• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

Smiling at Cynthia and the others as they all marveled at their new accomodations Kyle turns back to Miles when he states that he would leave them be to settle in. Watching his pokemon after Miles leaves the room with his Delphox, Kyle witnesses as they each pick their own spots as for where they're going to rest when the time comes. Venusaur as expected picked the spot by the window so that he could absorb plenty of sunlight.

When Charlie nudges Kyle he chuckles at Cynthia's antics.

"I guess so. You'd swear she's never seen an apartment before," he replied with a smile as he patted Charlie's head before putting his arm around her. "You obviously have a decision as well young lady. You want left or right side of the bed?"

Charlie giggles. "Uh...right. I like that side -- it faces the windows." For a moment he can hear a sound vaguely like a purr, before she blushes slightly.

"Do we really get this whole room to ourselves?" Cynthia says with an excited grin.

"It would appear so. Miles is wealthy indeed...not to mention generous. I am rather eager to better acquaint myself with his Pokemon. I wonder what she's like."

"I never thought Kyle was going to win us a life of luxury," giggles the Vaporeon, hopping down and walking to the TV. "Does this thing work?"

"Cynthia you and I both know that you and Charlie both contributed to that victory. I just acted like I was in charge but you two came up with your own routines and everything."

Turning back to Charlie after she spoke about getting better acquainted with Sandy Kyle takes it as his opportunity.

"Char, do you know anything about Delphox? Quite honestly I know very little."

"Oh, don't be silly," says Cynthia. "This never would have worked without you, and we all know it."

Charlie shakes her head. "I know their typing. Like me, they're powerful psychics. They also possess excellent fire direction skills, and are known as intensely dedicated to their craft. They tend to have tight knit family units, and love to play games. But that's just a general overview. I can't speak for the individuals. That said -- Sandy is attracted to one of your Pokemon, as far as I could tell."

"I'm not saying I didn't contribute. I'm simply saying that you shouldn't sell yourselves short. You guys did a bunch of the bull work to get us here."

Listening to Charlie as she explained about Delphox and Sandy his curiosity was piqued when she mentioned about Sandy being attracted to one of his pokemon.

"Which pokemon would it possibly be?"

Looking around the room he tried to figure out which one it could be for himself.

Cynthia giggles. "Alright, fair enough. That said...where's the food around here? I think maybe I'm a bit on the hungry side, if you don't mind my saying so."

Charlie shrugs. "She knows I'm a psychic, so she blocked me from scanning her mind -- but not enough to keep me from realizing the first part. If you can figure it out, maybe you can use that fact to train her."

Elsewhere, Sandy is daydreaming.

"You're not hungry are you? How about it everybody? Should we see about getting some food in this place?"

With all of them cheering he smiled and waited for them to calm down before he pressed the button to the intercom.

"Um...hello? This is Kyle, the trainer in the suite that will be training Sandy the Delphox? We were wondering what do we do to get some food here?"

"Oh, I can help with that!" says a cheerful voice on the other end. "Give me a few minutes and I'll be right up!"

"That voice sounded strange," says Cynthia.

"Don't be harsh," says Charlie. "Humans have a variety of voices. It's part of what makes them unique. That said..." she looks at Kyle sideways, "That was certainly the voice of a Pokemon speaking a human language."

"Lessee...table for seven to the trainer's suite. Okay...I think I'm ready!"

Looking to Cynthia with a smirk he kneels down and pets her. "Charlie is right. Let's be polite while we are here. They are providing us employment as well as a safe place to stay without having to worry too much about a Team Rocket attack."

Turning back to Charlie and standing as she telepaths to him he smirks.

"As long as you're certain. Should be interesting to meet such a pokemon."

Cynthia nods. "Of course. This is really a wonderful setup. We're really lucky."

"I'd say we're blessed indeed. I never thought I'd live in a mansion."

*knock knock*

"Room service!"

Opening the door Kyle smiles at the one who brought them their food.

"Thank you very much. We appreciate it."

Turning back to the others inside the room with a smile.

"Who's ready to eat?"

"I am," says Charlie. "Did you notice the delivery courier was the same voice we heard earlier? I didn't get a glimpse, but I think it really was a Pokemon! They must train rather holistically here."

"What did they bring us?" Cynthia jumps down and looks at the array curiously.

Smiling over at Charlie's enthusiasm he sat down in preparation to begin eating.

"I did. I would assume so. A lot of trainers and breeders as well prefer to do so as naturally as possible. All of my treats that I feed you guys are made from entirely natural ingredients."

Turning to Cynthia he runs his hand from her head down towards her tail as she walks by as if he were petting a pet.

"It looks like a wide array of dishes. I'm pretty sure there'll be something here for everyone to enjoy. Let's eat everyone."

"Well that's good to know," replies Cynthia. "I've never liked mystery meat -- now this looks fantastic...and that feels pretty good, too!" she responds by giving Kyle an affectionate lick on the hand.

