• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Jeez! I just got caught up in here. Probably shouldn’t have had Aeliana wander off but that’s what I get for late night posting…

Sooo, if things do go down it sure seems like it’s a we can fight each other but you aren’t allowed sort of situation.

Something about all this feels intentional by Embrace.

Sooo, if things do go down it sure seems like it’s a we can fight each other but you aren’t allowed sort of situation.

Something about all this feels intentional by Embrace.

Well I wouldn't say we aren't "allowed". More like trying to take into account other players and the DM.

I "could" roll a join battle right now and attack. But I know that Tuon wants some information. So I'm going to drag it out just a little before I JB so that he has a chance at getting some exposition.

It also gives you time to do a little patrol and possibly get back in time for the fireworks. (Or get ambushed by hidden enemies)

And it very well could be intentional! We are in their turf now. We are as foreign here as the undead are in our world. And the abyssal unshackle themselves from their past life upon exaltation. So who is to say how much of her relationship is something she valued? Or how much is an act?

But one thing is for sure. The abyssals did not conquer death. The Neverborn conquered them. And they go to great lengths to ensure their tools are suitable for their desires.

By allowed I did mean that in a more narrative sense, my apologies! As in, our Circle of Exalts can bicker and fight and duel, but an outsider cannot be so bold to assume they can to! Affy and Sig can go to blows but I’m assuming that if Embrace goes in, it’s going to cause a chaotic chain reaction.

I think it’s wise and more narratively interesting to follow your flow and play it as is then. I’m starting to feel the tension build in real life, it’s exciting!

By allowed I did mean that in a more narrative sense, my apologies! As in, our Circle of Exalts can bicker and fight and duel, but an outsider cannot be so bold to assume they can to! Affy and Sig can go to blows but I’m assuming that if Embrace goes in, it’s going to cause a chaotic chain reaction.

I think it’s wise and more narratively interesting to follow your flow and play it as is then. I’m starting to feel the tension build in real life, it’s exciting!
Aw i see! Then I Would think you assume correct. While some of the circle may try to break up the fighting, if Embrace joined it would certainly lead to the possibility of forcing people to take sides. And in all likely hood, that side would be against Embrace, even if it would be heartbreaking for Sig and Tuon.

I'm not sure how strong Embrace is, but being outnumbered is very disadvantageous for her. Her best bet would be to stay out of a fight, keep things to a 1v1, or sew enough dissention that some of the circle chooses her side.

Though personally speaking I don't want her dead. She smells strongly of narrative potential for us!

Lol it might not be wise to follow me. I'm the same old King I've always been. I write by the seat of my pants. But that you find it narratively interesting warms my heart! I do love playing up the dramatic tension.

I have to ponder what Tyree would do, but I probably will. She's feeling kinda jumpy around there right now.

I also figured Random Word Random Word is going to attack Embrace, too. You and Sherwood Sherwood are going after her at the same time, is it a coordinated attack? Or more surprised by each other attacking her from two directions, “but, oh well, she’ll have to deal with it” type of situation?

I had not thought about coordinating. I'm more in the line of thought of 'make this bitch bare her throat or I'll kill her'.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Do you want me to go ahead and roll my damage? Or is there a Charm that she has in mind to try and wiggle her way out of this attack?

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Do you want me to go ahead and roll my damage? Or is there a Charm that she has in mind to try and wiggle her way out of this attack?
I think she might use a Charm, but I also want to base that on what Random Word Random Word is doing on the same tick. If Sigrdrifa decides to go to town, it might change what Embrace does/uses. Alternately, if we decide to resolve this first before Sigrdrifa takes her action, Embrace might choose a different Charm.

I've still got a bit of mental whiplash. What sounded like an honor duel is evolving into a dog pile on the Zombie. Clearly Aleifr doesn't need the ego boost of "fighting off our whole circle", and Sigrdrifa already stands a decent chance alone.

For what it's worth going forward, Toun will likely only intervene at the line of killing intent on either side.

Nah, Afureru is flaring. When the Dawn flares with obvious killing intent, Sigrdrifa is going to immediately abandon her attack on Aleifr, grab that tyrant lizard by the tail, and throw it as far as she can to prevent the angry Dawn from gutting her friend. Angry Dawn in arms reach is worse than angrier dawn well out of arms reach.

