• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Skypirates: A New World interest check

Zelmalic

Hundreds of years ago the world was engulfed in the war to end all wars, as supplies started to dwindle and overpopulation crushed the ability for the world to support itself people went mad and fought to protect what little they had. However a sliver of hope was produced by a group of scientists, toiling in secret to unlock the secrets behind finding a power source that would never run out. Eventually their work bore fruit in the shape of Infernium, a crystal that when broken down in the correct way would create a reaction that would produce a never ending supply of energy. The scientists distributed their findings far and large to all the people of the world.

And yet the war did not stop, but instead grew now more desperate. Land was still needed, and without the worries of limited energy the human race fought like never before. The scientists saw their dreams had been crushed and knew that it was only a small matter of time before the arrogance of the human race destroyed the very ground they stood on. So the scientists undertook a second great labor, humanities final escape. They created massive Infernium generators that would lift the new home far into the sky. And then they only needed to wait.

Within a short span of years of the plans completion a weapon was used that clouded the skies and poisoned the land, known as the Dawnstar, all but for the land the scientists had already prepared. Humanity made its exodus to this place, and watched as it lifted into the air and away from the poisoned place they had once called their home. Once they were safe the scientists quickly worked to quell the chaos by creating a New World Government that would seek to protect the people and guide them to their new lives. In order to lock away the evils of the old world the scientists had constructed a massive battleship they dubbed Underworld, and tasked a group of warriors known as Specters to watch over the weapons and criminals of the old world.

Time passed and the Founders realized that the people grew restless. The world to them was one land, and they felt trapped. So the Founders broke large pieces of land from the continent and dubbed them new, and released their designs for airships to the people. In order to repair these massive ships the Founders also created the Flight Frames, flying humanoid machines piloted by the best and brightest that could be found to preform repairs on ships even mid-flight.

And for a time all was well. But time passes and one generation took over the next, and again, and again, and again. The New World Government grew corrupt in its power, taking charge of wealth and food and how each would be regulated. The lions share was theirs, and they armed themselves by turning the Founder's tools for peace into weapons of war. And so they rule with their iron fists and their cruel intents.

From the disfranchised masses rose the Pirate Confederation, a group that sought freedom from the rule of the World Government. Mostly formed of free thinkers who want to live free of the crushing weight of the government and their soldiers. To this end they raid supply ships and the like that fly the World Government colors, using scraped together Flight Frames and Airships to fight a much more powerful foe. They are not truly a united group, but more of a collection of people who wish to be free. Some are criminals, others are heroes, but in the end they are all the same in one way. They are all Skypirates.

World Info: The Four Great Capitals

Valan Ra: Home of the World Government Elite

This massive continent is home only to those with power and influence other the lands and their servants and warriors. Not much trade happens here as this sky city doesn't actually produce much, despite the abundance of land which food could grow. It contains a bounty of old world technology that the elite use to amuse themselves.

Norhime: The City of Trade

The great hub city where most trade happens, and the secret base of the Skypirates guild. Its also the center of the massive railways that run between the different production cities and harvesting cities. It also contains a few Infernium labs that produce new weapons and other fine things.

Liyum: The Working Mans Home

A place for all of those who work on farms and mines. Due to the special energy produced by Infernium resources that were once limited such as iron grow much like plants. People are divided over who support the World Government and those who don't, through those who don't tend not to be vocal about it. An excellent place for picking up bounties, as even the World Government will subcontract Sky Pirates to take care of more dangerous threats.

Ranram: The Forgotten Realm

Also known as the trash continent, a floating city fed scraps to keep it alive while the workers do the worst jobs imaginable for barely livable wages. This place contains the wreckage of both old world and current day technology, and those who live here scrounge what little they can to survive. Due to the metal and chemical leakage very little can be actually produced. Some of the people living here are criminals, some of them are simply people who spoke out against the World Government. Skypirates can normally find great deals on hidden gems by asking around and giving some food to the right people.

Ships of Note

Excalibur- The spearhead of the New World Governments forces, a massive airship with the power to strike down an entire floating island by itself, containing within it at all times at least four of the twelve highest knights of the New World Governments order. Its power is only rivaled by Underworld, but it is more often then not left in a guard position near Valan Ra.

Underworld- A massive prison ship armed with weapons used during the Final War. It holds the most dangerous people in the world and is manned by a crew of people known as Specters, who wrap themselves entirely in black armor and are said to have the power of an entire crew. The Specters are considered the guards of the most dangerous Old World Tech, but are willing to trade some less dangerous weapons and technology for the capture of prisoners or the return of more dangerous tech.

