• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

"I was indeed referring to Cynthia," replies Charlie as she takes the flowers with a smile. "I also agree with your other comment -- this place is far too nice to risk ruining it with a battle."

A slightly discomfited Cynthia nods and prepares to follow the others.

Sandy nods and gestures them to follow her to an open grassy clearing. There aren't any trees around here, aside from the outskirts, so fire danger is low.

"This a good place?" asks the Delphox

Following Sandy to the clearing he looks around at it and nods towards the Delphox.

"You've got quite the good sparring space here. Take your spot and I'll stand across from you. I'm going to try to do my best to land a blow against you however I can. You have to use your moves and skills to prevent me from doing so. Understood?"

"Understood," she says with a shy smile, taking her stance and waiting for the first hit.

"Good luck," calls Charlie pleasantly. Cynthia cheers, as usual.

Getting into a ready stance, Kyle waited for Sandy to do the same and as soon as she did he launched himself forward. Being faster than an average human he got closer than a normal person would but it didn't take long for Sandy to launch a counter-strike to his straight-forward assault. Dodging around the shadow ball Kyle rushed forward again and caught Sandy by surprise. Wrapping his arm around her he ruffled the fur atop her head.

"Looks like I win round one. Make sure that you never stop until your opponent is down. You could have countered me getting this close with a fire spin if you know it. Don't worry about hurting me. We are here to conduct practice battles. We aren't planning on leaving here unscathed."

She lets out a slight yelp at how quickly he incapacitates her, but then nods.

"My trainer never taught me much battle technique. He said he would, but then I evolved and I think he just forgot. I'm also...still trying to overcome the mental block I have about hurting others...I don't want to cause pain..."

Charlie nods. "I understand that feeling, Sandy. Kyle's a strong human though, and I know he means well. Don't be afraid."

Sandy takes a breath. "I guess I'd better try again, then!"

Backing away from her he goes back to his original starting position and takes his ready stance.

"A battle will always result in pain. That's why battles are the last option to resolve issues Sandy. But you still have to be ready for when it comes down to it. That's the best any of us can do. As for me, this is how I've trained with my pokemon since I started my journey. Don't worry about me. Haven't died yet" he stated with a chuckle. "I'll let you throw the first attack before I even make a move. Don't hold back Sandy."

Sandy listens, the words firing her up. She pulls out her wand, then aims Psyshock at the opposing trainer. Before it even gets to the target she follows it up with several shadow balls in every direction.

"She took your words very much to heart! Take care...I don't think she realizes what some of these attacks do!"

Dodging to the right of the Psyschock he ducks under the nearest shadow ball as he slides on his knees in the grass. Immediately hopping back up to his feet he hesitates for a moment.

"Yeesh. I can feel the after-effects of that psyshock and it only grazed me."

Snapping himself back to battle ready he rushes towards Sandy since the battle isn't over.

"What did I tell you? Battle is not over til your enemy is down."

"I know!" she says in a sing song voice. The air becomes thick. Colors seem faded. "But I think it will wrap up soon, don't you? After all, you're getting to be very tired right now."

Every movement becomes harder, more sluggish. She giggles.

"Wouldn't it be easier to quit fighting and listen to my commands?"

"I ain't......giving up....so....soon," he starts off confident as the after-effects of her attacks start taking effect progressively.

His jaw tenses and one can see the struggle he's putting forth as he does his best to resist but he is still relatively new to his psychic powers compared to Sandy and Charlie, not to mention being human. He manages to take two very slow steps closer to Sandy as his mind does its best to fight her attacks but before he can even swing at her he succumbs and falls to his knees. His vision is blurring as he looks up towards the Delphox.

She chuckles. "You see, even the most studied trainer can be fooled by first impressions. You don't think I became my trainer's favorite just because I look nice, do you? I've learned to develop my skills in case I ever met anyone unsavoury."