Apologies on advance for any harm caused to your familiar.

Nah, Afureru is flaring. When the Dawn flares with obvious killing intent, Sigrdrifa is going to immediately abandon her attack on Aleifr, grab that tyrant lizard by the tail, and throw it as far as she can to prevent the angry Dawn from gutting her friend. Angry Dawn in arms reach is worse than angrier dawn well out of arms reach.

Apologies on advance for any harm caused to your familiar.

Well it won't necessarily mean you take the other angry dawn with it. Just that you don't have tyrant lizard to worry about.

Also! It depends on what range band we are away from each other. I'm assuming short range? If thats the case, you would be leaving Embrace pretty undefended.

This is awesome as far as a scene and action goes. Tyree turns to Embrace and moves to gut her as Sigrdrifa turns the opposite to Afureru to deal with her and her mount.

The action in my head is epic.

NOW! Listen close friends. This is important. I know I’m relatively easy-going on a lot of things. And most things are up for discussion.

But when it comes to PVP, I draw a hard line in the sand. I subscribe to the idea that this is a form of collaborative fiction where we together are making fun. In that spirit, please talk to each other (which I think we’ve been doing) and agree on what’s going to transpire before it does. Think of it more like free-form rules. You can’t hurt or kill a PC if you haven’t discussed what’s happening and agreed first.

I don‘t tolerate hiding behind “that’s what my character would do”. No! BS! Sure, RP and all, but YOU are the player and YOU are in control of your character and YOU are playing a GAME with other people. I don’t care how immersed you are or aren’t.

As long as you guys are having fun with it, this can play out. If it becomes a problem, we will find some other way to resolve the situation.

You guys are both (and all of you are) responsible RP’ers and have all played together in the past, so I don’t think we’ll have a problem. But I had to put it out there anyway.

Okay. FIGHT!

I’m tagging everyone so you all know.
Esbilon Esbilon Epiphany Epiphany Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word Teh Frixz Teh Frixz jaydude jaydude

I'm not quite sure how it would go down, but for reference pg 203 in core for mounted combat.

Anyway!

I'm always happy to help talk about collaborative result.

Random Word Random Word
If Siggy-pop wants to throw beast, then I'm all for the attempt. I won't begrudge any damage. And while Afureru would be upset if it died during the attempt, I think its a possibility worth seeing a tyrant lizard being thrown. Would be pretty impressive a stunt for Sigfrida.

I would argue though that it would be pretty easy for her to dismount. Affy is standing on its head, so getting off would be as easy as falling off a log(or tyrant lizard).

This might be for the best as if Affy had to return she would be berserk, and probably use her army at that point to see her will be done. As it stands now, she'd only be attacking alone, even if beast isn't thrown.

I'm not against Afureru being defeated either. While I obviously wouldn't want her to go down like a chump. She is very single minded at the moment. Beating her down would be one way to calm her, a shocking revelation(if WlfSamurai WlfSamurai wants to further any hidden plot this could be used), a change in circumstances, or change in need would as well.

Afureru wouldn't kill any of her circle, even if they got in her way. She would probably hurt them, yes, but she would never land a killing blow on them.

As for narrative goals! I did not really have any aside from exploring some background ideas. Embraces survival or destruction being irrelevant. Actually, seeing that Embrace seems to have ties to Afureru, as a player I would much rather Embrace remain alive.

So mounted on a tyrant lizard (or any legendary size thing) with a reach weapon is one of the best ways to game the 3e combat system. Sigrdrifa stands no chance if she plays fair. Forcing Afureru to dismount is a win. In the interests of fostering Wlfsamurai's desired spirit of collaborative storytelling, instead of doing what's mechanically optimal, you can pick what Sigrdrifa does:

A) She dashes under Beast in shadow form, grabs him by the tail, and either throws him away or at Tyree as a distraction while Afureru dismounts.

B) She leaps onto Beasts back to try to grapple and throw Afureru off.

C) She aims to slow Afureru down without harming her, tearing a huge chunk of stone from the earth to huge wall between her and Aleifr.

You guys CAN do this mechanically, if you’d like. Just, no ones going to die. You’ll have plot armor if you get down to the bottom of your health levels.

I like the agree on outcomes approach, like you’re doing, but we can do it mechanically too. We’re definitely doing the Embrace part mechanically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back