• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

"I'm much too heavy for you to carry!" she laughs. "I might look like a pretty prim Pokemon but under all this fur I'm still a heavyweight! I would like to meet your friends, though. I sensed you brought a Gardevoir, among others. I love Gardevoir. You don't suppose I'd have a chance with her, do you?"

"You'll find I am nothing like other humans Sandy. And the average Delphox weighs far less than the max that I can carry. How about a piggy back ride?"

He smiles and turns away from her offering his back.

"Think of it like a trust exercise while we are getting to know one another."

"Well...alright," she says. She looks around for a foothold, then finally decides to just take a leap of faith, jumping on and holding on.

"You didn't answer my previous question, so I'm guessing Gardevoir is taken? Also...you are strong."

Chuckling nervously he wraps his arms around her legs and lets her wrap her paws around his neck. Once he has her secured he stands up like she weighs almost nothing and begins the journey to his party's room. They were probably all wondering what he was up to at this point. No doubt they were starting to get worried since he hadn't even eaten his meal yet.

"Gardevoir's name is Charlie and let's just say that our......relationship.....it's complicated. If you become good enough friends with her I'm sure one day she'll decide to share her story minus some of the more horrific details of course."

Arriving at the door he lets her slide down his back, back onto her own feet before he opens the door to the room where he is immediately greeted by his pokemon.

"Alright. Alright. I'm back. I wasn't honestly gone that long. Did everyone eat at least?"

With that Venusaur let out a loud belch in the back of the group.

"Guess at least one of you did," Kyle replied with a chuckle. "Everyone I invited Sandy to join us tonight. I want us all to be good friends. We were hired by her trainer to teach her how to be a good and strong pokemon. And to win shows like we did earlier today of course."

The general response is warm and friendly, more so than Sandy expected, and she quickly feels quite at home, though Kyle's words about Charlie stick in her mind a bit.

"I endeavored to save you a decent portion," says Charlie silently. "The Delphox seems very sweet-natured."

"Thank you all for your kindness. I hope I can be of use to you all...but also a good teammate," says Sandy earnestly.

"Cheers to that!" shouts Cynthia.

Smiling at the welcome that Sandy received he sits down by his plate. Smiling over to Charlie he turns to look back at Sandy who is still interacting with the others.

"She does seem to be very sweet. We'll have to start tomorrow with getting her ready for training with everyone. Think you're up to the challenge beautiful?" he replies telepathically to her.

Turning to the other pokemon he calls Charmeleon over and carefully hands him the dish.

"Don't overdo it Char. Just want it warmed up a little."

"Alright," he responds before lifting the plate up and spitting out a small streak of flame like a pilot light on a space heater. After approximately 20 seconds he sets the plate back down onto the table. "Let it cool a few seconds Kyle."

Kyle nods as he pets Charmeleon's head and watches the rest of the party interacting and having a good time in the room. Turning back to Charlie he gives her a smile before digging in and speaking to her telepathically again.

"I wonder how much actual interaction she's had around here. She's the only pokemon I've heard our employer talk about and the other ones that come and go seem to be kept pretty busy before they get shipped off."

"I can handle it, I think," she replies with a slight smile. "I do wonder if she's as easy to train as her sweet mindset would seem to imply."

Cynthia and the others keep the Delphox busy with stories, and pretty soon she's showing off how she can blow smoke rings.

"From what I'm gathering of her behavior, most of her Pokemon interactions are in passing. In other words, she never meets anyone for very long. I have a feeling perhaps she's been trained to expect people and Pokemon alike to leave, whether that training was intentional or otherwise."

Sandy has begun enthusiastically describing the house, as well as her trainer.

"He even gave me a room all to myself. All I have to do is ring a bell and someone will come give me nice things!"

"I am somewhat concerned, however, that her being his prize Pokemon has also resulted in a different form of neglect. Perhaps she doesn't need training as much as she needs friends. Although she needs training too, of course. I'll have to watch Cynthia to keep them from getting into too much mischief together."

Sandy gives Charlie a long look before looking back to Kyle.

"So when do I start?"

