• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shura Academy: How Strong is Your Punch!? (Martial Arts/Super Power/ School RP)

YungJazz

Strongest in the West

The Age of Myths..Never Ended
And so the world continued to turn as legendary beings of various pantheons, legends, and myths continued to flourish and grow, becoming paramount to our modern world. The faith of humans towards these creatures, deities, and heroes never wavered, only prospered as ages passed. Seeing legendary creatures like dragons, pledging allegiance to certain gods, and wielding arcane weapons is common place in today's era.

As the Age of Myths never ended, the abilities given to humans from these beings never disappeared.

Contractors: Humans that pledge loyalty and faith to certain pantheons, creatures, or myths, gain the powers and abilities of said beings. It's not strange to see specific clans/families be loyal to a singular god or beast, or even pledge faith to a pantheon, in return: members of the clan/families receive powers, abilities, and legendary weapons from their allegiance, showing to which Myth they pledge to. Of course, there are also those who do not belong to a clan/family and simply discover/pledge to a Myth simply by themselves, becoming an Independent Contractor, which is not frowned upon, only seen as another privilege from the Myths. Contractors born into a clan/family with an already established contract are born with a contract, the pledged Myths selecting the specific creature/deity/hero that will contract with the newborn human. Contractors are powerful, gaining all the powers of their contracted Myth, though it takes a human's own talent to unlock said powers.

Contractors hold a pivotal part in today's society. From forming the pact between human and Myth, Contractors have severed the line of humanity and reached into the realm of the divine. It was commonplace for Contractors to look down upon those who were regular Humans. Their pacts with Myths made them perceive themselves as higher then others, it didn't help that certain Myths told them they were.

But of course, if the world needed Contractors, there must have been a reason. For if there were Myths who loved and contracted with humans, there were those who didn't. And since these evil Myths wreaked havoc on the world, Contractors were sent out to stop them, succeeding and providing more fame for their family, clan, and themselves. Truly Contractors were the ultimate form of defense against evil myths, much to their own arrogance.

Until one day, that all changed with a single Human defeating a Myth, with nothing but their fists. The world was flipped upside down as more Human's began fighting without the help of Contracts, to the shock and awe of other Humans and even Contractors. It came to a point that several famous Contractors decided to confront the Human that had defeated the Myth to see what all the hype was.

The Contractors were completely defeated by the person. When asked how he did it, his simple reply was:

"You idiot's forget, for all the power those Myths had, in all they're stories, they were beaten by a couple Humans with technique and skill. Why should today be any different? If a man hardens himself and trains his own strength, even gods can be beaten with Martial Arts!"

And that day, another faction was born. A faction that didn't need pacts with Myths to gain strength. Only their own fists, skill, and will to battle against evil Myths and infamous Contractors.

Martial Artists: Humans that have overcome the limitations of their own body and ascended to a plan of supernatural strength, all by their own techniques, power, and will. Martial Artists are different from Contractors in the simple fact that they rely on their own strength. Techniques and skills passed down from the ages from Master to Student, Independent arts learned from the struggle of surviving, or even techniques learned from observing the world and its mysteries, all this provided Martial Artists with the strength to rival Contractors. A Martial Artist unlocks the very power of their own soul, often labeled as Ki/Chi, Chakra, with many other terms used to empower their own body and bolster their techniques. A Martial Artist could just as easily destroy a mountain with their fists similar to how a Contractor could do the same with a lightning bolt from their establish contract. It's all up to the Martial Artist to what Art they will learn, what Technique to use, and their own will to determine how far they will go.

And so, the world was introduced to a new way of life. A Martial Artist didn't need a contract to take down a rampaging behemoth, they could take it down with their own blades and fists. The Martial Artist faction was merged into the world, working with and opposing the Contractors at the same time. The Contractors viewed the Martial Artists as filthy, undeserving, and wretched existences, while the Martial Artists viewed Contractors as whiny, spoiled rotten, stick up their arses, dickheads. And while they publicly opposed one another, they still managed to work together to protect this world.

Eventually, what started as bitter hatred, calmed down into general dislike. A system was established to make fighting evil myths and contractors easier. Now the organization: Shura, keeps guard of the world, utilizing Contractors and Martial Artist together to protect our world.

This is where our story starts, in the current era, technology thrives, skyscrapers loom, vehicles drive all across the nations, and even today Myhs, Contractors, and Martial Artists are every day things.

Shura has created an academy that you are about to attend as a Contractor or Martial Artist. The students of both sides have a strong rivalry towards the other, since Shura Academy has split the school into three parts.

The Contractor course: Made for Contractors to become more in tune with their abilities and pacts. The teachers here are Contractors who have years of experience with their abilities. This side is watched over the Contractor Student Council, who maintain a certain order within their grounds and have been known to throw a fancy party or two.

