• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shura Academy: How Strong is Your Punch!? (Martial Arts/Super Power/ School RP)

Kloudy Kloudy

~Ken and William begin fighting over who has the better GPA~

Random Bystander 1: Don't they realize they're in different courses

Random Bystander 2: I don't think that matters to them. We should probably move before we get thrown in the crosfi-

~ A tornado and the chains collide, causing massive damage to the surrounding areas ~

~Ken and William face each other, glaring ~

Ken: Same time next week? I have another test which will raise my grade even higher.

William: I'll be here, but you'll never get higher grades than me.

This is how I feel everything will play out. XD

So hum... a few questions...

1. Sorry if I missed them, but what are the post requirements here?

2. How is there a modern society when there are such large changes involved at such an early point in time?

3. How exactly does the contracting work? Are the myths fused into you? Do you just manifest powers? Gain a companion or weapon?

4.Are myths like the stories or particular elements of the stories?

5. What is the threshold for power in this roleplay, what sort of criteria are used?

6.How is the school organized? Will there actually be proper classes?

7.Are there any major character restrictions I should know about?

Edit: 8. And one last question, can we make our own fictional myths to contract to?

Idea Idea Woah, a lot of questions there. If you look back at most of the posts i've put (usually have August tagged since he's sir-ask-alot) i've answered most of those.

1. For posting requirements, i'm not too picky, something around a paragraph is good and at least one post every other day.

2. There is a modern society because human innovation is still surging forward along with the help of certain Myths who have to do with creation/building/industry and etc. That's why there are cars, phones, and what not today.

3. I answered that one a few posts back.

4.Myths are the stories and particular elements of the stories. The smallest of details can influence your powers and abilities as a contractor, simply look into your myth as a whole.

5. A powerful contractor and martial artist fighting can decimate an entire city and part of a country with their strength. Not quite at DBZ levels of power, but you can definitely take out entire landscapes and cities if strong enough.

6. It's separated into two factions: Contractor and Martial Artist, with a StuCo in charge of each and the Grand Council in charge of the entire school. There will be proper classes, but they will be missions/plot lines that have you fighting evil myths/contractors/martial artists, since this is a school for people to join Shura, the organization that handles those things.

7. The only restriction so far is that you can't be both Contractor and Martial Artist.

8. I'd rather you stick to an already existing myth.

With that out of the way, i'm going to be posting the IC and OOC later today, be prepared!

Kloudy Kloudy

~Ken and William begin fighting over who has the better GPA~

Random Bystander 1: Don't they realize they're in different courses

Random Bystander 2: I don't think that matters to them. We should probably move before we get thrown in the crosfi-

~ A tornado and the chains collide, causing massive damage to the surrounding areas ~

~Ken and William face each other, glaring ~

Ken: Same time next week? I have another test which will raise my grade even higher.

William: I'll be here, but you'll never get higher grades than me.

This is how I feel everything will play out. XD

Lmao hell yeah man xD

I actually cant wait for the duels that'll happen though. The StuCo Presidents are insane. William might be able to somewhat fend off the Ice Queen, but that Pervy President would be a real challenge for him.

Lmao hell yeah man xD

I actually cant wait for the duels that'll happen though. The StuCo Presidents are insane. William might be able to somewhat fend off the Ice Queen, but that Pervy President would be a real challenge for him.

Ken would love a chance to challenge the Ice Queen, especially since their both swordmasters.

Ken would love a chance to challenge the Ice Queen, especially since their both swordmasters.

Mate, she can slice you up at a subatomic level. You won't have any swords left after she's done. xD

Mate, she can slice you up at a subatomic level. You won't have any swords left after she's done. xD
Yeah, that's why. I feel like my character would be able to mostly evade the Pervy President, but the Ice Queen would just wave off his tornadoes and everything.

Yeah, that's why. I feel like my character would be able to mostly evade the Pervy President, but the Ice Queen would just wave off his tornadoes and everything.

You do realise Pervy Pres can allegedly move at the speed of light, right?

( YungJazz YungJazz speaking of which, I think that is a little bit ridiculous. Nerf pls, no speed time travel for Pervy Pres pls)

Kloudy Kloudy

Oh yeah! Just so you know, I'm making a childhood friend for both of our characters. "His" gender will be for the most part unknowable.

Hey guys, for various reasons on my end I'm not going to be able to continue with this rp. Best of luck with it!
Aww ... Well, I see you in the other RP! ^.^

Hey guys, for various reasons on my end I'm not going to be able to continue with this rp. Best of luck with it!

Rip man, cya in another rp perhaps. :3

Kloudy Kloudy

Oh yeah! Just so you know, I'm making a childhood friend for both of our characters. "His" gender will be for the most part unknowable.

Aww ... Well, I see you in the other RP! ^.^

Oh? I am intrigued. Will this new friend be the bridge between our two rivals, forcing us into a friendship of sorts? ;3

( YungJazz YungJazz speaking of which, I think that is a little bit ridiculous. Nerf pls, no speed time travel for Pervy Pres pls)

My character was made for that though. He specializes in doing whatever is needed to survive. I never said Ken would win against him, but he'd definitely be able to fend for a while.

Rip man, cya in another rp perhaps. :3

Oh? I am intrigued. Will this new friend be the bridge between our two rivals, forcing us into a friendship of sorts? ;3

For the most part. He'll be the contractor friend that was happy for Ken coming back. I could probably see him trying to get them to make up though. Probably to no avail, unless he unleashes his undead army.

