised her for earlier. No matter if they only had one person affected by Madness, those here also had behavioral problems, which exacerbated the negativity in the room despite the attempts at handling the situation.

At least Sara and Suzu were silent.

Thankfully, Emmett arrived. Relief sagged her shoulders as she heard her partner’s voice over the loudspeaker. She watched Dani carefully, seeing that the loudspeaker, her collar, and Nadia’s words had kept Dani calm enough to stay seated. Once she heard Emmett walk through the threshold, she watched his face to see that usual inquisitive look yet chagrin as he stared at the lot of them. He explained his quote and she didn’t know how a remedial lesson in teaching someone like Prudence about Madness would work. In her file, it was known Prudence had a hard time connecting with people, especially those who were far different from her. She just hoped it wouldn’t be a dumpster fire.

She nodded at Emmett as he acknowledged her, her stoicism having softened considerably now that Emmett had diffused the situation with just his arrival. She figured he had heard everything, as she had witnessed him placing a few microphones in the room once they had the go-ahead to use it. As Emmett made comments to everyone, Zelda read over the room again.

Tense. Anxious. Yet calm enough. That was good.

Though, she glanced at him as she caught his passive aggressive comment. If she hadn’t caught the disappointed look he held earlier, she could tell now that he was frustrated. Their workload was immense and trying to get to the root of any problem would be for naught as everyone’s problems would just destroy the progress made in those they interact with in this team. She wondered how stubborn they were with their therapists - if they still had them.

As Zelda heard the projector screen scroll down, she was about to get into the groove before that was interrupted when Emmett complimented Sara. Her eyes lidded in annoyance, but she kept herself from being too irritated or clearing her throat to avoid sullying the environment. They were supposed to have a positive vibe anyhow, so she did her best to keep her frustrations from entering her face. Though, it might have already been too late.

Emmett had finished those earbuds he was working on, probably this morning. Though, she was a little irate that he flashed his eyes. She looked to him with a bit of annoyance, as if chiding him for being forgetful about forgetting his safety precautions. At least he seemed to be okay.

Now, it was time for the briefing. After calling out Noah and Prudence, Nadia made her assessment and then Sara made hers, talking over Nadia’s few words due to her excitement. She seemed to calm down soon after. Before the mentor spoke, she wanted to see if anybody else had any idea of what they were doing tomorrow.

Again, she grinned.

This will be exciting.

Interactions: Emmett Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
Mentions: Gauss, Prudence, Noah, Dani, Nadia, Suzu, Sara
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Mqueserasera Mqueserasera EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

Last edited:

Raphael ValeriasChara7.jpg
March 9th, 2067
Interactions: Ark The Regal Rper The Regal Rper , Chanterelle Meredith Meredith , Edelweiss
Mentions: Koiya, Maria, Iris

Raphael was a little surprised Ark had advised him against poking fun at Iris. Granted, the woman had it coming.

What also surprised Raph was that he didn’t deny what he said. Or maybe he didn’t deny it to avoid angering him. Either way, it was almost nice. As Arcel rose from his seat and the gears seemed to turn, Raphael blinked a few times when he got a response. No, the response he had been wanting earlier when he saw him give a greeting to Iris. Seeing his mood brighten, Raphael couldn’t help but smile as he also stood up to match the energy Ark was exuding. He closed his bento box of hanami dango, grabbed an actual lunch from the stack and stowed them in his satchel for later consumption.

When he wondered if he was going into the guild or be in NOT, a corner of Raph’s mouth pulled to the side, as if his face was saying ‘yeesh’. Yeah, well, he was. Bit of a key word there. He simply tried smiling throughout though, even trying to keep from wincing at the pat he gave to his shoulder. He smirked at his sentiment and he nodded, the fire returning to his eyes.
“I hope so, too. Their contests are always so expensive.” Ark even offered - well to the whole class nonetheless - to come with him since he was going.

“I’ll be there in a second.” After letting Ark know, he looked to Chanterelle, hoping to catch her attention with a wave of his hand. “I’ll see those glowing ‘shrooms you got in a second.” He had to keep himself from giggling as he remembered the time they had earlier in the week. Man, that was fun. He had noticed Koiya and Maria had already left. Huh, weird. How did he miss that?

