• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern SMITED [Mission 0: Training]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mara-Poecilia.png

Mara Poecilia
Mascot Agent
Merfolk
Hit: 10
Tarmagon Tarmagon Fable Fable
Accepting her towel, she sighed bitterly. “This isn’t as bad as what happened last year.” She grumbled, beginning to remove some of the moisture from her face and hair. “So don’t apologize. You were just following his damn orders.”

The demon then began to explain what they were to do next. A pair of sweatpants, huh? Well this was an improment. But it wasn’t the clothing that surprised the merwoman, but when he announced that she was going to be the leader of team Bravo. Violet eyes wide she looked toward Baoshir, clearly confused and rather surprised by this statement. Was he serious? It sure looked like it. Mara still hadn’t spoken when the elf returned, passing her the pair of pants while making a makeshift curtain with the sheet, introduction herself. Blinking a few times before moving to dry her tail off, replied after a moment. “Anything under my clothing just hinders my movement, trust me I’ve tried. And waterproof clothing simply makes them stiff and rather unpleasant to wear. But, what’s the point of any of it when you’re stuck at a desk.”

After stating this, her dry fin now slowly splitting back into legs, she able to slide on the pair of pants given to her before trying to stand. It took some effort, her now extremely stiff and sore legs screaming in protest. Once Rill would lower the sheet, she would nod in thanks while slipping on her shoes. “Thank you for that.. although I’m not sure why he has me as a team leader unless he’s planning something.” She made she sure raise her her voice just enough so that the demon would hear her.

SCPxgnQ.png

Adriel Smith
Agent
Nephilim
Gilzar Gilzar PanOtterPus PanOtterPus StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Tarmagon Tarmagon Fable Fable
Adriel laughed at Rose’s comment about the rubber bullets and not water. As Adriel recalled, Rose had the been the “chased” by the team that year. Unlike the water guns, the rubber bullets were not only more accurate, but hurt a hell of a lot more. And given that was the first time SMITED had been trying out new agents since the reorganization, there was, of course, some very eager agents to hit Rose with those bullets. That year Adriel had been on the sidelines nursing a leg injury, but she still was there as an on-site medical personnel. Good times.

“Hey,” Adriel protested half-innocently at Rose’s jab. “I can’t help it if I had to take Janus out, and he just happens to be a hunk. You know I don’t sleep with my co-workers. That’s a recipe for disaster. Besides, I’ve been in the mood for more girl on girl recently,” she softly punched Rose in the shoulder as if implying that she would consider sleeping with the vampire. Of course, Rose and Adriel both knew that would never happen, but what was the harm in a little flirting to put Rose on her toes?

As Baosihr issued the new orders, Adriel nodded in understanding. Rose, of course, was no surprise. Mara, though, was. It seemed that Baosihr had cooked up some scheme to finally get Mara to show her full potential this year to him. If not, Adriel was sure she’d manage to do great as a desk jockey. Personally, Adriel didn’t truly believe that Mara had what it took to be a field agent. For years, she had failed to live up to the high standards and high expectations required of a field agent. Although she had a great heart, without any sort of way to counter her weakness to water she was, unfortunately, always going to be liability to any team.

Mingling with the other agents was on the agenda it seemed. “You know,” Adriel thought for a moment talking to Rose, “because I know you’re too scared to do this, I’m going to do you a solid...” Right as Rose was about to open her mouth to speak, Adriel shouted across the gym. “Hey you! Pretty boy! Yeah you, elf!” Adriel, finally remembering his name added, “Tarrin! Get over here! Rosalina wants to talk to you.” Adriel whispered, “I’ll leave you to get to know each other,” with a wink to Rose as she walked off.

Adriel decided she’d better head over to Mara, who was being assisted by another elf, to ensure that she wasn’t seriously injured. Walking up on their conversation, Adriel interrupted, “Oh, Officer Duadoch is most certainly planning something.” Lowering her voice so no one outside of the elf, Mara and Adriel could hear, Adriel decided she would add a little insider info, “You know he had to pull a few strings just to get you in the door this year? He likes you Mara. He went the extra mile for you. I hope you don’t let him down.” Speaking at a normal tone again, Adriel asked, “You’re doing okay? Any injuries from that accident I need to take a look at?”

IRMo7cs.png

Calliea Ru
Agent
Woodland Elf
roll for dodging portals
Fable Fable StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Gilzar Gilzar
Calliea was frowning. After not being able to dodge a portal which popped over her head. Then being unable to follow a plan which was well thought out, and having to try to get back to the gym and rework the plan. She was frustrated. The game had ended with Mara being victorious and people being brought to the hospital wing. She went to grab her staff and sit down. One of her training methods was meditation. With Bojustu, keeping a calm front is the only way to work the skill properly. Even if she would go off and bang and attack wildly.

Calliea after calming herself down rises up and walked to Rosalia. She didn't want to seem like she was being difficult about being around others. She just hated other elves. Other supernatural creatures, she had no opinion with. She couldn't trust her own kind opinions about the others. She had to gather ideas herself and from her father. Her father said that their blood was really good to vampires. And that she should be careful about approaching one. But now a vampire was a team leader so she had to introduce even tho she really didn't care what team she would be put on.

