• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sengoku Jidai: A Samurai RP

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Hanazawa barely had time to blink, much less react. He quickly moved his sword to block Shugachi's strike but the blow never seemed to come. Rather, a sudden sting rang in his chest followed quickly by a familiar warmth.

"What the..." He placed his hand to his chest and checked his palm but he already knew what he'd find even if he didn't believe it.

"How..?" All the wind drained from him at once as he was forced to take a knee, in it's place a hot mixture of confusion, anger, and shame all swirled as he tried to come to grips with the fact that he had lost.

As the mercenary duo won Shugachi put his two swords away holding out his hand to help Hanazawa up. "Good fight." He spoke Mizuaki rested her arm atop Shugachi's head spinning her Yari in one hand. "Wow Shu-chan we won!" Shugachi sighed at her remark. "Of course we did you and I must of trained together a thousand times over. Once it became a two on two match we had already won." His eyes landed on Hanazawa seeming to not be satisfied by this bout. "Maybe next time you and me can have a one on one duel." He seemed to want to take a chance going against Hanazawa. "I think it'd be....fun." Mizuaki grabbed Shugachi by his head pulling him close. "No fair Shu-chan's my personal sparring partner get yer own!"
SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Scavenger Scavenger

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Scavenger Scavenger

Despite his frustration, Hanazawa was surprised by the mercenaries' show of sportsmanship and shook off his funk, returning quickly to his usual facade of wry arrogance.

"One, the other, or both. I'd be happy to take you on again." He said smirking as he pushed himself back to his feet. "Like I said, I was going easy on you guys this time. I won't make the mistake of underestimating either you again." Placing his sword on his shoulder he turned away from the mercenaries, only now even coming to realize that the entire garrison had turned out to watch the duel and were now staring on in stunned silence at his loss. Playing it cool he simply waved over his shoulder and walked away without so much as another glance.

But on the inside, he was burning.

J5mN0ho.png

Shirobara Osamu - Head of the Shirobara Clan
Time: Night time
Place: Ōta Castle

Osamu sat with his old strategist Yukimitsu, whom his father recruited for him without his knowledge, but nevertheless, the man was talented and could only benefit the clan. Osamu himself never felt uncomfortable with the old man behind his back but instead he's glad. He's not only supported by many ideas from Yukimitsu but also learnt so much on how to deal with the politics of this land. He thought of Yukimitsu as a teacher more than just his retainer. As tonight, they're both sitting in the war room along with his father Hiroshi, discussing on what they should be doing next.

After he recovered from the war at Chiisagata Valley, Osamu had showed his ambition to expand the Shirobara. He showed his ambition and it was supported by a lots of people, include his father and Yukimitsu. And as they wanted so, the chance came to him sooner than he ever thought. The Ueno, who failed to persuade the Katagami to help them attack Karasuyama castle up north. They also promised Shirobara the castle if they canceled their vassalage again the Katagami and start one with them. On the other hand lord Katagami wanted to marry his younger sister and if they managed to arranged such marriage then Shirobara would received the Ishizuka castle in the west. Osamu understood that he cant have both, otherwise he would have to turn his back again one of the clan.

"- Leading an army to help Ueno while Katagami already refused them would be a disrespectful move toward lord Masaki. I should not bite the hand that has fed us for so long..." - Osamu stated

"- Chance like that would only happen once in a while my lord, we can keep both prize." - Yukimitsu answered his lord.

"- But I would lose respect..."

Lord Osamu's deep in thoughts, thinking of the right thing to do...

---------------
Time: Next morning
Place:: Ōta Castle​

In the south gate of the Ota castle, there were members of the Shirobara clan, Hiroshi, Osamu with Ito Yukimitsu and Kiyohime. They're ready for their trip to Mito, to accept Katagami's proposal. Osamu came close to his little sister.

"- Akiyo. Are you sure do you want to do this ? We can still call it if you want to" - Osamu asked his

"- No, aniki. I wish to do this. For the family. For me as well. I just wish Shun-chan is here for my wedding." - Kiyohime answered his brother, for a moment she mentioned his other brother.

