What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
“Ask”

They are Afureru's soldiers. They would be pretty used to threats and demands. Who are they to deny demigods?

I actually don’t know too much! It’s started since that river god encounter and I’ve got no idea how it’ll turn out!
I'm very excited to see where it goes! That corruption stuff will be really cool to play with as a concept. If it can do that to a god. Imagine what it could do to one of the most power of exalted.

I'm in the same boat with Afureru. She's only just now discovering things and doesn't even know she's discovering it. Memories barely surfacing of the dark origins of her spark.

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm away on holiday this week and replies will be sporadic at best, entirely absent at worst.

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Since it’s the first big showing of the void, I’m anticipating Aeliana going a bit violently off the rails here. How fast can she form a makeshift arena/stage out of the materials around her?
Sure, 30 minutes or so? If you're thinking just a perimeter of sticks or rocks or logs and such. Sigrdrífa could make you an ACTUAL arena in moments. LOL.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm away on holiday this week and replies will be sporadic at best, entirely absent at worst.
Thanks for letting us know! Enjoy your holiday!

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
So, I’ve been thinking today how I’m going to handle the current set of actions for maximum fun. Here’s what I’m thinking:

Sigrdrifa lunges to attack Embrace > Embrace goes to defend/get away > Afureru's words stop her dead in her tracks > Sigrdrifa goes to town on a stunned Embrace > Toun chastises Embrace with a stick

Thoughts?

Random Word Random Word D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon

Random Word

Two Thousand Club
Subtract her 7 Evasion and roll your damage.
So that was a grapple gambit. It hit, and threshold successes don't matter because it's a decisive attack/gambit. If we're playing this all out according to the rules, next Sigrdrífa would roll her initiative+3 (21+3=24 dice) and if she scored a measly 2 hits the grapple would succeed. Then she would roll Strength+Brawl vs Embrace's Strength+(MA or Brawl), with net successes determining rounds of control, and then she would decide what grapple action to take for her turn. If she goes for a decisive slam, then she'd be looking at upwards of 21 damage with double 7's, so somewhere around 16 lethal HLs. That would probably kill Embrace before Toun had a chance to wring some answers out of her, so instead she'll just hold Embrace in place until Toun is satisfied or Embrace manages to escape, and then, unless circumstances have changed, kill her.

Let me know if you want me to roll everything out according to the book and have us in actual combat time, since the combat rules will tell us how long Sigrdrífa can *ahem* embrace Embrace, and we can either use that or say, 'You hold her as long as Toun needs to have his interrogation scene'.

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
So that was a grapple gambit. It hit, and threshold successes don't matter because it's a decisive attack/gambit. If we're playing this all out according to the rules, next Sigrdrífa would roll her initiative+3 (21+3=24 dice) and if she scored a measly 2 hits the grapple would succeed. Then she would roll Strength+Brawl vs Embrace's Strength+(MA or Brawl), with net successes determining rounds of control, and then she would decide what grapple action to take for her turn. If she goes for a decisive slam, then she'd be looking at upwards of 21 damage with double 7's, so somewhere around 16 lethal HLs. That would probably kill Embrace before Toun had a chance to wring some answers out of her, so instead she'll just hold Embrace in place until Toun is satisfied or Embrace manages to escape, and then, unless circumstances have changed, kill her.

Let me know if you want me to roll everything out according to the book and have us in actual combat time, since the combat rules will tell us how long Sigrdrífa can *ahem* embrace Embrace, and we can either use that or say, 'You hold her as long as Toun needs to have his interrogation scene'.
I don't see the need to roll it all out. You have effectively neutralized her. Her fate is now in your hands and you can hold her in place while Toun does his thing. When the time comes, you may decide what to do with her: kill her, knock her out, hog-tie her for capture. Hell, you COULD rip both arms off and beat her with them, should you wish.

With that out of the way, Rykon Rykon , you'll need to roll something to persuade her (or something like that, some kind of social influence roll) to get information out of her. It SOUNDS like a threaten action.

Users who are viewing this thread