Regardless, he approached Edelweiss with a smile and a slight bow, his right eye closed to cover the abnormal black and white blind eye. As he recited her name from memory, he even let loose a bit of a German accent as he spoke the more Germanic pronounced names.
“Ah, Edelweiss ‘Weiße Hexe’ Irene Marie Brigitta Ursel Emmy Susanne Karoline Luzia Schwarz-Junius.” He paused. “What a mouthful.” He lightheartedly commented, chuckling a little. “Theatrical antics aside, I am actually curious about your Imbuing magic. I have Chain Telekinesis, but it doesn’t give me the same range of control behind it as you showed with the table. I’m wondering when and where you can teach it to me.”

Both eyes widening as if he forgot something, he pulled out his grimoire from his over-the-shoulder satchel and opened one of the first pages of the book. On the left page was Chain Growth, while the right page held Chain Telekinesis. The pages were titled with their respective spell with drawn graphics. One was of the chain with an end having dotted chain links with action lines from them and the other was of the chain floating with curved lines to show movement. Beside each picture held a description of what the chain did, the spell’s incantation of a verbal and possible somatic component, and how much magic to pour into each spell to either continue the growth of one or to continue the movement for the other.

Raphael awaited Edelweiss’ response, ready for whatever she had for him so he can hopefully ditch Chain Telekinesis for the far superior Imbuing spell.

Last edited:

PRUDENCE PONTMERCY
Mentions: Suzu ( Mineczka Mineczka ), Nadia ( RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun ), Gauss ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ), Sara, Zelda ( Merciless Medic Merciless Medic ), Dani ( EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen )
Interaction: Noah, Emmett ( Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze )

Apparently, there was a bit of a hushed exchange going on between Nadia and Dani as Prudence returned to her seat. She wondered if her words had helped to get on the pink-haired girl’s good side. There was a nagging doubt in her about the effect of her way of applying Thaddeus’ method. Well, she did try to connect with people this time, so the quacks they assigned as her therapists would be happy for one, and if not, they could take the blame for telling her to try to get along with people. At any rate, her struggle with the chopsticks did not get any better. She was this close to just stabbing the meat and getting on with it, or using the sticks like a very tiny spoon. Why do people use chopsticks to eat rice anyway? It didn’t even begin to make sense. Fortunately, a fork just appeared out of nowhere. She turned to the direction where it came from and gave Noah a simple “thank you” and a smile she thought appropriate. But just as she recommenced the consumption of food, Emmett arrived, bombastically.

She looked on with apparent disinterest. Was she supposed to clap or something? He went on, to make it clear that what he had blasted through the speakers had been directed at her. She sighed an inaudible one: the last thing she wanted was to catch a mentor’s attention. Then on he went, on and on. It turned to the subject of humor now. Straight to the heart of the matter huh? It seemed this strange man had figured her out somehow, someway. He knew humor was her cardinal weakness! Prudence shuddered. You really can’t underestimate goofy characters like him. He sure had sharp eyes despite his shoddy appearance. Though sure, he had appointed her not as the jokester but the straight man. But from what she knew (and she had extensive knowledge on the subject, having read through many books like “Humor for Dummies'' and “How to Make Any Girls Laugh and Fall Hard for You” or “The Essential Elements of Human Comedy” and many, many more), the straight men must nail the comedic timing perfectly to amplify the effect of the jokes presented by the jokesters. And that is no easy matter! It’s a matter of tone, voice, word choice, manner, and outburst carefully executed in concord to get the desired comedic effect! And yet knowing the theory was one thing, Prudence knew it was an art far beyond her capabilities. She simply had no talents for it, though not for a lack of trying.

At any rate, Emmet changed the subject. Good.

She was told to stay after class. Not so good

Prudence looked at her bento again. She never had the appetite in the first place, but somehow just couldn’t even bring herself to continue to dig through anymore. Again, she offered Noah her gratitude as she received the device. Not trying it on yet. She was occupied by the anxiety over the lecture Noah and her were going to receive later. Like, a lecture on Nietzche or something? She did read a few of his works, with as much interest as when she read a cheesy romance novel that had a striking cover, or the random leaflet she picked up in the hospital yesterday.

Everyone else started to entertain Emmett with their estimate of the nature of the upcoming mission. Obviously, she felt compelled to offer her own answer too. “I’d say we are going there to recover something. I see little reason to venture into a lab with restricted access otherwise.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back