SKYRIM

I've encounteted some problematic bullshit typical of Skyrim in my latest file.

I went to Falkreath early (again) to buy Lakeview Manor. I need a home in Elder Scrolls because I'm a hoarder and I need to organize my shit.

So most of you probably know the more you do around a hold, the more "known" you become. Before long, the Jarl sends you a letter requesting to meet you because he/she has heard so much about you.

Well I got a letter from Siddgeir, and it opens a quest called Before The Storm where you go around talking to all the Jarls.

Since I've already dealt with Siddgeir and fetched his Black-Briar mead, I can't complete this objective.

It's driving me nuts. Does this clear up on it's in any way (I haven't bexome Thane yet)? Because I'm on console, no mods. Can't cheat my way around mistakes like this. I have to live with them and ultimately, I'm fine with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 questions for everyone:

What is you favorite quest (DCL or non-DLC)?

Who is your favorite follower?

Personally, my favorite quest is when Astrid takes you to the abandoned shack, trying to be all clever and ominous. I not only kill her right there on the spot, but afterward, you get a quest to locate their HQ, and kill every last one of them.

I mean look, everyone idolizes the Brotherhood. But they sent people to kill me prior to this, and well, that bullshit is unacceptable, lol.

My favorite follower in Faendal. He's an archer so he never gets in my way, and he has a great attitude, plus he's easy to unlock (as a follower) and you can get him almost right away.

(i wouldn't know about the quest unfortunately, never done it)

I think maybe my favorite quest is within the Dark Brotherhood storyline. Whenever you're impersonating the chef... I have fun with that. First, finding and killing him is fun, maybe just because of nostalgia bc I didn't know I could drag a body until that point LOL, but showing up as the chef, I go all out. I show up dressed in chef hat and all, and the dialogue is fucking hilarious when you're just making this soup with THE MOST ridiculous ingredients. Also then the twist in the quest is delicious yum.

Tbh... I've never really utilized a follower. They always seem to throw off my whole stealth thing I have going on. Also I guess I feel bad when they're having to run after me riding a horse... all the time....... LOL. BUT NEXT TIME I GET AN OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY I'm going all out to experiment with that sort of stuff lmao.

The Brotherhood made a fatal mistake when they sent people to try to me. But I lost all respect for them when they let one man enter their domain and kill every last one of them single handed, even it was me, lol.

One day I will make a character weak enough to let Astrid give him a pass, and recruit him after trying to have him killed repeatedly. It's an intelligence thing, I get very into the character, and none of mine have been able to get past that or trust them in the slightest yet.

I mean if you want my help, come talk to me like a normal human being. If you kidnap me in my sleep, and try to force me to kill someone in order to prove myself worthy of your league of incompetent assassins, I'm going to put an arrow between your eyes, and proverbial party is over.

The first time this happened to me though, I quickly realized Faendal was no longer with me, I grew even more angry. I didn't know if we being held captive, or if she had killed him (you never know with Bethesda). After crushing the Brotherhood presence in Skyrim, I rushed back to Riverwood and was delightful relieved to see my buddy working the sawmill, safe and sound. :)

Followers aren't ruining your stealth game, you are, lol. NPCs don't respond to followers, maybe the odd high level NPC like a boss character, but I've never really had them screw up my stealth game.

Take a follower who uses light armor naturally. I use Faendal and he's excellent. Uses a bow so he never gets in the way, and he can maintain whatever distance you're choosing to. Also wear clothing default, so you can put whatever armor you chose on him.

Also you can give followers stat buff items for stuff like stealth if you're really convinced they are impacting your game (which i'm like 90% 

sure is not a thing, unless in special cases, as I said).

One of the main reasons I use followers is for a pack mule. I like loot. I love loot. ^_^  So when my carry capacity is reached, I dump items onto them, which they  carry for me. I get double the loot on every run.

I also like the company. It adds a bit to the experience for me. I especially love when you enter a magnificent area in a cave, Black Reach for example, or really elaborate cave systems, like the ones that have mini-landscapes within them. Most followers will comment on it, being astonished by it's beautiful and complexity. They are really great moments that add to the game.

Some examples of Faendal's dialogues are, the odd time when you discover a basic cave, he'll say in a curious and excited tone, "Hey, a cave. Think we should go in?"

Sometimes when you enter a creepy cave or ruin, he'll say, "I don't like the looks of this," in a doubtful, worried tone.

Some examples of his comments on complex caves are, "Would you look at that..." and, "I wonder how long that's been here?"

I like it. :)  You don't have to experience those discoveries alone, and it's such a lonely game.

Also, let's try to keep this Imperial nonsense to a bare minimum.

Let's try to remember that Imperial is an entire race from Cyrodiil. That skooma fiend who tried to rob you outside of Riften? He could have been Imperial, lol.

There's the Empire, and the Stormcloak Rebellion.

For the record, I don't support either, I'm a lone wolf. But I played Morrowind... And I played as a Dunmer. I don't like the Empire, at all. They are racist and expansionist, the Elder Scrolls equivalent of every war mongering empire or nation in history, From the Babylonians right up to Nazi Germany. Wherever they go, oppression, drama and war follow. They are the scourge of Tamriel.

