• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom So Ya Want to be a Master?

Nodding as the professor spoke he pulled out Charlie's pokeball and returned her to it. Staring down at it for a few moments with a sigh, he places the ball on the machine and takes one step back to watch the machine as it begins the process. Once the trade completes once he folds his arms akimbo as he waits for the machine to reverse the process and give him back his Charlievoir. Watching between the machine to both Professors he awaits the process' completion anxiously.

As the process completes there's a satisfying click and the ball pops back into the tray you originally set it upon. It wobbles, as if the Pokemon inside wants to signal that the trade was a success. Suddenly you feel a wave of energy fill you, surround you. Instinctively, you know it's her. You can feel that warmth more closely, as if it now comes from you rather than from her. With it comes a feeling of serenity -- this energy will protect you at all costs from all threats, physical or otherwise. The moment passes, but the power remains.

"Congratulations, Kyle," says Oak. "You have a shiny Gardevoir. The Embrace Pokemon is fiercely loyal -- some will do anything to protect their trainers, even sacrifice their own lives. She will be a faithful partner in battle. Just don't be surprised if this means she starts behaving in some different ways -- you'll need to be compassionate and treat her as she is, not as you wish she were."

"That Pokemon may have loved you, but now she's merged her heart with yours -- permanently tying her existence to yours as well. She can break the bond, but won't unless you tell her to, and maybe not even then. Kyle, I wish you luck. It's probably strange, owning a Pokemon that used to be human, but she will execute her new role as best as she can. Do not be surprised at her actions if she does things differently or calls you differently. Like the Prof said, Gardevoir are very dedicated. Take good care of her -- she's agreed to let you keep her, so she must trust you. I know you'll keep the trust. Now then, perhaps you should release her from her ball?"

Cynthia sniffs at the ball a few times, then takes an interesting stance facing the ball.

"Oh, interesting..." Kukui chuckles, but does not add to the remark.

Listening to both professors as they speak and Oak explains everything he gives each a nod before picking up the ball and releasing Charlie from it. Smiling at her being back amongst them he speaks.

"Thank you professors. I'll do my very best to be a trainer worthy of Charlie. You happy Charlie?" he asked turning towards her for the question.

Standing before her he narrowed the gap with the smile still on his face. Glancing down towards Cynthia he gives her a puzzled look.

"What's wrong Cynthia?"

She nods, taking a full bow this time, then, it seems, giving Cynthia a bow as well. Cynthia relaxes, even smiles, then turns a few circles and flops right on the carpet.

"Nothing wrong, cousin -- that was Cynthia asserting dominance, which apparently Charlie accepted. So don't be too surprised if she seems hesitant to cross that Vaporeon now." Kukui replies, looking both a bit amused and confused.

"If you wish to make good time before the sun goes down, you'll have to depart soon," adds Oak. "I assume you have a Pokegear with which to call for help, yes?"

"Our enemies hasten to the city, master. We have some time before they execute their plans, but it would be wise to prepare." Her tone seems quieter, despite the telepathy. Her eyes are different too -- still hopeful, but something's different about them.

Cynthia yawns and stretches, then rubs up against your leg.

"Silly girl -- she's claiming both of you!" Kukui laughs.

Nodding to the professors again as each spoke he turned to Charlie when she telepathed her warning. The difference in her behavior and tone was apparent to him. She seemed less jovial and happy. Turning back to the professors he gives each one a bow.

"Thank you both for everything that you've done for us. We will be on our way before we draw any more trouble to your lab. It was an honor meeting the both of you."

Turning to Cynthia and Charlie he waves them both to follow as he begins walking towards the exit. They should probably get out of here before Team Rocket worked up enough courage to try to battle them again. He didn't want either professor or any innocent pokemon getting caught up in their battles.

As they walked outside he turned back to Charlie with a smile.

"So how would you like to prepare Charlie?"

"I defer to your judgment, master. I can tell you that since our derailment they have become aware of you in a new fashion. Already it seems the clock is ticking, ticking..." she shudders.

Cynthia squeaks a bit, then paws at you.

"She says to tell you that she is fully behind you. She also says she is angry at what Team Rocket has done to each of us and she wishes to see revenge exacted upon them. We must defeat them...or else the world may suffer as we have."