"- That fool kid. I promise I will find him and bring his sloppy ass to your wedding." - He stopped for a bit as both of them laughed, and then he hugged his little sister - " Masaki-sama is a good man, be with him and support him when he's needed... We're going to miss you so much."

Kiyohime returned his brother's love for her with nothing but silence. She understood that if she said anything more it would might change his brother decision. It's hard enough for him to send her away from the family. None of them cried that day, because they knew that if even one cried It would meant they're again this decision for the better good of the clan.

-----------------------

Time: one week later, night time
Place:: Karasuyama Castle​

"- ATTACK!! CUT OUT THE YAMADA BANNER!!! BURN THEM OUT!!"

Osamu shouted his soldiers as they charged toward the already defeated Yamada force in Karasuyama caste, trying to kill whoever escape. The siege of Karasuyama was only 5 days long thanks to the Shirobara and Ueno alliance. The Shirobara was able to send reinforcement to help Ueno on time due to a short passage through the forest that the Yamashita Ninja led them. Osamu was standing on the top of the castle, watching his soldier clear out the rest of Yamada unit out of the castle and about to declare victory... A voice raised behind him

"- Osamu-dono. It's good to have you join us in this battle. The swordsmen of the Shirobara are indeed best in the land. Hahaha."

It was Muto Heihachi, the general that led the Ueno Army to besiege this castle.

"- You overrated me master Muto. My men only did a little." - Osamu answered.

"- But what about our "other" deal with you ? You're gonna take it ?" - Heihachi

"- I haven't thought of it much." - Osamu answered reluctantly

"- What to think about ? The Katagami is already a weak clan. You can have this castle for yourself. Moreover, Ueno-sama spoke very highly of you, Osamu-dono. He would be very happy if you join him."

The master spearman said something exactly like what his strategist Yukimitsu had said to him before. If he cancel his vassalage with the Katagami and join Ueno, he would receive this castle from the lord of Ueno as well.

"- Tell Ueno-sama to give me a month to settle with the Katagami..."

Heihachi smirked but he didn't say anything else. He already understood the situation enough.

Yori brought his sword up to one side, parrying the blow but the force behind it still drove him to one knee. When the force was gone he shot up to continue the attack but stopped at the sight of blood on Hanazawa's chest. He sighed, dissapointed that the fight ended so soon, when the two oniware got together it looked like the dance might become very challenging. But none the less he knew that the most important time to show respect is in defeat, so turning to face them Yori placed a fist onto his vertical open palm and bowed, "Thank you for this match, it was an excellent dance". With that he turned and walked into camp disappearing in between the tents and buildings. He headed towards the outside of the camp, it ad been a while since he had last seen his people and there are likely a few around.
Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

6.png
5.jpg
Alliance: The Emperor/Fujimoto Clan | Location: Enemy territory | Interacting/Mentioned: A rabbit

He thought he had finally died... Sent out to assassinate an opponent's messenger in hopes of retrieving their battle-plans, Gaido set up camp somewhere along the way back to his Lord, Fujimoto Ayoko. Upon taking out the courier, he had came to find that the only thing worth looking at was a letter from a nearby city's Princess to her beloved, and even that wasn't truly important. Or, at least he didn't think Fujimoto-sama would think so.

Deciding he would rest before returning on his path home, if you want to call it that, he shrouded himself above in the thick bundles of a large tree's leaves, unable to be seen by just any passer-by.

It took some time, but eventually he managed to fall asleep. A deeper one than usual; though, even the lightest of a footstep would not have gone without waking him. Gaido couldn't remember the last time he actually dreamt until last night, where the clean tossing of a javelin spear pierced his steady-beating heart, finally releasing him from the hell he considers a man's life.