She has no problem with following Mara or the vampire. As long as Rosalia didn't try to suck her blood without asking first. Since Mara was busy, she decided to introduce herself to Rosalia. And compliment her on her plan and socialize as the trainer called it. "Hello, my name is Calliea. Your plan was smart. And would have worked well. If Janus plan had failed. " Calliea did have to give respect to the magician. His plan was pretty smart as well. He couldn't get Mara out of the gym but he could get the enemies out of the gym. A loophole if you will.

Calliea then sighed. She wanted to do something, and now they were at a standstill. Letting everyone rest and get focused. She didn't need to do that. She was never tired. Calliea was special that way. Her father hated it when she was a child. It was that much harder to get her to sleep but it was just them then. She smiles to herself. Remembering her father who she missed dearly always put a smile on her face.

GSCQdgC.png

Her sunken eyes wandering over the many faces present in the hall, Laura would nibble on the chocolate bar, letting her thoughts drift...
And almost choking on her snack as someone would pull her mind back into the cell-like confinement of her skull. The wendigo's grasp tightening as it slowly nudged into her conscious stream of thoughts.
Planting seeds of doubt to even further make the woman question why she even got out of bed on such a dreary autumn day.

"Stop it, I'm feeding you, am I not?" Laura mumbled, rubbing her temples as the creature bared its intangible teeth, bringing forth unpleasant memories.
Images of her friends' cold, dead eyes, their frozen bodies...The scent of dried blood and...

Jolting up from the bench Laura would breathe heavily, hunching over as she tried banishing the creature's influence back into the darkest depths of her mind where it belonged.
"I am stronger than you. This is my body, not yours." Laura would whisper under her breath as she gazed up from the floor, trying to find something to take her mind off things.

The sight of the fire elemental making the wendigo screech in terror at the mere prospect of having to work alongside the physical manifestation of fire.
A faint smile coming to adorn the woman's lips as she realized that maybe working in a team wouldn't be as bad as she had thought.

Slowly making her way over to the elemental, Laura could feel the wendigo willingly creep back into her subconscious mind, dreading the awful warmth.
"Hey...Uh, looks like I wasn't the only one getting here late. Though It seems only I had to get a timeout." Laura tried striking up some conversation, the mere presence of the elemental making it worthwhile as she could feel the creature in her mind squirm at the sensation of warmth on its host's skin.

Nephalem Nephalem

dvS11xZ.png

Baosihr Duadoch
Training Officer
Demon
Hit: ??
@ All Agents In Gym
Baosihr grinned at Mara, "Oh, do you disagree with being made a team leader? I don't need to give a reason for your selections, one of the perks of being in charge!" He guffawed for a moment, obviously enjoying his position of power over them. They could dislike or even hate him all they wanted to, but they still had to follow orders.

"Look at it this way Mara, due to your personal issue, it's safer to make you a team leader than say... a team grunt. You call the shots, but you'd also more than likely be willing to listen to alternative suggestions from your team. Being a team leader puts you in charge, but doesn't mean you're the first to go charging into danger. Honestly, it's the safest place for you and your team to be. If you being in this position doesn't work out well, or you want to step down, then so be it you won't be a team captain."

He crossed his arms over his chest, standing tall as he looked over who was left. "So, I've figured out your teams. Team Alpha, Rosalia, Victavia, Celena, Zolona, Tarrin, and Calliea. Team Bravo, Mara, Kypher, Rillianthil, Sol, Laura, Adriel, and Hjolgram. Gather together, socialize with your team and we'll be starting up a new game soon."

Janus
"God of Doorways"

4ccb118961f0a104fa6fe31015086cae.jpg

Janus froze as time seemed to slow down around him. Impossibly slowly, his head turned to stare in shock at the side of Officer Baosihr's face, incomprehension evident in his widened eyes and raised eyebrows. That man... That man had actually just... A fist clenched tightly and Janus had to restrain it with the other hand, the two shaking violently behind the man. No one was supposed to... No one should... How...

Janus knew how. SMITED was a mysterious organisation, more so than he himself. They had immense power and vast network of connections, of course they could garner any and all information they required. Janus' past life had been discovered, his deepest and darkest secrets exposed to those who worked under the agency. How many knew? If agents as senior as Baosirh knew, then it might not even be classified, which meant anyone could look it up. That would not be allowed. Janus had vowed redemption, but he would let his past follow him down the path of good. And he would kill anyone or thing that got in the way or realising that goal.

Snapping out of his violent thoughts, the dark, hateful look that had adorned his face disappearing in an instant, Janus composed himself and let his arms fall back to his side. Quietly, discreetly, Janus stepped closer to Baosihr and leaned in to a whisper.

"How available is that information? How many know?"

He was certain Baosihr would know exactly what he meant; the man was clearly no fool and probably knew exactly what he was doing. The question was how far was he willing to push Janus with his games until... Until what? What was Janus intending to do? He himself had no idea, it wasn't in his nature to go against superiors, to go against orders. But his past... His redemption...

Waiting for but a few moments, Janus left Baosihr promptly, marching off to gather with his assigned groups with a brisk stride. Janus didn't really have any particularly strong feelings for anyone in SMITED, or anyone ever, really, but it was now that he decided to start with his distrust and dislike for the demon instructor. It was unnecessary. Janus hated unnecessary. Detested it. No, he needed to get a grip. He couldn't let this affect him for the upcoming game, he- wait, why did he care about the game? What happened to his belief in SMITED putting him where he was needed? Would they put him where he was needed? Did the path of redemption really even lie with SMITED?