She pats his head. "I think we can agree that I have conclusively won this battle. So then, why don't you say it out loud? Say, "Sandy best me in the battle and then you are released from my control.'"

Charlie reflects. She would protest, but remembers Kyle said not to hold back. Instead, she watches closely to make sure all is well.

He definitely didn't like what he was hearing. She sounded almost as if she was enjoying toying with him. He knew that he had no chance in beating her in psychic ability even though he helped Cynthia and Charlie by visiting their minds. His face began to turn red with the struggle he was putting forth and his veins in his neck and arms were pulsing under his skin showing just how hard he was fighting against the effects. Before he managed to fall and black out he managed to wrap his arms around the Delphox's waist and squeezed slightly before sliding down to the ground at her feet unconscious.

Sandy's face quickly becomes concerned. "Kyle? Oh dear -- are you..."

"You didn't need to hit that hard!" Charlie suddenly turns from concern to anger. She uses a blast to knock the Delphox away then quickly scoops Kyle up and uses Heal Pulse. "Kyle? Please, Kyle...wake up. It's okay...I got you."

Sandy wasn't expecting the hit and is passed out on the floor.

Cynthia licks her trainer anxiously even as Charlie tries to wake him.

Some minutes later Kyle wakes to the sound of a faint voice calling his name and it grows louder the more it repeats as well as the sensation of something licking his face. Slowly blinking his eyes open he groaned as he looked with just his eyes to see Charlie and Cynthia by him looking concernedly. Running a quick check he wiggled his fingers and feet before propping himself up with another pained groan.

"You two looked like I died or something," he grumbled as he finished sitting up the rest of the way. "Feel like I got hit by a Seismic Toss by a Charizard. Jeeze….and a headache," he said the last part while bringing a palm up to his temple, rubbing at it. "How long was I out?"

Looking around he looks up to Charlie and then to Cynthia. "Where's Sandy?"

"You scared me," says Charlie with relief in her voice. "That headache is the result of excessive psychic energy. Sandy hit far too hard...and she's over there--" she gestures to the Delphox crumpled on the ground. "After she hurt you I gave her a bit of a...uh....one hit wallop. She's fine. Probably. You were only out for a few minutes, but they were the longest of my life."

Cynthia also takes a deep breath. "I'm glad you're okay. I'm gonna teach that fire fox a thing or two about beating up on humans!" So saying, she begins making angry strides to the unconscious Delphox.

Reaching a hand out he creates a barrier of solid psychic energy to stop Cynthia before rising to his feet slowly. Taking a few deep breaths he pets Charlie's head before approaching Cynthia and petting hers before he made his way to the Delphox.

"Don't be angry with her. It was my stubbornness that made me pass out. If I had just swallowed my pride and given in I might not have passed out. Not to mention it was me that told her not to hold back or let her fear of hurting people get in the way. On an up note it gave me a chance to flex my psychic muscles. At least now I know where I stand on that power ranking. Something I have to work on."

With that he turned to and knelt down at the side of the Delphox. Cradling her into his arms he smiled down at her.

"Sandy? Sandy? It's Kyle. Wake up. The training exercise is over for now."

Charlie nods. "Well...okay...but I still wish she had been a bit more aware of what she was doing."

Cynthia sits down with a grumpy look, but doesn't speak.

The Delphox stirs and blinks a few times. "Kyle? Oof...I feel like someone put a blender in my head...did I hurt you? I didn't mean to...I got carried away...ungh..." She groans.

Not even looking towards Cynthia Kyle smiles as Sandy rouses.

"Yeah....sorry about that. I told you I'd live. Needless to say though it wasn't me that retaliated and knocked you out. Someone was concerned for me and reacted impulsively. Please forgive her for it. And....no worries. I have a bit of a stubborn streak. I refuse to back down for a challenge without meeting it head on and giving it my all."

Looking her over he stands with her still in his arms.

"You feel well enough to stand?"

