• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Slice-Of-Life/Romancemaybe

StatusUndead

The Cutest Undead
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! Lovely to meet you! It's lovely to meet me too! Thanks! <3 So, if you want to know more about me, as well as my expectations of you, I suggest you peruse the about me section of my profile. It has all the boring details that I insist you slog through. I'll give you some time to do just that.

*Sits down to make a cup of tea*
*Realizes it's better to stand while making tea, as the stove to heat the kettle is at standing height.*
*Stands to make tea*
*Gets distracted*
*Forgets what distracted them.*
*Sits down to make a cup of tea*
*Realizes the need to stand to make tea*
*Gives up on making tea*

Okie. So, I should have given you enough time to peruse. So, let us continue.

For this thread search, I don't really have any settings or plots. I expect to work together to come up with those. Instead, I have characters and ideas for pairings. Every character I play will have the capability of being played as any gender, and will generally have the flexibility of playing any sexuality. This is to give you the flexibility of playing as and with the pairing genders you like. So don't be shy, lemme know if you have preferences for my characters. If you don't, I will choose them myself.

I have a recent hankering for playing outsiders. That doesn't mean you have to play a boring human. But I want to play, like, an alien that befriends a local that helps them integrate into society, as well as helps fend of the haters. Stuff like that. Just a heads up. As stated before, plots and settings are also flexible. Any of these pairings can be done on Earth in modern times, ancient, future, any time between, or fantasy with their races, sci-fi with their races, or any made up thing we wish.

I want these stories to be slice-of-life styled. As in, no overarching plot. No end-game goals. No epic story going on. We are not the world-saving heroes. Etc. Not to say there will never be any world-saving, if it naturally comes up. The focus here will be the relationship between our characters.

I also want our stories to be romance focused. That's not to say we shove our characters at each other and force them in love. But I do want love to be the ultimate goal. So we'll at least make sure our characters have the capability to fall in love with each other, even if that takes some work. I tend to like slow-burn anyways, though I'm also not opposed to faster paced romances, as sometimes testing new relationships is also quite fun. We can even start out hating each other. Anyways, lots of flexibility. I just want love to be the eventual goal.

As another heads up, I do quite love darkness. Not that I want the whole story to be grim, dark and gritty, but I don't shy away from torturing my characters either. I like putting them through horrific events, or having a horrific past. In case stuff like that bothers you.

For the first pairing idea: We are both unique beings in the universe. Our beings do not naturally interact. For example, a grim reaper and the undead. So we will not have any knowledge about the supernatural sides of the other. This will allow lots of dialogue as our characters get to know each other.

Your character is, on the surface, just your every day average Joe. Though they don't need to be named Joe, or a male, if you don't want. They have a job, a social life maybe, etc. Thing is, they have a supernatural side they keep hidden from the general public. Maybe something like the grim reaper who needs to help the lingering dead souls find peace and travel to the afterlife. Or maybe a magician, and not the sleight of hand kind. Or maybe a werewolf, who pays careful attention to the cycles of the moon, so they don't get loose and hurt others. Or any other being you wish to have that is also capable of blending in with society.

My character is a being from another plane of existence. This plane is comprised of pure energy, as is my being. They have the capability of popping between their plane and yours. Materializing and dematerializing at will. They are ancient beyond imagining, as well as an eternal prankster. They use their powers to play tricks on others, to no end of amusement for themselves. Though they aren't malicious. They have a code. They cause no harm, and make sure to never violate people's privacy, such as in the shower.

My character meets your character and takes a liking to them. From there, we just live out life, going where things take us.

My second character does involve a setting. It's inspired from A Wandering Village. If you aren't familiar, it's a game. Though it's not imporant to be familiar with the game. Though, at least googling what it looks like may help. Anyways, the setting is a harsh, toxic world. A band of nomads end up finding an ancient, massive being, called an Onbu. Onbu is, essentially, a traveling landmass. Onbu's back is a massive, flat, earthy area. It's got grass for growing and dirt for mining. It provides most of the essnetials needed for life. So, these nomads end up living on Onbu as it travels around.

Your character will be one of the residents of the Onbu. My character will be one that gets picked up by the nomads. My charcter is a different species, that comes from a different Onbu... As a criminal who was banished. This leads to a lot of suspicion from your tribe, though your character sees the good in mine and takes a liking to them.

This story should allow a lot of drama as our characters learn to trust each other, while fending off accusations and even attacks from other villagers.

My third character is an alien to your world. Though some may see them as just a machine, or robot. My character is a member of a biomechanical race of beings that was created by another alien race. They were meant to be a sort of AI, robotic slave to their creators. Problem is, they gave the biomachines intelligence. This led to them wanting things, like their own rights and equality as citizens. They wanted freedom from their shackles.

Their creators wouldn't allow that. So, eventually, the biomachines waged war against their creators. This led to my character, a technician of sorts, to helping to create a wormhole device to help their people escape enslavement. Problem is, they were ambushed at the site of the device. This led to an attempt to create the portal to go awry. After opening the portal, my character got shoved through, where they appeared on your character's planet. No others seemed to have followed. That's where they eventually meet your character.

Your character has a lot of freedom. Depending on if you want it to be on Earth, or a fantasy or sci-fi setting. I have ideas, like they can be some sort of politician, or soldier, possibly a cop or maybe just some random nerd who plays D&D in their basement with their friends who has to go to great lengths to help their new alien friend.

Anyways, those are the three characters I have for now. I may add more to this in the future as a way to bump the thread, or something. I'll figure it out later. But I hope my characters give inspiration to you, as well as my setups allowing enough flexibility for you to let your creativity go wild as well. I love world building and story building with others! I look foward to writing with you! <3

Fourth character! For this one, I'm a villain and you're the hero. This can be realistic, like a detective and criminal, or fantastical, with magic, or sci-fi, or anything really.

The hero has been fighting villainy for a while, perhaps. One thing they do know is evil, though. That's why, through their interactions as they clash, the hero knows the villain isn't evil. Maybe the villain is controlled. Or possibly misguided. Or something. But the hero knows, eventually, that they aren't evil.

From there, maybe the hero tries to reach out and help the villain. Or maybe it's in such a way that the hero sees the point of view of the villain, realizing they aren't actually the villain, but the hero! :o *suspense* Anyways, lots of flexibility with this one, as per usual.

Last edited:
I enjoy Slice-of-Life, Romance, as well as Darker Themes in stories. I also enjoy transformative elements whereby my character begins story as one thing and early into story becomes another thing causing a search for identity and grappling with their new reality and social expectations. This could include a male turning into a female, an adult turning into a child, or a human who becomes an animal. If you are interested in playing opposite of a character of this nature than feel free to send me a message to discuss. StatusUndead StatusUndead

You mentioned aliens so here is some inspirational anime music and a potential theme:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back