• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern single dad x hairdresser [mxm] fluffy nonsense

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
searching for

It was a Sunday night, just half an hour before closing time. The sun coloring the sky with hues of dusk, as the clouds were stained pink from the dying sun. The street, with it’s worn road and patchy concrete, sat patiently as the occasional car would run by, or a breeze would allow a lead to dance along the stone. Occasionally, there was a faint jingle, as the doors to the hair salon was pushed open, the little bells above the threshold singing daintily, a thin sound that rang through the air.

Y/c smiled as the man walked inside. You’d think the guy would likely go to a barbershop, but y/c was certainly not here to judge. Besides, it was nearly closing time, and shorter hair was always easier to trim.

“What can I do for you?”

Y/c hummed as he stood up from the cushioned seat by the corner, hands clasping together as he headed towards the man, the big windows behind him causing light to shine around the man’s form. Far more moments passed than socially acceptable for the man to answer his question, but he didn’t mind much. Well, he did, but the answer that came eventually made his heart swell in a way that made him forget such things.

“Can you teach me how to braid hair?”

basically

single dad x hairdresser!
i thought it could be really cute if a single dad, who lost his wife recently (maybe she passed, left, we’ll figure it out later), struggles to raise his daughter. probably feels very inadequate and like he isn’t doing enough in the process. so in hopes to be better he goes to the hairdresser to learn how to do his daughter’s hair. because he can’t do very many things, but he can learn.

and maybe he comes by every other day and y/c teaches him all these lovely hairstyles, and they chat while they do. they talk about things. things like how m/c’s daughter drew this drawing at school and it was absolutely stunning and how he was so proud of her but he doesn’t know how to say it. or how he wants to take his daughter to ballet classes because apparently all the other girls in her class take ballet, but he just can’t afford it and he feels like he’s not doing as much for his daughter as he should. (bonus points: “I just feel like I should be doing more.. ,” “You’re doing more than enough.”)

anyway very slowburn. bonus points if they sometimes spend weekends together, like all three of them including the daughter, and watch baseball or something. and the daughter likes y/c a lot because he’s fun and nice and he tells her that her hair is pretty.

that’s basically it. it was a random idea i had randomly and very suddenly, so apologies if it’s a little messy.

looking for
someone to play the hairdresser, who;
- Writes semi-lit to novella. I write 3 paragraphs as a minimum, usually 3-6 depending on the scene and flow of things. I expect the same from my partner!
- Uses proper grammar! Not looking for grammarly, but I’d like to understand what you’re trying to say. Early morning brain fog and typos are fine :)
- Doesn’t force a romance. I’m more than happy to write this pairing as a completely platonic thing (maybe with side characters becoming love interests instead), or for the two to form a romantic relationship. Romance however must not be forced! If they don’t have chemistry in that sense, they don’t. We can always introduce side characters if we want romance.
- Speaking of which, people open to side characters! You don’t have to play them, but I enjoy writing side characters as they add a lot to the story!
- Are friendly OOC. Understand that IC and OOC are completely different things. + I like to chit chat OOC with partners. If you’re not comfortable with that let me know beforehand!

otherwise
send me a message if interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back