• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Something Dark

Atom

Suffers from Selective Memory
I'm feeling like a dark and cruel type rebellion RP where the chance of failure is extremely easy and success is near impossible. And by dark I mean dark. Like dealing with the true problems of a totalitarian government ruling with an iron fist. Zero censorship other than what the site rules demand. Like we'd need an age limit and graphic violence warning.

Except I don't want to run it...

I want it but...

I'm running two other things lol

Any competent writers who like the idea think they could do it?

I think i need someone with more writing experience to write it, sorry.

Preferably someone that doesn't react negatively to a polite rejection. Thanks anyways!

Ello, ello. Conspiratorial government oppression is right up my alley. So many possibilities. I’m also a sucker for the controversial (i.e., the dark stuff).

I might be interested in taking this on. Did you have any particular thoughts regarding what the government is doing to oppress citizens? What is the main issue here? For example, in another role-play of mine, conception of children has been made illegal as a means of population control—an offense punishable by death.

Ettra said:
Ello, ello. Conspiratorial government oppression is right up my alley. So many possibilities. I’m also a sucker for the controversial (i.e., the dark stuff).
I might be interested in taking this on. Did you have any particular thoughts regarding what the government is doing to oppress citizens? What is the main issue here? For example, in another role-play of mine, conception of children has been made illegal as a means of population control—an offense punishable by death.
I'm actually not really setting what I want. That's up to you if you take it on. I really just want the main idea here xD

it could be that in the future that kids got kicked out for becoming too advanced and so it is a war between kids and adults. where the adults have like current time weapon and the kids have future weapon. or they could have powers like in rwby

Atom said:
I'm actually not really setting what I want. That's up to you if you take it on. I really just want the main idea here xD
Cool beans. Let me do some brainstorming, and I'll shoot some ideas at you in a bit.

I'd be interested to see where Ettra takes this. I love the flavour of dark dystopian sci-fi.

When you mentioned the theme I could immediately picture your totalitarian government constantly vigilant over its repressed populace for dissent through the use of robotics and faceless soldiers, total power held by a few and enforced with a technologically augmented iron fist. To my mind this fits better with a future world that's perhaps more advanced than ours by a few centuries, I find it less easy to reconcile with a star-spanning empire.

I'd love to explore characters on both sides of the fence, rebellious cynical downtrodden future-commoner appeals to me just as much as a bitter inquisitorial bloodhound with a superiority complex.

Soluxis said:
I'd be interested to see where Ettra takes this. I love the flavour of dark dystopian sci-fi.
Soluxis, would you be interested in a collaboration of ideas? It sounds like you have more of an image in mind of the setting/environment, while I am currently brainstorming government policies. Both of those combined would make for one radical plot.

Ettra said:
Soluxis, would you be interested in a collaboration of ideas? It sounds like you have more of an image in mind of the setting/environment, while I am currently brainstorming government policies. Both of those combined would make for one radical plot.
I'd certainly be up for a bit of brainstorming. I'll probably only be able to get started in earnest next week though, since I'm flying to Germany on Saturday and will be fairly incommunicado until Thursday. If this is okay, I can ruminate while I'm away and pool ideas with you once I'm back, but feel free to forge ahead if you don't want to wait. I'll probably get a modicum of free time tomorrow to sling some ideas back and forth, too.

Depending on the timeframe, a tuned version of Shadowrun, Dark Heresy or nWoD could be utilised. What sort of roleplay are ye looking for?

Sorry, just offering a suggestion for system; I was not offering to run it. Eclipse Phase may be suitable, thematically.

Soluxis said:
I'd certainly be up for a bit of brainstorming. I'll probably only be able to get started in earnest next week though, since I'm flying to Germany on Saturday and will be fairly incommunicado until Thursday. If this is okay, I can ruminate while I'm away and pool ideas with you once I'm back, but feel free to forge ahead if you don't want to wait. I'll probably get a modicum of free time tomorrow to sling some ideas back and forth, too.
Sounds excellent. Would you like to hash out our ideas over private message or on this thread? I will have some time after work today and tomorrow to toss around some options. Atom's input is always welcome, too. :)

Ettra said:
Sounds excellent. Would you like to hash out our ideas over private message or on this thread? I will have some time after work today and tomorrow to toss around some options. Atom's input is always welcome, too. :)
I'll provide ideas for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back