Harbouring a swirling mass of conflicted thoughts and dubious doubts, Janus approached Mara and Adriel with a disconcerted frown. They appeared to be busy talking, so he merely stood there and observed them, his attention often drawing to the fishtail that had replaced Mara's legs. He had never seen a Merfolk in their transformed form before as his line of work had never taken him there, so it was a first for him. The idea of having one's body so drastically altered through such simple means was considerably odd to Janus.

JustNicole JustNicole StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Fable Fable

pNhHiAa.png

Celena Agrios
Agent
Bestial
As the little man in front of her responded the answer to the question, you could see the confusion on Celena's face clearly not having any idea what a dwarf was, a facial expression quickly overtaken by the realization of a solution to the problem along with a lift of the finger like she just reminded something. She reaches into a pocket placed on the front of the pants/cover she uses to cover her horse part and takes out a book. She reads from a bit and goes through the pages until she finds what she was looking for and then she addresses Hjolgram;

"Luckily my human society teacher taught me about the dwarfs in case I ever needed this! " as she cites from the book " The dwarfs are the best part of the Hobbit movies in the lord of the rings series, they are known to be very cool and have very nice beards and use foul language to describe themselves because they are absolute... b-badassues? How in the name of Artemis do you say this... bad-asses? Yea bad-asses and nobody even those girly elves...What does girly even mean? Seems like a derogatory term " as she then realizes she's been talking to herself without answering the question and quite embarrassed she says" Oh I'm sorry for rambling on you can call me Celena but we should probably meet up with the others, Baoshir seems like he has something important to say."

And just about as she was to gallop forward she noticed the fact that Hjolgram didn't look like the most nimble much more built for duration than for beauty, and Celena trying to be nice to everyone as her teacher told her, especially to elders, something the dwarf in front of clearly was she bent down and picked the dwarf up from under his arms and put him on her back and then she started galloping towards the rest of the people.

As soon as they arrived they heard the new teams being shouted by Baoshir and she then let the dwarf get off her and she said as she started walking towards her own team "See you later sir, I hope I didn't offend you and also if you can could you get an autograph from Gimli? My teacher would be really happy." she then proceeded to walk towards her team.

Once close enough to Rosalia she does a bow and then says; "Hello I am meant to be part of your team now, as my venerable elder of many years I hope I can be assistance and "show me the ropes"."

Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria Gilzar Gilzar Fable Fable

IDmY1MV.png
Victavia Annesworth
Agent
Vampire
Hit:
WolfSol WolfSol Fable Fable

Victavia takes Agent Baosihr's words into deep consideration, it seems like the title agent was preferred over master and mistress here, how strange. Victavia bows one last time to the training officer before following Zole to what was considered the bathroom. Victavia still didn't understand Baosihr's decisions, it almost seemed like he didn't want her to serve as the house slave. That couldn't have been the case, surely her duties would be needed soon. If not, what would she do, there isn't much that she can do outside of serving another. It's all she's known for countless years of her life.

Before drowning in her own thoughts, she ends up hearing the list of teams and their leaders. Zole, someone she's acquainted with, was one of the various teammates. With no idea as to who or what else was on her team, Victavia was beginning to have a positive outlook upon this situation. Maste...Agent Baosihr seems to be quite dependable and intelligent based off of the trials he's set up against her before arriving. So far, Zole, happened to be kind towards Victavia, offering to help clean off the oil. "I deeply thank you, Zole, for I owe you a grave debt." Victavia began to move swiftly after Zole, staying exactly one foot to the left of her and two feet behind her. This distance wasn't altered even slightly, this was another habit of Victavia. She believed that Zole deserved such respect, kindness is foreign to Victavia so any shred of it automatically makes her react in a way she can't explain as of now.

She wanted to ask Zole questions about the agency, it's layout, and what she preferred to eat but Victavia felt like it was out of her jurisdiction to question another person she just met. Speaking of food though, it has been quite a while since Victavia has fed on something. She's used to feeding off of her previous owner's leftovers, but now she was at a loss of what to do. She would hate for hunger to impede her duties at the prestigious organization.

proxy.png
Rosalia Liotta
Agent
Vampire

Rose couldn't help but smile as Officer Duadoch said she'd be leading team Alpha. Head of the team - Just the way she liked it. This wasn't the first time she'd led a team, and hopefully it wouldn't be the last. This seemed like a somewhat orderly bunch. They just needed stern leadership, which is exactly what Rosalia could provide. Stern yet Fair as she liked to put it.

The flirting, although it was just a joke, still caught Rosalia completely off guard. Her cheeks reddened, and she shielded her left hand over her mouth to hide her amusement. "C-" There was a muffled chucking noise. "Come on. You know I'm not into short people."

Adriel did not finish there though. In a moment or two she suddenly called the red headed elf named Tarrin over, completely giving off the weirdest vibes possible. "N-" Rose froze up, and her pale cheeks reddened once again out of embarrassment. She knew Rose only liked Elves as food. Beneath her glasses she glared at Adriel as she fled the scene. "You must think you're real funny Adriel..." She murmured as now not one, but two elves were approaching her. This was definitely not normal. Most elves that knew Rosalia would turn the other way. But then again, as their team leader they wouldn't have a choice.

Cellia, approached her, and greeted her. She even complemented her plan. Nice that someone around here appreciates my work.

