• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sorcerers of Algoren IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Sitting down on one of the benches, Elric looked up at the table, wondering who the last seat was for. He knew it was probably the headmaster of this school, but he wondered who that was. For now, he needed to stay calm and collected, but he was feeling nervous deep down. After all of his talks at home about being a great wizard, he suddenly felt himself get a bit nervous about this, wondering if he could really make it. Shaking his head, he removed those thoughts from his head, he couldn't have those thoughts for right now, he had to focus. He could hear the other students talking, but he wished to stay in his own private world, for now, to figure this place out and try to limit the surprises that could catch him off guard in the future. What did they have in store for the students here? That was the question he was the most curious about.

5Fiz3LFeGC7LjQGcMai4A2FQuxyJ5IN9IyYV3HlhUXs.jpg
Sash

Sash bowed his head to the girl "Thank you for enlightening me, my lady. I have not studied magic from books before". Then sash pulled his notebook, ink, and a quill out of the bag he had brought. It seemed that it would be acceptable to busy himself with writing. "What is the difference between a crow and a raven?" Sash mumbled to himself under his breath as he drew into his own thoughts.

xn4pRz3.jpg
Rhea Valqen
Interacting: Zenima Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Rhea seemed to pull back for a brief second as Zenima lifted his hand up to shake hers. Her ears slightly flattening looking briefly skittish. It only made her embarrassed about it more that she would react in that type of way. Too many times she had been a sucker to some little prank that she wasn't at all prepared for him to offer to shake her hand some quickly after meeting. She perked her ears up playing it off quickly with a little laugh attempting to hide any bit of embarrassment for being a little jumpy without a good cause.

"Well I mean I guess.... its nice ta' think you got something special put on for you in particular... well I guess more so the entire class." She spoke holding out her hand not hesitating at all despite still having some reservations about it. She didn't want to come off meek to him after already flinching a bit more then she would of liked. "My names Rhea, nice to meet you Zenima." She spoke a little bit uncertain if she said his name right until it was spoken out loud helping to confirm it sounded right. The name was a little bit different from what she would expect of a normal human. Most human names she knew were quite simplistic like John or Jill. It was probably a bit different when it came to the crowd going to such a university. Generally mages were more well educated, often meaning they came from some wealth. At the very least that was always what she thought. Cyran always had that sort of air about him even with them living in a rather lowkey place out in the woods.

"Really though, this does seem like quite a bit, I was just expecting some stuffy auditorium at best, not some lavish place put together like this here is." She commented as she rested back in her chair getting a bit more comfortable now and quite happy things were going quite smoothly for her when it came to interacting with others so far. Sure she got some stares but it was far better then someone yelling 'demon' or notably panicking at her like she had witnessed a few times before.

Interactions: Hanarei Hanarei
Mentioned: Ian Temero Ian Temero Vacuum Vacuum Terrick Terrick Slav Slav Kienwynn Kienwynn FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

"My assumption is that this place has been around for a while so I would think," Zenima began. "Just out of curiosity though, where do you draw your arcane power from?" Suddenly a door could be heard opening from behind the main table in the front of the room. Appearing from behind a wall was a very tall built and handsome man that anyone could infer was in fact Headmaster Richard Ophidian. He strolled up to the podium with an air of confidence that, while not originating from arrogance, seemed to make him calm. Reaching the podium, he opened his mouth to speak. "Welcome to Rodren University," Richard began with a suave audible voice that, unsurprisingly caused some of the female students to swoon. "Your time here will be marked by learning, knowledge and how to defend yourself. No one person will have the exact same experience while they are here. A couple of announcements before I leave you to your own devices to enjoy the evening. First, no swimming in the lake without proper approval. To our returning students you should know why this rule is in place and we prefer to only catch fish in the lake if you please." A cacophony of laughter erupted from the students and some of the teachers. "Second, reservations for the combat grounds will be made through Professor Muldoon," turning around, the headmaster motioned to a rough barrel chested man who you did not want to get into a fight with. "Professor Muldoon will handle any and all combat training in and out of his class. Let me make this abundantly clear, there will be no unauthorized training, combat, any fighting at all. The penalties for such unapproved activities will be significant. Finally, there is a curfew in effect and you should be in your student dormitories at nightfall unless you have been given special permission. With that being said, I leave you to your own devices and for directions to the dormitories ask either the student monitors or the no doubt giant mass of students. Such a mass is not hard to miss after all," Richard chuckled. With a snap of his fingers food appeared in front of all of the students ranging from various meats, grains, and greens as well as various colored drinks.

Last edited:
aoi-ogata-puffinlow.jpg Valeris Tiren
Interaction: Vacuum Vacuum
Mentioned:

Whether He truely meant for her to answer or not, she did so reguardless. "Crows often travel in larger groups, and when in flight their tails are somewhat fan shaped. Ravens often travel in pairs, and have a wedge shaped tail. They also make different sounds, caws for crows, and a low croaking sound for ravens," She said, pausing for a moment, "And if you're close enough to tell, ravens have a slightly hooked beak, while crows have ones that are a little smaller. At least, that what my grandmother told me," She said with a slight prideful smile. Before it fell, and her brows furrowed ever so slightly, "The result when you mix the two up is...well, it's not pleasant." She would not go into detail, but the boy next to her seemed smart enough to pick up on what she was trying to say.

Anyway, she turned back to the page he was working, adding a small note in some neat, loopy hand writing when the sound of doors opening caught her attention. Looking to, and seeing the headmaster made her put the pen down and pay attention to what he was saying. His voice was rather pleasant to listen to, but see the reactions of some of the other female students nearby made her question them a little. There was nothing that impressive about him. So far at least. Anyway, the opening speech was basically warnings and reminders, and then directions on how to find the dormitories. And then the food appeared. Valeris had just barely moved her journal before a plate and cup appeared before her. She smell of food made her stomach rumble just a little, and it was then she realized she had not eaten breakfast. So, while she managed to do so as a lady, she helped herself to a few of the items before her, and a red colored drink, that after inspection, was a punch of some sort. She took a sip of it, before she was hit but a very obvious, glaring fact that she felt a bit stupid for not noticing earlier. Valeris hadn't introduced her self yet.

Looking Back to the boy beside her, she cleared her throat a bit. "I've just noticed I forgot to tell you my name, I apologize for that," she said with a slight chuckle, "I'm Valeris Tiren, of House Tiren in Odalor, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back