• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Small-Group Literate (ideas inside) :)

TheHarlequinnCat

One Thousand Club
Now, I'd want a vote on which idea is the best (hell, even a 1x1 if you really wanted) for a semi-literate group. Since we are all busy people, it would be a laid back setting (I personally see RPing as telling a story collectively, so plots and characters are very important- in short, this RP shouldn't feel like a burden to reply to.. It should be something that's interesting to read back on and explore) and the best RPs come from RPs with a strong character foundation and lots of diverse interactions where you can explore your own writing abilities, etc. etc. Anywho, here we go!

Idea I:

Basically, if you have ever seen the show American Horror Story, you'd know it's got a great idea; the same cast give-or-take in different situations. Now, while I really enjoy that show, I particularly enjoyed the second season (asylum) so whether it's a modern day setting, or a setting in the 60s (like the show; I think it was the 60s), that would really cool. Also, this RP could lead out of the institution and into real life (again, plotlines are everything). I don't have much an idea for this, other than it would be cool to have some very interesting character plays. You could have things from drug addicts to schizophrenics, etc, etc. (this is not meant to be any kind of romanticism of mental illness btw)

Idea II:

Apocalypse! Hell yeah, okay, I love the zambies and I love it all ok? ok. Needless to say, instead of starting at the beginning, how about we start 20 years in the future (summing up the character histories, which play into the way they interact, behave, and react) and idk could be interesting, this would definitely be character based as opposed to apocalypse-creatures. I would prefer it revolves around the people and has a lot of diversity, addressing the zenith of human nature in times of crisis. An idea? 20 years in the future, so we still have some generation-the-apocalypse-started people as well as potential children or heirs to the human race, either the land is relatively safe or extremely safeguarded. They have either found an antidote or have damn near perfected it, and things seem to be turning around as they REBUILD civilization. There could be people living off the reserves for people, the 'safe zones', and there could be a situation where there is someone immune, idk, it'd be fun guys just post about it :) make a group message with any inquirers because we could brainstorm characters.

Idea III:

Slice of Life where we make a set group of unlikely friends, and their lives as they move forward (hopefully carries on to when they are older) starting with either just-out-of-college or just in the middle, so we can already have set their majors/reputations/relationships/etc. That could be interesting, again, if we had the right play on characters and diversity and plot. :)

I think it would be just starting out in college. Like first year. And then you can build the friendships up. You could have it were they are stuck in one or two class together. Then they have a group project. And that is how they can start to come together. Just a thought with that one.

@H8becomesyou it'd also be cool to do junior or senior year of college, where they have built up other relationships and their 'reputations' and know the campus kind've thing. I feel we won't get much past them initially discovering themselves if we start that early

Yeah that is true. That is a better idea. Junior year would be a good place. Being there for three years. They would know who they were. And they would more then likely have a stronger friendship. When they did become friends.

well I don't know I kind of like starting from the first year of college better. Hey we don't have to use realistic pics do we?

eep. you said small group so I feel weird posting this but if you happen to need one more person I would be glad to. Or not. Whichever is easier :D

@jacunliffe it's not a guarantee everyone in this group will be in the RP, it depends on who wants what characters they add to the RP and how they work with other people.

I haven't gotten many people saying ideas or characters ^^"

I wanted to be the outkast tat girl with the different colored hair. :) oh nose ring and things like that lol.

Here's an idea for idea 3:

basic synopsis: we have 3 girls who have been friends since maybe high-school. You have the (@H8becomesyou) rebellious type, a somewhat unruly force-to-be-reckoned-with. Dyed hair, mohawk-like hairdo, piercings, maybe a secret tattoo here or there, but she isn't that stereotypical outcast. She's extremely athletic, with strong arms and thick thighs from weights, and she's outgoing enough and goes to enough parties to have gained quite the reputation in school. Her two friends? One is the 'tall hot blonde', she gained a reputation as both a 'bitch' and a 'slut' in high school and into the beginning of college; but she was always incredibly smart, despite being vain and high-maintenance. She's not who you'd expect to be a best friend to these two girls, but she has never been so close with two people. The other girl was a foreign exchange student, seemed a bit dimwitted socially, but was laid-back and kind enough to be the glue that brings the group together. This girl is almost like a model, while they're all pretty in their own sense, because she is very tall and tans well with dark features. She's a hopeless romantic and sees the beauty in the most bizarre things. Together, they make this trio of endless possibilities and mischief.

(idk) there's an idea. 0_-o

that is a good one. Just think of the things the would get it into. I actually laughing at what they would do :)

And not to be dumb here but what is this 0_-0 is a wink or a smile or something?

oh lol now I know :)

ooo then the three girls could meet made some guys that balance them? Ok I better hush I don't want to make your idea to big. When you did say small.

@H8becomesyou not necessarily guys. I think it'd be fun to see more than romance; like finding soulmates for different things, best friends, best lovers, best hobby-idk etc etc. Oh and out of those girls there's bound to be one that likes other girls (not one of the friends)

oooo I like that. You have a very good ideas. :) but one that they that sees them. Maybe one of those I love you from far things. While the girls go into their hobbies or loves of things. As you say the soul mate for different things.

And maybe it is not found out until years later about it. When they are all coming back to see each other. (not the friends but the other one or ones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back