The Gardevoir looks at you and you suddenly realize what's different in her expression. The eyes no longer look like Charlie's -- they are the windows into a Pokemon's soul.

"I too, am eager to see your will towards them brought to fruition. I will not presume to tell you what we must do, however -- that is for you to decide as master."

She gestures into another half-bow.

"Beware, master. They would seek to do to you as they did to Charlie. She was a great battler once, though she spoke not of it. Thus was her downfall -- it brought the attention of the Rockets, and they made her into the creature you now see. You are not immune to the same fate, so you must be cautious. They will know of our arrival, regardless of our method of approach."

Cynthia watches, understanding and whimpering a bit. She leans on her friend. Since she could not save the human, she intends to protect the Pokemon that's left.

"Your eyes are different Charlie," he patted her on the head. "And you don't have to be so robotic. Loosen up and relax. I know I'm your trainer now but we are friends above all else okay? It's not a boss and underling relationship. We are equals in that regard. Granted I might yell out orders in a battle but that's just because I have more experience battling with pokemon than you have battling as a pokemon."

Reaching down and petting Cynthia he smiles up at Charlie.

"We're all friends here. Please refer to me as Kyle, not Master. Okay?"

Standing up and hugging her he releases her and turns around so they can start the trip back to the game corner.

"We can train along the way with the method we've used before. All of the team will be out and paired up and start sparring with each other. You'll be paired up against Haunter since Ghost types are strong against Psychic attacks. The both of you could grow from it. Cynthia will be paired off against Venusaur since she'll have a type disadvantage and will get even stronger if she wins. Just do your best not to freeze him okay Cynthia?"

"Alright," she says, with a smile. For a moment you can see the familiar eyes, but they fade. "I never meant to sound robotic -- I was simply unaware of how to properly address my trainer. Kyle it is. Now then--" the hug interrupts her sentence and she lets out what almost sounds like a squeak, but when it's over she's clearly very happy, and maybe a bit flustered. "I'm ready when Haunter is," is all she manages with a sheepish grin.

Cynthia meanwhile, purrs gratefully, then nods at your last remark.

"Let's put some more distance between us and Pallet Town first. Wouldn't want to cause any more problems for the Professors. Let's at least make it to Viridian before we have our training session," he states petting her head with a smile.

Beginning to walk again he checks to ensure that both of them are following close behind.

It's clumsy, but she tries to return the gesture with her less flexible arm. The motion is accompanied by a chuckle -- looks like she really did loosen up. Then she follows. Cynthia, meanwhile, keeps walking in circles around you both.

"Are we to continue into the next town and engage in practice at the Gym? It would seem we have some time before the machinations of our opponents pose a serious threat...I believe."

"Well I think we'll want to prepare for the next gym as well seeing as the rumor is that the Gym Leader is Giovanni who is also the boss of Team Rocket. If you remember how our last fight went with him I think we have some work to do before a rematch occurs," he responds as he continues walking. "I think Viridian has a pokemon center. We can train up on the route between this city and Viridian and once we're all tired and spent I can get us a room at the center and everyone can rest and heal up."

After a good fifteen to twenty minutes of walking Kyle finds an area on the route without tall grass that seems out of the way enough to be safe. Signalling for Cynthia and Charlie to follow he walks over into the middle and releases all of the others.

"Alright guys, pair up and sparring training today. We need to get a lot stronger if we're going to take on Giovanni again."

"I do recall it. Charlie was not much help -- hopefully this time I can do better."

She turns to face Haunter and offers a nod. "Do let me know if I begin hitting too hard -- I'm trying to get in character."

Cynthia looks excited, but she keeps it to herself as much as she can. And so the battles begin. Like last time, Haunter has a harder time hitting Charlie, but this time her evasion looks more graceful...more instinctive. Cynthia and Venusaur seem evenly matched, other than her type disadvantage.

"I wonder what my favorite flavor is," remarks the Gardevoir almost offhandedly as she nails Haunter with a Moonblast.

Looking around at all of the pokemon sparring around him, most trainers would be nervous standing center stage to all of this chaos. He had been raised in it since his 11th birthday. This was how he trained with his pokemon since then. Looking around and watching each move he did his best to ensure that no one would get seriously hurt.

As soon as Haunter gets hit with the moonblast he approaches quickly and checks Haunter over.

"You alright buddy? That was a solid hit."