At first, it felt a true happening, and he was at peace. However, the adrenaline coursing through his veins caused his eyes to open, proving that it was not real. He understood that his trials were at a continuing, and that it was time for him to return to his Lord's side. So, he stood to his feet, checked himself for all of his personal belongings, then set out along the branches in the sky, swiftly gliding from one to the other until meeting with a small clearing of land. In the center of it was a pond with about a foot-long gap between the actual water, itself, and the land on which Gaido stood, looking down at his reflection with a stoic expression.

He could see his daughter: black hair, blue eyes, skin as porcelain as a glass doll, and the small mole she inherited from her mother beneath her right eye. Gaido wanted to know why things had turned in such a direction as they did with his clan. He tried to maintain a sense of respect and faith with the Gods, but it was hard. Sometimes he wanted to blame them for everything that has happened... That would be childish, though. Keeping a clan together is where a Head or Leader comes into play. So they say... but therein lies Fuasnosuke Gaido's biggest failure.

A sudden snapping sound stole the man from his thoughts, and he immediately whipped around, retrieved a throwing star from his boot, and threw it towards a bush. All in one swift motion, too. You could hear a pitiful squeal ring out, like that of a rabbit, and within the blink of an eye Gaido appeared by the creature's side. It was a rabbit. As white as snow, once, but now soaked in crimson red. The man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Killing small animals was never fun. You could say it's one of Gaido's few weaknesses, making even the creatures of the land a priority when saving others during times of turmoil.

While he would have loved to hold a ceremonial service for the little guy, there was only so much daylight to waste. Perhaps he had fallen asleep for longer than necessary. Oh well... Gaido took not a second longer before he was back on his feet, having retrieved his shuriken from the heart of the creature who was unlucky enough to cross his path. He sought the tops of the trees once more, then continued on without looking back.

(Just an intro post for before the timeskip!! I will post again with Gaido reaching wherever Ayoko will be come the time~ Hope you guys like it. If there is any unwanted or invalid input, feel free to inform me, and I will fix my post asap!) SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi loyalwolf loyalwolf Dante Verren Dante Verren Scavenger Scavenger Alteras Alteras WolfInTheWoods WolfInTheWoods animegirl20 animegirl20 Field Marshall Field Marshall jole875 jole875 Lordvader59 Lordvader59 The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Sopranos Sopranos Blitzer Blitzer simj26 simj26 (P.S. I'm not sure how many of the tagged are still in the RP, so...sorry, lol)

Last edited:
Before time skip- Meeting of the clan leaders.

Takahiro really didn't have much of a strategy as to what to do next. Really there was only one option. "The Shogun's forces have been crushed and they have been forced to retreat. I will be takeing my troops back to Bingo with me first thing tomorrow morning, I suggest you return home with your forces as well. We will meet again next time the Emperor calls for us." said Takahiro. His gaze fell upon lord Ottomo, they still had business to finish. "Lord Ottomo, I believe we still have some business to discuss. I would be delighted if you could join me for dinner later so that we may finish our disccusion. " Haveing said all that needed to be said, Takahiro rose from his chair, nodded to the other lords and left to return to his soldiers.

Later that night-

Lord Ottomo and Lord Komori discussed the terms of possession of the looted Chosokabe weapons as well as the future of the two clans. It was decided that the Komori would receive the looted weapons in return for opening trade with the Ottomo as well as entering into an anti-Chosokabe pact. The Pact was simple. The Two powers would invade the Chosokabe on two fronts, The Ottomo taking the Chosokabe lands to the west, and the Komori claiming the Chosokabe lands to the east.

The Otomo forces rallied up, Lord Otomo requested for 2000 more soldiers to join him, enlarging his forces to 6000. He using his fleets dropped off the Chosokabe in and in a gesture of kindness left one-fourth of the fleet with cannons to aid them in bringing down wall. It was a small geasture because, the Otomo smashed through their portion of castles much more quickly using cannons and explosive to bring down the wall of many a fortress before swarming them with quick accurate musket fire. Once he was done, he moved his forces to aid the Komori, and resolved the invasion of the Chosokabe lands very quickly.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Before Timeskip
Fujimoto Ayako

Ayako sighed. Takahiro was right, there wasn't much they could do. She rose up as well and left her own men. Approaching her camp, she called for a messenger. "Inform the Komori that we'll be joining them in their march back home tomorrow morning. There are some things that need to be discussed between our clans."

