• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Sixteen Tons - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Omg yeah! I am a p3 (and especially P3P) apologist all day lmao. I’m soooo excited for Reload to come out.
Do you have a fav persona game??
yessss i am hyped also!! i'll forever be a P4 fan personally (tho i have a soft spot for the dancing games of all things lol)

yessss i am hyped also!! i'll forever be a P4 fan personally (tho i have a soft spot for the dancing games of all things lol)
I love p4! I've played it the least of the modern three, but I really really love it. I'm a slut for murder mysteries lol

And literally same for the dancing games ahaha. I have p3 and p5's dancing games platinumed lol

Nomai Nomai

Hey, your CS looks good, but what's this "militia raid" in the bio? What militia and who are they raiding? The only inhabitants of the planet this particular unit operates on are DRG employees and aliens.

Also, is it saying she worked on Earth for DRG or was the biohazard cleanup thing previous employment? Because DRG is only extraterrestrial, the point is to bring back alien minerals and resources for the company to use.

Otherwise, it all looks fine. We love to see Tess representation

jarjingbing jarjingbing

I really like that there's someone who's inherited debt and therefore is at the lowest rung on the ladder as a compulsory-volunteer test subject. Good stuff.

Nomai Nomai

Hey, your CS looks good, but what's this "militia raid" in the bio? What militia and who are they raiding? The only inhabitants of the planet this particular unit operates on are DRG employees and aliens.

Also, is it saying she worked on Earth for DRG or was the biohazard cleanup thing previous employment? Because DRG is only extraterrestrial, the point is to bring back alien minerals and resources for the company to use.

Otherwise, it all looks fine. We love to see Tess representation
Ah, both of those events occurred on Earth, and the biohazard cleanup was past employment, but I can edit my CS to make that more clear! As for the militia, I was imagining it to be a group on Earth vying for territory/resource control. I don’t believe there was much about Earth in the lore section, but if that doesn’t jive with what you had in mind I can change it!

And yes, we love Tess!

Ah, both of those events occurred on Earth, and the biohazard cleanup was past employment, but I can edit my CS to make that more clear! As for the militia, I was imagining it to be a group on Earth vying for territory/resource control. I don’t believe there was much about Earth in the lore section, but if that doesn’t jive with what you had in mind I can change it!

And yes, we love Tess!
Yeah, I mean, it was a bit intentional leaving Earth out of the discussion to show just how irrelevant the homeworld is to this corporation that spans the entire galaxy.

The gist of it is: Global warming catastrophe. Water wars, gasoline shortages, mass human foot migrations, tentative resurgence of control over Earth with new space technology. Generally speaking, humanity has moved upwards. I think it's safe to assume the majority of humanity lives off-planet by now, both because space exploration has proved so fruitful and because Earth is generally inhospitable (There may not be fresh water in rivers any more, but there is in the Europa ice fields near Jupiter!). Only extreme survivalists and the destitute remain on Earth, a great incentive to work for HarpsiCorp.

So, that is to say: sure, have your militia skirmishes. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something pulled out of thin air. Rin looks good!

For science. You monster.
I did something hilarious also. Ruben has the least amount of debt currently among the cast.

But because he has space-TB, he only has a year left of life. So each year he dies and Harpsicorp simply clones him a spare, at a cost of course. So seeing as he will die without the Everwork technology, he can never leave even if he clears his debt.

Unless he can somehow accrue $75b, that is.
Know that every moment you don't see her the likelihood of a workplace 'accident' increases
(no, no one will be hurt.. maybe)
If you scrape your knee, I will totally put a plaster on it for you dw.

I did something hilarious also. Ruben has the least amount of debt currently among the cast.

But because he has space-TB, he only has a year left of life. So each year he dies and Harpsicorp simply clones him a spare, at a cost of course. So seeing as he will die without the Everwork technology, he can never leave even if he clears his debt.

Unless he can somehow accrue $75b, that is.

If you scrape your knee, I will totally put a plaster on it for you dw.
That's really good, given lore I was going to provide about Everwork. I guess I can do it now.

Because spares are based off of constantly updated genetic information, if you, say, get a disease or something of the sort, that will then be perpetually built into your spares until cured. So it's not like if someone gets TB or cancer or something they can just make a new spare and be right as rain. They'd spawn with the same cancer. Which works for your character idea, I guess.

Plus, he is working on Everwork making the big bucks, and he hasn't been working there long enough to rack up relatively massive debt (ironically), so that works fine for me that he has the least debt.

How do spares work with aging and has there been an increase in life expectancy in the future?

How do spares work with aging and has there been an increase in life expectancy in the future?
Yes, life expectancy has been increased significantly. The wealthy are frequently living to their 110s with modern medicine.

Again, because spares are constantly being updated with new information, they cannot reverse aging - at least not without it effectively being a new person. Sure, they can create a baby spare of someone, but then it's just a totally new person who looks like the template DNA. Aperture hasn't solved that one yet. As of now, Spares always move forward in time same as everyone else.

oh boy a scientist who works with Everwork? i expect he'll be seeing a lot of my frequent-spare-user as well lol

oh boy a scientist who works with Everwork? i expect he'll be seeing a lot of my frequent-spare-user as well lol
The more you die, the more biometric data I can collect. So actually, you're very good for my pay check. 👍

Posted my WIP CS, don't want to lose it because of RPN wonkiness. I will finish it in a couple of hours

Posted my WIP CS, don't want to lose it because of RPN wonkiness. I will finish it in a couple of hours
Hey, so, while I really like that you're running with the DRG thing, I'm gonna have to be bad-cop for a second.

Your guy can't be an alcoholic for two reasons:
1, If he was, he would be fired immediately. He wouldn't even be hired. DRG have a little more freedom than the other subdivisions, but not that much. After all, these aren't Dwarves.
2, There is no consumable alcohol aboard any HarpsiCorp vessel, nor are there cigarettes or anything that could distract or otherwise impair an employee. They do, however, sell an implant that sends a nicotine-like sensation to the brain without the side-effects.

Also, I want to make sure you understand the nature of this RP. While, yes, DRG is a subdivision, this RP is not going to be like writing DRG gameplay. You're not going to be shooting much of anything for the most part, this is not an action-packed setting. The majority of this RP will take place in space. Every so often, sure, you'll have an encounter, but again, that's not the point. It's less about killing the bugs than it is about the hazard of being put in front of the bugs for such little pay. Does that make sense?

If we're clear on those two things and you edit out the alcoholism, we can welcome Mr. Nukehammer (I'm assuming that's a nickname) onto the team. Rock and stone.

Thanks for the clearing things up, makes sense that we focus more on the "Evil mega corporation" side of things.

Changed the alcoholism for being addicted to nicotine and added a bit more to the CS, it's pretty much finished aside from the PFP. That I'll add tomorrow

Alright everyone, a new lore drop on the space rig just went out. Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I think I'm going to close out CSes now, not including one spot that is still reserved for a friend, and we'll get started soon! Glad to have you all aboard.

Happy trails!

Alright everyone, a new lore drop on the space rig just went out. Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I think I'm going to close out CSes now, not including one spot that is still reserved for a friend, and we'll get started soon! Glad to have you all aboard.

Happy trails!
Any news on that discord server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back