Woah, a lot of questions there. If you look back at most of the posts i've put (usually have August tagged since he's sir-ask-alot) i've answered most of those.
I did, I didn't see the answers for almost any of them though

3. I answered that one a few posts back.
Given I went back and didn't see anything like a proper answer to this I would protest, but since another member gave me their thoughts already I guess I'll swallow it.

4.Myths are the stories and particular elements of the stories. The smallest of details can influence your powers and abilities as a contractor, simply look into your myth as a whole.
I understand that, my question is what are you contracting with, exactly. It kinda goes without saying that for there to be anything called a contract the two parties have to be sentient. Unless the meaning of contract is completely warped here in which case I would like to know what it is, but assuming it's not, my question is exactly who or what we are contracting. Some representation of the story? A representative? Some being within it?

Kloudy Kloudy About as ridiculous as a guy who can open portals the the moon!...which is awesome and I wish I had thought of that. But I forgot to put down that Shen can't continuously move at the speed...he'd die a horribly painful death if he did that. Small, short bursts of that speed is what he uses when fighting someone he has 'claimed'.

For other fights, he's still ridiculously fast and dangerous with his style, but he stays below certain speeds since it's hard to change directions when you get to a certain level.

Kloudy Kloudy About as ridiculous as a guy who can open portals the the moon!...which is awesome and I wish I had thought of that. But I forgot to put down that Shen can't continuously move at the speed...he'd die a horribly painful death if he did that. Small, short bursts of that speed is what he uses when fighting someone he has 'claimed'.

For other fights, he's still ridiculously fast and dangerous with his style, but he stays below certain speeds since it's hard to change directions when you get to a certain level.
I don't know whether Ken would be terrified or proud if Shen was to ever use that speed on him.

I did, I didn't see the answers for almost any of them though

Given I went back and didn't see anything like a proper answer to this I would protest, but since another member gave me their thoughts already I guess I'll swallow it.

I understand that, my question is what are you contracting with, exactly. It kinda goes without saying that for there to be anything called a contract the two parties have to be sentient. Unless the meaning of contract is completely warped here in which case I would like to know what it is, but assuming it's not, my question is exactly who or what we are contracting. Some representation of the story? A representative? Some being within it?

Idea Idea

You're Contracting with the actual being/person/hero from the Myth itself. If you make a contract with Hercules, you're contracting with the actual Hercules. When you Contract, it's a pact between you and the Myth. If the Myth relates to you or thinks you share similar qualities, it will provide you with more powers and abilities. You may even have to pass a test or trial to gain more of that Myths powers.

When you form a Contract, depending on your faith/belief in this Myth, you may get all of its powers right off the bat, plus maybe one of its Myth's weapons. On the other hand, the Myth may not like you and may only give you a small set of powers and nothing more, then you have to pass trials/test from your myth to acquire more abilities along the way.

Hopefully that answers some questions Idea.

Touché.

Well I'm more comforted knowing that about his speed at least. ^u^
But still, Jesus Shen is scary powerful still. xD

Idea Idea

You're Contracting with the actual being/person/hero from the Myth itself. If you make a contract with Hercules, you're contracting with the actual Hercules. When you Contract, it's a pact between you and the Myth. If the Myth relates to you or thinks you share similar qualities, it will provide you with more powers and abilities. You may even have to pass a test or trial to gain more of that Myths powers.

When you form a Contract, depending on your faith/belief in this Myth, you may get all of its powers right off the bat, plus maybe one of its Myth's weapons. On the other hand, the Myth may not like you and may only give you a small set of powers and nothing more, then you have to pass trials/test from your myth to acquire more abilities along the way.

Hopefully that answers some questions Idea.
I see, I think I get it now. So myth is referring to a particular being in mythology, not to the myths themselves. Understood.

I will be joining your RP then, if you don't mind me.

In retrospect, I realize how stupidly weak Eric is compared to, say, Kloudy Kloudy 's bullshit xD Oh well, that's fine, we can't all be winners as they say
To be fair, there is a massive power disparity in this RP. The more freedoom there is, the more player who can hold back their power levels distinguish themselves form those that don't.

In retrospect, I realize how stupidly weak Eric is compared to, say, Kloudy Kloudy 's bullshit xD Oh well, that's fine, we can't all be winners as they say

To be honest, William could defeat Eric by just using his portals and nothing else. Your resistance won't stop being divided in half by a portal. Your strength won't matter because you won't be fast enough to catch me teleporting via portals. Your hot/cold thingy doesn't affect me either.

If you're really skilled with that pistol, then I may have to use my time perception ability. Probably not the time stop part tho.

But this is to be expected, William is the StuCo Contractor Vice-President for a reason. He wouldn't be there if just anyone could challenge and beat him.

He does have weaknesses though. He has next to no physical strengths other than what his powers grant him. He'd likely be completely defeated after getting hit by anything. Not to mention his powers can sometimes be quite draining, so if you can survive his attacks and outlast him then you'd probably win that way. Or hey, perhaps you can surprise him and catch him off guard with a surprise attack?

Somehow I've came up with a body horror character when I tried not to.

Wonderful. My GermanTrap Horror shall be posted soon!

And by soon I mean in maybe 8 hours or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back