Jolly Roger- The 'flagship' of the Skypirates, lead by the founder of the organization and his trusted crew. The ship does not have the size or firepower of the Excalibur or Underworld, but its speed is unrivaled, and the crew inside are known to even be a match for the twelve highest knights themselves.

Terms

Flight Frame- Term used for the humanoid flying robots piloted by others. Envokers are normally the best candidates as they can resonate more with their machines, through normal humans can be quite good as well.

Airship- Giant floating ships powered by Infernium engines, holding room for the crew and having hangers for Flight Frames. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes.

Envoker- People whose genetic makeup has been changed and shifted by either proximity to large Infernium reactors while as a young child or while being in the womb. They are known to have greater reflexes and make amazing Flight Frame pilots, but often suffer from weaker bodies due to it.

Old World Tech- Term used for anything that was created before the land was lifted up and the Dawnstar weapon was activated. Usually very unstable and dangerous unless properly restored.

New World Government- Main ruling body of the world.

Round Table- Military branch of the World Government lead by the twelve greatest warriors of the New World Government

Pirate Federation- Loosely connected Skypirates that aid each other and offer jobs while finding ways to bother the World Government.

Skypirate- Any person that flies on an airship and opposes the World Government. The difference between a Skypirate endorsed by the Federation and one that isn't can be seen in the lack of support from other Skypirates. Most will start with the Federation, and either stay with them for protection or leave the main body but hold some ties to them. Unendorsed Skypirates that overstep themselves can often find themselves quickly destroyed.

Character Sheet

Name:

Occupation: ((Can have dual roles, but don't have them be ones that conflict with each other. Like Pilot/Soldier. Feel free to be a Chef Flight Frame Pilot, or a Engineer Pilot. There will only be one Captain, but feel free to apply for multiple roles with different character sheets.))

Weapon: (for soldiers only. Can include any kind of futuristic gun you would like within reason. And melee weapons for those who want a lightsaber.)

Flight Frame: (for Flight Frame pilots only. No Super Robot designs, keep strength within reason. You can use a Gundam as a base but that doesn't mean I will approve it if you make it overpowered.)

Appearance:

Backstory:

Roles: (Multiple roles are okay, a cook can still be a pilot but don't need to be. If you want to be pure RP there are noncombat roles available.)

Captain: Act as the leader for the crew and design battle plans, watch over purchases, and make sure to take care of each crew member. Money comes and goes from the Captain, meaning they are in control of any split of pay from battles. Whoever plays the Captain will occasionally interact with the GM and gain information that they can decide to share with the crew or not.

Engineers:
Maintenance and repair is the name of the game for these people. They can control small drones that can do minor in combat repair, but mostly they work on upgrades and help keep the ship running.

Pilots: These people keep the ship flying and handle the shields and weapons attached to the main airship.

Doctor: Takes care of the health of the crew using any means they can. Will often accompany Soldiers on ship raids to apply onsite medical treatment.

Chef: Makes food for the crew and works closely with the Doctor to make sure that everyone remains healthy. May seem like an unimportant job but without them crews will mostly be supping on rations.

Flight Frame pilots: These brave souls pilot Skypirate Flight Frames into combat to fight against enemy Flight Frames or enemy Airships.

Soldiers: The primary fighting force for any ship, meant to either protect your own ship or to raid an enemy ship once connected.

Story Hook

A Hidden Location on Ranram

They always met in the same place, a small underground room that was connected to three areas throughout Ranram, each would enter in secret and disappear into the tunnels to reach it. The room itself was rather small, with just enough space for a large round desk and three chairs, lit by a constantly glowing Infernium bulb.

The first door into the room opened and through it stepped a rather tall man with messy brown hair and a sleepy expression, in fact his entire apperance from his wrinkled clothing to his lazy stance seemed to give the impression that he had just woken up. This helped mask the actually identity of the man, who was known as Eddie 'Dreamer' Mollic the captain of the Albatross and third strongest captain of the Pirate Federation.

Only a few minutes later a second door opened into the room, heralding the arrival of a large man with dark skin and shaved head, dressed imaculantly in a designer suit that did little to hide the firmly built muscle that made up most of his body. His every step was made with authority and strength as if he owned the ground he set his feet upon. Valic 'Typhoon' Kablar the captain of the Oncoming Storm and second most powerful captain of the Pirate Federation. He gave a respectful nod to Eddie and took his seat.

