• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Skypirates- OOC Page

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lordxana0 Lordxana0
I find myself with a question regarding my character concept that I now came to:
An envoker medic, blessed with the ability to heal others (partially) paried with the very mundane ability of medical training.
They would be a fight frame pilot, though here comes my question. Is a frame that would engage in frame-v-frame combat but more in a supportive role, fixing up allies and boosting them, while spotting smaller arms for themselves as a defense but not really in a way meant to actively engage the enemy, something that would be considered possible?

Lordxana0 Lordxana0
I find myself with a question regarding my character concept that I now came to:
An envoker medic, blessed with the ability to heal others (partially) paried with the very mundane ability of medical training.
They would be a fight frame pilot, though here comes my question. Is a frame that would engage in frame-v-frame combat but more in a supportive role, fixing up allies and boosting them, while spotting smaller arms for themselves as a defense but not really in a way meant to actively engage the enemy, something that would be considered possible?
Both concepts can work perfectly. A Frame designed more toward repair, harassment, and defense sounds like a really cool idea.

Both concepts can work perfectly. A Frame designed more toward repair, harassment, and defense sounds like a really cool idea.
Prefect, then I think I have my character concept, no to the Character thread I go! I already have a personality in mind, but the backstory might take a moment.

You're sheet is super good, welcome to the crew and feel free to post in the game thread, can be found on the first page and first post. Look forward to flying with you!
Thanks! I've read the posts, but considering that Magnolia isnt a new pirate, do you think she was part of the crew for a while and if so, would it be good to establish how the relationship with other longer time crew members might be?

Thanks! I've read the posts, but considering that Magnolia isnt a new pirate, do you think she was part of the crew for a while and if so, would it be good to establish how the relationship with other longer time crew members might be?
I would think at least this last tour if not more, and yeah you can have her talk to some of the NPC's and even name them if you want her to have specific confidants. Or ping someone who has a character already part of the crew if you want close relationships with player characters.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Hey there, sorry for the ping, but since both our characters are medics in the crew, it seems likely they would frequently work together and have developed some sort of opinion about the other. Would you like to discuss those things?

I would think at least this last tour if not more, and yeah you can have her talk to some of the NPC's and even name them if you want her to have specific confidants. Or ping someone who has a character already part of the crew if you want close relationships with player characters.
Would you want to clear up how the captain and Magnolia stand with each other, too?

Would you want to clear up how the captain and Magnolia stand with each other, too?
The Captain respects all of her crew equally, she treats her doctors well and allows them full control while in the med bay that equals her own authority over the rest of the ship. Otherwise she tends to stay aloof to all but her closest advisors. Best way most would describe her is 'a fair captain and a dangerous foe. Amongst the characters she doesn't have anyone she will be particularly close to, through a sense of mutual respect most likely flows both ways.

She pays on time, gives her crew rewards for service beyond the pale, but is also just as quick to throw idiots in the brig to sober off and punishes with just as much force as she rewards.

Yay! More people :D
And so many cats (and "cats"). Squiggles, T0BY, Silver... Much love for the cat-parent squad! <3

Also... remember when I posted about the scene I had in my head for my book... Where someone is walking underneath the skyship just as someone empties a puke bucket out of a window?
One of my betas commented they had THAT EXACT VISUAL in their mind. Made me laugh :D (and wonder if more people will imagine that when they're reading my book when it releases)

Hey guys, I'm going to have to drop this, I don't have the time for it now sorry :c

I was waiting indeed, since not all players that are still with us have posted their introduction

Also, apologies in advance for I will totally screw up the Trashcan dialect. Can't place at all what it's supposed to be 😂 Oh, and English being a second language for me makes it even more difficult to figure out accents hahaha

I was waiting indeed, since not all players that are still with us have posted their introduction

Also, apologies in advance for I will totally screw up the Trashcan dialect. Can't place at all what it's supposed to be 😂 Oh, and English being a second language for me makes it even more difficult to figure out accents hahaha
From reading it i'd say its scottish, but placing an accent only from how its depicted in writing is a bit hard, so I might be wrong.

Naw. It's Pirate NYAAARRR lol. Welllllll, modified to fit the setting anyways.

When the sisters talk 'normally' they speak like Jack Sparrow. When they go off and are hard to understand they thcken up their 'Trashcan' accent and speak like Barbosa.

But k, I'll edit their dialogue to make it more understandable lol

Naw. It's Pirate NYAAARRR lol. Welllllll, modified to fit the setting anyways.

When the sisters talk 'normally' they speak like Jack Sparrow. When they go off and are hard to understand they thcken up their 'Trashcan' accent and speak like Barbosa.

But k, I'll edit their dialogue to make it more understandable lol

Its perfectly understandable, just hard to replicate the accent

To me it took a few reads, lol. I got the gist though. But reading dialects can be a little difficult. Heck, I can't even read the dialects of my own language XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back