• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

"You are correct in that comment," replies Charlie nervously. "Perhaps I worry too much. So where to next?"

A glance outside reveals it's raining -- storming, in fact. Cynthia looks excited.

"Can we go outside?"

Cupping her cheek in his hand he smiles kindly at her.

"I wouldn't criticize you for worrying Charlie. It's a dangerous situation and it just shows how much you care."

Looking out the window to check the weather he sees the rain and then turns with a smile to Cynthia.

"If you like we can go outside and play in the rain for a little bit Cynthia. I'm certain Wartortle will be excited as well."

Turning back to Charlie he puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Let's go have a little fun, shall we? I know we are dangerously close to enemy territory if the rumor is true that Giovanni is the Gym Leader in the next town but maybe we're lucky and he's not in since he has to run Team Rocket?"

"Very well...some clean water would be refreshing." The Gardevoir takes a bow and, reaching into her bag, pulls out a cap.

"No one said I couldn't still dress a little bit like Charlie," she says with a giggle.

Cynthia is overjoyed. "C'mon, Wartortle! Let's go outside!"

The various others seem more or less excited about going out.

Smiling he watches as the pokemon walk and run out of the room to go outside and play. Grabbing their bags he sets them down out of the rain once they are out of the building. They had to check out anyway after all. Watching the two water pokemon romp around he feels a warm feeling consume him.

"I wonder if this is what being a parent is like?" he questions aloud to himself.

Smiling over at Charlie he offers her his hand.

"Shall we join them momma?"

Charlie looks confused by the question at first. "Oh...but of course. Lead the way, sir," she replies.

Cynthia is spinning in circles, sheer joy emanating from her every movement. You can feel her exhilaration - her happiness. It's different from Charlie's -- faster, more energetic and frantic, the kind that makes you want to take on a monster just because.

"I admire her energy in this climate. Many Pokemon would retreat from it."

She's interrupted by Charlie tackling her into a mud puddle. The resulting splash turns her from shiny to not so much.

Running into the herd of playful pokemon he tries to tackle Venusaur. Venusaur playing along rolls onto his side from Kyle's tackle. Laughing Kyle looks over to see Charlie covered in mud.

"Guess you're not a Shiny Gardevoir anymore now huh Charlie? Any more mud and I might mistake you for a Grimer," he teased jokingly.

Jumping off of Venusaur he began chasing after Wartortle and Cynthia, diving and slipping in the mud, laughing the entire time.

It really is a wonderful time. Charlie's usual gracefulness goes right out the window, as the more playful instincts kick in. The others, of course, are no stranger to mud, and pretty soon everyone is just about covered in it.

"This is the best!" calls out Cynthia. "Charlie becoming Kyle's Pokemon is the greatest thing to ever happen to us!"

At this the Gardevoir pauses, but says nothing, and a moment later she's back to throwing mud balls and chasing Haunter around.

Cynthia, however, seems a little worried now. She approaches you carefully.

"Was that...a bad thing to say?"

Stopping while sitting in the puddle of mud Kyle scoops Cynthia up into his lap with a kind yet sad smile on his face.

"It's alright Cynthia. I am very happy to have Charlie as my pokemon. But being a pokemon permanently is still new to Charlie so she might still be a little sensitive about it. We must always remember that Charlie was a human first and that Team Rocket was the one who made her this way. While we love her regardless of what form she takes this is not the one she was born with."

Petting her playfully he lets Cynthia down gently back into the mud so that she can return to playing.

(Sorry, was out all day!)

"Okay," replies the Vaporeon quietly. "Do-- do you think they ever fixed that Pikachu?"

Charlie, meanwhile, has taken to throwing mud with psychic powers -- and is quite the sharpshooter, evidently. No one is safe.

"You all need to work on evasion!" she laughs --- and is then entirely drenched with a multi Pokemon combo mud slap. When it clears, she's covered head to toe, with only startled eyes visible.

"Heh, whoops...guess I asked for that," she giggles sheepishly.

"I dunno if they fixed Pikachu this quickly but the Professors are working together I'm certain that they'll find a way together very soon. Don't you worry. Pikachu will be fine," he replied before getting hit with mud.