Haunter nods rather weakly, while Charlie stands off to the side. She looks rather proud, in all honesty.

Cynthia, meanwhile, is doing as much as she can, but Venusaur's unusually high speed makes it easier to evade moves that normally would have stopped it. The two are still going at it.

"I wonder if one day the children will have to battle me for your contest," says Charlie, giggling, it seems.

Cynthia throws an Ice Beam just as Venuaur whips up a leaf storm. When the smoke clears, both are on the ground, more tired than hurt.

"This won't do...we need you both to have more stamina!" Charlie uses Hypnosis, and both Pokemon stand back up.

"Do not stop battling, no matter what, until Kyle says." As if in a dream, the two face off and begin battling harder than ever. Charlie looks pretty satisfied with herself.

"Having a stronger mind than most Pokemon and humans really does have advantages." She eyes you for a moment, waiting for a reply.

Returning Haunter to his ball he smirks over at Charlie.

"Maybe. Depends on which pokemon they throw at us," he replied to her until he saw her hypnotize Cynthia and Venusaur and yelled for her to stop. "Don't hypnotize our friends unless I ask you to okay? Forcing pokemon to do things isn't how I like to get things done. Besides doing so you risk their hearts giving out."

When the hypnosis wore off he returned Venusaur to his ball as well and the other pokemon were getting tired out as well. He returned them to their balls as well and attached them all back to his trainer belt.

"That's enough for today. Let's get everyone healed and rested up before we call it a night."

Charlie looks surprised, then genuinely ashamed of herself, as if suddenly realizing what she just did and its implications.

"I-- I guess I still have a little Team Rocket in me. I'm sorry, I-- I didn't think." She waits to be recalled, leaving just you and Cynthia.

The Vaporeon looks at you concernedly, then rubs against your leg. Her look makes it clear that she wishes she could talk to you. The two of you continue down the path together, she occasionally murmuring to herself. Finally she springs into the air, landing as gently as she can on your arm. It's unexpected, but she sticks the landing and balances her weight so it's not too much of a bother. She licks you once, then looks towards the horizon.

[Charlie is a very good Pokemon....and was a very good human. I wish I could tell you how much she meant to me, but -- well...I know we'll win soon. We all have a lot to learn...]

She nuzzles you reassuringly. For just a moment, there's a cheerful glint in her eye -- and then the Pokemon Center can be seen.

Petting Charlie's head, he lets out a sigh.

"We both still have plenty to learn. Don't be ashamed. Just learn from the mistake so you don't risk repeating it."

When she stands there waiting to be recalled he can't help but to feel a tinge of regret at raising his voice to her.

"It shouldn't be far to the center," he adds before Cynthia lands on his shoulder.

Smiling at her and petting her a little as they walked along the path he reached out his hand to Charlie.

"As an apology how about we hold hands to the center Charlie? Also now that I've thought about it I feel that I need to add that you are not Team Rocket. There is a huge difference between you and them. They wouldn't have stopped no matter how much noise I made. You did instantly meaning that you're a good girl. As for Cynthia here I know she's a good girl too. I just wish that I could still hear and understand her talking or telepathing to me like I do you."

At the words "good girl" Charlie flushes a bright red. It's kind of like a mix between watching a puppy react to being told he's a good boy and a shy friend receiving a meaningful compliment from their crush. It's pretty clear the words have made all of the Gardevoir's positive emotions go a-flutter, especially since that warm feeling that's now constantly part of you seems to intensify so much you begin to blush. Her emotions are so deeply linked with yours you begin to realize what may have been meant by sharing hearts, and it feels....kind of wonderful, like someone understands the "real" you. Before you can dwell on it too much, however, Charlie adds,

"I am weary, but if you wish to be able to understand Cynthia's speech patterns, I can assist once I am well. I would like to inform you, however, that it will involve my hypnosis -- I will be reprogramming parts of your mind so as to make it possible. I'll let you think about whether you prefer this or not, especially since I lack the strength at the moment. I am curious what it will be like to be processed in the Center's machinery -- I'm not sure I recall it happening before."

She reaches out her arm, per your offer, and waits. Cynthia, meanwhile sees how your words affect her, and by extension, you, and can't help but smile.

[She's a very good girl. Maybe an even better one than me. She's also very silly.] She murmurs, then waits -- it's only a block away now.

