• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
“Ask”

They are Afureru's soldiers. They would be pretty used to threats and demands. Who are they to deny demigods?

I actually don’t know too much! It’s started since that river god encounter and I’ve got no idea how it’ll turn out!
I'm very excited to see where it goes! That corruption stuff will be really cool to play with as a concept. If it can do that to a god. Imagine what it could do to one of the most power of exalted.

I'm in the same boat with Afureru. She's only just now discovering things and doesn't even know she's discovering it. Memories barely surfacing of the dark origins of her spark.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm away on holiday this week and replies will be sporadic at best, entirely absent at worst.

Since it’s the first big showing of the void, I’m anticipating Aeliana going a bit violently off the rails here. How fast can she form a makeshift arena/stage out of the materials around her?
Sure, 30 minutes or so? If you're thinking just a perimeter of sticks or rocks or logs and such. Sigrdrífa could make you an ACTUAL arena in moments. LOL.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm away on holiday this week and replies will be sporadic at best, entirely absent at worst.
Thanks for letting us know! Enjoy your holiday!

So, I’ve been thinking today how I’m going to handle the current set of actions for maximum fun. Here’s what I’m thinking:

Sigrdrifa lunges to attack Embrace > Embrace goes to defend/get away > Afureru's words stop her dead in her tracks > Sigrdrifa goes to town on a stunned Embrace > Toun chastises Embrace with a stick

Thoughts?

Random Word Random Word D. Rex D. Rex Rykon Rykon

Subtract her 7 Evasion and roll your damage.
So that was a grapple gambit. It hit, and threshold successes don't matter because it's a decisive attack/gambit. If we're playing this all out according to the rules, next Sigrdrífa would roll her initiative+3 (21+3=24 dice) and if she scored a measly 2 hits the grapple would succeed. Then she would roll Strength+Brawl vs Embrace's Strength+(MA or Brawl), with net successes determining rounds of control, and then she would decide what grapple action to take for her turn. If she goes for a decisive slam, then she'd be looking at upwards of 21 damage with double 7's, so somewhere around 16 lethal HLs. That would probably kill Embrace before Toun had a chance to wring some answers out of her, so instead she'll just hold Embrace in place until Toun is satisfied or Embrace manages to escape, and then, unless circumstances have changed, kill her.

Let me know if you want me to roll everything out according to the book and have us in actual combat time, since the combat rules will tell us how long Sigrdrífa can *ahem* embrace Embrace, and we can either use that or say, 'You hold her as long as Toun needs to have his interrogation scene'.

So that was a grapple gambit. It hit, and threshold successes don't matter because it's a decisive attack/gambit. If we're playing this all out according to the rules, next Sigrdrífa would roll her initiative+3 (21+3=24 dice) and if she scored a measly 2 hits the grapple would succeed. Then she would roll Strength+Brawl vs Embrace's Strength+(MA or Brawl), with net successes determining rounds of control, and then she would decide what grapple action to take for her turn. If she goes for a decisive slam, then she'd be looking at upwards of 21 damage with double 7's, so somewhere around 16 lethal HLs. That would probably kill Embrace before Toun had a chance to wring some answers out of her, so instead she'll just hold Embrace in place until Toun is satisfied or Embrace manages to escape, and then, unless circumstances have changed, kill her.

Let me know if you want me to roll everything out according to the book and have us in actual combat time, since the combat rules will tell us how long Sigrdrífa can *ahem* embrace Embrace, and we can either use that or say, 'You hold her as long as Toun needs to have his interrogation scene'.
I don't see the need to roll it all out. You have effectively neutralized her. Her fate is now in your hands and you can hold her in place while Toun does his thing. When the time comes, you may decide what to do with her: kill her, knock her out, hog-tie her for capture. Hell, you COULD rip both arms off and beat her with them, should you wish.

With that out of the way, Rykon Rykon , you'll need to roll something to persuade her (or something like that, some kind of social influence roll) to get information out of her. It SOUNDS like a threaten action.

So, Rykon Rykon , tell me again (or maybe the first time) what Toun is after? His tribe was wiped out, I think I got that part. What happened? I don't think I missed it in your backstory, but maybe I did.

So, Rykon Rykon , tell me again (or maybe the first time) what Toun is after? His tribe was wiped out, I think I got that part. What happened? I don't think I missed it in your backstory, but maybe I did.
We did discuss this before but it's been quite a few months since then.

