• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sengoku Jidai: A Samurai RP

September 1560
Chiisagata Valley, Shogunate Frontline

A contingent of the Shogunate's forces had gathered on one side of the Chiisagata valley. Under orders to capture Fukashi Castle Masaki and the Katagami clan's forces had marched for several days, stopping to meet with several other clans along the way in order to gather support and man power in hopes of an easy victory.

However now that they could see the castle on the horizon Masaki was starting to wonder if it was even possible. Taking a drag from his pipe and idly scratching at a loose bit of his bandages he leafed through the myriad notes and rough maps his scouts had sent back to him.

Fukashi castle was a fortress, built into the side of a mountain and watched over by a positively monolithic statue of the war god Bishamonten. It was only accessible by a pair of long bridges connecting to a nearby hill that were themselves guarded by a smaller fort acting as a gate house. Attacking it head on was tantamount to suicide.

Making matters worse, reports had come in that several Imperial clans had already sent reinforcements to the region and had already clashed with some of the perimeter forces so simply waiting for the castle's garrison to starve to death was becoming less of an option with every passing moment.

The Smart thing to do would be to retreat, Masaki thought as he took another long drag from his pipe. But he wouldn't survive that kind of failure. His enemies were already looking for any angle to depose him and a failure here could be just the angle they needed.

"Hmm." He smirked a bit. Aggravated though he was, this was just another challenge by God and as always, he would conquer it. Setting his pipe down he threw on his surcoat and motioned to his attendants.

"Gather the generals from the other clans. We have much to discuss."

Last edited:
"HOLD FORMATION!" Takahiro's command was followed by the echoing of his words, the sound of marching coming to a halt, then absolute silence. He lightly tapped the sides of his horse to signal the animal to move forwards a few feet before turning around. He was greeted by the sight of five thousand soldiers, all weraing the black armour of the Komori.

a gust of wind caused the Komori and vassal clans banners to flutter in the wind before settling back down. "Behind me lays Fukashi Castle, curren home of our allies and future grave of our enemies. it is here that we shall win the first major battle of the war. The traitorous rabble who support the current Shogun are nothing more then mere moths chasing after a dying flame. I ask each and everyone of you to lend me your aid in this coming battle... not as your current lord... BUT AS YOUR FUTURE SHOGUN!" When Takahiro finished speaking he pumped his right fist into the air and held it there as as the roar of approval from his soldiers washed over him. Yes this was his dream, his desire, his destiny. When this war came to an end it would be the Emperor who would be victorious and Takahiro would be his right hand. "Now follow me! To Fukashi!" He swiftly turned his horse and and set off towards the castle in the distance with his army following behind him.

When his army arrived at the castles gates he was stopped by the closed gates. "Who goes there?" called down one of the guards. "Komori Takahiro, I bring reinforcements and supplies." replied Takahiro. a moment later the gates opened and the Komori forces marched inside. Once inside Takahiro slid off of his horse and was greeted by one of the soldiers. "Deliver a message to whoever is in command of this castle, tell them the lord of the Komori wishes to speak to them."

Fujimoto Ayako

A second army one thousand strong approached the castle just as Komori's army entered the gates. Stopping where the army prior had stood, one could see it was primarily made of mounted cavalry and archers. With them also came carts of supplies. A multitude of banners waved in the air, delineating the vassals that rode with them. Three horses trotted forward, two carrying the banners of the Fujimoto Clan on either side of Fujimoto Ayako.

Responding to the guards, she yelled, "Fujimoto Ayako, we came as soon as we can. We bring supplies and reinforcement." The gates opened, and the force marched forward and joined Takahiro's force. As the supplies were brought out and given to the castle reserves, Fujimoto sent a messenger into the castle and rode forward to where Takahiro stood.

