SKYRIM

ROFL!!! For a moment I was expecting like a game-changing mod like zombie mode (Fallout Ghouls EVERYWHERE! And all fallen NPCs become ghouls!).

I found this interesting because it feels like nod to Earthbound for Super Nintendo. Even the wording "Plush Teddy Bear". It's an item you get in Earthbound. Plush Teddy Bears and Super Plush Teddy Bears. They acted like shields to absorb damage equal to their threshold during battle.

30-10368.png

It actually followed you around on map screens to indicate it was still in one piece.

EB3.jpg

This Mod is really cool. I would probably use it for one of my characters who I made as just for fun and humor. His name was Testocles The Mighty (a play on the Greek hero Themistocles :P , and obviously, the word testicles). He was a smug, charismatic Imperial, but also a deceptive and manipulative coward who would go around claiming to be the mightiest hero and warrior in all of Tamriel. His love for women was only rivaled by his love for mead. :D

It was fun because his main skills were speech and sneak. In terms of combat he was worthless, so it provided lots of challenge and laughs. He'd often depend on followers to do most of the work, and was never above leaving them to die as he made a discrete escape.

Some great times with Testocles! :D  

There actually is a zombie mod, where I think you can activate anywhere and if NPCs die by a zombie they're revived as one. Didn't download it, but it seemed pretty cool and I watched some reviews on it.

Yaahh... I general I'm pretty bad at stealth in Skyrim. It was only when I played Fallout, did I realize that walk-crouching lowers the chance of being caught (Deliverer FTW). But I'm pretty sure my followers trigger the enemies in Skyrim, I'm not too sure

Yaahh... I general I'm pretty bad at stealth in Skyrim. It was only when I played Fallout, did I realize that walk-crouching lowers the chance of being caught (Deliverer FTW). But I'm pretty sure my followers trigger the enemies in Skyrim, I'm not too sure

There's tricks.

1. Wearing light armor lowers movement noise
  2. Followers generally won't be detected unless you are, or the enemy goes into search mode (This is when the stealth icon begins to open like an eye, and they are aware someone is there, because they heard something or lets say you fired an arrow or spell that missed, or killed a nearby ally of your foes)
  3. I've been sneaking close to enemies and had followers roam out into plain sight of them, and they did nothing, as if they were invisible
  4. You can give followers enchanted items (either found, purchased, or created yourself) that improve sneak skill

There's a bit of a skill to stealth.

When you start off, you won't be that great at it (skill level), so you should move slowly, rather than full speed.

Avoid loose objects and moving around them, as they can be disturbed, and if my observations are correct, they can produce noise which tips NPCs off.

When navigating, use as much cover as possible, and always maintain a distance. IF you must, observe AI patterns and find the perfect moment to advance (NPCs can only see in a realistic line of vision, so when coming from behind, they are helpless.

I like bow work with stealth, as you can operate from a distance, instead of having to get close.

Also, you learn how to negotiate your environment when using stealth. You should always be aware of your surrounding, and be very sneaky when moving around it. Stick to corners, walls, and stay behind cover. Peek out from around corners and over drop-offs that lead to open areas and assess the area before proceeding.

It's something you get used to with time and practice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
After defeating the Dragon at Whiterun and being summoned by the Grey Beards, Sol checked out from the bullshit and drama of Nords and Imperials. He ignored the Grey Beards, the civil war, all of that bullshit and headed south into obscurity. I did some jobs for the Jarl of Falkreath and became Thane, purchasing Lakeview Manor and building my own homestead. I spent a long time ignoring everything, building my skills, collecting supplies and equipment, got married, had 2 kids (adopted, but by my account, we were talking 10-12 years later, he had 2 children of his own with Ysolda of Whiterun).

Now the beauty of playing this way, is in time, it becomes natural, you don't really think about it, you just react accordingly. Having all the DLC's, vampires were a routine thing. They are just annoying, you know? Anyway they had made me very angry over the years, but when I did the quest involving the ghost of a little girl who had been killed by vampires, I decided Sol had had just about enough.

I ended up joining Dawguard prior to even visiting the Grey beards. So by the time I started the Dragonborn quest line, I was a skilled, experienced adventurer, veteran vampire hunter, and somewhat experienced with Elder Scrolls, as opposed to being a complete newb stumbling around in iron armor.

That's a completely unique story line than anything I've ever done, even though I'm doing the same old quests. :D

I challenge everyone to try a new Skyrim file using this method. It's vastly more rewarding that just charging through the game with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other, completely absent minded about it.

So basically the character I had on my laptop I was doing this. (though I think I may have lost her when I had to do a factory reset on my laptop. {Godammed windows 10 ruined everything. })

Also, there is a slightly pathetic selection of males to marry.