Charlie has attempted to spread the various plates out a bit. "You first, Kyle."

A loud noise from downstairs indicates that Sandy is tearing about.

"I think we can safely assume that sound wasn't supposed to be made," nods Charlie.

"It can't be a big deal, right?" Cynthia eyes the cakes.

"I am unsure. Everyone stay here and enjoy your supper. I'm going to go and check on Sandy. Perhaps it's only a ploy to garner some attention from her trainer. Or it could be that she was playing by herself and had an accident. Either way now that I'm supposed to be training her it would look good for me to show my face."

With that he stood and made his way to the door. Looking back from the doorway as he opened it slightly.

"I mean it. Do not follow. Stay here and enjoy the meal. I'll be back for mine later. When I reenter the room Charmeleon can reheat it for me, right bud?"

Everyone nods, knowing better than to argue. Charlie's look does indicate concern, of course, but the others return to their food.

The door creaks a little, but as soon as Kyle exits he can see Sandy sprawled less than gracefully across the bannister. She looks up and turns a bit red.

"So much for impressing the new trainer," she mumbles. "I wonder how long this one will last..."

Stepping closer to Sandy, Kyle offers her a smile.

"You certainly have good balance laying on the banister like that but why don't you get down for now so that if you fall asleep you don't fall off and get hurt, okay?"

Looking around to see if anyone was watching the two of them he offers her a hand.

"If you don't mind me asking what was that loud noise that I heard moments ago?"

"Um...he's pleasant," she says, not realizing you understand her. She slowly lowers herself off, then fully understands the question.

"Wait! You mean you can talk to me? Uh, well, I...I...I got...excited...and broke something."

She takes his hand and growls not in a hostile, but rather a nervous, fashion.

"You're my new boss, huh?"

Gently shaking her paw he gives her a smile before releasing it.

"Of course I can understand you Sandy. I can understand all of the pokemon with me as well."

Looking her over he sighed a breath of relief.

"Well at least you're not injured. Why don't you and I both go see if we can't fix up whatever got broken, shall we?"

When she mentions about him being a boss he chuckles.

"I'm sorry Sandy. I don't work like that. I'm not laughing at you. My belief as a trainer is that pokemon and their trainer should be equal partners. My pokemon are all my friends and family. I'm looking forward to the two of us becoming friends as well."

"That's...kinda like my trainer. I didn't know the two of you had the same ideas about training. I think I'm going to like working...with you," she says with a hint of a smile. "But how did you learn to speak to Pokemon? Not everyone can do that, you know. Did it have something to do with that Gardevoir?"

She gestures down the stairs. "It's the cactus. I didn't mean to but I think I baked it when practicing my Psyshock. I don't think it can be fixed."

"That's quite alright. I'm sure your trainer will understand if he notices. But how about we make up a new rule to follow? No practice or using any pokemon moves while in the house or inside a building, okay?"

Walking with her towards where the cactus was he saw that she had destroyed the pot holding the plant with her attack. Picking up the plant he smiled down at Sandy as he walked towards what he hoped was an external door.

"You probably know this place better than I. Why don't you show me to the outside so that I can put this somewhere out of the way and then we'll go back in and clean up the dirt and pot pieces?"

"Yes sir," she says, following Kyle and watching as he surveys the wreck. "Follow me outdoors."

She leads the way to the backyard, which is a venerable forest past the extensive porch. "I like to play out here. You shouldn't have to clean up my mess, though. I can do it," she murmurs.
"I wonder what Kyle's doing," says Cynthia.

Following Sandy he walks with her out into the forest and sets down the cactus on the ground. Turning back towards her he smiles.

"Now let's just go clean up the dirt and pot pieces and we'll be all done," he replies beginning the walk back inside with her following. "Of course I'm going to help you. Raising a pokemon isn't just about battle experience and teaching them the most powerful moves. It's also tutoring them in how to become the best pokemon they can be. One that others can rely on and who selflessly helps others instead of putting them down. Sure it's nice to win matches but what's even greater I think is all of the precious moments you spend together outside of battle. In the end that's what we will all remember the most after all."

Once back inside he asks one of the employees for a dustpan and a broom.

"I won't always be here to do this for you Sandy but while I am I want you to know that you can count on me and your other friends up in my room. That's what being friends and a family is all about."

She watches, then nods, then smiles.

"That's really...deep. I didn't know a trainer could think of Pokemon like that. Makes me sort of excited to learn from you!"

When the employee brings the room she gently takes it and uses a Psychic to direct its movement.

"I want to help," she says calmly. "Did my trainer hire you to help me be a better performer?"

"You can become a better performer with practice but attitude comes before aptitude. Lesson 1," he replies with a smirk as he stands back and watches her work.

Once she finishes cleaning he grabs the pan and the broom from her and hands it back to one of the staff who knows where it belongs. Returning to Sandy's side he smiles and offers her his hand as he kneels down.

"Care to take a ride? The others should be finished eating by now and I'm sure they'd love to get to know you better as well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back