• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Shadows of the Setting Sun (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I think it depends on how it throws down.

If it is just between Sigfrida and Afureru, then they may stay back and let them duke it out, knowing that both have rather violent ways in showing dominance.

Of which I would guess. Tuon standing back all big brother like waiting to step in should one of them seem like they are about to kill the other.

Lol I can definitely see Aeliana doing that.

If Embrace of the Blackened Soul joins in. Then it will likely escalate dramatically from there, likely forcing the hand of the others to join in one side or the other.

I like that last one.
Lol I can definitely see Aeliana doing that.
But, like, reluctantly, because no one told her this was happening today (How rude!), and this is the bout of the century, and she hasn't had anywhere near enough time to drum up a crowd, or build a suitable arena, or send out cryers. She's not going to miss it, but the whole time she'll be wistfully imagining how much better everything would be if everyone had only had the common decency to give her a little advance notice. How, perhaps, if most everyone survives this one, they might let her schedule the next one in a proper venue, like civilized people, instead of doing it out here in the forest with a meagre crowd like street trash whose names have never crossed the lips of adoring legions.

Last edited:
But, like, regretfully, because no one told her this was happening today (How rude!), and this is the bout of the century, and she hasn't had anywhere near enough time to drum up a crowd, or build a suitable arena, or send out cryers. She's not going to miss it, but the whole time she'll be wistfully imagining how much better everything would be if everyone had only had the common decency to give her a little advance notice. How, perhaps, if most everyone survives this one, they might let her schedule the next one in a proper venue, like civilized people, instead of doing it out here in the forest with a meagre crowd like street trash whose names have never crossed the lips of adoring legions.
Well. There is an army nearby, that might be able to substitute as a crowd. Can take bets there.

You seem to be forgetting Zoya's defining Intimacy of "Creation is must be reclaimed from the Dead and the Raksha." There will be no despondancy.
Oh, right. I knew about the 'hates the dead' bit, the despondency just came from my assessment of her general attitude towards violence and infighting.

Oh, right. I knew about the 'hates the dead' bit, the despondency just came from my assessment of her general attitude towards violence and infighting.
She doesn't hate the dead, she just has strong opinions on the proper distribution of (un)living space.

She also øhas strong opinions on infighting, but those are more likely to manifest as aggressively singing at people until they stop.

2018-05-16_12-31-48.png

Just got back from a little pre-emptive holiday celebration with the family. Let's see if we can delay fisticuffs long enough for a little more exposition...

Just got back from a little pre-emptive holiday celebration with the family. Let's see if we can delay fisticuffs long enough for a little more exposition...

I'm not sure i can make any promises at this point. I mean, its either attack her or let her make camp.

And we could always beat the exposition out of her if she survives.

If Afureru attacks, it will likely immediately turn into a clash between her and Sig so that she could even get to Embrace. So the chance at exposition wouldn't just vanish.

Still. I can keep Afureru protesting a little longer if that is what you wish. At least until Embraces next post.

I'm operating on the assumption that there's a strong possibility she bolts at the first whiff of danger. She's incredibly outnumbered and seemingly unarmed (not like that matters much to one of solar comparable talent, but could be a factor still when staring down 7 Celestials, their Tyrant Lizard, and their army). If she stays to spectate it's out of raw hubris.

Edit: Toun's confident the he, Tyree, and Makuro can stalk her down for a while with the speed advantage, but as a being of death she has a home field advantage in many respects. An extended pursuit contest is not the risk or battle he wants to take if he can delay it long enough to get down to the reason he's here in the first place.

Last edited:
Man, I wish there was a way to fully stat an Abyssal. The QCs just don’t cover it.

I have Embrace written as a QC, but I’m leaning toward running a full combat in this scene and she won’t even give you guys a moment‘s thought without Charms or sorcery.

I thought maybe grabbing Solar Charms might do it, but now I’m not so sure.

Have you guys dealt with this at all? Any thoughts?

Man, I wish there was a way to fully stat an Abyssal. The QCs just don’t cover it.

I have Embrace written as a QC, but I’m leaning toward running a full combat in this scene and she won’t even give you guys a moment‘s thought without Charms or sorcery.

I thought maybe grabbing Solar Charms might do it, but now I’m not so sure.

Have you guys dealt with this at all? Any thoughts?

Whats a QC?

Well, given that Abyssals are essentially just evil necrotic Solars. I think it would be more the legitimate to use Solar Charms, just make them suitably bloody and angsty. Mechanically the same. Thematically different. Maybe switch a few things around, like intimidation instead of inspiration, depending in the charms in question.

Given that this is a DM controlled char. You got plenty of leeway to make things happen. Could even make some stuff up to keep us on our toes if need be.

Though you might also want to consider how the full combat would go down.

Like the battle in the bridge, a couple of us fighting one person might be easier than all of us joining in.

Or there could be others waiting just out of view. In the trees. Or under us.

Okay, we’re going full combat here.

Embrace is not going to take the first aggressive action. So, I’m guessing Sigrdrifa or Afureru will want to? Random Word Random Word or D. Rex D. Rex , do you want to write in-fiction what you’re doing that will prompt us to join battle?

Okay, we’re going full combat here.

Embrace is not going to take the first aggressive action. So, I’m guessing Sigrdrifa or Afureru will want to? Random Word Random Word or D. Rex D. Rex , do you want to write in-fiction what you’re doing that will prompt us to join battle?

Afureru will definitely want to.

So I would like to write something.

What Embrace said about bathing in the glories of death could most certainly strike a nerve.

I could have Affy immediately launch herself into an attack against Embrace. Or just prepare for one first.

Depending on what we want. The attack could start the join battle against Embrace.

Or, if Sig wants to defend Embrace. The attack could result in a clash between Sig and Affy, where in those two fight it out. With the former trying to keep the latter from Embrace.

It could be a 1v1 with sig and affy. A 1v2, sig and affy v Embrace or affy vs sig and embrace. Or 2x2 with sig and embrace v affy and tyree. Or chaos as we throw more char into the mix for a glorious battle Royale.

Yeah, I run Abyssals with refluffed Solar Charms with names borrowed from 2e, port specific previous Abyssal Charms where necessary, or (now) port Abyssal Charms from Essence.

It's a question of timing, really. If nothing else happens Sigrdrifa is going to attack Embrace, but playfully. If Afureru reacts first and attacks, Sigrdrifa won't have time to do that, and will instead be acting against Afureru. We could resolve order with JB as usual - if Sigrdrifa wins JB she attacks Embrace, if Afureru wins Sigrdrifa reacts accordingly.

Yeah, I run Abyssals with refluffed Solar Charms with names borrowed from 2e, port specific previous Abyssal Charms where necessary, or (now) port Abyssal Charms from Essence.

It's a question of timing, really. If nothing else happens Sigrdrifa is going to attack Embrace, but playfully. If Afureru reacts first and attacks, Sigrdrifa won't have time to do that, and will instead be acting against Afureru. We could resolve order with JB as usual - if Sigrdrifa wins JB she attacks Embrace, if Afureru wins Sigrdrifa reacts accordingly.

I'm okay with an opposed JB roll to see who attacks first.

Well if Sigfrida attacks Embrace, Afureru would still be attacking Embrace, just a tick after, for vastly different reasons of course.

Would Sig then move to defend Embrace knowing that Affy has much more murderous intent? Or see it as a game in which to take both on at once?

If Afureru has obvious killing intent Sigrdrifa would immediately stop attacking Embrace and instead fight to stop Afureru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back