So playing SE with Frostfall installed, managed to pass out from exposure after fast travelling to Dragonsreach and wake up in Winterhold.

Do you have any tips on how to find the recipes for the potion themselves? o:

Sorry for not including this when I originally answered.

Here are 4 ingredients used to mix Potion of Health (the main ones you'll probably want to start creating for your exp right away):

Blisterwort (Mushroom)

Blue Mountain Flower

Blue Dartwing (Dragonfly)

Butterfly Wing (Standard orange)

That should at least get you started without that awkward hump. Health potions are awesome to stockpile in sack or barrel for use.

I also have some advice for Alchemy in general. It requires some crafty business sense, and as an added bonus, you can get extra speech exp out this (because speech is kinda hard to train naturally, it tends to fall behind, but is very useful. A lot of speech situations will pass you by while you let speech "train itself" so to speak).

So you wanna hold off on alchemy for awhile to let your ingredients build up into a nice stockpile. Meantime you can acquire recipes, but if you wait and do what we normally do staring off (the blind mix), you can get these recipes basically for free.

After you do your first major alchemy session, you should have hundreds of options of varying types.

Take all your undesired potions. Poison of this, resistance to that, fortify some such, etc. Now go around to every alchemy shop in Skyrim, You'll even find one in Falkreath, and Marthal.

Sell hem undesired potions until they run out of gold. But sell each potion 1 at a time because if you sell 80 potions all at once, it only counts as 1 single shot of speech exp. Whereas if you sell them 1 by one, you get 60 shots of speech exp.

When they run out of money, go to their inventory, and buy recipes, or ingredients (be weary of how much gold you give them. Maybe buy 200 worth at a time then repeat because there's a trick to it).

After you buy stuff from them, they'll have septims again. Now you sell more undesired potions right back to them for the gold. IF you have enough potions, maybe a haggling or speech buff, you can hustle every potion shop in Skryim doing this. So you trade options you made for free (because you gathered the ingredients on your travels) for good merchandise, and you're training speech.

When the alchemists are dried up, you can do this on general stores to get stuff like ores & ingots, arrows, building supplies, anything they have that you want.

Best part, you still tkae all their gold, so at the same time, you're collecting spetims. I rarely pay for anything anymore. ^_^

Also, I often put ingredients I paid for in a separate sack or storage unit. This way I know what's been collected for free, and what's been paid for. When I need a certain ingredient, I check my "paid for" sack.

When you lose your Skyrim file:

vkDz7.gif

(On a less serious note, Patrick Dinklage sort of looks like Yoda & Luke Skywalker had a child)

Seriously I just lost mine. NO desire to even play anymore.

I know you're thinking what? How? You idiot!

Well I have this habit of deleting every od auto save before saving fresh, and late last night I must have fudged up the process...

giphy.gif

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE HORDE 

whoops wrong game 

Skyrim belongs to me... Come take it.

tumblr_nam0cyv9PM1tj7djvo1_500.gif

That gif is savage though. Did some sick bastard make a mod to allow you to attack children? I've never seen anything like this.

smh

On 11/16/2016 at 8:14 AM, Loco Mofo said:

Skyrim belongs to me... Come take it.

tumblr_nam0cyv9PM1tj7djvo1_500.gif

That gif is savage though. Did some sick bastard make a mod to allow you to attack children? I've never seen anything like this.

smh

It's a mod that around 90% of Skyrim modders have. After downloading it, I immediately went on a rampage in Riften, first killing Grelod the 'Kind', then Constance Bitchel, then unleashing Firestorm on the kids there.

Fun times.

I don't use mods.

I'm old school. If mods exist to take stuff away and give disadvantages to the player, I be interested in that, but most mods I've heard about are anti-boredom measures and or cheats.

It's like the people who mod COD Zombies to have any gun, infinite points, infinite ammo, ability to fly, it just ruins it and defeats the point of COD Zombies; the challenge presented by the parameters of the game.

Some good mods would be anatomy damage recognition for both player and NPCs, meaning I can't shoot a guy in the foot and kill him, and if I take even 1 iron arrow to the heart, or head, I die instantly. If You get wounded in vital areas, you can and probably will bleed out within minutes. Maybe have some medical items you can use to treat wounds (a potjon van't magically close a gaping gash in your throat). Along with that armor coverage recognition, so the strength and coverage of your armor counts for something.

Weapon and armor damage thresholds, requiring you to maintain your equipment like you had to in Morrowind.

Smarter enemy AI patterns would be so fucking awesome!!

Someone sneaking up behind you, landing a killing blow.

One thing that I would love, even though it's cheating to provide an advantage, is follower growth. Their skills can actually lvl up, if they have certain items they can preform tasks, like picking locks for you, opening chest and taking the loot, etc. Smarter Followers who can act more on their own outside of follow, attack, follow, attack.

My fav mod is the Paarthurnax dilemma, where you can have a non verbal shouting match with the Blades to keep your dragon buddy alive.

I downloaded the mod and saved Paarthurnax, then killed the Blades because I didn't like them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back