• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom SoTL - OOC

Five or six

• Five traits

• Six traits

Results are only viewable after voting.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Not sure, myself. I also sent you a PM yesterday

Yoo wtf

I swear on God I replied to your dm and it's not there. I think the website had some issues yesterday.

I approved the request for the summon but you have to start smaller, Chunin level, like a human sized summon at max.

I know this meet and greet stuff is boring, Kakashi will show up in the next few posts after everyone gets intro posts up and I'll time skip to something interesting.

Uncultured Uncultured finally did the thing, it's a bit different but with precedent and a point to it.

Please just go with the standard setup. I'm not trying to be an authoritarian freak over it but everyone has the same perimeters to work in and it wouldn't be fair to everyone else to allow a double stacking of #1 traits, even if its balanced out by #5 traits. Just go with the #1/2 setup for your top two and #4/5 for your last two. Maybe Chakra pool at 3 because with control and pool at 4/5 you're a dynamite stick. Lots of bang early but a quick burnout.

Why is stamina two different stats when everything else is one?
EDIT: Actually, three stats.

Last edited:
I find it funny how Niji is getting a lecture about something that was an accident. I understand that it's for everyone's safety but still.

Don’t worry, in my post I’ll make sure not to care about it lol

Well Niji is already trying to stop the snow so I don't think it really matters now. I was just surprised when someone immediately figured out the snow was Niji's fault.

I just thought it would make an interesting entrance, make it so that Niji has less control over his ability to make it snow when he's feeling nervous or uncomfortable. I'm just acting like he hasn't seen anyone he knows in the group yet.

Bruh I''m not saying it's bad or anything, nor that it's even really a problem. I'm justing explaining why people reacted in the way they did lol

Same tbh, but I guess that's just their personalities.

Depends on how long we’ve all been chuunin really.

On another note, if anyone wants to have been on the same squad as me before the attack, let me know. It’ll gives us a more interesting dynamic than just new acquaintances.

Please just go with the standard setup. I'm not trying to be an authoritarian freak over it but everyone has the same perimeters to work in and it wouldn't be fair to everyone else to allow a double stacking of #1 traits, even if its balanced out by #5 traits. Just go with the #1/2 setup for your top two and #4/5 for your last two. Maybe Chakra pool at 3 because with control and pool at 4/5 you're a dynamite stick. Lots of bang early but a quick burnout.

I get where you're coming from but that kind of...doesn't make sense? Like, a point of taijutsu is that unless you're using specific techniques or styles it doesn't rely on chakra, nor is a fighter's gastank determined by chakra. It's the whole point of the separation between Strong Fist and Gentle Fist, and going by these stats people like Guy and Lee would immediately be hamstrung. Like Shining Wizard said, determining stamina seems to be kinda wonky and overly spread out and putting too much value on chakra. Maybe endurance should count for physical stamina/cardio as well? Not necessarily realistic but it's how it seems to be usually handled.

It's not just that I'm putting two stats at the bottom, it's that I'm actively locking myself out of anything that isn't directly fistfighting the opponent. No gear or jutsus of any sort, no super effects, no beams or anime super moves, it's a character that is actively centered around eating punishment and physically smashing opposition without anything else to focus on. Without the relevant stat compensation to make it work something like that is immediately trivialized by people who can cause explosions on command, turn into weapons or use elemental magic along with already doing what my character does.

Why is stamina two different stats when everything else is one?
EDIT: Actually, three stats.

Durability is the ability to take a hit.

Chakra pool is how much energy you have in reserves.

Control is how efficiently you use your energy when executing Ninjutsu techniques.

It gives people two ways to be effective over time, or one way to be a freak if nature that never tires.

High pool low control is better for a taijutsu user.

Low pool, high control is better for a Ninjutsu user.

High/mid for both is godlike for a hybrid.

That was my logic at least.

So I just moved our characters about halfway to the hot bath where the enemy were spotted by leaf informants.

We have a nice little warm up fight vs some ex-ninja and their thugs who are in the process of doing something awful.

You can define the abilities of any ninja or henchman you fight, so long as you are the first person to post about that ninja/henchman. As soon as they're defined as being, say, a firestyle user, by one person then they're a fire style user and that's in the books. This should be a quick little battle, I just wanted to give everyone a chance to flex their muscles so to speak because the stop at the hot bath won't be very action packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back