• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shattered GLASS - OOC

Hola, Doctor Borkus in the house.

Keep in mind to tag me when your characters return to HQ. I'm gonna work on a introductory post within HQ if that's all right with all of you.

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian Just to clarify... squits are kinda like ants in this city. The Swarm isn't really something anyone knows about yet, so the idea of fighting squits is a little... odd XD

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian Just to clarify... squits are kinda like ants in this city. The Swarm isn't really something anyone knows about yet, so the idea of fighting squits is a little... odd XD
aaaahhhhh XD alright got it, although what i was trying to explain was that the suit is actually quite vulnerable to small things that are able to tamper the mechanism of the suit so that's what i meant

I missed these alerts too sorry. I'll get writing a post. By checking out the warehouse do you want him to send a telepathic update or serve as a visual link type thing? Or it something entirely different?

I missed these alerts too sorry. I'll get writing a post. By checking out the warehouse do you want him to send a telepathic update or serve as a visual link type thing? Or it something entirely different?

I was just thinking a telepathic update. Renae can't access people's vision over that far a distance, same reason she can't read GLASS's thoughts :)

Shoot. I didn't realize that many posts had been made IC. Sorry guys, I don't tend to get the alerts unless I'm tagged :(

Welp, okay, this is getting a bit dumb now. Number of short fuses like that on standby detonated from that range, that's at least two character deaths. Nothing I can do about that.

Don't mean to cause a fight or something, but a character being prepared to this degree when written down as impulsive and short-sighted isn't exactly what I had in mind and there's no realistic way to save my character now so.

I'm dead, I guess? Thanks for playing.

Which also feels a bit unrealistic, to be honest. Even then, Cinder's body wouldn't protect against that kind of blast at all, and even then having an eighteen year old blow herself up was... Not exactly what I signed up for.

Just feels weird.

Deucalion Deucalion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_on_a_grenade

"Such an act can be survivable: In World War II US Marine Jack Lucas, in the Battle of Iwo Jima, placed two grenades under his steel M1 Helmet and himself before they exploded. Lucas lived, but spent the rest of his life with over 200 pieces of shrapnel in his body. In 2008 near Sangin in Afghanistan British Royal Marine Matthew Croucher used his rucksack to pin the grenade to the floor, and that and his body armor absorbed the majority of the blast. On November 21, 2010 in Marjah, Helmand Province, Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, US Marine Lance Corporal Kyle Carpenter threw himself upon a grenade, thrown onto a rooftop, to save a fellow Marine; sustaining injuries to his face, right arm and losing his right eye, he survived these wounds. Despite these rare instances, however, the odds of survival are extremely slim."

It actually seems like a human body Is more than enough to protect against grenades.

Last edited:
It actually seems like a human body Is more than enough to protect against grenades.

Sure... but a pretty small, unarmoured 18 year-old against three grenades? Not so much.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse I'm gonna have to agree with Deucalion Deucalion here... I think you're veering into meta-gaming territory here. I'd be okay with it if you were just killing your character + some NPCs, but the way things have worked out has meant that some player character(s) are in a position that they'll likely die, without any real time or way to react to it.

I don't think my character could bring back Deucalion Deucalion 's character back from the dead as well because of his moral compass and how he's afraid of messing with natural laws like he did back in his younger years.

It's within the boundaries of his powers but it's very fucked up on how he does it. Basically, Warren could clone you but that's screwed up. If your brain is intact, Warren can revive you but that's screwed up as well.

I also severely doubted whether Manuel was safe from the blast or not. You're not taking into account the shrapnel or the fact that the 18 year old just became a IED that Manuel could have become severely injured by.

So, yeah, Deucalion Deucalion is mostly likely deado.

Sure... but a pretty small, unarmoured 18 year-old against three grenades? Not so much.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse I'm gonna have to agree with Deucalion Deucalion here... I think you're veering into meta-gaming territory here. I'd be okay with it if you were just killing your character + some NPCs, but the way things have worked out has meant that some player character(s) are in a position that they'll likely die, without any real time or way to react to it.

Sorry about that. I yeah, I guess what I did was pretty incosiderate. I just went with the flow and I kinda got carried away. I can edit it if you guys want, I'm fine with it. I actually have an alternate ending in mind in case she got captured, so I'm fine editing jt and all.

Welp, okay, this is getting a bit dumb now. Number of short fuses like that on standby detonated from that range, that's at least two character deaths. Nothing I can do about that.

Don't mean to cause a fight or something, but a character being prepared to this degree when written down as impulsive and short-sighted isn't exactly what I had in mind and there's no realistic way to save my character now so.

I'm dead, I guess? Thanks for playing.
Oh those weren't short fuses. They're regular grenades, hence why I thought that she could still be captured if something was done. It's my fault really for not explaining. As I said in the post above, I could edit it. I'm the one in the wrong here, not being considerate, so I don't mind changing it.

Sorry about that. I yeah, I guess what I did was pretty incosiderate. I just went with the flow and I kinda got carried away. I can edit it if you guys want, I'm fine with it. I actually have an alternate ending in mind in case she got captured, so I'm fine editing jt and all.

Oh those weren't short fuses. They're regular grenades, hence why I thought that she could still be captured if something was done. It's my fault really for not explaining. As I said in the post above, I could edit it. I'm the one in the wrong here, not being considerate, so I don't mind changing it.

I'd say it's mostly up to Deucalion Deucalion how exactly this gets changed... seeing as it's their character who's most affected by this. I guess Doctor Nope Doctor Nope might have to change his post too, but it's fairly minimal and won't make a huge difference.

Hrm, it would require a bit of editing, but if it's okay with you Crimson, perhaps we could just make it so that the short-fuse grenade was the last thing from Cinder? So she's finally out of tricks and all that once Ecto threw the first grenade into the sky? Just kinda undo the three new ones. The inclusion isn't the problem, but it is kind of getting obvious that the only conclusion here is capture I feel, and at this point we're just dragging this warehouse scene out beyond how long it needs to be, in my opinion. For the likes of Borkus Lazorus Borkus Lazorus and Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian who would probably want to be included sometime soon, I feel like speeding things up some would be for the best. Besides, it's not like a capture is the end of the world. Opens up plenty of neat plot hooks and makes both ARK and GLASS look competent! ARK succeeded with a raid, ut GLASS got two captures.

Thanks to CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse for being so mature about this, by the way. It's refreshing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back