"Lord Takahiro, it is good to see you once again on the battlefield. I am unfamiliar with the commander of this castle, perhaps you could tell me."
Dante Verren Dante Verren

Chosokabe Aegeria
Jekiedi Castle, Kyushu

Jekiedi Castle stood proud in the distance, and before it, on a plain, was assembled the great Chosokabe host. In the castle stood a few Ronin, some disloyal samurai, and their peasent supporters. They constituted the last Imperial stronghold on Kyushu. An herald was sent with a simple message: Surrender, or die. Several hours passed, and no response came. What did come was the attack. The aforementioned ronin and samurai mounted up and charged the Chosokabe camp. Acting quickly, Aegeria gathered a spear line and some archers. They formed a solid wall of yari that the cavalry charged onto, and riddled the attackers with arrows. What followed was a mess as the armed peasents within the castle charged out into a now assembled Chosokabe battle line and were cut down. Within the fortress, a Ronin in charge of this conspiracy had committed seppuku by the time the attackers, Aegeria at their van, entered. With the Chosokabe banner now flying over the castle, the survivng rebels were dispersed. One of Aegeria's retainers approached him
"My lord, a glorious victory has been won today by your forces!"
"I am aware, Chobasi, but is it true victory when so many valiant men of the enemy ran into our spears and our shot for nothing?"
"Perhaps, not, my lord." He nodded solemnly.
"Has the fleet arrived?"
"Yes, my lord, we have recieved word from Toydari."
"Ready the men, disperse garrisons to the cities and order the rest of the army to move to Toydari, we sail for the mainland!" With that, preparations were made to move the army to meet the gathering Chosokabe fleet to take them across the Straights to invade the mainland and do battle for the Shogun and Daimyo.

Dula Alikomo
Location - Fukashi Castle

Dula had found himself wandering on the roads when he happened past the galloping of the Fujimoto army. Pure circumstance had thrown itself at him, but Dula did not feel any reason to pass it by with out consideration. It had been sometime since he happened across one of the Fujimoto clan, he at one time was even given contract to kill a prominent member, but a monstrous fire got to the man before Dula could give him his own merciful dealing of death. To his own recollection the Fujimoto clan was loyal to the emperor due to that fire. "A true shame to die in such pain." Dula thought as he pondered what actions to take. In the end Dula tracked behind the Fujimoto forces, and when they came to the Fukashi Castle Dula presented himself to lowly footmen as a Ronin, loyal to the emperor. Although he dressed in a queer fashion the emblem on his chest piece, of clan Alikomo, succeeded to deceive those around him that he was of a noble clan. Although most footmen did not recognize the sigil, many nobles had recollection of the clan who has lost many sons fighting for the emperor. Trading bows every so often with lowly clan members Dula made his way to the front as the army marched closer and closer to the castle, eventually he set eyes on Fujimoto Ayako and Komori Takahiro. Of Ayako he knew little, only that she was the newly brought forth leader of the Fujimoto clan. As for Komori Takahiro he had a fond memory, Dula was contracted by a wet nurse to protect a boy of thirteen until a civil war within a clan was over, and so Dula did. These two leaders were of utmost importance to Dula. Leaders of the shogunate rebellion were bound to attack the castle and where there is light, insects will come, and a bat is always waiting overhead, prepared to strike.

Romaji mounts his horse, and ready to depart his soldiers make shift camp. There were stationed not far from Fukashi castle and were ready to lead aid when the time comes. Right now he wished to get an understand of their current situation. That's why he and the military heads that serve under him we're going to scout the castle. He had 700 troops with him and 100 combat medics. On top of that his troop bright along plenty of food and medics supplies to last a week.

He made sure that his scouts kept a constant watch for any enemy spies. As he approached the gate, he was stop by a guard and ask his business there. "My name romaji furo. I am the leader of the furo clan and I am here to lend support for the up coming battle." Once he entered, he quickly sent his his military aids to go and help the other clans with preparations. While they did this romaji wanted to assemble those who are in command and figure out a strategy for the up coming battle. His dismounted his horse and went in search of the heads of his allies. He wanted this battle be swift and as painless as possible. After all he wasn't the biggest fan of bloodshed but he was prepared to spill some for the sake of others.