Honoko nodded in agreement with the plan and she stood up, left and headed towards her room. Once she was there she sighed relaxing a bit more and sat down "Asato go ahead and tell our troops to pack up and be ready. We will be heading home first thing in the morning....oh by the way just between me and you Lord Otome's clothing was the funniest thing I ever saw." She said laughing a little. "I hate to see what the women wear."

Before Timeskip- Komori Takahiro

Takahiro thanked and dismissed the Fujimotto messenger. It seemed they would be rideing home with the Komori forces and Lady Ayako wanted to talk with him. The Fujimotto did reside just to the north of the Komori so it was logical for them to return home together. It was also Logical for the two clans to become closer, perhaps the two could even form an alliance. Takahiro grinned at the thought. "A pact with the Ottomo and an alliance with the Fujimotto. Things truly are starting to go my way."
Alteras Alteras

Before timeskip- Asato Hisamune

Once the meeting was over Hisamune quietly followed Honoko back to her room. He couldn't help but smile when Honoko made the joke about the European clothing. "I do agree it looks a bit silly. However I am kind of interested to see what the women wear looks like. It could be worth a laugh or two. " He couldn't help but chuckle as he tried to imagine what the outfits looked like. "I will have messengers relay the orders to the troops, remember you still need to get your arm checked again before we leave."
animegirl20 animegirl20

Before time skip
She looked at her arm as he mentioned it. "I guess your right.....send someone to see if he's free to come check if not I can get someone else to change the bandages."

Once the meeting was over, romanji went back to aiding and leading his medical team in helping the injured and making sure all the warriors were at full health. Everything seemed to be running smoothly and that left only one task left for him. He heard that Tanaka, Honoko needed some medical assistance so he made his way to her to see if he could be of assistance. When he reaches her room, he gave a slight knock on the door and spoke in a very respectful and composed manner. “Excuse the disturbance. It’s lord Furo, I am here to check-up and help with your arm. If now is not a good time let me know and I will send one of my medics to come check on you later.” Dante Verren Dante Verren animegirl20 animegirl20

Honoko' head turned towards the door when she heard someone knocking. "Yes?" Apparently it was Lord Furo, he came to check up and look at her arm. "Oh come in." Honoko looked over towards Asato. "Go ahead and send the messengers to tell the troops we will be leaving tomorrow." She then turned and smiled towards Furo. "Thanks for coming."
loyalwolf loyalwolf Dante Verren Dante Verren

Scavenger Scavenger Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi animegirl20 animegirl20 Sopranos Sopranos Dante Verren Dante Verren Blitzer Blitzer Alteras Alteras simj26 simj26 Danoram Danoram

----Timeskip----

April 1561, Edo Castle

Several months had moved quickly for the Katagami. While Masaki had committed most of his time to simply rebuilding his forces his time had been anything but relaxing. Galvanized by their victory at Chiisagata the imperial forces had become ever more aggressive in their campaign, launching numerous small skirmishes across the border and capturing bits of land here and their. Masaki had commited token forces here and their over the few months, even taking to the field himself on occasion but his true battles had been in the courts. As expected, his loss at Chiisagata had weakened his already tenuous claims and some of the more opportunistic lords were beginning to muscle in. It seemed that his every waking moment had been spent cutting deals, calling in favors, and generally doing everything short of open war to keep his enemies at bay and the fight was taking a visible toll on him.

It was for this reason that being called to Edo Castle had come as a moment of relief for him, allowing him a reason to peel himself away from the power jockeying and underhanded deals if only for a moment. Although that wasn't to say he was particularly thrilled about having to meet with the Shogun himself. In truth, Masaki had never liked the man. There was something about him that he had always found disagreeable, though he couldn't quite decide on what it was.

