• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Slice of Life (with a twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo peeps!

So, as the title states this is a 1x1 IC focusing on a Slice of Life scenario with a bit of a twist.

What's the twist?

We're assassins!!

Not school kids. Not working adults. Not parents to a kid (or many).

Assassins.

If this sounds interesting to you, please keep reading! If not, I wish you luck finding an RP better suited to your tastes!

The Premise

This RP takes place in a fictional world, but I'm keeping it grounded and bound to the laws of reality as we know them with only one exception coming in the form of a detail for my character's backstory. More on that later in DM's if you're interested.

So, the story.

My character is from the most powerful assassin organization on the continent upon which this story takes place, and is the best in said organization. More details on the continent itself will be provided via DM's if you're interested in the rest of what you hear.

Your character will hail from a neighboring continent and be the best within their respective organization, and their purpose on this new continent is to seek out the organization my character comes from in hopes of establishing some sort of either partnership or, if nothing else, an agreement for mutual disarmament between them as they plan to immigrate to this continent regardless. And they know if they're going to be here they would rather not be in direct unfriendly competition with my character's organization (as its reputation precedes it, and your organization knows we're not to be trifled with). If an agreement cannot be reached then a declaration of war will be declared between our organizations.

And thus we have our story.

Our two characters are the best at what they do, and each will have different strengths within the realm of being an assassin as they were raised and trained differently and in different parts of the world. As such they're meant to compliment each other and, although it may be a bit rough going at the start as they get used to working together (especially since mine is normally a solo act), eventually their mutual goal is to learn enough about each other and the opposing organization enough to make an informed decision on what the relationship between their respective organizations will be. Can they work together? Can they at least work respectively even if not "together?" Or, is a war between them inevitable as their differences are discovered to be too strong to allow two superpower organizations to occupy the same landscape?

Only time will tell, and I don't plan to make that decision easy on them (cue cheesy and old timey evil laughter).

The World

As stated before, this world is nearly identical to our own in terms of how it functions. So, there will be no super powers, no magical or mystical happenings or special abilities, and no mythical creatures or races like dragons, orcs, elves, etc (sorry Tolkien lovers, which includes myself).

The laws of physics apply. So, regrettably, there will be no inhuman feats of strength/agility/etc such as wall jumping like in Smash Brothers where you bounce back and forth between walls several times in a row to make it up impossibly high platforms. Why? Well, sadly, it's physically impossible for humans to perform that feat numerous times in succession thanks to gravity and the laws of energy transference. Given how fit our characters have to be in order to be the best assassins in their respective organizations they can definitely get away with one solid wall jump. Maaaaaybe a second one if there's enough texture on the wall to get friction under them. But more than two is out of the question. Other even more outlandish feats like a double front flip from a stand still? Fuck no.

Other than that, the world is a standard fantasy world which is completely open to exploration. More details on the world to come in DM's if you're interested!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

If you like the concept and want to hear more please send me a DM, as I've locked the thread so no responses can be posted here. I'm trying to do my part to keep the IC forum clear of unnecessary bumps, ya know?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back