• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sorcerers of Algoren IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"I'll admit to some curiosity," Valeris started, "We're you a Hunter? Or a mercenary?" Zen coughed a little bit to clear his throat before continuing, "My previous line of work was as a mercenary for the Dawn Rose Company ever since I was 13 years old. So I've seen my fair share of combat and as such, I specialize in combative and protective magics. Although it is odd about my greenhorn approach to magic, it was as if my body remembered and needed the right push." Zen was about to say something else, but his lips pursed and his face took on a solemn look for a moment before returning back to its normal appearance. Turning to Alex, Zen grinned and spoke, "Valeris here is right, I won't bite and you have nothing to worry about Alex."
FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

"I'm from Rendalia; My family resided on a very large farm growing grapes, apples and other fruits. That farm happened to be near a pretty large lake that we irrigated our water from. So I usually spent most my summer near or on the lake either swimming or fishing." Friedrich said, " So what about you, I assume you didn't come from a place with many bodies of water?" Friedrich asked his curiosity growing. Most people he'd been around in his life were either fishers and farmers. Friedrich lived quite a boring life, fishing being one of the only things to look forward to in the day.

Vacuum Vacuum

5Fiz3LFeGC7LjQGcMai4A2FQuxyJ5IN9IyYV3HlhUXs.jpg
Sash

"Also the kingdom of Rendalia for me" sighed Sash, drawing another stone from his pocket. "I travelled around a lot as a youth, but I was busy performing." Sash tossed the stone. It plunged into the water straight away this time with no hesitation. Skipping stones would require more practice than Sash had expected. As the rock sank into the depths Sash went on "The circus didn't leave me much time for learning to swim or fish, even when we were near water." Sash leaned back sticking his arms out for support, giving up on the rocks entirely. "I've lived the last 5 or so years in Skallan though" Sash said with a hint of annoyance seeping into his voice at the thought of going back for good.

Hanarei Hanarei

"My mother was an elf, an adventurer by trade, at least till she met my father. I grew up in Delorindo. And I am a student like you, so we are in the same boat. Anyways, what magic classes are you thinking about taking? I will be taking Abjuration, Divination, and Evocation. I hope to put my work here to good use and become...a mage for hire if you will. I hate being tied down to one kingdom, I would rather go out and see the world itself." Elric looked into the ocean, his mind buzzing with ideas of what could be down there, what was down there, always willing to learn more about the world around him. "My father was a thief, and while he didn't hate the idea of me going here, he did want me to continue the family business." Elric studied those around him again, listening to some conversations and taking in anything that seemed to be of importance, at least to him. Returning his attention to Rhea, he placed both hands behind his back, waiting for her answer now.

.:: Laelia ::.
.:: Alone ::.​

Her fingers curled around the strap of the satchel over her body and her other hand clasped a directional charm. Laelia stood at the edge of the dock and had been there for quite a while. She had slowly made her way onto it after a long internal debate. Her reluctance was, in part, bred from surprise. Needing to get onto a boat was unexpected and unwelcome. The prospect of crossing a body of water all the while trapped in the cacophony of an excited crowd did not excite her in the slightest. But that could also be a result of her displeasure with herself for accepting the invitation in the first place. Leaving her home was not something she had wanted to do, traveling here had not been easy, and now she was met with this.

She pursed her lips unhappily. It was all this unfamiliarity. It made her anxious. At the very least, the cool breeze that tickled her skin and the rhythmic beating of the waves had a soothing effect. It wasn't a particularly bright day and the colors around her were muted. The water and the sky shared a faded blue color that reminded her of her father who often wore a similar greyish hue. A small smile flittered on her face as she recalled how her parents had fussed over her before she set out on this journey. Then she sighed, she was only here for them. The more adept she became the less they needed to worry about her. Not that she particularly cared about being powerful, but power did come with a certain level of self-security. Nmeyeri had proven that when the contract had begun. Without Nmeyeri giving Laelia the power of divination she never would have found her way home. Again, she sighed. The being that had proposed the contract to her all those years ago had remained silent since her recovery. It seemed to be happy enough just living peacefully within her.