Shogunate Frontline, Chiisagata Valley

The Tsuchimikado Clan forces were among the contingent of Shogunate Armies gathered to attack Fukashi Castle. The first battle of this war and no doubt this would be a trying battle and one that could sway certain currently neutral lords to their cause or sway them away from their cause. Ultimately if the Shogunate takes this castle it would be a message to the Emperor that the Shogun means business. It was very ironic how the Emperor called to samurai to oppose the Shogunate over a conflict involving the existence of samurai. Kensei wondered what is going through the minds of the samurai who are fighting for the Emperor, do they know that they'll be stripped of their culture, dignity, and very much their identity. One commendable thing is if they do know what is going to happen to them if they win, is their undying loyalty to the Emperor.

Kensei looked over at a messenger that had come to inform him of a meeting of the gathered generals. Kensei placed his second in charge and then followed the messenger to the War Council of Shogunate Forces.

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Fukashi Castle

The Mibu Clan had a sort of dark haze about them as they approached the castle, they road on their horses right up to the gates with Kyoshirou Mibu in the front. "Open up, why are these gates closed! How dare you obstruct the arrival of The Mibu Clan!" Kyo yelled to the fortess gates which subsequently opened. As soon as the gates opened that dark aura surrounding the Mibu Clan began to seep into the castle, the Mibu entered the castle and the gates were shut behind them. Kyo slowly trotted on his horse with a smirk upon his face as he glanced at the forces of the other Imperial Clans. "Try not to scare them too bad boys, I'll be back stay out of trouble." Kyo said to his forces before riding off.

Kyo rode up to two other presumed generals who he recognized once he got closer. He climbed down off his horse and approached on foot towards them. "Lord Takehiro and Lady Ayako what a pleasant surprise. Welcome to Fukashi Castle, I believe we should make ourselves at home or rather at rest since we'll be making short work of the Shogunate offensive forces pretty soon. Maybe to let this be a fair fight, my forces should sit out till the battle is deemed to be taking too long."

loyalwolf loyalwolf Alteras Alteras Dante Verren Dante Verren jole875 jole875

Hashimoto Yori

The shogunate forces had set up camp once they reached the valley to allow for easy staging, the camp itself had turned into an excellent example of what occurs when you have many people all trying to impose their own order on a group. The result was small sections of order at the centre of each clans area that dissolved into barely organised chaos at the boundaries not to mention all of the shouting about who got to keep who's horses on the slightly greener area. Yori wandered through the camp basking in the chaos a large smile covering his face, as he moved through he was tempted to cause some truly magnificent pranks however he may have made one mistake in his choice of side. He forgot that in larger conflicts many more major clans came together to strike at larger targets and so now he was forced to use even less power than normal because the Tsuchimikado had joined this force. Still at the moment he was on the edge of the Katagami clans camp and so the small illusion of a box baring the neighbouring clans marking that was perfectly positioned to trip someone over was very unlikely to be noticed. Finally he reached the head of the camp where he could look out and see the castle that his commander wished to attack and shook his head as his face fell, even if they did take it the battle would be bloody. A small grin worked it's way back onto his face as he thought of the battle, life may be lost but the dance, that would be excellent.

Last edited:
Komori Takahiro

As Takahiro stood with his arms crossed waiting for the soldier to return with a reply or for the commander to appear a familiar female voice called out to him. Takahiro turned to see a welcomed sight indeed. The Fujimoto Calvary was a was an impressive group of fighters and their commander Lady Ayako was a fierce warrior. "Lady Ayako, I must apologize. I do not know who the lord of the castle is but I have already sent my request to meet with them. You are welcome to wait with me if you wish."

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a certain movement that caught his attention. Takahiro turned to look at the man who resembled a ronin, one that seemed very familiar. Suddenly the memory clicked in his head and a light smirk crossed his face, Takahiro hadn't seen that man since the Hikigaya civil war. He was one of the hired protectors of his brother in law Masayoshi.