Cliff notes:
  • The Fox tribe was at war with a Stag tribe because they kept encroaching on Fox lands.
  • Stags had an advantage of numbers and supplies even if individual warriors weren't as skilled.
  • Stags also had support from a mastermind coordinating with fae and the dead.
  • During an ambush that wiped out Toun's hunting party, he Exalted.
  • When returning to the bulk of the tribe, he'd found their current settlement torn apart with no apparent survivors.
  • He then went to see the tribe's totem god, Whitefang, who had been corrupted with some sort of toxin that would feed on and fuse with the spirit, persisting even after reincarnation. Destruction was the only relief. (I'll also note that his brother was a priest to said deity, who's body was never found)
  • I had asked you for a name that Toun might know for who'd be responsible, you had said he was informed to look for someone called the Blackened One.
Given all of that, Toun wants Aleifr/Embrace of the Blackened Soul to give more information about who's responsible for supporting the stags, corrupting his former god, and the now-dead river goddess. Signs point to it either being her or possibly whoever is giving her orders. That said, those signs are only that she's working with the dead and the name matches somewhat which could be chalked up to coincidence, as unlikely as that seems.

We did discuss this before but it's been quite a few months since then.

Cliff notes:
  • The Fox tribe was at war with a Stag tribe because they kept encroaching on Fox lands.
  • Stags had an advantage of numbers and supplies even if individual warriors weren't as skilled.
  • Stags also had support from a mastermind coordinating with fae and the dead.
  • During an ambush that wiped out Toun's hunting party, he Exalted.
  • When returning to the bulk of the tribe, he'd found their current settlement torn apart with no apparent survivors.
  • He then went to see the tribe's totem god, Whitefang, who had been corrupted with some sort of toxin that would feed on and fuse with the spirit, persisting even after reincarnation. Destruction was the only relief. (I'll also note that his brother was a priest to said deity, who's body was never found)
  • I had asked you for a name that Toun might know for who'd be responsible, you had said he was informed to look for someone called the Blackened One.
Given all of that, Toun wants Aleifr/Embrace of the Blackened Soul to give more information about who's responsible for supporting the stags, corrupting his former god, and the now-dead river goddess. Signs point to it either being her or possibly whoever is giving her orders. That said, those signs are only that she's working with the dead and the name matches somewhat which could be chalked up to coincidence, as unlikely as that seems.
Ah yes. That's right. My god my memory is shit. Thank you!

Excellent.

Sergeant Hyrrel let out a held breath as he seemed to be successfully wranging the Evervictors "enthusiasm" without getting the sharp point of point of steel. Good. That was a good start.

"Of course they can sing! And a grand idea. Even if it does not fill the seats right away it will make for great practice in the Arena for when they have have a crowd to please!" He said, trying to plant the seed in her head as if it were her suggestion. Just in case she decided to start killing early because they didn't draw crowds fast enough.

"These two happen to be the best singers in the army, aren't you boys? They are just a bit shy. Isn't that right?" He gave a form glare at the two men, who were exchanging nervous and shocked glances.

"Isn't it?"

The spear that was thrown landing in between them broke them out of their stupor for fear of the consequences. "Yes, yes of course!" One of them croaked. "Never the better singers had been seen!" Said the other hurriedly.

The two shared another look. Its general wisdom that one should never judge a book by its cover... but this wasn't one of those cases. The taller and leaner of the men, Jaster, was a frog-faced dark skinned southern man with a mane that looked like he cut his own hair with a pair of dull sheers. The other was a squat amd wide toad faced man, Horce, fair of skin of the native North, short enough that his stocky physique looked ridiculous. Well, the toad faced man had a voice like a frog, and the frog faced man croaked like a toad. And neither was particularly confident that they weren't about to be immediately beheaded by even trying to sing. What the heck did they know about singing when sober?

Though Aeliana's spurring was enough to get them started.

Horce was the one that started them off, "Oooohhhhh!" He sang, drawing out a long note to give himself time to thing of something to say.

"I hail from river whose banks were mud, and on it was a shack or two..." Horce began, his words failing him as he tried to think of a way to continue that rhymed.

Thankfully Jaster cut in to continue, trying to carry the same tune. Unsuccessfully but trying just the same. "...and on its pier a was a woman dear, of who I tried to woo." Falling into the same problem as his compatriot, he looked over at Horce for help.

Horce quickly jumped in, "But my wife found out and took a.... trout? And said that I would soon be dead!"

Horce looked quite proud of his improv skills, but Jaster was quite sure that it was one of the stupid things he had heard before. Not that he had anything better. Trout did rhyme with out, after all.