Masaki took a deep bow as he passed through the iron doors of the Shogun's great hall. The setting sun shimered off the massive table than ran though the center of the room. Decorated with an array of exotic foods, each of which was served on golden platters and accented with foreign silverware, the air of decadence bordered on palpable. At the end of the room sat the one lord above all others, Kamakura Muneyori, dress in slick black and white robes with a silver hem. From his perch in his opulent western throne the old man gave a crooked grin and motioned for the Lord of the Katagami to stand.

"Masaki, my friend. It's been quite some time." His voice had a deep, almost inhumanly smooth tone. It made Masaki's skin crawl. "The other guests should be arriving soon, but I believe we have quite a bit of catching up to do. When the chance arises, of course."

------------------------------------------------

Kyoto

"The lords should be arriving shortly, make sure they have plenty of room to sit."
Emperor Yamato Yamamura commanded his aides without so much as looking up from his war table. The War room was on the whole sparsely decorated save for the planning table that acted as the centerpiece, strewn with a large map of the country and covered with colored wooden blocks representing the various forces of the war and a few scrolls quoting the art of war that hung from the otherwise blank wooden walls.

The emperor himself dressed about as plainly as an emperor at war could. Clad in his usual court attire covered over by pieces of ancient and mostly ceremonial armor. However his sheer imposing build made him seem austere to the point of being almost intimidating regardless.

Shugachi walked into the Oniware tent they had set up as Masaki left for Edo Castle he sighed deeply. Mizuaki who was cleaning her Yari looked up at him with a smile. "What's up Shu-chan seem down about something." Shugachi opened his mouth to speak only for a feminine voice to speak over him. "Ya whoo Mizu-kun, Shu-chan!" Mizuaki sighed along with Shugachi as in walked none other than Tachibana the best archer in Oniware. She waved excited to see her old friends Mizuaki stood up. "Why are you even here?" Tachibana gave her a confused look. "What do you mean after all didn't you guys get thrashed by the Imperial forces Shu-chan's letter for more soldiers asked for people who could take on tough guys. Said you dueled a real tough cookie." Mizuaki grit her teeth. "Well I would've preferred anyone but you." Tachibana stood staring at the duo in silence staring at them.

She pointed to Mizuaki and smiled wide. "Mizu-kun your like a prince." Mizuaki raised an eyebrow at her. "What are you talking about?" Tachibana then finished. "Your just so manly." The word echoed in Mizuaki's mind she dropped to the ground tracing in the ground while mumbling to herself. "It's fine I get it I'm not girly at all. I'm not cute or pretty I even sound and have a guy's name." Shugachi patted her back trying to make her feel better. "That's not true come on snap out of this." Tachibana giggled at Shugachi. "Wow Shu-chan your real nice and so pretty, just like a princess. The definition of a woman." Shugachi fell to the ground next to Mizuaki doing the same as her he muttered as well. "Makes sense I'm not manly at all my skins so soft and my voice is so girly. I'm a disgrace to men everywhere." Tachibana laughed loudly holding her stomach, this was exactly what she missed about these two.

Tsuchimikado

Over the course of the past several months the Tsuchimikado had gone through some major changes and in a way returned to being their true selves. In truth the Tsuchimikado clan wasn't too supportive of their previous leader who was more samurai than on you but he was the direct line of the previous Head and he blinded them with their hatred of the Mibu clan and his reasoning about the defense of the Japanese people. But after the losing the battle of Fukashi Castle they had opened their eyes and exiled Kensei. They then chose a true onmyouji to be their new leader, Tsuchimikado Kouryuu. This man had still kept a focus on using weapons and such but they moved towards still carrying K'riks, talismans, and wearing more onmyouji like clothing. They generally looked more like onmouyji now. They had also returned to the Imperial side after abolishing their overly samurai-ish aspects and their old leader. They received a pardon because after this current age of samurai is over it'll be up to groups loyal to the Emperor to protect Japan.