A moment later the gates opened once more and in marched probably his least favorite of the pro-imperial clans, the Mibu. Takahiro would not deny that the Mibu are superb fighters, but that doesn't mean he has to like them. Their leader dismounted and came over to where he and Ayako were standing. Kyo was going on about a fair fight, what an idiot. Takahiro raised his hand to point straight at Kyo, the annoyance clear on his face. "Listen well Kyoshirou Mibu. You are a fool! This is a battle against mere lambs who think them selves mighty enough to stand against dragons. A fair fight has no place here for my rifles, the Fujimoto horses, and your Mibu warriors will tear these lambs to shreds and show the world what the price of a meaningless rebellion is!"
Alteras Alteras Field Marshall Field Marshall loyalwolf loyalwolf jole875 jole875

Last edited:
Fujimoto Ayako

Still on her horse, Ayako gave him a pleasant smile, showing that she would wait with him. "And so we shall. I take it you've prepared for the possibility of a siege? Or do you intend to meet the enemy head on..." As she followed his line of sight, her words trailed off until she saw what looks to be a ronin, one that she wasn't familiar with, but the emblem on his chest seems to speak to one of ancient and prestigious power. Perhaps she could ask Takahiro in private.

The gates opened and she joined Takahiro in facing the newcomer's leader. After the two have spoken their words of greatness, she decided she should probably interject. "Lord Kyoshirou, greetings to you as well. I don't think war has ever been fair, I must agree with Lord Takahiro's command of punishment against those who stand on the other side of the valley. Oh! Hold on." She turned and waved forward one of her commanders. "Have the cavalry be on standby outside the castle and send scouts out. Evaluate the enemy's strength." With a bow, the commanders ran off and her forces moved as such. Among the movement, she saw the bright purple-red like hair walking aimlessly around. From her mounted position, he should be able to spot her. "Lord Romaji!" She shouted. Once she was she sure that he was within earshot of their conversation, she continued.

"Now, where were we? Ah yes, about the fight, perhaps we should establish our positions in the command. We are certainly equals here, commanding very different aspects of a combined force, but I doubt that this castle's commander is going to be commanding us, especially when he's taking this long to meet the lives of those volunteering to bolster his defense. So how will we be working together?"

Dante Verren Dante Verren Field Marshall Field Marshall loyalwolf loyalwolf jole875 jole875

Lordvader59 Lordvader59 Field Marshall Field Marshall Scavenger Scavenger

The first of his allies to arrive was that of lord Tsuchimikado Kensei. The Onmyoji. Masaki had found it curious that the mystics had thrown in their lot with the Shogun's forces, as by all accounts they would have the least to lose in a world without samurai. To this end he had been keeping a wary eye on them ever since they had joined with the coalition force, going so far as to have a handful of spies keep tabs on any strange movements or outgoing messages, but alas it had amounted to nothing. With a light scoff he brushed away the thoughts. By the end of this battle the mystic's true loyalties would be unquestionable in any case, so he open his arms and welcomed the young lord.

"Lord Tsuchimikado." He said in his usual hoarse, but controlling tone.

"It's an honor to have the your clan's Onmyouji join us on this campaign, with your magic at our disposal we might just have a chance of cracking this fortress." He drew from his pipe and blew a cloud beside them.

Dula turned away and continued into the castle as he felt the prowling eyes of the generals upon him. It was not unlike him to stir clear of conversation with high nobility, for they weren't fools like the common soldier, they'd have questions. Inside the castle Dula felt a somewhat disheartening feeling, men preparing themselves for death, drinking enough sake to dull the pain of wounds they had endured, boys taking up weapons to fight, the tugging of his remnant's memories always had an effect on him. Dula walked through the shabby tents, looking over their supplies and stocks. Enough weapons to equip an army twice the size and enough food to hold out for a fortnight. Had the circumstances been worse Dula might have rode out with the speed of a phoenix and attacked the siege encampment, but waiting for the shogun's generals to get close was his best bet at completing the contract quickly. The thought was pondered over and over in Dula's mind, if he rode out to the siege camp he might be able to kill the generals, but the siege could still occur, and those loyal to the emperor may face the blade, this compelled Dula to continue searching the castle. A complete defensive would minimize casualties, atleast while he was cutting the feet out from under those that would besiege the castle.