"Skallan isn't a very pretty place nor is it a desirable place to live. I've been there once and I don't plan on ever going again." Friedrich said watching him attempt to skip rocks. "You should visit my home village Kergos sometime, it would probably be more of your speed." Friedrich suggested to him. Sash seemed to have a rough childhood, while Friedrich's hasn't really seen any hardships as he was born to a rich family. Friedrich pitied Sash , not realizing how bad life was for others, there are probably more people like him going to the University, the only thing saving them from their rough lifestyle was this University.

Vacuum Vacuum

Sash

"Perhaps we can visit during one of the breaks" Sash mused. Sash paused for a moment and looked up at the cloudy sky. Thinking past the clouds, and to the stars that were up above. "So," Sash started "what do you want to accomplish by attending the university?" Glancing back down to Fredrich. "Fame, fortune, and glory?" Sash mused, his voice boisterous, and his brow raising in mock questioning.

xn4pRz3.jpg
Rhea Valqen
Interacting: Elric Terrick Terrick , Laelia Kienwynn Kienwynn

The girls ears perked up naturally in response to him answering her back. She had to admit she was already going quite far, at least much further in conversation then she typically expected. It was rather upsetting thinking about how pessimistic she really was towards speaking with strangers. It made her a bit more relaxed that he seemed to be so quick to talk back not in short dismissive responses but going into more length with what he discussed, even going so far as to question her about her classes. It really made her ears stand up in excitement, unable to quite hard her emotional state very well with the ears on her head often acting as far too good indicators about her mood when combined with her facial expressions. It was often rather frusterating to her when she tried to hide her real feelings at times and her ears tended to give herself away unintentionally.

"Magic? Uh... um.. well you see...." She spoke as her expression on her face along with her stumbling response made it quite clear she hadn't really thought things through. She tended to more so allow herself to jump into the fray without really much in terms of planning. She had thought of it, but she never really dedicated herself to it. None the less, she didn't want to come off as if she was clueless. She lifted her hand up in an attempt to (poorly) act out if in some confidence she knew what she was going to take, even if her ears were lowered a bit showing her natural desire to withdraw for such a question.

"I mean part of the fun is keeping it a secret! But I suppose if you really want to know a little I'm going to work on Evocation and Transmutation. The other will just have to be my secret, I can't reveal all my cards." She spoke blurting out what came to mind even if she wasn't fully certain. The one she was certain of wasn't one she wanted to admit. The whole concept of learning necromancy felt so wrong to her. It had been Cyran who insisted of all the things she should focus on in the university it was Necromancy. Whether she liked it or not that sort of magic was tied into her, and if she wasn't willing to learn how to use it, it would cause her problems in being able to use magic in general. Since Cyran began to teach her to use it, she couldn't deny that it had helped her a lot in being able to better control her other forms of magic. Rhea's eyes darted out as if searching for something in order to shift the conversation as if an extra crutch to avoid exposing her from appearing il prepared. Her eyes couldn't help but shift to what appeared to be another elf as she approached Laelia in hopes of pulling in someone else both for a way to escape further questions and to make another friend.

"Hello! I never imagined I'd get to see an elf, never mind two in one place! You must be a new student as well waiting for the boat.... right?" She spoke being a little less hesitant in inquiring about it more so to quickly move into further conversation. "It is nice to meet you, my name is Rhea and this is Elric, what might your name be miss?" She spoke with a bright smile on her lips looking towards Laelia as her ears were now perking up a bit more with renewed excitement in talking with someone else... or at the least attempting to do so.

Friedrich smiled, " Well..... My main goal is to try and use my magic for good whether it be a quest, adventure and something else of the nature. I want to go and explore every corner of this kingdom and lands beyond that. Hopefully I can help people on the way while I'll do that." Friedrich said. " So , What do you want to accomplish by attending this University?" Friedrich asked him, glancing at he others around him. They seemed to be striking up conversations as well.

Vacuum Vacuum

.:: With ~ Rhea & Elric ::.