Now some Onmyouji of the Tsuchimikado Clan walked the streets of Kyoto having travelled from Nijo Castle to the Imperial War Meeting. They had left their subservient clans behind and instead chose to send just Kouryuu and a group of bodyguards of experienced Onmyouji. They were among the first to arrive because they were a small group with a small distance to travel. Kou motioned for most of his bodyguards except for two of them to await him outside. He entered the War Room and first bowed to the Emperor. "Emperor Yamamura, Tsuchimikado Kouryuu has arrived at your behest." He said as he bowed. Then he took a seat to the left side of the Emperor.

Mibu

For several months, there had been a dark haze of yoki around Mibu Castle. The half-bloods and full blooded yokai had an intense period of training focusing on improving their youjutsu(yokai arts). With this excessive use of yoki came an increased amount of residue in the air. Humans have not gone near the castle and only a few weeks ago did that yoki aura lessen.

However the skies of Kyoto seem to darken like a cloud covering the sun and that was from the yoki aura in the air. Suddenly an entire avenue in Kyoto was filled with a dark cloud and plethora of silhouettes within it could be seen, many with inhuman glowing eyes. One of the avenues leading to the main road to the castle was completely tainted by darkness emerging from it was their leader Kyoshirou followed by a sole retainer. It was a few minutes before he arrived in the War Room and bowed to Emperor followed by an intro and a greeting. He took a seat towards the opposite end of the table with his retainer behind him.

Scavenger Scavenger Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi animegirl20 animegirl20 Sopranos Sopranos Dante Verren Dante Verren Blitzer Blitzer Alteras Alteras simj26 simj26 Danoram Danoram SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

V6LoG4y.png

Ueno Ichiro
Time: Day time
Place: Edo Castle

Slowly and gently walked inside Edo castle, the ruler of Iwaki was followed by his two trusted officers Muto and Sasaki. Unlike an ordinary old man, he didn't find a comfortable place to rest. He decided to take a walk in the castle, to see all the faces that had been summoned here along side the Shogun.

First he saw the daimyo of Hitachi, Masaki of the Katagami, a friendly neighbor from the south of Iwaki. A young yet talented man indeed, Ichiro knew his father, a strong yet fair man but sadly died by the hand of his own son. Masaki himself was bold and talented at the same time, he had lands and power too, a man that would not bow down to anyone. Lord Ueno just hoped that they would remained neighbor in the future.

Next it's one of Katagami's retainer, Shirobara Osamu, whom was followed by only his strategist Ito Yukimitsu. Lord Ueno hadn't forgotten the favor that the Shirobara did for them by march their army to aid their siege in the Sukugawa castle. A favor that the Shirobara did for them despite being disobedient to their master clan. Ichiro always rated the Shirobara highly after that, a young and brave commander on the battlefield. However, being under the shadow of the Katagami would made them unable to grow to their high potential. They should've known by now that the Shirobara had already become more than just a swordsmanship school.

Finally, there was the Shogun, Kamakura Muneyori. "Just another scarecrow" - as lord Ueno used to say about the Shogun. Lord Ueno had never respected the shogun as much as he had said when he declared his support to the Shogun. His publicly support to the Shogun was only a reason for him to declare war with the Yamada therefore drove they off his land. Now that's all over, the Shogun and all had no use for the Ueno. Yet now he understood that he couldn't run away from his own words anymore.

Lord Ueno faced the the Shogun, he bowed his head down.

"- I'm Ueno Ichiro from Iwaki, come to see you my lord. I'm deeply apologize for my absence at Chiisagata. We had problem in our own province and had to drive the imperial army in Iwaki (the Yamada) out of my land."

-------------

J5mN0ho.png

Shirobara Osamu
Time: Day time
Place: Edo Castle

While everyone of the Shogun loyalist were in the meeting room with the Shogun, Osamu sat on the waiting room outside. Despite having march more than once for the Shogun's side in last year, Osamu was just only a retainer bellow the Katagami and therefore he wasn't invited inside.

"- Are you mad about the fact that you're here and not inside with the Shogun, my lord ?" - Ito Yukimitsu asked him.

"- No. I'm now a retainer for the Katagami. Therefore my duty is to do what the Katagami tell me to do, and the Shogun decide Katagami's duty. I have no desire to meet the Shogun."