Komori Takahiro and Lord Fuka

dd809ea9b96587541fce1b5e34c91ed8.jpg

Just as Takahiro was about to respond to Ayako the doors to the inner castle opened suddenly. A man dressed in blue robes flanked by two samurai with the Fuka clan symbol on their chest peices emerged from the doors heading directly for the group of generals. The group of stopped a little bit away from the generals.
"My apologies for my tardiness my lords and lady. You may call me Lord Fuka" He gave them a very slight bow of apology. "Lord Komori, Lord Mibu, and Lady Fujimoto would you please accompany me. We have much to discuss. That applies to you as well Lord Furo!" Not waiting for a reply the man turned around headed back inside.

Takahiro turned to one of his men and told them to get the army situated while he was gone. The soldier nodded and rushed off to follow his command. Looking back at the other lords for a moment he gestured for them to follow before entering the building.

The interior of the castle was much more hectic than the courtyards. Soldiers, servants, and messengers scurried back and forth as the hurried to complete their task. As they passed one room Takahiro caught a glance of a group of children hiding behind a sliding door watching them with both fear and curiosity. The kids probably knew what was going on outside and they probably knew what would happen to them if the defenses fell.

Lord Fuka came to a stop at one of the bigger doors and one of the samurai stepped forwards and opened the door for him. now that the door was open Lord Fuka stepped inside followed by his guards and Takahiro. Inside the room was a detailed map of Fukashi castle and the nearby area, ontop of the map sat multiple blue and red figures mostly likely marking the two forces, and around the map sat multiple chairs. Lord Fuka sat down on the chair at the head of the table and gestured for the lords to sit. Takahiro silently took a seat on the chair to the mans left.

Alteras Alteras Field Marshall Field Marshall loyalwolf loyalwolf

Walking at a slower pace, Romaji noticed the head of the castle asking for all four of the Lords to follow him. He continued to walk at his slow pace, making sure to assess the castle's interior and also his fellow commanders. Once inside, he took a seat a little bit of a distance between him the rest of the group. It was then that he finally addressed everyone. “Hello lord Takashio, lord Kyoshirou, lord Fuka and lady Ayako. I Wish our meeting was in better taste.” He had only meet with Ayako a couple times before and never meet the other three men, but because of his education and information from his advisors, he was easily able to identify them by their clan symbols. Though they seemed a bit too prideful for his liking and a bit too eager for battle. Romaji had to be mindful of his tone and show respect like he was taught. “I think it’s important that we not underestimate our enemy. That very well could lead to the death of many noble warriors. As for leadership, it's important that we take into account each clan specialty and dividing up the reasonability to suit the flow of battle. Also, I suggest we go over a strategy for how we wish to approach the upcoming battle. After all, going in blind and without coordination will make us look sloppy and give the enemy a morale boost. Plus, news will spread and cause the people’s faith to move towards the enemy.” Romaji spoke with an assertiveness but also graceful tone. This would be one of the first major battle in this war and they are going to want to have momentum on their side as this war drags on. The way the Furo approached war was very methodical and clinical. They didn’t take any enjoyment out of war and didn’t how any passion either. “Right now, we have a large army within the walls of the castle. Also, I have my main troops station not far from the castle, along with medical assistance.” He pointed to the location of his camp. “I have scouts watching and guarding the back end of the territory. Right now, the option for the enemy is either to trying and siege the cast, starving us out by blocking access to the roads or waiting for us to come to them. Now the question is what are we going to do as a counter measure?” Alteras Alteras Field Marshall Field Marshall Dante Verren Dante Verren

Fukashi Castle

Sheesh and I thought yokai can be harsh, these guys didn't even entertain the idea of fair fight. "So be it, back to the original plan of just making short work of the enemy." Kyo responded. His attention was drawn to Lord Fuka as he arrived and bid everyone into the castle War Room. Kyoshirou folloeed the precession of generals inside and took a seat on the right side of the table with an empty chair between him and Lord Fuka. Lord Furo wasted no time in laying out the situation which seemed to detail a siege is imminent, Kyo smirked at the prospect of siege defense would be the Mibu clan's first time doing such a thing. Of course the Mibu would be more suited to leading raids on the enemy camp and putting the fear of the Mibu in their forces to the point where they flee the valley. Of course Kyo would let the other lords voice their ideas first, hopefully one of them would volunteer to spearhead a counter offensive.
loyalwolf loyalwolf Alteras Alteras Dante Verren Dante Verren jole875 jole875