"Hello Celleia." Rose replied. Celleia's scent was absolutely wonderful, as with most elves. Truth be told she really didn't see elves as anything else but food. Lots of bad blood between vampires and elves, or so they say. But they weren't as bad as shifters, and Rose could at least tolerate them and exchange pleasantries without coming off as forced. Also by now, having been in this room for so long, she was used to their wonderful scent it and it was not as powerful of a detraction anymore.

"I appreciate you saying that. But I should be thanking you for following along with it when you certainly didn't need to. If Janus didn't do such a daring move like that I do think things would have went smoother but....as I like to say, things go awry."

With the announcement of the teams, people were already starting to make their way to Rose. Just to make sure everyone was coming, Rose took charge.

"Team Alpha meet over here next to me!" She yelled loudly across the gymnasium, trying to get the attention of the Victavia, Zolana, and anyone on team Alpha else who wasn't on their way over that should be.

She was then greeted by the Bestial named Celena that absolutely devastated the door, as if it were made of paper. Just why all of the races she happened to have biases against were on her team she had no idea, but for now as leader she was going to have to put them aside. With the centaur this close and bowing, Rosalia got a good look at Celena from her hooves to her head. This thing is HUGE! Rosalia, standing at 5'11, was abnormally tall for a girl, vampire or not. However, Celena dwarfed her in such a manner it was almost comical.

"I'm not that ol-" She paused, denying her age was almost instinctive due to years of lying to humans for survival. Most people couldn't see past her outward appearance, but this centaur was obviously craftier than most

I am that old.

She smiled, impressed by her logic and flattered by the bow. "I see you're not tricked by my looks. Not many can say that." For a second she paused. "Unless you read my file..." she mumbled awkwardly.

"Anyway....I think you'll 'learn the ropes' just fine so long as you try."

JustNicole JustNicole Light Light Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo PanOtterPus PanOtterPus r e i r e i WolfSol WolfSol (Apologies if I forgot to tag anyone!)

Faust Senade
Gymnasium

Fable Fable

"This is bad..."
He was late. No matter what excuse he gave them, the fact that he was late wouldn't change. Faust walked nervously toward the gymnasium. It wouldn't matter if he walks a bit slower now as he was already late. The problem is, he thought, should he tell them the truth or made up something convenient? Deep in thought, he bit forcefully into his right thumb and spat. The taste of leather did its job and stopped him from digging into his fingers every time he felt nervous.

The truth was, he completely forgot about the evaluation. He spent his morning relaxing in his room, tinkering with his power, letting the TV on without watching it and wrote a letter to his brother, who refused to buy a phone. Though a bit inconvenient, his refusal was understandable. Faust himself struggled to keep up with the fast development of technology when he first tried to blend with human society. Luckily, his eagerness to learn and supportive colleagues helped him to cope with the sudden change in both technology and culture. Maybe they should make an orientation program for supernatural beings, as they call it, that want to join humans?

Faust stopped at his feet. The entrance to the gym was right in front of him. The broken door made him frown. Wasn't the facility supposed to be new? Did they reuse an old door or had an agent break the door already? He broke out of his thought as the word agents came into his mind. He still needs an excuse for his tardiness. What should he say? Sorry, I'm late because I need to practise knitting? Well, not knitting, but what he did was pretty similar.

"Ah, whatever." He should just tell the truth. Hesitantly, Faust pushed open an intact door and walked in. The agents inside sounded out of breath. Did they have a test already? He bit his thumb again. He couldn't care less about the taste. After taking a moment to compose himself, he approached Officer Duadoch.

"Officer Duadoch, sorry I came in late. I... forget there is an evaluation today?" He spoke uncertainly. He felt bad enough for coming late. If he miss the evaluation, he couldn't forgive himself.

dvS11xZ.png

Baosihr Duadoch
Training Officer
Demon
Baosihr had planned to go into the office for a bit, call the medical wing to make sure the werewolf had actually taken the dragonkin there and not gotten distracted by something, like chasing after a car. Janus, after being called by his real name whispered a question about that information and how many knew. Baosihr just smirked silently. If there were buttons that needed to be pushed, Baosihr was the one to do it. He had to see how an agent was going to react and Janus, as usual, was worrisome.

His attention was captured by another voice calling out his name, "Another bloody," he paused, " do you people not know how to tell time? Just... Faust, correct? You're on Team Alpha." He pointed to where Rosalia was,
already getting into her role as a team leader. "Go join your team. Talk to your team mate, and if you can, learn to set an alarm on your phone or something. Excuse me." Baosihr left then, heading towards the office and going inside, though the door was left open. He picked up the hard line phone and called the medical ward, lowly inquiring the status of the injured dragonkin.

JADff9o.png Tarrin Selanlar
Agent
Elf

Gilzar Gilzar
Tarrin had been so focused on finally taking part, finally jumping into action, that it took him a second to realise what had happened. He skidded to a halt, turning his vision from the spot were Mara had been a moment earlier, to her position now crumpled on the floor entangled with the Dragon-lady. Everyone seemed to jump into a different kind of action then - most moving to see if Mara and Xaira were OK. The latter had come off worse, being sent to medical, but at least she would heal given time.

Tarrin gave a sigh of relief when Baosihr ordered the remaining agents to take a break and mingle amongst themselves, giving them an opportunity to overcome their differences early on. Seemed a smart idea in theory. While everyone broke off into small groups, however, Tarrin stood there feeling fairly awkward. He had only every "mingled" with the elves of his village and the odd traveller passing through, and now he was expected to just walk up and talk to someone? "Better and better..." he mumbled to himself.