At first, Laelia didn't realize that the feminine voice nearby her had been directed at her. But after a moment she moved her attention from the sky and water to the girl. "Ehm, yes. I am waiting for the boat." As Rhea went on Laelia looked from her to the other nearby blur that must have been this Elric she mentioned. Her eyes flickered back to Rhea upon being called miss and her lips curled in slight amusement. "I'm Laelia." Now standing with one hand at her side and one hand on the railing of the dock Laelia faced the two strangers fully. "You mentioned being surprised at seeing multiple elves. Are we uncommon?" Laelia had always assumed most of the people around her were elves unless told otherwise. She couldn't particularly tell the difference between races, either way. Everyone looked the same to her. An indistinct blur of whatever color they happened to be wearing at the time brushed at the edges with flesh tones depending on how much skin showed. "And, if you don't mind, are you an elf?" That would explain Rhea's apparent excitement at seeing other elves. Also, a subtle way to hint at Laelia's lack of visual capabilities. Not everyone reacted the same way to her blindness, some didn't ever catch on until she told them explicitly. It was always an interesting experiment to meet new people.

Sash
Location: Docks - Interactions: Slav Slav - Mentioned: Kienwynn Kienwynn

"Ah, well that's quite noble of you." Sash exclaimed, quite surprised. "I've just come as a diviner for General Korvlot of Skallen." Sash's ears had keened around after seeing Fredrich look back. "Information is ever useful in warfare." Sash continued in a taciturn voice, mimicking that of Korvlot.

Sash then caught a slice of a conversation that intrigued him, so he leaned over to Fredrich and softly said "Did you hear that person just ask if another was an elf? It's hardly something that can be misunderstood." Sash's face looked bemused but still puzzled. Sash snatched another rock from his bag and began moving it around his palm.

Hanarei Hanarei Kienwynn Kienwynn

Elric studied the woman in front of him. Taking in everything that he could find out about her, trying to read her like a book. With her question, he looked over to Rhea, a small grin coming onto his face. "Well, I am actually only half elf, mother is an elf. And I do not think Rhea herself is an elf, unless elves got some new ears while I wasn't looking. Nothing against them, Rhea. This leads me to think you are blind, Miss Laelia. Interesting, very interesting." Elric leaned forward a bit, his hand going up to his chin as he rubbed it interested in this woman. He had never heard of a blind mage before, so this should be an interesting development. Looking over to Rhea, he now just thought of something. "Miss Rhea, tell a curious mind, but what exactly are you?"

latest
Flannery "Innes" Keith
Interactions: Open

"I just don't understand why you're so against this."

The crimson haired girl rolled her eyes and turned from watching the city and its people pass by the carriage window to face the blonde woman riding with her. "Because Máthair, Duke Keith has seen fit yet again to make life decisions for me without my say in the matter, or rather in spite of it. I'm being tossed out of the home I've always known, driven from the city and the people I love, to study a subject I've no interest in, in some in-between place I've bloody well never cared about. All because that man does not give a damn about me or my feelings!"

"Now Flannery, you know that's not true. Your father is simply doing what he feels is best for you." The duchess tried to reason with her, but the girl was having none of it. "He's doing this for me? Bollocks! That man only sees me as an investment, not a daughter!" Innes snapped, turning away to glare back out the window. "You can lie to yourself about his feelings all you want, but don't lie to me too."

They sat there for several minutes, the only sound the clopping of hooves and the rattling of wheels on cobblestone. Finally Innes sighed and returned her attention to her mother, her shoulders drooping. "I'm sorry, mum. That last bit was uncalled for."

"It's alright sweaty. You're going through a rough spot, I understand." Before much else could be said the carriage pulled to a stop and the driver announced that they had arrived. Innes glanced out the window once more and froze. "What's wrong, dear?"

"Why are we at the docks?" She asked slowly.

"Is this not where you're supposed to be?"

"Aye, but I was hoping to not flaunt my wealth in everyone's faces with the coach."

"Why not? I hardly see the point in being nobility if those around us aren't aware of it."

"Never mind, mum." Innes sighed, it being clear that this was something the two of them would never agree. Reminding people that one was better off than them was never a good way to make meaningful relationships in Innes' eyes, and her shirt alone cost more than many of these kids had probably seen in their entire lives so there was no lack of evidence to her wealth without cramming a carriage down their throats as well. She would have preferred to have gotten off a block away and walk to the dock, but it was to late now so she'd have to deal with it.

The servant came around to open the coach door and Innes started to get out when her mother caught her gently by the arm. "Now avourneen, rather than looking at this as a burden try looking at it as a new experience. A chance to learn new things, to meet new people, and make new friends."

