• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Short-Shot Bulletin Board and Directory (all genres)

Sibelle Grey

Worldweaver
Short-shot players, this way to the bulletin board!

"Wait, what's a short-shot?"

A short-shot is a short-term roleplay exercise, a few scenes long, meant to help develop a character or an RP universe-- or just write if you don't have the time or desire to commit to anything longer.
As discussed in this thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/so-one-shots.346958/
Roleplay a first meeting. Roleplay an event in your character's life. Roleplay a major event in your world's history. Find someone with a character yours could interact with and write random scenes with them. Write what you like for as many scenes as you'd like, whether that's one or two or six. Short-shots. This is done on other sites yet oddly not here, so let's make it a thing, yeah? Shoutout to CastoffCaptain CastoffCaptain for the catchy name.

"Ooh, I want in!"

Cool, post what you're looking for-- a character you want to play, an idea, or an intro/starter. See if someone's posted something you'd be interested in and send a PM their way.
In your post, please include any relevant information such as:

Preferred genre:
Theme(s):
Character(s) and short description(s):
Scene(s)/ Idea(s) / Intro(s)/ Looking to RP:
Posting rate:
Ideal reply length:
Romance (fxm, mxm,fxf, any, none):
Will not do/triggers:
Minors welcome?:

and anything else you think would be useful. You do not have to include all of this, in this format. Basically just tell us what you're into. You can post a starter if you'd prefer, and whoever's interest will contact you by PM.

Directory in the works, soon it'll be easier to find what you're looking for, but in any case, post away ^.^ This thread is search-only, so any discussion goes here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/so-one-shots.346958/

Last edited:
Preferred genre: modern

Theme(s): forbidden love, boundaries, soul-searching, Catholic guilt, attraction-tension

One young American woman who has no religious leanings, one English Catholic priest (let's say an age range for either of them that's around 24ish and up for her, 30 and up for him, as long as it's not into his fifties).

This can be 1-3 scenes long. I'm mainly looking for the point of attraction between the two of them where they're dancing very closely around the idea that they're seriously interested, but he's bound by his religion, and they're not quite saying what they're feeling. She's living in a little apartment behind his house while temporarily living in England, and his house is behind the church in a tiny little backwater parish. He's given her a temporary office job, which complicates matters. I'd be interested in a coming-in-out-of-the-rain scene, an unexpected confessional scene, and perhaps a scene in which he becomes very angry/frustrated/confrontational about her attentions toward him. Also, an in-the-office scene would be fun where he realizes she's attractive, and there are other people around at the time (I'm thinking a mini gaggle of old women who are organizing a charity or something) who complicate things.

Other ideas are welcome.

Posting rate:
no faster than every day, no longer than every 3
Ideal reply length: 3-8 paragraphs
Romance : fxm
Will not do/triggers: I can't see how this RP would have triggers.
Minors welcome?: Sorry, no.

**As of 7/20/17-- I am STILL SEARCHING for a partner.

Last edited:
Preferred genre: modern romance because I'm a SUCKER
Theme(s): jealousy, memories, misconceptions, growing up
Character(s) and short description(s): NERDS. So like one character is the more traditional intelligent nerd, the other character was like an academic rival to them almost, despite not being a classic nerd, may have been part of the group that the nerd disliked. Ages could be 21-27 though they'd have to be the same age since same class yakknow
Scene(s)/ Idea(s) / Intro(s)/ Looking to RP: probably would be centered around some sort of reunion hosted at a winter retreat type thing. One scene could be them stuck in the cabin and the small space driving them to arguing perhaps about the past, in the process straightening out any misconceptions they may have had about each other, maybe a confession wink wonk. Another scene could be them at the main party, with everyone reminiscing and it ending up being a kind of bad time for the traditional nerd. Last idea could be them at the end of the little reunion, getting ready to depart and exchanging some words.

Posting rate: however many you could get out in a day lol! I'm flexible, though try not to go more than 3 days without posting. Or at least don't just drop off the ends of the Earth. The minimum is one post a day I suppose.
Ideal reply length: 1 nice paragraph or above please! I understand that sometimes the writing juices may not be a flowing particularly well. In that case write one paragraph or you can request for a bit of time to come up with something nice. In other words... I don't really mind any length but please no little bitty one or four lines... ;-;
Romance (fxm, mxm,fxf, any, none): I can do them alllll muahahah tho I have a preference for fxm in this case! Fxf wouldn't be too bad either tho i suppose.
Will not do/triggers: i don't have any in this particular case
Minors welcome?: woo boy, as someone who was a minor but a short few months ago, I want to say yes.... but I also don't want this turning into me RPing sexual tension with a youngster. In a way it depends. If you're under age, then it will just be a nice fluffy piece for us to play

Anyway if you end up enjoying your RP with me, feel free to request a full one! PM if you are interested blah blah blah. I'm accepting multiple people

I have two characters you can choose from for me to play, they fit either smarty pants role

Sinemm; the traditional nerd type
And Valentina; the academic socialite

Um thassit ❤️

heyyy i'm so glad this is up! well done Sibelle Grey Sibelle Grey for seeing this idea through, let's keep it going!!

Preferred genre: High Fantasy, Medieval Fantasy
Theme(s): Dark humour, competition, adversaries forced to work together, reluctant romance
Character(s) and short description(s): Character A - Demon prince with a penchant for bloody mayhem, a short attention span, and a thorough dislike of authority OR Character B - An arrogant kinda whiny wizard, advisor to the crown, insecure, and dangerously power-hungry
Scene(s)/ Idea(s) / Intro(s)/ Looking to RP: Looking for equally powerful characters to pair with mine and stick them in disastrous, Terry Pratchett style situations. Ideas include character A invading the domain of a powerful vampire of some sort, joyfully slaughtering the humans kept like livestock, or character B grasping for power and accidentally summoning an elder demon of some kind who starts to wonder just what this funny little wizard is trying to do. Also, any type of wizard rivalry, duels, etc pls
Posting rate: Every other day, basically any time as long as we're still both interested
Ideal reply length: Two to four paragraphs, nothing too taxing
MxM
Will not do/triggers:
CW for lots of violence in both of these
Minors welcome?: No, sorry!!