"We start training tomorrow. Immediately after breakfast. I hope everyone is ready. I might spar with her a little myself just to see where she's at. Once we've gauged her levels I'll probably have her spar with everyone that she has a weakness to. Seeing as she's fire/psychic I would probably utilize Haunter, Wartortle, and Cynthia. If we need to develop her psychic training further I'll have you step in Charlie seeing as you are more adept at it than I."

Finishing his meal he glances to Charlie before speaking to her telepathically.

"I'm also worried that she might be a little spoiled by her lavish lifestyle. I wonder if she's known any hard work. We might have our work cut out for us with this one. She does seem sweet but I wonder if she knows the meaning of the word effort."

Turning back to watch Sandy with the others he looks up at the clock to see that it's supposedly getting close to bed time.

"Alright everyone. I'm glad we all got off on a good foot/paw but we all need to get some rest. Training starts tomorrow and I want everyone to be in top shape just incase. Sandy will you be able to show us a wide spacious outdoor space where we could all train tomorrow? I want it far enough away from the house and stables that a stray attack isn't going to burn down or blow up the place."

"I've never battled a human before," says Sandy with wide eyes. "As for those others you mention, that sounds great! I can definitely find us a space in the yard. There's an open grove in the middle of the woods in the back. I'll take you there tomorrow. Umm....I'm gonna go to bed now...thanks for being so nice to me."

"It's clear from the tufts of her ears and tail that she hasn't been through much in the way of physical labor. I don't know if that's because everything has been given to her or if her mind is just really strong, though. I think she's eager to please -- most canine Pokemon are -- but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a hand to hand fight was her weak point. To be fair, she's supposed to be a contest bred Pokemon -- they aren't exactly known for being overworked -- but if we can help her overcome internal limitations...and maybe gain a little more focus in her training -- I feel confident we can make progress."

Sandy winks before she exits.

Turning towards Sandy as she speaks Kyle decides to speak before she goes.

"I'm glad you're excited to get started Sandy but I want you to know. As friendly as we are today we take training seriously. We can have fun but we put forth our best effort every time we are trying to get stronger. As such in sparring matches once we've gauged your moves and the power behind them as well as your agility and such we don't go easy during the actual sparring. We do our best not to seriously injure each other but it can happen should someone lose their focus or not give it their all. I just want you to be prepared for what's coming tomorrow. Don't be scared because we don't want to hurt you but it could happen is all we are saying."

Turning back to Charlie as she speaks to him telepathically he spins in time to see Sandy before she leaves.

"Alright," she says slowly. "I know accidents happen. I'll try not to hurt anyone. I'll be sure to be alert and ready too." With that, she vanishes.

"I think she'll be okay," says Charlie with a hint of a smile. "She might be nervous, but I'll be surprised if she's not strong."

The Gardevoir lets out a big yawn, and Cynthia does too.

"I'll admit I'm beginning to tire...I could...use....zzzz..."

Turning back to the rest of his team he gives them all smiles as they start to grow weary. When Charlie speaks he tends to concentrate on her and thus ensures to make eye contact.

"Let's all get ready for bed then. I'm going to get a quick shower first. Everyone find your spots. I won't take long."

True to his word he takes little less than 10 minutes to get cleaned up and changed into his pajamas. Carefully crawling into the bed he notices that some of them have already fallen asleep which brings a smile to his face.

"Really do hope that we are safe here. This guy definitely seems to have the money and staff to dissuade a full on assault from Team Rocket," he thinks to himself.

Casting his worries from his mind so as not to worry the psychic pokemon girl that would be laying next to him he lays down in the bed and pulls her in close to him while the others cuddle up around and on the bed.

She shifts a little in place as he settles in. "I'm already asleep. This has been a big week for us. You know, I scanned the perimeter before going to sleep. This place is not only huge, but has guards everywhere. Team Rocket isn't getting in unless they already have folks working here, and a basic memory scan of the staff came up clean. I think we're actually, finally, safe. It's nice of you to snuggle up close-- I am the 'Embrace Pokemon' after all. Did you have anything you wanted to add? Or any other thoughts?"

Elsewhere, Sandy stares out the window for a bit, then lies down. "I have to find a way to get Gardevoir interested. Hm..." She turns over and falls asleep.