Setting Cynthia down he makes a mudball of his own and throws it to join the multi-pokemon mud slap. Seeing her covered in mud from head-to-toe he chuckles.

"I guess you sorta did," he replied while offering her his hand to help her back onto her feet.

She takes it gratefully. "I believe I'll go clean myself off -- I'd like to begin priming my instinct for the battle."

The rain falls harder now, and thunder can be heard up close. Cynthia and the others quiet down to listen.

'So much power," whispers the Vaporeon.

Looking up to the sky he watches the lightning and listens to the thunder. Looking around at the others he stands up and wicks away some of the extra mud and moisture.

"Alright everyone. Weather is taking a turn for the worse. Let's head inside and get cleaned up so we can comfortably wait out the storm."

Hearing Cynthia whispering to herself his curiosity was piqued.

"What was that Cynthia?"

"Oh!" she looks surprised at being heard. "I was just thinking about the storm -- how powerful it is. How water and electricity combine so seamlessly to create forces that can reshape landscapes and change entire areas. I think it's amazing -- and wonderful -- but I also wonder if I should fear it."

A rumbling through the sky sends a shiver down her spine.

"If even one of those bolts and I met, I might not be able to get up ever again. Such naturally occurring force is almost unnerving, but it remains strangely beautiful."

She twitches her tail back and forth, watching the storm develop.

"It's said that the move Thunder when used by a high level electric pokemon can be just as powerful. Guess we'll have to be careful you never have to fight one of those huh?"

Petting her head he heads towards the entrance to the center to re-rent the suite for all of them to get cleaned up.

"Let's go Cynthia! Get inside before you get hit by one of those bolts. We can watch it safely from indoors."

She turns away from the storm and looks back. "You know, I hear some Pokemon aren't even bothered by--" she never finishes her sentence because a thunderbolt nails her, using her tail as a lightning rod. You can actually see the current pass through her eyes, but it's over as soon as it starts. She staggers, looking at you with a stunned expression.

"G-gosh, that -- that hardly seemed fair...almost like it was timed or something. You--you don't suppose Te--"

And with that, she collapses into your arms.

Running out to scoop her up into his arms, Kyle returns her to her ball and only stops running once he reaches the counter inside.

"Nurse Joy it's an emergency. I need you to heal my Vaporeon immediately. She was just struck by lightning," he said a little hurriedly.

Returning Cynthia to her ball he hands it over to Nurse Joy and watches as she quickly takes it back to the machine and begins the process. Breathing heavily as he waits anxiously Kyle hopes and prays that Cynthia was going to be alright. The team just wouldn't be complete without her.

"It seems that her vitals are steady," replies Nurse Joy, "but her nervous system took a big hit. The poor thing was hit on the tail, where the spinal cord ends on a Vaporeon. Why was she out in a lightning storm in the first place? A wild Vaporeon has the sense to avoid those!"

A second later, Charlie's by your side. "I sensed disaster and-- Cynthia?" There's no more words, just a questioning look and a fearful pause. She looks at the machine, seemingly internally debating what to do.

"I assume the Gardevoir is yours as well?" asks the medical professional.

"Let me see her...please. I want to see my friend."

"Is there anything you can do Nurse Joy? Can the machine help her? We were out for hours in the rain and there was no thunder and lightning. All of a sudden the storm rolled in and I tried to rush everyone inside. She was intrigued by the storm and didn't want to take her eyes off of it though."

As soon as Charlie arrived he couldn't make eye contact with her until she begged to see Cynthia.

"Charlie you should let the healing machine finish before taking her out of her ball. I tried to get her to come inside but she was fascinated by the storm.....she got hit with lightning Charlie. Nurse Joy was just saying that she got hit in the tail, the spine. I'm hoping the machine can help her recover. Her vitals are fine but she got hit tail first."

"It's--it's my fault. I never should have left her -- I promised I'd take care of her and now--" she doesn't know what to say, but she's shaking.

"I can restore her health, but I'm less sure about her brain, young man. I'm sorry such an unfortunate accident occurred, but in scenarios like this we just have to see how things play out - she may act unaffected, or her injury may manifest itself in an obvious fashion. We have to see."

"Cynthia...please -- I wasn't trying to let you down, I would have saved you -- I would have done something if I had only been in the right place."