A good ice breaker? Giving someone a heart-attack. Apparently that's what Adriel thought as she began to yell at the elf, coaxing him to join the Vampire from earlier. Tarrin was deciding what to do when he noticed another elf walking over to Rosalia. This made his decision for him - he liked elves, so this should make it easier, right?

He stalked over in time to catch the conversation and allowed the girls to finish before jumping in. "Uh.. Hi. I guess from the yelling you already know that my name is Tarrin. It's a pleasure to meet you both. And I wholly agree with Calliea, it was a clever plan, perhaps why many decided to try to contribute to it."

Just when he thought he could really do well at this socialising business, Baosihr called out their teams, giving Tarrin a pleasant surprise when he realised he was being grouped with his two new acquaintances. "Well, how convenient. It'll be a pleasure to work with you both." He gave them both a small smile of approval, excited to be part of a team, regardless of it's members and his lack of knowledge about them.

As newly comfortable as he was, however, he became nervously shy once more as members of his new team began to file over. He decided it was best to allow the conversation to flow on, quietly listening and taking in any free information offered by his teammates.

full
Rill raised one eyebrow as the blonde nephilim sauntered over and whispered her information to Mara before raising her voice back to normal levels. There was something about the woman nagging at the edge of Rill's memory, but she let it go as the mage walked over.

"That was a good trick you pulled," she said, looking the man over. He seemed distracted in a way, but Rill figured it had something to do with the exercise. "You don't look like a Laura, Sol, or Hjolgram. I'm guessing you must be Kypher. Welcome to Bravo Team. Why don't you talk to the boss while I see if I can corral our missing members."

Putting two fingers into her mouth, Rill let loose with the piercing whistle she used to call in the raptors near her home. As heads came up and turned her way, she looked around the gym, trying to figure out which of the others belonged with Mara. Hmm. There were two women in fairly close proximity to each other. Maybe.

"Hey, you two!" Rill shouted, pointing at the gaunt woman and her companion. "If either of you are Sol or Laura, get over here. We shouldn't make Mara walk around after what she just went through. Hjolgram! Who or what ever you are, come on over. We would appreciate your presence."

Rill turned back to the little gathering, pausing to fold the sheet back into a small square and setting it aside. Introductions could wait until the entire group was gathered. Hopefully Mara could figure out how to make use of their skills as a cohesive unit in whatever new madness their instructor was planning.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 , Kloudy Kloudy , Vampunk Vampunk , JustNicole JustNicole , Nephalem Nephalem , Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria

gm08hDj.png

Zolona Dakviak
Agent
Dragonkin
Hit:
10​

She moved quickly, rather unsure of the best way to get the oil off of the rather... odd... vampire. "The smell of oil hinders my senses," Zole explained, "it's not a problem. There is no debt to be paid." As they headed toward the bathroom, she paused at the door and overheard the team listings. Mismatched irises cut over as she assessed the her team leader of Alpha. She'd only caught glimpses of Rosalia before, and that fact alone bothered her. To be a leader, to have that title and responsibility was a shame to miss, but she could handle it. A leader did not define perfection, at least in her eyes. It was merely a title that allowed certain benefits, certain actions to go unnoticed. Nevertheless, as her hand tightened around the bathroom door absently, she considered the team's structure. Most of the names that were mentioned were names that she was unaccustomed to. Additionally, she wasn't fond of any of them to begin with. If I had been on time then perhaps I would think differently. Guess I will have to wait till our first field assignment to see if my team is knowledgeable and skilled.

Zole finally relented the pressure on the bathroom door, and opened it slightly wider to allow Victavia to enter. "We'll be quick," she assured. Being a perfectionist, Zole kept to her word. She'd grabbed a handful of towels, separated them, and saturated one pile with hot water and soap. "Lipids counteract lipids, right?" She spoke aloud, vaguely remembering something about fatty liquids in previous training classes.

Although the task was finished quickly, she wasn't able to get all of it off. Even so, at least the stench of oil wasn't so strong. After helping with the clothing, Zole led the way back to the gymnasium just in time to see the Alpha team's leader starting up conversation. "Have you ever worked with Rosalia?" Zole glanced to her side, but had to turn just to catch Victavia's gaze. Yet as she asked she continued leading the way to the forming team members. Although she'd prefer to become acquainted with them over conflicting situations, a better way to assess personalities and skills in her eyes, she decided that casual conversation would be a decent substitute.

Coming up behind an elf that she surmised must be Tarrin, she looked to Rosalia, and briefly bowed her head. "Congratulations on becoming the team's leader. I am Zolona, but I prefer the alias of Zole. I look forward to working with you."

As she straightened, her attention slid to the elf and then to the other members. "Why do you think we've been split into two teams? I was under the assumption that this trial was to eliminate those who were considered weaker or not fit for the tasks at hand, whatever those may be." Admitting ignorance was a weakness that Zole would absolutely not consider. Even if she was not aware of SMITED's procedures when it came to teams. She'd never been a part of one after all, there was no need to form a team with an agent that held a job of transportation.

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Gilzar Gilzar Light Light

yLFLvx0.png

Hjolgram Axewood
Agent
Woodland Dwarf!
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Tarmagon Tarmagon Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo
He stood patiently listening to what the young centaur had to say. It was clear she wasn't from around here, or at the very least hadn't been around a lot of different people. Suddenly, against his wishes, she best over, picked him up, and and placed him on her back. He held on for dear life as the centaur galloped at seemingly light speed towards the forming groups of people. Just as quickly as she took off, she stopped almost causing Hjolgram to fly off her back.