Innes raised a brow. "Friends? I thought nobility couldn't have those." She teased.

"Last I checked you didn't care." Her mother threw back before pulling her into a hug. "Déithe faire ar do chonair, a chuisle mo chroí."

"Gráim thú, aul wan." Innes returned, planting a kiss on her cheek. "Don't let the duke marry me off while I'm gone."

"Not even to the prince?"

"Not even to the prince. Slán, Máthair." Finally stepping out of the carriage, Innes was met with the stares that she was expecting to come with such a fancy transport. Feeling her nerves get the better of her she took a moment to brush the wrinkles out of her vest and took a deep breath.

"Well, here we go..."

"They probably have bad eyesight though I don't know how your supposed to learn magic with the lack of eyesight." Friedrich replied quietly to Sash so others could not hear. His gaze shifted to someone arriving in a carriage, seemed like quite the entrance. A few moments later, a lady appeared. In a few seconds Friedrich could tell that she was a noble. " A noble, the last thing we need." Friedrich said to Sash. Friedrich wasn't very fond of nobles as they caused his family trouble back in his home province. Also Nobles tended to act entitled and like pretentious jackasses when he was around them. His experiences with them weren't great so he expected the same with the girl.

Interacted: Vacuum Vacuum Mentioned: Ian Temero Ian Temero

Last edited:
xn4pRz3.jpg
Rhea Valqen
Interacting: Elric Terrick Terrick , Laelia Kienwynn Kienwynn

Rhea looked on a bit surprised by her reaction. A bright smile was on her lips at the mentioning of her being an elf. She hadn't at all ever suspect someone would think she was that with her features as they were. A sense of pride filled her as if a ray of sunshine had been cast upon her from the heavens as what was one of the first times ever in her life she felt as if she might belong to a group. Sure, she was far closer related to a human but to be considered an elf was still a great honor perhaps in part due to her mannerism she learned from Cyran? She was about to speak all but eager to accept such a title until Elric spoke and completely ruined her moment.

Blind? Rhea's ears lowered a bit notably in disappointment. It was a rather stupid thing to get all worked up about in the first place being wrongly labeled as an elf but it still didn't change the fact she couldn't help but feel a bit upset it was clear the girl had only asked due to her words rather then seeing that aspect in her.... or seeing anything about her at all for that matter. A little pout formed on Rhea's face looking at Elric for a brief moment before finally relaxing herself a bit. Her ears lifted back up into their proper place. She always did have a bad habit of coming to conclusions far too quickly and reacting without much thought.Her eyes shifted back to Elric as she seemed a bit uneasy again at his question.

"Ah, um... well... I'm human... kinda... sorta...." She spoke scratching the back of her head nervously with a rather fake smile trying to come off less uneasy though her expression doing a terrible job at hiding how uneasy she was about really answering that kind of question. She glanced over to the docks as she seemed quick to try and find a reason to change topics desperate to clutch at anything she could.

"Fishing! Yes fishing! You must be really good at the fishing thing cause your blind... I mean... you probably have a good sense of touch because of it... I mean... err... do you like fishing, Laelia or well Elric?" She spoke as she blundered up her words. She realized how she might offend Laelia being blind rather quickly trying to shift the topic so ungracefully. She had done such a good job starting off and just as quickly as she had managed to establish a connection it felt like she as doing a good job of trying to sabotage it herself before anything could be made of it.

*DING!* *DING!* *DING!* A rather loud bell could be heard approaching the docks. Turning around, one would notice a large ferry cruising through the water to meet the dock. As the crew hands lassoed the ropes, a booming voice echoed. "All right, ferry's here! No pushing or shoving please! If you are a student, please present your letter and your directional charm before boarding; Headmaster's orders." Zenima nodded and waved to both Alex and Valerie as he moved towards the boat. Taking out his letter and directional charm, he presented both to the ferryman causing him to smile, "Welcome to Rodren University, Please gather in the main hall once you've arrived on the island." He handed back the letter and charm to Zen assured of its' authenticity before greeting the next aspiring student. Zen then took a seat on one of the benches and waited for the ferry to be off.