Chiisagata Valley

"
Thank you Lord Katagami, we hope to be of excellent use with our unconventional tactics. We hope to bring a swift and decisive end to the battle and take the castle for the Shogunate. Though I myself am not as skilled in Onmyodo as some of the Onmyouji who serve under me allow me to lead the offensive on the castle to secure a way in for our forces. I will let my more skilled onmyouji hang back as to not reveal the true extent of their power so early in this war." Kensei replied. He figured he could create stone ramps that lead up over the walls of the castle, or maybe punch holes in the side of the castle walls and create bridges leading into those holes.

He would however wait for reports back from his shikigami and the shikigami of the other Onmyouji so he can evaluate all of his options.

Honoko and her reinforcements had just arrived. She rode on a white horse with her bodyguard, Hisamune, beside her. As they reach the gates the guard asked who it was. One of the soldiers responded and the moment the guard heard the name he quickly opened the gate to let them in. Once they were inside everything began to be unload and Honoko, not getting off her horse yet, looked around. She really didn't want to be here but she kind of had to be. She then noticed something. "Wait did everyone already go in?" She asked to herself. She glanced around again. "I am late." She said flustered. She was usually good at keeping a calm face but she hated being the last one to arrive. "Asato help off this horse and hurry, I think they went inside already!" What she thinking on getting such a big horse. She had to have help getting on and off the darn thing.

Attachments

• Okuni.jpg
    Okuni.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Fujimoto Ayako

Ahh, there goes my ability to say people's given names. Well, I guess we shouldn't be fooling around right now. Ayako thought to herself, as she dismounted. She handed to the reins of her horse Miki to one of her attendants and joined the procession into the castle. Walking down the halls, Ayako looked at everything that passed by and noted small meaningless details. In her mind, Ayako had enter the home of a person who would've certain done a fair bit of traveling in his time, perhaps he might have some souvenirs or something of the like from his adventures.

To her dismay, the trip down the hall ended as they entered the war room. She took her seat one away from Takahiro. Slowly her face grew serious, almost as if now she had grasped the severity of the situation as Romaji spoke. In truth, Ayako was relieved that he had considered the battle beforehand and is not the only one taking precautions. "We are in a valley, and this castle stands in the middle of it. Unless they have a force behind us, they have to either climb the mountains or push our lines beyond the castle to truly cut us off. Even if they do block our paths, we should have enough to force a breakthrough at any given point, if they aren't already at the castle gates." She spoke while pointing out the multiple roads around the place. "However, it is as Lord Furo stated, we should move to prevent a complete siege from occurring. The thought of five eagles being kept in a single cage might be a bit too embarrassing to entertain. Likewise, with the number of men we have, we should at least engage in proper battle. Especially considering the composition of our forces."

She had brought her cavalry forces and had no intention of losing it all without a fight. For them to be of effective use, they should use the area to their advantage and not be kept inside the walls. She should've given the orders to move the cavalry up the mountains and across the sides of the valleys, but she'll have to make that order once the meeting ended.
Dante Verren Dante Verren loyalwolf loyalwolf Field Marshall Field Marshall

Shugachi and Mizuaki walked side by side as they had been called for by Masaki. The duo had been asked to represent the mercenary group as "generals" for the group. Oniware did not use terms or have ranks such as generals or captains. Rank was judged by experience and strength alone if one did not like something one said they had all right to object. As long as they had an idea of their own and the strength to back it up they could get their way. Shugachi kept his eyes wandering around watching the others around while Mizuaki who was the more 'social" one spoke. "Lord Masaki we heard you had called for us?" Mizuaki was the tougher looking of the two and thus left in charge of the talks. While Shugachi always was seen as frail or simply just not experienced in the idea of war.

He also liked to avoid being mistaken as just a girl with a pretty face trying to sound smart. Since he wasn't just a pretty face nor a girl Mizuaki felt the same way sometimes. Shugachi's eyes fell onto the castle it seemed like it'd be hard to get in he thought of the idea of using a small unit to sneak in but that seemed almost impossible as well. Mizuaki wasn't all about the idea of the war for things like ideals and the bettering of the world. She was getting paid and a chance to help out her family which she gladly accepted. As long as Shugachi and her family asked of her to help she indeed would.