Hopping off her back, Hjolgram would turn to her saying,"I would avoid picking up other dwarves in the future if I were you. Personally, I'm fine with it if it comes from a place of ignorance or someone's just trying to help. After all, these old bones can't quite do what they used to. But there are those who let their pride go to their head and would rather challenge you to a fight, than let you help them."

Turning towards Rill, he shouted, "I'm comin'! I'm comin'!" as he waddled his way over to the now legged Mara and crew. "Gods, I haven't rode a horse in years. Almost threw out me back..." Turning to face Mara completely, he bowed placing his right arm across his chest. "Hjolgram Axewood, at your service!" Standing back up to full, he looked her up and down and nodded., "And good job making team leader, Mara! You're really going places, eh?."

Last edited:
Mara-Poecilia.png

Mara Poecilia
Mascot Agent
Merfolk
Hit: 10​
A hard expression set upon Mara’s face as various agents, the demon included, spoke up. Yes, she knew that this was most likely going to be her last shot at something better than paperwork because of the trouble of put Baosihr through. Most of those around her meant well, but at times she had troubling seeing it as her mind was always fogged, as it still wasn’t just enough to shake off 8 years of pent-up bitterness.

Rolling her eyes at Adriel’s comment, she once again listened to what the senior agent had to say, it making perfect sense to her. She knew that if she were just a grunt being thrown into the fray with everyone else, she would everyone knew her as. A liability. “I’ll stay team captain...” the merwoman eventually muttered, listening to the team assignments. Not something she couldn’t work with.

Her gaze drifted about the building, Mara having a small, previously dormant, bit of hope begin to flourish. It seemed as if she was truly making some type of progress here, although her feelings about this would’ve only been noticeable should one be paying particularly close attention. The desperation and hope in her violet eyes which was soon matched with a faint smile that tugged on the corners of her lips as Rill asked whoever was left to join them so she didn’t have to walk.

Things were looking up for once...

“Alright...” she began once everyone had gathered around, her tone having taken a serious edge. “We should begin with brief introductions. Your name, species, and what you’re capable of.” Gesturing towards Hjolgram, she finished “You’re up first.”

4C4Uuuc.png

Taionia Torqen
Operational Officer
Elf
-

Taionia stood outside of the gym, staring at the damaged doors with her arms crossed over her chest and a clearly unhappy expression. She shouldn't have been surprised that there was was damage, but that didn't mean she could just let this slide. This was a new building! She inspected the damage as she shoved the damaged doors open, glancing into the gym looking for her target. She saw agents mulling around, but no Baosihr.
She didn't interact with the agents, she wasn't here for any of them, oh no, she was here for the frustrating demon training officer.

She walked past the agents and went into the office, standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips and a stern gaze directed at Baosihr, it was clear he was in trouble. "Officer Duadoch, a word," she said in a serious tone before stepping into the office and closing the door behind her. Right before the door closed, Baosihr could be laughing nervously, greeting Officter Torqen, then there were just silence. It was fairly easy to determine that he was getting his ear chewed off.

Last edited:

SH6PABi.png

Faust Senade
Agent
Demon
Hit:
Around: Rosalia ( Gilzar Gilzar ), Zolona( WolfSol WolfSol ), Victavia ( Light Light ), Tarrin ( PanOtterPus PanOtterPus ), Celena ( Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo ), Calliea ( r e i r e i )

Faust sighed a breath of relief as Officer Duadoch left the room. He had expected disqualification, but this was better than what he could wish for. At worst, he would have tardiness on his evaluation now. Not that it mattered. He could always make up to it next time by coming on time. Maybe he should ask someone to teach him to set alarm as he was told to.

When he looked around, most agents already went to their respective group. He ran hurriedly toward his group that Officer Duadoch had pointed out earlier. The group itself seemed to contain two elves, vampires, and a centaur and... dragonkin? He had a problem discerning a kin and were, but he could just ask when he got the chance given the shifter isn't very sensitive. Which wasn't the case with most shifter he met, unfortunately. At least I wasn't the odd one out. While he disliked the elves' overly friendly attitude, he suppressed his feeling and reminded himself to give everyone a chance.

The shifter was asking a question when the conversation went into his hearing range. It was a good question, and he appreciated her willingness to show her lack of knowledge. Faust used the question as a cue to join the group.

"Maybe... to test our ability in a fight? Combat practice is always useful. " He smiled apologetically as he rubbed the back of his head with one hand. It felt embarrassing to be the last one to come.

"Ah, my name is Faust. Sorry I came in late. Did I miss anything?"

yLFLvx0.png

Hjolgram Axewood
Agent
Woodland Dwarf!
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
He liked the idea of everyone introducing themselves to each other. God forbid they went into their next assignment not knowing what the others were capable. That was just asking for another messy dragon collision. It seemed that he was up first, which annoyed him a wee bit. After all, he Just gave his name, but I guess that's what you get for showing up last.

He stepped into a position where everyone could see him clearly and cleared his throat. "As I said previously, I am Hjolgram Axewood. I'm a Dwarf hailin' from the Galloway Forest Park in Scotland." He flexed his arm and smiled as he spoke."I'm quite strong and I can punch tings real good." He laughed then realized that he should probably give more than that.