Blushing slightly he comes to the realization just how closely they have become bonded together. It feels good but different. Reaching out he grabs her hand as they walk along together towards the pokemon center.

"We can all relax as soon as we get to the center. You going to be alright that far? As for the hypnosis you did something like that before the trade without me even noticing so that I could understand Gardevoir speech. I was assuming it would be a fairly similar process? I understand that you're too tired to do it now and I'll be happy to let you get some rest and heal up first. Wouldn't want you messing around with my upstairs all exhausted. Apparently Cynthia is tired out too," he states the last part with a smirk to Cynthia who is on his shoulder.

Once they arrive at the center he returns Charlie and Cynthia to their balls and places everyone's pokeballs onto the tray for Nurse Joy to heal them. It only takes a couple minutes but soon they are returned to him and he pays for a suite while he waits. Once everyone is back he keeps them in their balls until he makes it up to the suite, releasing them all at once.

"You all did very well today. In the battle against the Rockets as well as your training. You've all earned some food and rest so just relax for now. Food should be coming fairly soon."

Turning to Charlie and Cynthia he sits down on the couch in the room, patting the cushions on either side of him for the two of them to sit down. Once Cynthia climbs up he begins slowly and gently petting her and he looks over at the Gardevoir on his other side.

"Feeling any better?"

"Yes. I'm not sure how that machine works but it really does wonders for body and mind both. A pity they don't have one for humans, but then again humans don't fit inside Poke Balls. As for your remark prior to my healing, that is essentially how it works -- only this time it'll be slightly more extensive. I'll be making several changes....none of which are directly related to me, by the way," she adds with a blush.

Cynthia has turned her attention to the others and appears to be engaged in telling them some kind of story. All listeners seem enthralled by the narrative, perhaps because it is accompanied by a fair amount of pantomime. Charlie watches with some amusement.

"She certainly has a flair for the dramatic, but it is very nice to see her finally making more friends."

"I trust you Charlie. Whenever you feel up to it I'll be ready," he commented to reassure her that he had faith in her.

Petting her as she blushed he couldn't help but to smile. Looking over at the others he saw Cynthia giving some kind of presentation to the others and they all looked like they were enjoying it greatly. Chuckling he leaned back on the couch just as a knock could be heard at the door followed by a loud "Chansey!"

Getting up he walks over and opens up the door to carry in the tray for the Chansey and sets the food on the coffee table. Distributing the food out he hands Chansey the tray back so she can return to the kitchen with it and leave the room so he could enjoy the food and relax.

"It's nice to just...not have anything to do. Charlie was always bustling about like a crazy human, trying to get all sorts of things done at the same time, but now...well...I just go where you go. It's kind of freeing, strange as that may sound." She looks at the tray. "They sure don't skimp on portion sizes."

Now you begin to realize one of the downsides of shared feelings -- she's starving, making you feel even hungrier. The smell quickly attracts the other Pokemon in the room as well.

"If I may be so bold, I suggest food, and then I'll make some psychic changes...well...more than I already have. Sound good?"

"I understand what you're saying but you shouldn't be so negative about your time as a human. That's how we met and became friends after all."

Feeling a sharp hunger pang from their empathic bond he picks up his plate and announces for everyone to dig in before doing so himself, swallowing all of the food on the plate in only a couple minutes.

"Well that hit the spot. How about yours guys?"

"Truly a satisfying meal, to be certain," replies Charlie contentedly. The others seem to agree, as each let out a big yawn. Cynthia curls up on the bed and turns a few circles, while the others either settle down or wander to look for somewhere more comfortable.

"Perhaps now we can begin..." remarks the Gardevoir, looking you in the eyes. Her gaze intensifies, and you suddenly find yourself feeling that warmth beginning to overwhelm your other senses. In a very short time her voice and her eyes seem to fill your mind, blocking out everything else.

"Now then...I need you to listen to my voice and do everything I tell you. Will you obey anything I say? This is very important, so I need you to do everything I say. Will you do it?"

Smiling at the others as the found nap spots and rested contentedly he turns back to Charlie when she speaks and feels a warmth begin to overwhelm his mind. Everything else begins to blur until all he can see is her. Managing a slow nod he locks his eyes with hers.

"I'll do whatever you ask Charlie," he mutters as he focuses on only her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back