"But I ducked a weaved for she aimed for my head, I knew I couldn't let her harm me!" Jaster added.

"I said ciao and left that cow, and that's how I joined this army!" Horce finished raising his hands out in a way too proud flourish to indicate he finished his "song".

There was a long pause, and Hyrrels glare told both them that they were not done.

They both swallowed, and it was Jaster that started things off this time. "Ooooohhhhh!"

And so the pair would continue. Bobbing up and down to try and keep rhythm as they tried to make up songs back and forth. This really wasn't something they should be doing without being fully lit up by hard spirits. Singing was hard.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz
Holy crap, I can't even describe how bad I needed this today. Thank you making my rough day that much better.

So good.

As divisive as the whole encounter's been, I think the best way to spite one's enemy is to poach his minions to your own cause. Certainly, the intelligence could prove invaluable. Any of the players object to suplexing Aleifr's unlife back toward the right direction?

Aelianna is championing another arena after all. Perhaps everyone can vent their frustration through a healthy dose of recreational violence.

Pardon, are you advocating for a redemption arc for Embrace rather than killing her? Sigrdrífa considers Embrace's request to end her unlife sacred, and will grant it if she isn't persuaded otherwise. It's a noble thing in her culture to go out quickly and painlessly at the hands of a friend, or take one last long walk on the ice, rather than prolong suffering and drain the tribe's resources.

As divisive as the whole encounter's been, I think the best way to spite one's enemy is to poach his minions to your own cause. Certainly, the intelligence could prove invaluable. Any of the players object to suplexing Aleifr's unlife back toward the right direction?

Aelianna is championing another arena after all. Perhaps everyone can vent their frustration through a healthy dose of recreational violence.

Actually I was thinking something exactly the same. If Embrace recognizes Afureru for what she was, then such an outcome might be well worth trying to convince her of. I can use her to further other background stuff. Afureru may be a murderhobo, but her core is "redemption arc"

And I was also thinking the exact same thing with Aeliana. That when Nermal gets to the circle to warn them about Aelianaxs madness. Figuring Sig was going to go for the kill. Was going to have Affy step in and be all like "No. I have Better idea."

Well we could easily reason the information she has on the Fel could be very useful in our campaign against it.

Pardon, are you advocating for a redemption arc for Embrace rather than killing her? Sigrdrífa considers Embrace's request to end her unlife sacred, and will grant it if she isn't persuaded otherwise. It's a noble thing in her culture to go out quickly and painlessly at the hands of a friend, or take one last long walk on the ice, rather than prolong suffering and drain the tribe's resources.
I guess I am. For those that Toun has had to destroy in the past rather than save he has a chance to aim bigger here. This could also kill a flock of birds with one stone too. I concur with D. Rex D. Rex 's point, proving that someone with a corrupted spirit can choose a better path has a lot of useful implications.

The sales pitch to Sigrdrifa is that Embrace can't be a drain on a tribe Toun no longer has. Letting her go down after submitting to her master like this doesn't feel terribly noble either, does it? She can be herself again if she can find the courage.
Actually I was thinking something exactly the same. If Embrace recognizes Afureru for what she was, then such an outcome might be well worth trying to convince her of. I can use her to further other background stuff. Afureru may be a murderhobo, but her core is "redemption arc"

And I was also thinking the exact same thing with Aeliana. That when Nermal gets to the circle to warn them about Aelianaxs madness. Figuring Sig was going to go for the kill. Was going to have Affy step in and be all like "No. I have Better idea."
I'm sitting on a partially written post to a similar effect.

Also! Regarding Afureru... I'm not exactly sure how hive mindy Abyssals are, or how much the Neverborn can gleam from recovering the fallen sparks. But if we kill Embrace, there is a good chance Afureru would revealed and things might get a lot harder.

I guess I am. For those that Toun has had to destroy in the past rather than save he has a chance to aim bigger here. This could also kill a flock of birds with one stone too. I concur with D. Rex D. Rex 's point, proving that someone with a corrupted spirit can choose a better path has a lot of useful implications.

The sales pitch to Sigrdrifa is that Embrace can't be a drain on a tribe Toun no longer has. Letting her go down after submitting to her master like this doesn't feel terribly noble either, does it? She can be herself again if she can find the courage.

I'm sitting on a partially written post to a similar effect.
I dont mind if you write it out and take credit. Lol Afureru has already diverted enough attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back