Last edited:
FINALLY pygmy has settled on a craving. Maybe lame but oh well. :p I am knee deep in fantasy/action right now and need a cute little one shot break.

Preferred genre: cute, romance, modern
Theme(s): love, dating, comedic relief, forbidden relationships, on and off relationships, you get the picture. I'm open to almost anything here.
Character(s) and short description(s): Whatever is brought to the table. I play both boys and girls. All adults. This can be tailored to scenes being written and I would prefer to discuss with a partner.
Scene(s)/ Idea(s) / Intro(s)/ Looking to RP: Literally anything. Let's write brunch after a night out. Having dinner at 2am because they've both been working crap hours. A homeymoon. Awkward first date with someone on tinder. I don't care I just want cute stuff.
Posting rate: In a perfect world, few times a day but let's be real. Once a week minimum but prefer a few times a week. I'd like to do a scene or two or three depending on coupling and chemistry quickly. This isn't something I want to spend a month writing.
Ideal reply length: at least 3 paragraphs but would like more
Romance (fxm, mxm,fxf, any, none): fxm
Will not do/triggers: no smuttin' it up
Minors welcome?: ehhhhhh I'd rather not

Let's do this because my inbox is dryyy.

Preferred genre: Modern.
Theme(s): Romance, forbidden love, straight up family stories, give me that dramas, and those broken characters. <3
Character(s) and short description(s): Elaine. In her 20's depending on the story. Love books, the color dark green.
Scene(s)/ Idea(s) / Intro(s)/ Looking to RP: She never expected to fall in love. The kind of the love that lights your soul on fire. The kind that makes time, move at a crawl or at a lighting pace. She never expected to love him...
Posting rate: Everyday. Eastern Time zone here.
Ideal reply length: 2-4 good paragraphs. Want more? Just ask.
Romance (fxm, mxm,fxf, any, none): f/m,fxf
Will not do/triggers: I only play female oc's. sorry world. Follow the site rules please, and thank youu.
Minors welcome?: as long as your detailed and know what your getting into before hand.

I'm going to just go ahead and mention that I'm still looking for a partner for mine.

Also, Sibelle, I so want to steal your signature idea for my characters. :)

Preferred genre: modern

Theme(s): forbidden love, boundaries, soul-searching, Catholic guilt, attraction-tension

One young American woman who has no religious leanings, one English Catholic priest (let's say an age range for either of them that's around 24ish and up for her, 30 and up for him, as long as it's not into his fifties).

This can be 1-3 scenes long. I'm mainly looking for the point of attraction between the two of them where they're dancing very closely around the idea that they're seriously interested, but he's bound by his religion, and they're not quite saying what they're feeling. She's living in a little apartment behind his house while temporarily living in England, and his house is behind the church in a tiny little backwater parish. He's given her a temporary office job, which complicates matters. I'd be interested in a coming-in-out-of-the-rain scene, an unexpected confessional scene, and perhaps a scene in which he becomes very angry/frustrated/confrontational about her attentions toward him. Also, an in-the-office scene would be fun where he realizes she's attractive, and there are other people around at the time (I'm thinking a mini gaggle of old women who are organizing a charity or something) who complicate things.

Other ideas are welcome.

Posting rate:
no faster than every day, no longer than every 3
Ideal reply length: 3-8 paragraphs
Romance : fxm
Will not do/triggers: I can't see how this RP would have triggers.
Minors welcome?: Sorry, no.

**As of 7/20/17-- I am STILL SEARCHING for a partner.
I'd love to! Send me message?

I'd love to! Send me message?
I'm about to head home and will most likely be gone for a couple of days-- at least until Sat. Mind PMing me, pretty please? Post-stalk me for my RP samples. And if you have any just to see if we're compatible, that would be greatly appreciated!

Because I don't want this to die

Preferred genre: Realistic, Modern, some Fantasy/Sci-fi

Theme(s): Any theme

I have a plethora of characters. All are people of color with different sexualities. If interested I could show you them in another setting.

I'm mainly looking for just some simple scenes. Hanging out. Coffee shop. Mall. Anything.

Posting rate:
I can write something AT LEAST once a day except for certain events going on in real life.

Ideal reply length:
I do not like one sentences or one paragraphs. Three paragraphs are a minimum.

Any

Will not do/triggers:
No triggers or anything of that nature. I'm daring ;3

Minors welcome?:

If you are a minor don't expect much over pg-13.

And to be honest, this doesn't even have to be one person, if there's a group of us that would like to mix characters together I'm fine with that too. We also don't have to use rpn. I'm fine with discord and slack.

Preferred genre: anything, except pure realistic.
Theme(s): Anything.
Character(s) and short description(s): will reveal certain characters depending on the RP.
Scene(s)/ Idea(s) / Intro(s)/ Looking to RP: I have no idea, just something fun.
Posting rate: As soon as I am able.
Ideal reply length: 3 sentences at minimum, I have no max.
Romance (fxm, mxm,fxf, any, none): don't care as long as romance isn't forced.
Will not do/triggers: anything against site rules and will not RP outside of site.
Minors welcome?: as long as can speak my language and can contribute to the RP I do not care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back