The final man to enter into the room came in with a great smile on his face and a whistled tune on his lips, looking carefree as a man could possibly be. His dress was extravigant, with a flowing cape and white and gold design on his clothing, firey red hair standing out against tanned skin. Despite the easy going attitude and stance a certain power seemed to radiate off the man, commanding respect. Vincent 'Scarlet' Freemen, the founder of the Pirate Federation and captain of the Jolly Roger. "Well guys seems we have ourselves a little issue don't we?" he pulled a handheld 3d projection device from his pocket and tossed it to the center of the table, projecting a small scale image of an airship.

"Its always the last people you expect," Eddie stated in a rather droll tone, covering a yawn coming from his mouth. "To think that Danny boy would be part timing as a slaver, I always thought he was loyal to the ideals of the Pirate Federation, you know living free and all that."

Valic gave a nod to this, speaking in his booming voice. "An act such as this can't be allowed to rest, swift and firm action must be taken to show that such things are not allowed by our members, less the people lose faith in us."

The friendly smile slidded from Vincent's mouth as he snapped his fingers, bringing up a few news reports. "Normally I would agree, but our rouge captain covered himself by grabbing a few World Government hostages beforehand, if we try to attack him straightaway and it results in their deaths then it will go down badly in the public eye," his expression grew darker. "And beyond that, there is the second issue."

"The Spectre that he captured." Valic stated in a voice that was only a step away from a roar.

"One wrong move and we draw in Underworld, and that would be bad," Eddie gulped. "Very bad."

"Exactly, the World Government can't get close without risking the hostages, if Underworld mobilizes then that could start a number of issues all its own, and of course we can't forget about our former friend still having the encryption codes to our signals that would make all of our current ships detectable to him," Vincent sighed and rested back into his chair, snapping his fingers three times and bringing up the image of a rather ruined looking airship.

Ship Image

"You are considering activating a new ship?" Valic asked, looking over the image. "It would have new encryption codes that we wouldn't have on the old transcriber, but we don't have a crew to pilot it."

Eddie chuckled a bit. "I am guessing thats why we are here right, to look over the candidates we have been gathering to decide on the crew?"

Vincent nodded." Correct, we can give out the call and offer the ship on completion of the mission, but first," he snapped his fingers and brought of the dossiers of the various applicants to the Pirate Federation. "Lets make our choices."

Words from the GM

This RP is one I have wanted to do since I came up with the idea and has followed me onto each RP site I join, always ending due to forces outside of my control. Hopefully here it might be different.

Count me in, I want to,make a Soldier. Instead of the rebels and normal people this draws in I want to try my hand at a psychopath character (as in he is not 100% there at any one time)

I'm interested; this seems to be a well thought out and planned rp! If you are in need for a doctor or a cook I can fill that as well as other roles!

Still places open. But man we could really use a Captain character. Worse comes to worse I can put something together and join in the fun but I usually like staying a pure GM.

Still places open. But man we could really use a Captain character. Worse comes to worse I can put something together and join in the fun but I usually like staying a pure GM.
Since VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow seems to really want the doctor role (the calling was thrown off by edits), I can play Captain. Are there any specifics to be fulfilled in the Captain's role other than the general description?

Not really. You can of course dual class as Captain since you don't really fly the ship, its more of a leadership role. Mostly what you do is make big overarching decisions. Like do you save to buy a new ship or do you upgrade a Flight Frame. What jobs are taken go through you and of course the crew has a say, but you are the one chosen to be leader over your group of pirates.

Cychotic Cychotic

Not really. You can of course dual class as Captain since you don't really fly the ship, its more of a leadership role. Mostly what you do is make big overarching decisions. Like do you save to buy a new ship or do you upgrade a Flight Frame. What jobs are taken go through you and of course the crew has a say, but you are the one chosen to be leader over your group of pirates.
Ah, I see. I'll gladly take the role then. I most likely will complete my CS tomorrow since its rather late here. I guess that only leaves a couple roles to be filled?

Ah, I see. I'll gladly take the role then. I most likely will complete my CS tomorrow since its rather late here. I guess that only leaves a couple roles to be filled?

Yep, there are no Flight Frame based characters, and there is still the matter of the Chef. Otherwise a character per role normally gives more then enough room for people to play.

Yep, there are no Flight Frame based characters, and there is still the matter of the Chef. Otherwise a character per role normally gives more then enough room for people to play.
I have a funny image of the Captain joining in meal time by helping with the food; maybe even being the Chef as well. (Might put into play if the role isn't subbed in for ha)

Hmmm. I'm thinking of being the Flight Frame character. That cool with you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back