Arriving on the main island for any first timers was a sight to behold. Surrounded on all sides by water, the academy was housed in a giant sprawling castle with many towers, presumably each had their own use. Upon reaching the dock, the students were ushered into the castle and passed through a series of arched hallways before arriving at a ginormous hall filled with benches and seats. At the end of the hall sat another table that was perpendicular to the other tables with several seats behind it. Some were occupied, with presumably teachers, however, the main seat at the center of the table was empty. ~That must be the headmaster's seat~ Zenima thought. Undeterred, he sat down at a seat towards the front of the hall and awaited further instructions as to what was most certainly the beginning of his studies at Rodren University.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Hanarei Hanarei Ian Temero Ian Temero Slav Slav Terrick Terrick Vacuum Vacuum Kienwynn Kienwynn

Sash
Location: Docks - Interactions: Slav Slav - Mentions: Ian Temero Ian Temero

The thought of someone who couldn't see well learning magic intrigued Sash. "Perhaps they can use thier magic in some way that allows them to read." Sash mused quietly. Fredrich, having noticed a carriage, made some fairly harsh remarks by Sash's view. Sensing the sensitivity surrounding the subject he decided to play it safe. "Well by the looks of it she's having some trouble with herself being here as well" Sash jested, motioning vaugely in the girl's direction with his staff "I'd keep your opinions close to your heart though Fred, you never know what result can come when offending those higher up than you."

With that, the ferry had come around into the bay, and was ringing it's bell in warning to all who meant to take it. "I should quickly grab my bag" Sash clapped Fredrich on the shoulder "I'll see you on the ferry". Sash strode off the dock into the lightly forested area. Reaching down, he grabbed at a bush which rewarded him with a large duffel bag. The bag had been disguised with illusory magic by Sash earlierm so he would not need to carry it, nor risk his possessions being stolen.

The academy was as grand. This was well expected by Sash. Although most buildings this grand he had only viewed from the outside, and Sash was finding the inside a deal more impressive. He tried his best not to gawk at the grand tapestries and luxorious furniture strewn about the halls, but occasionally he couldn't help but swivel his head back to take a better look. Sash decided to take a seat near the middle of the hall, awaiting what appeared to be an introductary ceremony of some sort.

Friedrich showed his directional charm and letter to the man and got on the ferry. He couldn't wait to get to the university. When he arrived at the university, he marveled at the academy with it's intricate designs and the size of the structure. It truly was a beauty. The inside of the structure looked just as great, clearly done by a great architect. Friedrich arrived at the hall and stood there deciding where to sit. He decided to take a seat in the front most seat as he could as he would like to get a great look at the headmaster and so he could hear him better. He hasn't seen the headmaster before so he wanted to see how he carried himself.

aoi-ogata-puffinlow.jpg Valeris Tiren
Interaction:
Mentioned: Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe Vacuum Vacuum

Both surprised and pleased she guessed right, Valeris gave the boy a smile, nodding slightly as he spoke. After he stopped speaking to Alex, Valeris opened her mouth to say something when the ferry arrived. Waving slightly as Zen walked away, she turned to Alex. "I'll see you later then, okay? But feel free to sit with me on the ferry," She said, before joining th line of students. With the letter and charm ready, Valeris got on-board fairly quickly, giving her a few minutes to find a good spot quickly so that if she felt the need to vomit on the ride, she could do so. Valeris hated boats, she hated water like this, so she kept to herelf most of the ride to the island. Truly, this was a once in a life time opportunity, but a horrible decision based on her hate for the water.

When they arrived, she was one of the first off the ferry, taking a moment to compose herself, before following the crowd of students. Many, upon entering the large hall, made for ththe front to get a good veiw, or to sit with people they already knew. Valeris went for the middle of the hall, taking a seat next to an Elven man? Boy? He looked a little older than most of the people around her, but that didn't matter. Instead, to pass some time, she pulled the brown leather journal off her belt, flipping to the latest page to finish a small drawing for the corresponding spell. It something her grandmother taught her how to do, especially for ritual spells, like this one.

