• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

She shakes her head. "I don't know where, yet -- but I bet it's not too far now. Thank you. I don't think I could have done this without you. At least it'll be easier to search now -- how long have we been in here together, though?"

She takes a few steps and glances around. "I suppose I could begin clearing some of this sand like stuff away as a Vaporeon. Let's see."

A water gun moves a pile of sand off of what looks like a statue of someone.

Watching as she rationalized and then started clearing away all of the unnecessary things like the sand and debris he folds his arms akimbo until she reveals the statue of someone. Walking closer to inspect it more closely he does his best to recognize whomever was immortalized in this statue.

"Cynthia, do you think this statue has anything to do with your memories? Like is it someone very important to you and your life?"

"It looks like a human. Let me clean her off a little -- there." As she does so, it begins to take a more recognizable shape -- it looks a bit like Charlie, though as she would be if human, and it looks a tad younger too.

"I don't know who this is, but I feel like I should," Cynthia remarks with a frown. "But...wait, are you okay? You look tired."

"In all honesty all of this excitement in here and maintaining my mental connection to you is tiring. I am not as practiced at this as Charlie is. This is my first time delving into someone's mind. I'm happy it was you I got to do so with. Couldn't have asked for a better adventure partner. I'm going to do my best to stay here with you for as long as I can but I don't know how long it will take for me to completely exhaust Cynthia."

Turning back to the statue he studies it more closely. It does look like Charlie but something is different. She looks younger or something, smaller maybe?

"I think and I'm not certain here Cynthia but I believe that this statue is of your trainer Charlie in her human form. She looks younger than she was when I met the two of you but it really does look like her."

"I don't remember having a human trainer...but...I have an idea. So you don't wear yourself out -- maybe you should head back? I'll keep looking around, and you can come visit as soon as you feel better -- if you like. I might have found the object holder by then, but you've been so nice and I don't want you hurt."

She smiles at you.

"Thank you for being with me. I bet we'll meet again real soon."

Kneeling down and petting her he gives her a smile.

"Ya sure? You going to be okay by yourself now?"

Looking around at the scenery one last time his eyes stop once again on the Cynthia in front of him.

"I could just go take a nap and come back as soon as I'm rested?"

"I would like that," she says with a grin. "Anyways, I'm sure if anything happens you'll know. I'll see you soon, okay?"

She gives you a cheerful nuzzle.

"Tell the Gardevoir I said 'hello?'"

Nodding, Kyle closes his eyes and concentrates on returning to his own body. When he wakes up he takes a deep breath and looks around. Remembering where he was he stands up and looks around the room trying to find Charlie and the others.

"How long was I in there?" he wondered aloud.

"Three hours!" says Charlie, entering the room with a tray of food. "From your look, it was successful?"

She smiles and offers you the tray.

"You look pretty tired, though. You didn't get hurt, did you? I could feel your concentration -- I was amazed by your skill too."

All but jumping from the sudden yell he turned to see her enter with a tray of food.

"I don't know if I'm finished in there but I met with what was left of Cynthia in there. With help she overcame some personal demons but she was looking for something. An object holder. We never managed to find it so I told her I would come back to finish the job and help her find it."

Graciously taking the tray from her he offers a smile in return.

"Thank you. I guess time definitely flows differently or at least it is easy to lose track while in there," he stated before starting to eat.

Looking up at her question he shook his head.

"We ended up battling a rocket grunt who was controlling some undead form of Cynthia. We won and then the two Cynthia's merged and she sent the grunt flying. As soon as that happened things cleared up a bit and we found a statue of what appears to be a younger you in human form."

"She was responsive, then?" Charlie looks hopeful. "Well done. I do find her use of the term 'object holder' rather strange, considering she probably means 'memory bank.' The statue of me is probably a deprecated memory, but it might provide a path she can use to find more up to date information on all of us. It seems like everything's in there, just sort of scattered."

She takes a bow. "I figured you would need food and a rest after digging so deep."

The tub begins to bubble, and Cynthia takes a solid form again. She's still lying on her side, but this time there's a distinct light of recognition when she looks at you.

"Thank you. I bet we'll get farther next time."

Nodding to Charlie and then Cynthia he smiles down at the Vaporeon.

"I'm sure we will. I'm going to refuel and get a little rest and then whenever you're ready we can head back in Cynthia."

He resumed eating his food and sat down out in the room with a sigh.

The Vaporeon nods, and Charlie follows you out.

"You okay, Kyle? I know that's a difficult process, but you braved it nicely. For what it's worth, this Pokemon is very proud of her trainer...so why so sad?"

She takes a seat next to you with a concerned expression.