"The extent of me strength is quite large for a normal dwarf. I can lift well over one tousand pounds over me head wit ease. I'd say I'm made out of sterner stuff than most and I can take a punch just as much as I can dish 'em out. I can also carve wood and whittle like a champ."

Janus
"God of Doorways"

4ccb118961f0a104fa6fe31015086cae.jpg

Damn that demon. He knows what he's fucking doing.

Janus had just been about to shake those distracting thoughts off when another individual addressed him. The real him. He turned to her sharply, a venomous scowl forming on his face at the elf that had just spoken. A moment later, Janus faced away again quickly, attempting to hide the murderous look by directing it elsewhere. Hopefully she was too stupid to pick up on the immense aura of deadly intent he was probably exuding as a result of being able to barely contain himself.

Their team leader, Mara, had called for everyone to state their names, species and capabilities. The dwarf started. Seeing this as an opportunity to set the record straight with everyone, Janus decided to step forward and go next, making an attempt to keep his face composed.

"Janus."

He glanced at Rill and gave her a look that clearly was meant she was to not probe any further onto that particular matter, the said look only lasting for but a mere second so as to elude only but the most perceptive.

"Human magician. Portalcraft, stealth, assassination, agility."

It seemed as though Janus was not in the mood to expand any further on the topic and stepped back into place, hands shoved into his pockets, eyes downcast and devoid of anything telling on his mind. It was a very rare occasion that Janus should display any such emotions as he just had, and likely on the veterans or officers such as Baosirh would notice this. They got in the way, they were distractions, at least in his mind. However, Janus had simply been unable to remain silent as he had for so many years when his principles had become so compromised. Baosirh would pay, he would make sure of it.

@Team Bravo

SCPxgnQ.png

Adriel listened to the teams as Baosihr assigned them. It was easy for Adriel to try and piece together how the team would operate. In spite of her years, Adriel was not one to step into the forefront and take charge of the whole team. Her only goals on a given op was to make sure everyone made it there safely as the pilot, and to ensure that everyone made it back alive as the medic.

First, there was Mara, the team leader. To say Adriel had reservations about Mara’s abilities was an understatement. Oh, she liked Mara as a person, sure, but in a real op with real consequences, Mara was as fresh and unproven. Would should have the strength to continue when the going got tough or would her pessimistic attitude cause her to give up?

Next, of course, was Kypher or as he preferred to be called: Janus. To his powers were potent was putting it mildly. The demonstration in the gymnasium had been impressive, and Janus did have enough experience to not be a total rookie when it came to being in the field. Still, he had a bit of a dark side underneath his quiet demeanor, and Janus was someone, from what she had heard others say, that needed a firm hand telling him want to do in combat. Unless Mara’s leadership style changed, she didn’t seem to be hands on enough to deal with Janus herself.

It was only natural that Rillianthil had ended up on Mara’s team given their interactions. They, thankfully, seemed to have some good team play cohesion. Rill and Adriel had served on some missions before, so the woman was not a total unknown to Adriel. In fact, Rill was one of the few who remember what the organization was like before it took on an official name. She was a good field agent, albeit hampered by her environment and choice of weaponry.

There was the dwarf, Hjolgram, an old timer of the no-name days who worked as a craftsman for them for many years. While she had some concerns about his physical age, from the file there was no denying the strength and stamina the dwarf possessed event at such an age. He seemed to be a reliable person who would be a team player and get the job done.

Sol, the fire elemental, was something of an unknown to Adriel. She had dealt with some stubborn elementals on some ops in her time here. There was no denying the power of an elemental in their element, but from her interactions so far Sol seemed a bit timid to say the least. She didn’t seem to have that aggressive instinct necessary of a field agent, but perhaps there was more the fiery elemental than meets the eye. Either way, her power of the flame was actually a good fit for the team given Mara’s handicap. She might be able to dry Mara out quickly or prevent her from getting wet.

All in all, it wasn’t an all-star team like some of the ones she had worked on in the past. Iit had a fair share of both rookies and veterans. With the right teamwork, they could probably get the job done with minimal problems or injuries provided water was not involved.

Listening to the other introductions, Adriel was pleased to see Mara had some seriousness to her voice. Perhaps her comment had gotten through to the woman after all. Seeing the opportunity, Adriel introduced herself. “Hello Team Bravo. For those of you who haven’t met me before or worked with me before, I’m Adriel Smith.” Concentrating one moment, she allowed her wings to appear out of her back momentarily to emphasize her race, “As you can see I’m a Nephilim.” Pulling her wings back in, she continued, “I am a combat medic. I can make a person-sized forcefield for a variety of uses. I can also, of course, fly using my wings, and pilot anything that flies.”

full
"Apologies, Janus." Rill said. "That is a handy power you have. Hjolgram, a pleasure to meet you."

Rill couldn't quite suppress a sigh as Adriel manifested her wings. Some things never seemed to change.

"Hello again Adriel," she said, her voice warm despite her sigh. "Still pulling out the wings every chance you get I see. Let's hope this isn't nearly as exciting as the last time we saw each other."

Turning her gaze back to the group as a whole, Rill spoke just loud enough that those gathered around could hear.

"Rillianthil, wood elf. Wilderness survival and tracking expert. Long distance runner and expert shot with a bow. I don't use guns, and don't ask me to. Okay at hand to hand against an amateur, but useless against trained opponents. Oh, and I get along with animals."