A moment later the process finishes and the Vaporeon is out of her ball. She looks at the two of you with a smile, then falls over, looks confused, and gets up, only to fall over again.

Charlie bursts into tears.

Putting an arm around Charlie he does his best to calm her. Watching as Cynthia comes out of her ball but can't seem to stand on her four paws, he pulls Charlie into a full blown hug.

"There's nothing you could've done Charlie. She was too interested in watching the storm. I tried calling her inside but she wanted to watch so badly."

Looking between Nurse Joy and Cynthia who was still smiling up towards them he had a sad expression on his own face. Letting Charlie go for a few moments he scoops Cynthia up into his arms.

"Look Charlie. I'm no healer but all we can do now is put her through some physical therapy. We'll have to do our best to strengthen her legs again. Once the weather clears up we'll get her to some water which will help support her weight and let her do her best to move her legs for exercise while keeping her head above the water. Eventually she'll get stronger and hopefully be able to stand and possibly walk again, I hope. But I don't think she'll be doing any battling any time soon."

The Vaporeon nuzzles you a few times, even licking you on the cheek and letting out a contented purr.

"I'm very sorry," says Nurse Joy. "I wish I could have done more."

Charlie is still sobbing, but she begins to quiet down. She tilts her head, and looks at Cynthia for a moment.

"Kyle-- she's still in there -- she can't speak but she can think, and I can distinctly hear her saying 'I love you.' She can't talk or walk but I know she's still in there...we just have to help her get back out....right?"

The smile hasn't left the Vaporeon's eyes. If she's hurt, it's not apparent. If anything, she's friendlier than ever -- but when she tries to say something, all that comes out is a squeak, which confuses her all over again.

"Cynthia? You -- you got hurt pretty badly...but don't worry -- we'll fix you up. You just have to trust--" she stumbles on the word, "trust me...can you do that?"

Cynthia nods, for the first time relaxing her smile. She squirms a bit in your arms, making herself more comfortable.

Pulling her up close to his face Kyle gives her a quick peck on the cheek.

"We love you Cynthia and we'll help you get back to the best shape of your life alright? You'll be walking again mark my words."

Turning to Charlie he gives her a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Charlie. This is my fault. I should have returned her to her ball when the storm began."

"It's...it's not your fault. Not really. I forgot my responsibility as a trainer, and I let my Pokemon down. If I had stuck around, I could have protected her. She's hurt because I dropped the ball. But -- one way or another, I have to make it up to her."

Cynthia squeaks again, then begins to doze off.

"Vaporeon will need to rest for a bit," says Nurse Joy. "But I have confidence you'll be able to help her. There's a Poketherapist that's open tomorrow, so if you want to talk to them, you might find some help for Vaporeon there."

"She's a cool customer, even now. Look at her -- sleeping as if nothing even happened." Charlie shakes her head.

"If you want her to be relaxed, put her in the bathtub in your suite -- Vaporeon are always happy in water and can sleep in it easily."

Smiling as he watched all three of them as they spoke and Cynthia slept he nods to Nurse Joy to thank her for her help and turns to walk back up to the room with Charlie. Once up there he gently sets the Vaporeon down in the bathtub, doing his best to avoid waking her. Turning on the water he adjusts it to a warm, not hot, temperature so that she won't get sick from the chill of being out in the storm. Pausing as the water runs he turns to Charlie.

"Can Vaporeons even get sick from being out in the cold? Being water types that live in the water one would think they would be immune to catching a chill, right?"

"Vaporeon as a species are unlikely to catch a cold, but there are examples of them being caught in water that was itself too cold and being crystalized in the ice." Charlie shudders. "Thankfully we live far away from water of that temperature -- I heard once of a scientist who was studying a block of ice, but as it melted it suddenly rematerialized as a Vaporeon. Turns out she'd been in her liquid form when the water froze, and she sprang back to life as soon as her body was melted enough for her to take shape. Genetic sampling revealed she was three hundred. Astounding, really."

Cynthia, meanwhile, has vanished into the water. The only sign of a living creature still being inside are the bubbles that occasionally appear.

"Poketherapy is a new kind of science. You think they'll know anything we don't already? Also...can you hear her too, or is it just me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back