• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Skypirates- OOC Page

Main
Here
Characters
Here
It occurs to me that I haven't stated anything yet, but as of now all characters are accepted. I want to give till Friday this week to allow everyone to take time and get any characters out, but come Friday I will get the first post out and while people can join after it will allow those with characters to start with interaction and such!

It occurs to me that I haven't stated anything yet, but as of now all characters are accepted. I want to give till Friday this week to allow everyone to take time and get any characters out, but come Friday I will get the first post out and while people can join after it will allow those with characters to start with interaction and such!
Hi so I just posted what I have so far for my charrie. I shifted her focus as more of a robot mama but I still wanted her to be a Frame pilot. Just want to have feedback before I finish off her persona and backstory. She's basically inept/cowardly without her creations and has massive health issues too. But I'm thinking Diz is the happy go lucky one of the crew so far.

I'm re-reading my second book (which takes place on a sky ship) and one of the first scenes gives me a visual I just can't ever shake off...
Someone's emptying a puke bucket out of a window...
I can only imagine a random traveler on the ground, minding their own business underway to the market. And suddenly.... SPLAT

In entirely different news... I have an idea for a secondary character XD Can we do doubles?

I'm re-reading my second book (which takes place on a sky ship) and one of the first scenes gives me a visual I just can't ever shake off...
I can only imagine a random traveler on the ground, minding their own business underway to the market. And suddenly.... SPLAT

In entirely different news... I have an idea for a secondary character XD Can we do doubles?

The puke and the secondary character aren't related, right? XD

What book are you reading? I think the only good airship books I've read were the kids' series Airborn by Kenneth Oppel and Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld P:

No, the puke and the secondary character are completely unrelated. Don't worry there, lol

I'm not reading. I'm writing :D
My first book released in August this year. I apparently had a deadline for a draft for book 2 this month. But I just very honestly told my publisher I thought the deadline was in March. So now they're givng my until April. Which is awesome, since I do have a draft, but I need to finetune it, send it through the beta readers, and then edit based on their feedback <3
It's a (Dutch) Steampunk Fantasy series. 4 books :D (And a prequel. And possibly a spin off)

Thank you! Really proud of it (obviously). It was literally a childhood dream coming true. And now I have people actually waiting for the second book to release (scheduled for November 2022)

my gosh that's amazing! Congratulas on the books!

I seen this tiktok once about how jumbo planes dump out their toilets and it drops from the plane like an icy mess. Dunno if it's true buuuuuut ugh still nasty thoughts.

And yeah thinking Imma do up 2 charries too and decide btwn the 2 if no doubling. I wanna have a robo mama and a robo pilot sooooo bad lol

Hey everybody this is your favorite GM. So before we begin I wanted to get an idea of where you guys wanted to start. Whether we begin on the ship or sharing a drink before joining in the new crew for their first/next adventure. I know at least one person didn't want to start on the crew but kind of end up there, so I feel the later would fit best. I have the start post for either saved on a google doc so once I have an idea of what people want I can get the post up.

Apologies I had wanted to post this earlier, but due to a huge wind storm where I live I have been either down with allergies due to the dust and stuff or trying to clean up my house. Such is life.

I'd say go with the second one so everyone can get involved as soon as they can!

I'm the one who doesn't want to start on the ship right away. Neari is minding her business on Ranram until the ship comes by and she finally finds her escape.

I still have a question open about doubling :) Since I have a second character in mind who would be on board from the beginning on.

So apologies, work has been a bit wacky because of Christmas but I've finally managed to get back...despite not having gotten any notifications about the page updating.

K finishing up my charries but question then: how long have our charries served aboard the Valley Hall?

It will depend on the character, if you want to have them as a long time member of the ship you can, but if you want to be a recent joiner to the ship that would be fine as well. All depending on the character and the story you want them to have.
I'm the one who doesn't want to start on the ship right away. Neari is minding her business on Ranram until the ship comes by and she finally finds her escape.

I still have a question open about doubling :) Since I have a second character in mind who would be on board from the beginning on.
Hm, I don't have an issue with it if you feel you can keep up with two characters. However I think I'll cap it at two characters to avoid getting overfilled.

Taiga would be on the ship, but it would be a rather recent development in he span of things.

It will depend on the character, if you want to have them as a long time member of the ship you can, but if you want to be a recent joiner to the ship that would be fine as well. All depending on the character and the story you want them to have.

Hm, I don't have an issue with it if you feel you can keep up with two characters. However I think I'll cap it at two characters to avoid getting overfilled.

K so I have doubled up too and both girlies have served for a year on the Valley.

Marquee is a Ship-Killer Frame pilot and Dizzy is a Pilot Systems drone pilot. But like her drones are more focussed on ship defense more so than Taiga's offensive drones. Little ones protect inside the ship, medium ones protect immediate airspace around the ship and the big, big boys are like crawling cannons on the deck/hull that can help with anti-Frame/Ship-2-ship combat. They different enough I hope.

Also I just added in their "Tactical Roles" just so that they aren't completely useless if brought into the field. Dizzy is a wheel-woman and Marquee is a hacker. Can be omitted if need be.

I'll get to finishing up my second character sheet then. Someone who's been on the ship for a while too. And a much needed non-combat role. Someone has to feed you all 😁

Me: notices one thing missing in the CS.
Wants to add it...
CS explodes and everything is in the wrong place XD

Oop oh no! Haha let me know if I can help, Keith seems great

I wanted to add just a few extra lines in the Pilot Systems...
But then it randomly duplicates half the "basic" and most of the "pilot system" XD

EDIT: I figured out how to look at it nvm give me a sec and I'll see if I can figure it out

Huh that's whack
If you dm me your code I can take a look, just put it inside a
{code} your stuff here {/code}
but with the square brackets rather than curlies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back