Finishing his food, he looks over to Charlie. Setting the plate down he puts an arm around her and pulls her close.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired from staying in as long as I did. Guess it doesn't help that I didn't manage to last long enough to help her find her memory bank. We did get a little victory in there helping her with some mental issue which I can only guess is from the experimentation they did on her as well as you."

"That's understandable, but don't feel bad. This wasn't going to finish all in one day, and you clearly got much further than might have at one point been thought possible."

The last part makes her take pause. "Y-yes. We both went through -- a lot...because of that. Team Rocket tried to strip us of our minds, and neither of us fully recovered from that...and we may never be fully restored -- but I have high hopes that because of you Cynthia will come back sooner than we thought. For now, I advise sleep, my friend."

She takes a hand and pats you gently on the head.

Smiling as he reclines his head back onto the rear of the couch he looks over in her direction as she speaks and begins to pat him on the head. Thinking he should advise her that humans don't really appreciate pats and petting as much as pokemon do he decides against it and just decides to enjoy it as much as possible as he closes his eyes and relaxes.

"Sounds good," he replied, yawning.

Between the petting and the mental exhaustion it didn't take him long to fall asleep.

Charlie watches her friend and trainer with a smile as he dozes off, but it becomes a thoughtful frown.

"I wonder what it would be like if you and I were different. If I were human and you were the Pokemon. And yet -- I can't imagine a future other than the one we still face. I truly hope...I truly hope you are right and I am wrong, and that we can defeat the villains who've done so much to harm each of us."

She hugs her friend gently, then takes her stance opposite him to keep watch.

Ten hours pass before you wake to see her still holding the same stance.

Waking up he opens his eyes to see the ceiling. Sitting up to look around he sees her first thing and rubs the back of his neck.

"Have you been standing there the entire time Charlie? How long was I out? You should've gotten some rest too."

Standing with a stretch he approaches her and cups her cheek into his hand.

"Take care of yourself my friend. I'll do my best to do so when I'm awake but you should want to be in your best shape as possible if you want to have a chance at winning this war we've started."

"It has been ten hours, and I am training my endurance. I feel very little fatigue from my vigil, as I was focusing my efforts on separating the actions of mind and body. I achieved a degree of success, as I managed to remain sensitive to what was occuring nearby."

She accepts the gesture and leans her head in, rubbing against your palm.

"I try to act in the wisest way I can foresee, but I understand your wishes, I believe. I shall endeavor to satisfy them as much as I am able."

(Sorry, was out all day!)

Smiling and nodding at her he reaches out his other hand to mimic the first before pulling her in close, hugging her tightly.

"Your punishment is a big ol' bear hug," he announces with a chuckle as he picks her up into his arms and starts spinning around the room.

Setting her down after a few moments he waits for the food to arrive because it had to be getting close to another meal time.

"Did they bring any food yet? I imagine it's what, dinner time? I want to be back to full strength before I try diving again."

At first she seems surprised, but then she laughs and laughs as you spin her around. Seems she loves it.

"Indeed, but I am surprised that what I provided did not suffice -- I will return downstairs and find something more for you." So saying, she teleports out of the room. It's only a few minutes before she returns with another full plate.

"I sifted through your mind to find your favorite foods and gathered them for you. I hope they will suffice. If not, I can gather more," with these words, she takes her vigil by the door, letting her head droop just a little -- listening, it seems, to everything around her, trying to focus and reinforce her training.

Smiling up at her he looks over the array on the plate in front of him.

"Thank you Charlie," he replies with a smile as he accepts the plate from her.

Beginning to eat he made sure to express just how delicious the food on the plate was to him so that she would know how pleased he was with her. Upon finishing the plate he sets it back down on the coffee table in front of his seat as he reclines, patting his stomach. Sated he lets out a burp before standing with a stretch.

"I'm going to try again and dive back into Cynthia's mind," he announces as he approaches the bathroom.

Charlie listens to your words with an appreciative nod, but does not move. Thanks to your psychic link you can tell she's still training -- changing. The instinct to protect and serve her trainer runs through her thoughts constantly. It suddenly occurs to you that at this rate she'll soon have replaced the remaining vestiges of her humanity. She's aware of it, too -- but seems more happy about it than anything. The human you met on the road back home has dedicated herself to being your Pokemon forever, and she's going all in.

As you enter the room the Vaporeon flops her tail about to make a splash and greet you. A squeak escapes as she waits for you to begin.

Sitting down along side the tub he reaches down into the tub and pets the Vaporeon quickly before sitting back on the floor comfortably. Closing his eyes he begins to concentrate and focuses himself into getting inside her head. Once inside he looks around the space inside to find the inner Cynthia.

"Cynthia? Where are you??" he yells in an attempt to find her.

Remembering his previous visit he looks around for the light that had come from the odd place where they had fought off the rocket grunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back