"Yeah...and I forgive Charlie...I would have acted that way if someone had attacked Miles...I-- I can't use psychic abilities...wait..." her voice becomes nervous, then frantic. "Why don't I remember any psychic moves? What happened?"

Charlie looks alarmed. "I think perhaps I hit a bit harder than I realized...but it should only be temporary."

"I keep forgetting my own strength...but she'll be alright, if a little shaken. I'm still more worried for you."

"No need to panic there Sandy. Come on, let's get you back to your room. I think we'll call it a day for now. Tomorrow, if you're feeling better we can start the pokemon on pokemon sparring."

Turning as Charlie spoke he turns back to Sandy and begins to carry her back into the house.

"You take it easy. Just be my navigator and tell me where to turn to get you to your room to rest."

"We'll have to be more careful in the future. I'll be fine. Some rest and maybe meditation will go a long way for me beautiful."

Sandy nods. "O-okay... it's through the hall there."

The others follow the duo.

"Then rest it shall be. I must warn you, though. You keep using those pet names and head pats on me and you might soon find yourself on the receiving end of them!" Even as she replies, she runs an arm across his back. "Gardevoir are very affectionate, after all, transformed or not. I also already admitted I'm in love with you. The rate you're going, I'll be positively infatuated...and do you think my common sense will override instinct when that happens?" She winks.

"That...that door." Sandy stutters, still very shaky.

Cynthia watches the whole thing with mixed amusement and concern.

Following Sandy's directions he carries her down the hall until they get to the door she indicates. Using his limited psychic prowess he opens the door and carries her into her bed. Carefully setting her down on the bed he smiles down at her as he stands up again.

"Pleasant dreams Sandy. You did very well today in following my advice. It's a good sign for the rest of the training. Sleep tight," he spoke softly to her as he turned and made his way out of the room.

Smirking to Charlie as he exited out the door he spoke to her telepathically.

"Whatever you say sugar plum," he replied with a wink of his own.

Draping his arm around her neck with his hand resting on her shoulder he turned to ensure that Cynthia was following along. Smiling down at the Vaporeon as they walked along he couldn't wait to make it back to the room.

"I appreciate the concern today Cynthia. As well as your restraint for not Hydro Pumping her into oblivion when I fell."

The additional nickname, and the placement of his arm, combine to send shivers of excitement through the Gardevoir's body. She looks at her trainer with what is initially a half-smile, but it quickly changes to a look of pure affection.

"I'll admit it took some self-control," replies the Vaporeon. "I'm just glad you're okay. Well...that you lovebirds are okay. If you don't mind, I'm gonna explore some. I'll see you in a bit." She walks off in the other direction.

"You did hear what I said about infatuation, right?" telepaths the psychic, placing her arm on his chest. "I'm very close to becoming putty in your hands, sweetheart..."

This is of course followed by an intense warmth.

"Just please don't damage anything and no going into the kitchen!" he called after her as she took off.

Turning back to Charlie he picks her up into his arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek as they make their way back to their room. He follows it up with more pecks accented by him repeating "I love you," with each one.

"I heard it all. It's just that I no longer consider it a threat honey bun," he added when he was finished raining her with affection of his own.

By the time he's finished, she's bright red and flushed with excitement. "You win...I'm all yours, now and forever. My friend...my trainer...my love...I'm all yours."

She kisses him as well, skipping the cheek and going straight for his mouth. Even as she does so, all of her emotion overwhelms what's left of her inhibitions and she finally lets herself fall across him, laughing and giggling and looking with pure adoration the whole time.

"I'm such a lucky girl, to have such a lovely male," she telepaths in a sing song voice, placing both arms around him and nuzzling his forehead. "Aren't we just lovely together? I can't imagine belonging to anyone but you! How may I please you? I want nothing more than to be your happiness forever and ever and ever!"

She jumps up and pirouettes around the room, performing several graceful spins that eventually lead her directly opposite him -- where she places an even longer kiss on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back