"- Very true my lord."

Lord Tokugawa Armin
His army sat outside of Castle Edo. He himself was riding with his elite body guard made up of a hundred of his family, half demons. He was't quite late yet, so they rode slowly taking in the scenery. It was a magnificent castle really. His eyes drifted over to behind hid party where the Tokugawa Council's representative road. Apparently they didn't trust him enough to even meet the shogun without one of their lackeys. He smirked and closed eyes for a second and let the wind sweep by him, his eyes their normal golden. His eyes didn't change unless he was actively calling on his demon side. The gates of the castle opened for them, and they rode in. Armin dismounted and made his way to the meeting room attended by two of his soldiers along with the representative. He was permitted into the room where he bowed to the Shogun respectfully noting the other Daimyos there. He was the least powerful of the heads of major houses and he knew it.

Ikko Arashi
As the Emperor's own man, he was already in the conference room waiting behind the emperor. Arashi held his Naginata at his side almost casually. His eyes observed the people going to an from the room his ki sense activated for the slightest hint of bloodlust. Assassins were much to common.

Komori Clan

Seven months have passed since the Imperial victory at Fukashi, and The Komori hadn't wasted a second of the time. The Komori Entered into an Agreement with the Ottomo as well as securing a defensive Alliance with there northern Fujimotto neighbors. Within in a few weeks of the first month the Komori rallied there armies and marched south, bringing the Chosokabe who were under assault by the Ottomo to their knees.

With the recent victories in the south of Japan things looked to be going good and it was no surprise when the Emperor called the clans together to meet in Kyoto. Answering the call, Takahiro set out with his younger brother in law Masayoshi and their forces, leaving Takahiro's son to manage and defend the Komori lands.

Komori Takahiro and Hikigaya Masayoshi

Kyoto was always such a wondrous city, even with the dark aura surrounding it the city still felt so alive and powerful. The main road was particularity covered in darkness, one that was not natural. The Komori forces came to a stop before the darkness and Masayoshi cast a currious glance at Takahiro. "Any Idea what that is about?" he asked. Takahiro nodded his head, "I saw the same mist used at Fukashi, it is the work of the Mibu." responded Takahiro. He gave a light tap to his horses side and motioned for only Masayoshi to follow him

The large doors leading to the war room were opened by two guards as the two lords approached. They slowly entered and bowed to the Emperor.
"Komori Takahiro, I have come to answer your call my honorable Emperor." said Takahiro. "Hikigaya Masayoshi, Vassal to the Komori. It is an honor to be in your presence my Emperor." said Masayoshi. Once they received the Emperors signal Takahiro took a seat in one of the chairs on the Emperors right side with Masayoshi standing behind him.

Fujimoto Ayako
Kyoto

Soon after Takahiro entered the room, so did Ayako. Following Takahiro, she bowed and said, "Fujimoto Ayako has come to answer the emperor's call." Once she had gained the emperor's signal, she took a seat near Takahiro. The Komori and Fujimoto had signed an alliance, and had been training together to better use their cavalry and riflemen.

Lord Otomo

His army followed stretching out behind him, now blooded upon mutiple battlefields. They would be a formidable battle force. Lord Otomo allowed himself a small smile. He rode quickly into Kyoto, now wearing a much simpler European robe, covered with fine European mail. This was a war council. His elite guard of swordmen sans riflemen accompanied. He swiftly made his way into the main room and bowed to the Emperor. "I present myself and my forces to the Emperor."

He then raised his head and nodded to Takahiro who he sat on the opposite side off. They had recently parted after conquering the Chosokabe.

Alteras Alteras Dante Verren Dante Verren SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

(anyone who hasn't posted yet or who doesn't have a character in the meeting, don't be afraid to have a character magically already be in the room if you have something to say)

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Sopranos Sopranos Scavenger Scavenger Blitzer Blitzer simj26 simj26
Edo Castle

Masaki nodded to each of the lords as they entered but didn't have the time to speak as Kamakura gave a loud clap, drawing attention to himself alone. Peering down at the gathered lords from his throne, the Shogun nodded with a self-satisfied smirk and stood.