.:: Mentioned: Elric Terrick Terrick and Rhea Hanarei Hanarei ::.​

"You would be right, I am quite blind." Elric's look of intrigue was undoubtedly completely lost to her as she gave own best impression of the same thing when Rhea stumblingly avoided his question. But before she could open her mouth a loud bell sounded from out over the water. This seemed to quiet most of the people present, but excited chatter quickly ensued after a man's deep voice directed every student to display their letters and directional charms before boarding. "Well, I think that is our ride. Good luck to you both in your studies."

Even though she had said her goodbye to the two she had met she held back from the crowd. Laelia was still uncertain of this ferry ride, uncertain of the academy that it would bring her to. She squeezed the directional charm she had been holding. The only way to know was to do. So she put herself into line, exposing her letter and charm when directed. The rest was fairly easy, almost a game of 'follow the leader,' as the students all were heading to the same place. Notably, the ferry ride was smoother than she expected. The large boat breaking its way through the water drowned out most of the crowd's noise.

When they arrived on the island she listened as the students around her were awed by the architecture of the university. However, Laelia was not impressed. A big stone building, delightful. If she didn't miss her forested home already, this was the icing on the cake. She followed the flow of the students through the colorful halls into the grand hall where the students dispersed. It took her a moment to realize that they were all finding seats. "I should have expected everything here to be dead." She mumbled to herself. The only saving grace was the people, their presence let her orient herself and find a seat near the back of the hall. There was no real need for her to be up close to see anything. Especially, as more people entered and seated themselves she was better able to evaluate the size and layout of the room. It was enormous, able to seat many more than were present it seemed like. A series of tables ran perpendicular to one long table where she assumed the professors sat. She supposed the castle must have been very visually impressive.

Alex Dias
Mentioned: FireMaiden FireMaiden Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

Alex watched as Valeris gracefully poked at Zen trying to figure out what he did before and what his line of work was Alex still stayed close to Valeris she had problems when it came to trusting people especially men but Alex so far didn't have a problem with Valeris so she was used as an anchor of sorts. Both Valeris and Zen were saying that they wouldn't bite and that Alex didn't have anything to worry about but she still couldn't help but be nervous Alex started thinking maybe being social was a little bit to fast paced for her and she was going to excuse herself when the ferry arrived Zen said his goodbye and Valeris turned towards Alex saying her goodbyes and that Alex could sit with her on the ferry. Alex watched in frozen silence as Valeris went and joined the line of students getting on the ferry Alex hesitated to move closer to the ferry before her fey spoke up from the back of her head
"Why are you hesitating? Right before you is the life you yearn for, You just have to leave your shell..." Alex sighed taking another step forward the fey was right she always wanted to be a social butterfly but she didn't imagine it would be this difficult to trust people.
Alex had a little trouble getting on the ferry as she was both a nervous wreck and the last student onboard she quickly saw Valeris and took a half step towards her before the sea breeze caught her attention she wanted to get a good view of the water. Alex looked around and found a secluded area of the boat and held on tightly to the safety railing and jumped overboard slowly lowering herself down touching the cold water causing her to smile before she pulled herself back up, she repeated this many times giggling like a school girl the whole time.
When the ferry arrived at the island Alex followed the crowd from a slight distance into the large hall she stayed in the back looking around seeing if she could spot Zen or maybe Valeris but she couldn't see through the sea of faces. To pass the time she pulled out another small piece of wood and started to whittle she put her bag on the ground to catch the shavings, this caused a few people to look at her a few nobles scoffed at her while some commoners admired the carving she was making slowly a form started to take the small block of wood a mermaid was being carved into the wood. Alex remembered back when her mother would read her night time stories about mermaids and decided to carve on now while waiting, The detail on the mermaid was not that well done which caused some nobles to laugh at her lack of skill but Alex had never seen a mermaid before so she didn't have a template to go off of, she felt her face grow hot and her eyes watered a little bit as some children where getting especially vocal with her saying her carving was worthless and useless.

xn4pRz3.jpg
Rhea Valqen
Interacting: Elric Terrick Terrick , Laelia Kienwynn Kienwynn , Zenima Clockwork Syringe Clockwork Syringe

The sound of the bell seemed to be what saved her from the potential risk of Elric's question being pushed at more with her fumbling attempt to change topics. It was probably something she would need to say at some point, it wasn't as if she had any sort of luxury of hiding it. It was difficult enough trying to do so while in disguise in a town since a hood couldn't exactly cover her eyes after all. There was practically no chance given she would constantly be around others in the school she could ever try and mute her abnormal features. Truthfully though she wasn't sure exactly what to say she was. As far as she knew both her parents were human though Cyran was always a bit uneasy particularly when getting into any details. She looked to Laelia giving a notable nod in response, realizing shortly after what a dumb of a thing it was for someone who was blind.