"I'm sorry Charlie. I didn't mean to wake you."

Settling in he drapes an arm around her and closes his eyes, relaxing until he falls asleep. He would let Charlie know tomorrow about Sandy's interest. He didn't want her to worry tonight and avoid sleeping.

The next day comes quietly enough. For once, Charlie hasn't moved, evidently content to rest by her friend and trainer. Cynthia is the first one up, or so it seems, as she comes onto the bed and gently nuzzles Kyle's face.

"Hey...good morning. You lovebirds gonna get up?"

Feeling something nuzzling his face he lazily blinks open his eyes to see Cynthia. Her words don't even register at first as he gives her a groggy smile and pets her head with his free hand.

"I'm up," he mumbles with a stretch before carefully removing his other arm from under Charlie. "Good morning sleeping beauty."

Looking around the room to see if the others are up he yawns out a "Good morning everyone."

Cynthia chuckles. "Morning! Sorry if my waking was a little rough. I just figured this was when you usually get up."

Charlie makes an almost purring sound, but doesn't wake up completely. "Good morning....."

The others respons with various sleepy grunts and sounds.

There's a knock at the door.

"It was cute Cynthia," he replies before hearing the knock at the door.

Walking over to it he cracks open the door and looks out to see who is at the door. Making sure to look around and down towards the floor incase of it being Sandy he opens the door the rest of the way.

"Hello? Can I help you?"

It is Sandy. "Morning, friend! Oh gosh...did I wake you up? Sorry. I was thinking you wanted me to come and train but now I see you weren't ready and that's my mistake and I'll go get breakfast made for you and Gardevoir so sorry I really didn't mean to wake you--" she's off in the opposite direction.

"Morning," he attempts to get out but is interrupted by her worried tirade and her running off.

Sighing he turns back to the others.

"I think we're going to have our hands full today. That was Sandy eagerly awaiting us to get the day started. She said she was going to get breakfast made for us."

Looking around at everyone to see that they were up, albeit a little groggy still he headed further into the room.

"I'm going to get changed so that I'm dressed for the day. You can answer the door should Sandy return."

The others nod sleepily. Charlie sits up and blinks a couple of times, then stretches.

"Funny how I don't have to shower anymore. Um...yeah. Okay."

Cynthia licks her a couple times, chuckling. "We'll keep occupied somehow."

Elsewhere, Sandy rushes around the kitchen, trying to help. After a few minutes she has a cart ready and dashes upstairs with it.

Turning back to Charlie at her comment he smirks.

"You could shower if you like. I'm sure Cynthia and the others could get the door if need be."

Grabbing his athletic/training clothes out of his bag he got dressed and brushed his teeth as quickly as he could before letting the door open for Charlie should she actually want to shower.

"It's all yours milady."

She nods, stepping inside. "Um...would you mind helping me with the soap? And the handle? I don't really have thumbs anymore...so I can't really..." She scratches her head, but then shakes it off. She's just a Pokemon after all. "I need help bathing. I can't do it myself."

Cynthia follows Charmeleon to the door and waits nearby in case Sandy appears.

The hurried Delphox takes the elevator, but spills the coffee once she reaches the top. Flabbergasted, she dashes back downstairs and loudly requests a new pot.

Blushing slightly he follows her into the bathroom and turns on the water to a slightly cooler temperature than where he would have it for his shower. He always liked his showers hot after a long day of training. Stepping back he waits for her to test the water to see if it's an okay temperature.

"This temperature alright?"

Waiting for her response before he does anything else he does his best to control the heat rising to his cheeks. She was a pokemon now but he still partially sees her as the human girl that he met back in his home village. As such this was the closest to a woman he has ever been.

"Yes, this is nice, thank you." She nods, lightly stepping into the tub. "Can you help me get soapy?"

Then she notices his blush. "Oh, I'm sorry. If this is too embarrassing for you I'll figure something else out."

Sandy finally gets her coffee, places it on the cart, and heads back upstairs, though more carefully this time.

Cynthia can't help but yawn, still being sleepy, but she does take note of her trainer and friend before she begins to doze again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back