"It's good to have all of you here. It's been far, far too long since we've all been together like this." He said waving his arms dramatically with each word. "Though as many of you have no doubt surmised by now, this is not merely a meeting of pleasantries. Tonight we must also discuss the ongoing threat that the Imperial forces pose. As well as our ultimate plan to destroy them..." He clasped his fist, crushing the air in front of him with an almost deranged grin. "...And restore order to our nation, and her people." He added almost as an afterthought, loosening his imaginary grip.

"But we will have much time to discuss that as the night goes on. For now my friends, please enjoy this buffet I've had prepared for you all." He motioned tot he table at the center of the room. Even this simple request came off more as an order.

Field Marshall Field Marshall animegirl20 animegirl20 Dante Verren Dante Verren Alteras Alteras Blitzer Blitzer loyalwolf loyalwolf Danoram Danoram
Kyoto

"I thank you all for coming." The Emperor looked up and gave a stern nod to his followers as they stood before him. "I apologize for skipping the pleasantries this evening, but we have quite a bit of work to do." He stood and motioned for everyone to come closer before sorting through his collected Intel before arriving on a map of the nation with various markings on it.

"Over the last few months we've won several victories against the Shogunate and its supporters, and their lines are growing weak. Now, with the subjugation of the Chosokabe thanks to lords Komori and Otomo, we have effectively crippled support for the shogunate in the west and I believe it's time we begin setting our eyes on a final victory."

The Emperor motioned to a series of Xs along the southern coast. "over the last few months I've had smaller forces engage in skirmishes along the border wit the aim of identifying the best route for an offensive on Edo itself, after several attempts, I believe we may have found a weak point here in the territory of Mikawa." He pointed to the lands of the Tokugawa. "If we can seize this land, we should be able to quickly storm through Suruga and reach Edo by the end of the year."

Shugachi listened intently as the Shogunate spoke it wasn't anything too awe inspiring just the generic "We must think of a plan." Mizuaki sat clearly bored of the meeting not being used to the setting. The Oniware didn't hold many meeting and any they did Shugachi just told her what had happened in them afterwards. Tachibana though was unlike the other two she wasn't listening interested like Shugachi or being bored to death like Mizuaki. No she was firmly clasping her hands over her mouth as tears were welling up in her eyes. She wasn't sad about anything at all, these tears were pure joy. She had to clasp her mouth in order to not burst out laughing. A few small chuckles escaped her though despite her efforts. Shugachi and Mizuaki shot her a confused look.

Shugachi leaned over and whispered to Tachibana. "Be silent!" Tachibana nodded her head trying hard not to laugh speaking in a muffled small voice. "H'm suhhy h cont holp ut." (Translation I'm sorry I can't help it." Mizuaki now leaned over to her. "What is so funny to you." Tachibana turned only growing in her struggle of holding back a laugh. "Ideals." She managed to squeeze out before almost laughing again. It soon became to much for her and she began to laugh hysterically. "I'm sorry I'm sorry it was just too funny!" She pleaded with Mizuaki and Shugachi who both were glaring at her now. She chuckled a bit before nodding her head to the Shogunte. "I'm very haha sorry."

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Sopranos Sopranos Scavenger Scavenger Blitzer Blitzer simj26 simj26

Komori Takahiro-

Takahiro listened intently to the Emperors words, he knew the Emperor was smart and he was glad that the man was prepared. The fact that the Emperor was using small battles to determine the enemies weak points was a clever strategy. With leadership like that the Shogun fools would be an easy kill. The main problem Takahiro had was the fact that they were going through Mikawa. It was well known that the Tokogawa were no pushovers and just breaking them let alone taking Edo would require a grand strategy along with skill and luck. "Your majesty, If I may ask what is your reasoning for striking Edo this early in the campaign? Would it not be better to break the Shoguns allies in the north and swing south to corner them?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back