"Good luck to you too!" She spoke out hastily as Laelia wandered off to board the boat. She bowed her head to Elric knowing this time he could at the very least see her gesture. "I'll see you as well!" She spoke uncertain what else she say in parting. Rhea stumbled to boat, fumbling to show her letter and charm. She couldn't deny the fact she could feel rather uneasy eyes looking upon her and more skeptically investing what was effectively her boarding pass before giving in and allowing her entry. It was hard to tell if the look was out of fear of her or just simply viewing it as some dumb kid trying to pull some sort of prank to slip their way in.

Arriving upon the island, she joined the many who seemed to look upon the place with wonder. While it wasn't as comforting as the embrace of mother nature being in the forest there was a certain charm to the place. It didn't help that she wasn't all that experienced with much of the world so such large manmade structures were very impressive to the girl. Cyran had admitted to being familiar to the place though he had purposely been vague with the details. He said he 'didn't want to ruin the surprise' though Rhea always felt as if it was just a poor excuse to try and hide something. Probably something embarrassing in his past. Making her way in the hall she sat down next to a human boy Zenima, feeling a bit awkward at first but realizing it would be expected to be sitting next to someone at such a gathering. She felt a bit more unsure of herself when it came to interacting with humans, though she finally found her voice after a brief pause.

"Well this is a rather nice place, wouldn't you say? They just go about pulling off all the stops for introductions here huh?" She spoke up trying her best to start casual conversation coming off with some confidence even if deep down she was anything but confident in speaking. She was afraid of a backlash even if her rather outgoing speech might try and hide otherwise.

Sash

Sash sat at a relaxed mlitary attention in his seat, waiting to be addressed by the officials up front. This had been how he had learned to wait in Skallan, the now familiar relaxed discipline calmed him and cleared his mind for anything that lay ahead. A low rumble of quiet voices slowly started in the room as more students filed in, and a girl sat beside him. Sash studied her in his periphery. She looked well put together, and was wearing clothing that seemed to be high quality. She took out a book with some notes and what looked like arcane drawings within, continuing on a precise and intricate piece. This piqued Sash's curiosity, as his magic lessons had not included writing or drawing of this sort. Staying on the safe side of courtesy, Sash glanced over and put on a friendly smile "Pardon the rudeness of my intrusion my lady," keeping his warm tone he continued with curiosity "but I was wondering if you might indulge me on what the purpose of the writings and illustrations in that book are?"

aoi-ogata-puffinlow.jpg Valeris Tiren
Interaction: Vacuum Vacuum
Mentioned:

She was almost to focused in her drawing, that she was very close to Not noticing when the boy sitting next to her spoke. Looking up, she smiled. "Spells. I'm transferring some the spells from this book," she shifted her cloak slightly to show the old spell book her grandmother had given her, "Into the newer one. With some added spells of my own of course. Guidelines and such for those who want them, and for those who need them." She looked back to her drawing. It was of a flower native to Odalor that her grandmother recommended to use when being something back to life. It, combined with a few other things, would make the binding a little stronger. "This will probably stay in my family for years, so incase the original gets damaged, we'll have a back up." She paused for a moment, before turning slightly in her seat., turning the page back. "Like this spell. It will summon a murder of crows with a crowd skull, but some people can't tell the different between a crow and a raven because they look similar, so it has ritual instructions, and some advice on how to make sure you get the correct type of skull."

"Well this is a rather nice place, wouldn't you say? They just go about pulling off all the stops for introductions here huh?" Zenima turned to his left to see a girl sitting next to him attempting to make conversation. "I mostly think this is standard for them," Zenima began. "If they were pulling out all the stops there would be a bit more color around the place. Oh forgive my manners," Zenima held out a hand, "My name is Zenima"

Hanarei Hanarei

Users who are viewing this thread

Back