After a moment Rill grinned and glanced at Adriel.

"She can fly anything, but don't expect to enjoy the ride."

Fable Fable JustNicole JustNicole Kloudy Kloudy Blaire Wisteria Blaire Wisteria Nephalem Nephalem StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Rosalia turned to Zole, to which she gave a friendly smile and nod at upon hearing her words. From the looks of it Zole was a bestial in the shape of a dragon, like the last one. Dragonkin she believed they were called, though she was unsure. She didn't have a whole lot of experience with bestials, mostly because vampires generally don't associate with them. SMITED changed that obviously, so she woudn't let her personal views get in the way of things.

"Thank you, Zole." She smiled. "I'm sure we'll work very well together."

She then turned to face the newest person in the room, a demon. He didn't introduce himself at first, but rather questioned in a similar manner that Zole did, though he asked if this was a combat test of some sort. Then he introduced himself as Faust.

"Greetings Faust. You missed the first evaluation exercise, but that probably isn't a bad thing considering it was absolute chaos. All we did was chase Mara over there with water pistols." Rose replied, pointing over at the merfolk named Mara. "Sounds innocent enough but it still managed to get out of hand..."

Rosalia then paused, and looked around herself. From the looks of it, her entire team had gathered here. She decided to make a more formal introduction rather than just a meet and greet. "Alpha Team! Please give me your attention for a few moments. I'll answer your questions the best I can." She said loudly.

She took a moment to look at all her team members, then continued "First, please let me introduce myself. My name is Rosalia Liotta. I'm your team leader." For a moment her Italian origins showed briefly, only when speaking her name the old-fashioned way that she would in her native lands of Italy. Having lived in the US for so long she had almost completely lost her accent when speaking English, however when saying certain words such as her name it would always return momentarily.

"To answer your question, Zole, we've probably been split into two teams for a drill of some sorts. Evaluations like this aren't really intended to sort out the better agents, it's more directed toward encouraging team work and seeing what structures work best. Or at least that's what the last one was for."

She then turned her attention back to Faust. "I also don't think anything we do today in this gymnasium will be combat related. We don't have the proper equipment for that, and normally we're notified before those kinds of things."

"Before we start, I'd like to get to know all of you better. Let's all gather in a circle and tell everyone our name, age, where you're from, and what you bring to the table skill-wise for the team. I know it sounds elementary, but I've done this exercise even on real missions. So you all have a reference, I'll go first."

"You all already know my name, it's Rosalia Liotta. I'm 160 years old, from Firenze Italia'." She paused awkwardly for a second. "Sorry, you'd know that place as Florence Italy."

"Anyway," She continued. "I'm a vampire, so I'm a lot faster and stronger than I look. One vital skill that I have to this team is that I'm a trained medical professional. So if you're wounded let me know. Other than that I'm very good at sneaking around and going unnoticed when I want to."

"Who wants to go next?"

The office door opened abruptly and Taionia exited the room with a scowl, taking a direct path towards the damaged doors to the gym once more. She stormed out without a word or glance at the agents, except for maybe the Centaur. Baosihr emerged from the office with a sheepish grin, "Ah, good ol' operations section, gotta yell or they might explode y'know." He moved to step further into the gym, a megaphone in hand along with a red rag and a blue reg, though he didn't use it when he spoke next.

"Enough socializing, it's time for the next game, team against team. You are going to be playing a version of capture the flag. Your flag will be a team mate of your leader's choice, meaning this flag has the ability to move and flee. There are a few rules before we begin. First, no one on their team may use any magical powers. Second, you can leave the gym, but only as far as the open field outside (53ft away from the gym). This means you cannot go into other buildings. Third, the flags must be visible on the flag member's body, so no hiding it where it cannot be grabbed. Fourth, reasonable combat is permitted, don't get out of control. Lastly, have some fun and the team that gets the other team's flag first wins. When you've decided who your flag is going to be, send them over to get a flag from me."

Mara-Poecilia.png

Mara Poecilia
Mascot Agent
Merfolk
@Team Bravo​
Mara nodded as everyone began to introduce themselves, they had an alright team of people that she could work with. "I'm more than certain you all know who I am, based on the previous "game" we played." She couldn't help but grumble the last few words, clearly not all that happy about having been used for target practice. It reminded her of her first evaluation 8 years ago. Although the specific goal had been different, she had fallen on her face within minutes. So she was at least pleased that she had made some type of progress, which was better than none.

Then Baosihr returned from the office carrying two rags and a megaphone, soon explaining that they were going to play a version of capture the flag. Her choice was obvious. Magical abilities couldn't be used, which ruled out Kypher Janus, Adriel, and Sol, and Hjolgram was much too short and slow, leaving only one option.

Without a word she would retrieve their flag, handing it to Rill once she had acquired it. "Rill will be our flag carrier..." She would lower her voice as she continued to speak so the other team wouldn't be able to hear her. "As soon as we begin, we go outside as their team leader isn't going to enjoy it all that much. I want you two, Adriel and Hjolgram, to keep up and protect her. Janus and you-" She gestured towards the fire elemental who had yet to introduce themselves, "Are going to get that flag by any means necessary as long as it falls within the rules we were given. Does everyone understand?" Finishing Mara's eyes would flick to the various agents gathered around her. They were at a slight disadvantage when it came to the centaur, however with their leader being a vampire, it might just make up for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back