(My brother almost had a mental breakdown trying to choose which two children to adopt after we got the hearthfire expansion.)

WE'VE GOT TO HAVE... MOOONEEEEY

E

'

V

E

G

O

T

T

O

H

A

V

E

M

O

O

O

N

E

E

E

E

Y

>mfw 

>mfw meme arrows 

Faendal: What do you want me to carry?

Me:

tumblr_mamh1fZQ941r4vc5no1_500.gif

Everything!

When you hear a dragon in the distance or feel the rumble of it landing nearby:

jLBIIZg.gif

When a master locked chest has 7 septims inside:

what.gif

*ignored last message *

Even through skyrim is cool, morrowind was amazing

@Loco Mofo first and foremost bless u for bringing up Earthbound.

I play Skyrim about the same way. I don't think that I really need mods in order to enjoy the game because there's so many different questlines and stuff that you can do like it's fun just to experiment?? (Even if hypothetically I had the means to play Skyrim with mods.) And honestly I REALLY want to make a character to Testocles now that sounds really fun LOL.

I have a hard time making a character that isn't an argonian because the lizard people are so pretty and they have horns and feathers and there's so much you can do with them design wise. ;A; So nine times out of ten I make some mage/stealth thing and Hail Sithis my way through the game because she's edgy and likes to kill ppl. But like... there's this one argonian you can marry and I just love him so much because idr his name but that dumbass just like... fell into a cave or smthng because he's too curious for his own good and he's a miner and fights with a pickaxe and the thing is?? There are so many glitches involved with him LOL. Like he's really sweet but he literally won't fight without a pickaxe and like he's accidentally treated as an important character that can't die and also like if u invite him to live at your house with you he'll accept and then.......... just start running back to the mines where he works LOL.

I will say tho that my friend and I were kind of dicking around too on her game and we made this dark elf named Tina. We set out specifically to make her a vampire, pre-DLC like naturally contracting the disease because it's really fun to be horribly disadvantaged like that sometimes?? And we got a horse and made the mistake of naming him Thrash which imo is such a rad name that we got hella attached and would not proceed in the game if he died even though we could lit just go and buy an identical horse. I think Tina was also doing some magic/stealth thing, again just because I wanted to feel the full advantage/disadvantage of being a vampire. She was probably some sort of true neutral. It was hard to tell because we honestly spend most of our time with my friend gathering all the food she could find EVERYWHERE then me getting rid of it because fuck food.

But honestly does anyone play on those harder difficulties? I tried it on a few occasions when I realized they were a thing and honestly I think it just annoys me the way they do it, because I'd rather the opponent's just be more skilled in combat than delivering OHKOs every time lmao. Maybe that's just my fault for using light armor a lot.

And like the one big complaint I have about Skyrim as it is... there's zero reward for breaking out of jail. Like you literally might as well just pay the money because having your skills reduced isn't worth it and when you do manage to jailbreak... you just can't show your face around the hold ever because everyone and their mom knows who you are and what you did and won't talk to you and just?? Idk maybe like if charges were dropped over time it would be more fun. I want to just habitually break out of all these different jails. :< And yeah I know there's That One Quest but that isn't enough for me LOL.

EarthBound_Box.jpg

Earthbound is still one of my favorite games of all time. At least top 20, top 10 for the SNES era.

I have an android phone, so I have the SNES emulator on it. It's free to start but uses some form of token system for saves, for about $3 I upgraded to full version so there's no limitations of any kind, has it's own game genie too. The Roms you have to get yourself, but it's as easy as downloading them for free like you would on a PC. Once the Emulator locates and reads them, they are in your library forever.

I have all the old classics. Pocket nostalgia. ^_^

I wouldn't expect a millennial graphics whore like yourself to understand.

That's the golden era of video gaming encompassed within 4 screenshots.

Actually those are some of my favorite games, things like Golden axe 

YEA YEA 

If you have an apple phone, you're a slave to a corporate Nazi Regime and will not be able to enjoy this gift from the gaming gods.

This alone is worth buying an android, it doesn't even have to have a plan, lol. It can just be your mobile SNES.

I also have a Playstation 1 Emulator. ^_^

LOL OKAY I GOTTA' ADMIT THAT I'M A BIT OF A MILLENNIAL GRAPHICS WHORE. Just because I wasn't allowed to play much outside of like Jumpstart or related PC games during the first part of my life L00000L.

I don't think my Turbo would be able to handle such beauty. I'll keep it as reference for when I can get my new phone in a few months. I played Mother 3 on a ROM tho and I downloaded Mother and Earthbound on my Wii U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back