The Martial Artist course: For Martial Artists to train their bodies to the utmost limit and master their arts. The teachers here are Martial Artists who have seen countless techniques and battles. This side is wathced over by the Martial Artist Student Council, who let their students roam free and discover their own sense of self, have been know to start random school battle royals.

And in the middle lies the Grand Council: The five students who are known as the strongest in the school, run by the school's strongest student. They're the ones who decide what missions for students are handed out, when tournaments are held, and mediate between the two other councils.

Shura Academy is where the youth of today gather, to test their strength and eventually join Shura. Young Contractors and Martial Artists alike hone their abilities through missions, tournaments, and events to one day join Shura.

But for now, these young minds....usually end up fighting each other, blow up parts of the school, and start parties/battle royals for the fun of it.

So be you Contractor or Martial Artist, come to Shura Academey to test your might. Prove your pantheon's pact reigns supreme, that your fists could challenge even the gods! Fight on young men and women! Show your might and bow to no one!

Welcome to Shura Academy!

Notes
Feel free to fire away with questions people!

Last edited:
You got my interest at
Humans that pledge loyalty and faith to certain pantheons, creatures, or myths, gain the powers and abilities of said beings.

Are you going to have a list of these things with the general idea of what kind of powers, or is this a pick a myth then associate an ability to it type of thin

YungJazz YungJazz

I'm also interested.

Few questions

Just for the lore's sake, Is it possible to be both a Contractor and a Martial Artist. For example, a Martial Artist that eventually contracts with a Myth.

Also, can our character be in the Grand Council or do you want everyone to choose one of the other two courses?

Similarly, will our characters be allowed to be in the corresponding Student Council of the courses?

Finally, but probably not my last question Are we allowed multiple characters

August August Webs Elk Webs Elk

You got my interest at

Are you going to have a list of these things with the general idea of what kind of powers, or is this a pick a myth then associate an ability to it type of thin

It's the second one. Pick a myth and choose your powers and abilities according to that myth, you just have to have the knowledge of that myths abilities.

YungJazz YungJazz

I'm also interested.

Few questions

Just for the lore's sake, Is it possible to be both a Contractor and a Martial Artist. For example, a Martial Artist that eventually contracts with a Myth.

Also, can our character be in the Grand Council or do you want everyone to choose one of the other two courses?

Similarly, will our characters be allowed to be in the corresponding Student Council of the courses?

Finally, but probably not my last question Are we allowed multiple characters

I expected this, but no, it's not possible to be both. You have to choose one.

I have already decided who is going to be in the Grand Council, since they're pivotal to the plot.

And your characters can be in the corresponding Student Councils, but the President seat is already fill for both of them, but Vice, Secretary, Treasurer, and Disciplinary are open for both.

And yes, you are allowed to have multiple characters.

It's the second one. Pick a myth and choose your powers and abilities according to that myth, you just have to have the knowledge of that myths abilities.

I have already decided who is going to be in the Grand Council, since they're pivotal to the plot.

And your characters can be in the corresponding Student Councils, but the President seat is already fill for both of them, but Vice, Secretary, Treasurer, and Disciplinary are open for both.

And yes, you are allowed to have multiple characters.

I call disciplinary leader

I'm sort of leaning towards Vice President myself.

I dibs specifically the Contractor Course Vice-President. : )

YungJazz YungJazz

For Martial Artists, can we create our own style or do you want it to be a real one? (I kind of have a guess to the answer but I want clarification just in case)

I might have just read it wrong since it was like 3 am at the times, but wasn't it mentioned that you could be born into a contract if you're in a clan or family with an existing one?
Are they unable to break out of it, and just have to live with it forever if they don't like it? Doesn't really sound like you're choosing if you end up in one because you're born into a clan . . .

I'm not actually considering this for an actual character, I am just curious now.

August August

I might have just read it wrong since it was like 3 am at the times, but wasn't it mentioned that you could be born into a contract if you're in a clan or family with an existing one?
Are they unable to break out of it, and just have to live with it forever if they don't like it? Doesn't really sound like you're choosing if you end up in one because you're born into a clan . . .

I'm not actually considering this for an actual character, I am just curious now.

Sweet, someone caught that, was waiting for that question. Yes, a contract is chosen from a clans/family Myth, but it is possible to change said contract. If the contractor doesn't feel like the myth is a good fit, they can choose another from their clans contracted myths or find one of their own.

It's not an uncommon occurrence and most families don't look down upon it. It's just rare to see a born contractor go somewhere else

Does anyone making a Contractor character want to be my martial art character's sibling? I mean, it seems like the perfect opportunity for drama XD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back