• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Something Dark

I'm inclined to think that this thread might present the best option, since a 3-way PM conversation might be beyond my newbie abilities. Expect a more lengthty post tomorrow morning (when I'm not typing on my phone!) Detailing my initial thoughts and ideas but I think the first and most important question we need to address is our world. Assuming folks are fine with a world a couple of centuries more advanced than our own (and with extended spaceflight being out of reach still) the largest question Iis this: do we set it on earth in the future with our imaginations conjuring the intervening years and the rise of the totalitarian government? Or do we invent our world, several thousand years of human history, and our individual nations that eventually led to one omnipotent political power.

Both have advantages, while the first allows us lots of source material and a fun excercise for predicting a dark future for ourselves, the second allows us to flex our creative muscles more. And would also allow for more outlandish worlds (for example, a binary system with two suns, or a world orbiting a dying red giant).

Soluxis said:
I'm inclined to think that this thread might present the best option, since a 3-way PM conversation might be beyond my newbie abilities. Expect a more lengthty post tomorrow morning (when I'm not typing on my phone!) Detailing my initial thoughts and ideas but I think the first and most important question we need to address is our world. Assuming folks are fine with a world a couple of centuries more advanced than our own (and with extended spaceflight being out of reach still) the largest question Iis this: do we set it on earth in the future with our imaginations conjuring the intervening years and the rise of the totalitarian government? Or do we invent our world, several thousand years of human history, and our individual nations that eventually led to one omnipotent political power.
Both have advantages, while the first allows us lots of source material and a fun excercise for predicting a dark future for ourselves, the second allows us to flex our creative muscles more. And would also allow for more outlandish worlds (for example, a binary system with two suns, or a world orbiting a dying red giant).
I was thinking option two would be too much work.

Then you mentioned binary sun. Now my minds ticking.

Also I can make us a conversation. It'll be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back