• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sengoku Jidai: Samurai RP OOC

im just excited someone else wanted to be an emperor soldier...i thought i would be the only one

Well I wanted to make a character who wanted to become shogun and the best way to do that is to join team emperor, kill the shogun, and then take his place ar the emperors side

im just excited someone else wanted to be an emperor soldier...i thought i would be the only one

Yeah, I'm honestly suprised everyone leaned so hard into the shogunate. It's probably my fault, I think I made them out to come off as the rebels when that's not really the case.

I should have elaborated that they're by far the ones in charge, as well as the ones responsible for the tight control over technological growth as well as (In the original draft at least) The ones responsible for the sad state of demons, being descended from the hero who slew the demon king in ages passed and instituted the policy of the wild hunt, the call to execute all non-humans.

I made a note to explain that later but I didn't want to bloat the pitch.

Yeah, I'm honestly suprised everyone leaned so hard into the shogunate. It's probably my fault, I think I made them out to come off as the rebels when that's not really the case.

I should have elaborated that they're by far the ones in charge, as well as the ones responsible for the tight control over technological growth as well as (In the original draft at least) The ones responsible for the sad state of demons, being descended from the hero who slew the demon king in ages passed and instituted the policy of the wild hunt, the call to execute all non-humans.

I made a note to explain that later but I didn't want to bloat the pitch.
all good i mean it would make sense for samurai's to want to fight with what they are use to....

Started working on the intro post but it's super late for me. It'll be up tomorrow. If anyone has any ideas they want to throw out before we start, go ahead and do that now.

Are the shogunate still very anti-demon, it might change Yori's interactions. I just went with the shogunate because it seemed more chaotic without people always staying in line for their 'divine' emperor.

I find the Pro-Emperor side to be very entertaining. We have one person who is on a quest for revenge, one who wants to take down the Shogun and live a peaceful life, and one who wishes to usurp the title of Shogun.

Are the shogunate still very anti-demon, it might change Yori's interactions. I just went with the shogunate because it seemed more chaotic without people always staying in line for their 'divine' emperor.

They'd still be the more anti-demon faction. If anything the Imperials would actually be the less restrictive side over all, at least in theory, since they're no longer required to play by the shogunate's militant laws and codes of honor. (The real world's boshin war was similar, with the imperial side being the progressive side who wanted to open the gates to foreigners and develop new technology and the hyper-conservative shogunate trying to resist.)

Though of course in practice, 1000 years of intrigue have likely resulted in families on both sides that would be more than happy to have a demon on their payroll, especially one that can shapeshift. So it's not like he would have nowhere to go regardless of where he went.

If you want it to take place in a fantasy world just give me a few pointers on geography and I'd be happy to rewrite it.

Cool, I'll wait until all of the shogunate forces are up and then I'll attach him to one of the clans.

I may be wrong but according to Wikipedia the chokutō was produced prior to the 10th century and was based off ancient Chinese swords.

Don't worry about the fantasy thing. At most I was tooling around with a map and was far from having any concrete ideas. If anything this saves me from having to draw something up.

Hopefully you'll find someone you like.

I must have completely missed that bit about the chokuto, for some reason I thought you said it was a saya which is a weird type of katana. It was like 3 am man, I dunno. Anyway you're all good.

What's the line up shogun to emperor? On mobile rn, so I can't scroll.

Anyone else find it slightly ironic that so far all the demons or half demons are supporting the Shogun even though the Shoguns are the ones who hunted them down?

Anyone else find it slightly ironic that so far all the demons or half demons are supporting the Shogun even though the Shoguns are the ones who hunted them down?

Yeah. I think I'm gonna have to put up like a lore page or something because it's clear people just aren't seeing the explanations of this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back