Komori Takahiro and Lord Fuka

The two men remained silent as each lord took their turn to speak. Figuring out a good plan that met everyone approval would be tough, especially considering each of the lords had their own way of fighting. " I have with me 3,500 Infantry men, 250 horsemen, 1,000 archers, and 250 rifles. Everyone of those men are trained to fight with equal skill in night and day meaning a night time assault would be nothing but suicide for are enemies. This likely means that they will try and push a battle sometime during the day. If we can win those day time battles with minimal casualties on our side then we can conduct numerous night raids on the enemy camp with my men at the spear head of the raids." Takahiro rubbed the bottom of his chin in thought as his eyes examined the map in front of him. That still left the question of who would lead the day time battles.

"Not only does this land belong to myself but it belongs to the emperor as well and I will be damned if I see it fall into the hands of these rebels. I will have a quarter of my forces act as defenders of the castle while the rest will partake in the main battles. My scouts have given me reports that the banners of the Tsuchimikado have been spotted in the enemy camp. Those blasted demon hunters will make our defense much harder." Lord Fuka sighed heavily. This would not be an easy win.
Alteras Alteras Field Marshall Field Marshall loyalwolf loyalwolf

Asato Hisamune

"Of course my lady." Said Hisamune as he quickly dismounted his horse. He quickly handed Ransu over to one of the soldiers behind him and then walked over to Honoko's horse. "My lady, next time I ask you to take a smaller horse I would appreciate it if you listened to me." he said as he held out his arms for her to slide into them, a I told you so look on his face. Of course he knew she probably wouldn't listen to his council the next time either. She had a habit of ignoring his advise on matters that weren't life or death. Despite that he would always offer his advice, even if it was unwanted or ignored.
animegirl20 animegirl20

View attachment 306229

She rolled her eyes. "Well at the time it seemed like a good idea. Besides she's my favorite. Also your just saying that cause you get tired of helping me on and off." She slid into his arms and let him help her off. Once she was on the ground she glanced up at him and realized he was in her personal space. "Personal space Asato." She then turned around and headed inside the castle. "Come on I'm late enough as it is."

Asato Hisamune

"Personal space Asato" He murmured in a mocking voice. "If you don't want me to disrupt your personal space then stop riding the horse that requires me to help you off it." he murmured again. A few muffled chuckles from behind him meant that he wasn't quiet enough and that a few of the soldiers heard him. letting out a small sigh he turned around and grabbed Ransu, leaning the weapon against his shoulder he hurried to catch up to his master, leaving enough room for her to have her personal space but close enough for him to grab her and pull or push her out of the way of something if need be.
animegirl20 animegirl20

Romaji nodded his head as everyone spoke their opinions and gave their advice. Out of all of them, he found Takashiro’s words the most appealing. “That very well could work, lord takashiro. My men are trained in sword fighting, unarmed combat and most are trained as combat medics. We are best suited for large scale day battle and leading support during recovery periods. Thus, the night raid and protection of the castle aren’t exactly the best choice for them.” When it comes to combat, my men can hold their own with the best of them, but the true power of my army is being able to keep others alive and keeping our number more than the enemy. Romaji looked at the map and tried to study it for finding the best place for battle. “As for the location of the daytime battle. We want a healthy distance from the castle built at the same time not too far away. He wants to have castle nearby in case we need to tactically retreat and so we can transport the wounded easily. At the same time, we don’t want to be pin down in front of the caste because that will limit our movements.” Alteras Alteras Field Marshall Field Marshall Dante Verren Dante Verren

Fujimoto Ayako

Ayako pointed toward the map. "If we want to give us some room to retreat, it's best to do it out in the middle of the valley. Of course this means that we'd be on flat terrain until one side gives way. I have about 350 mounted swordsmen and 50 mounted archers, 200 archers, and 400 footmen. My cavalry will be of little use on the front lines if they bring out arquebuisers, so I recommend that we best utilize them as a flanking force or a quick response reinforcement. Our horses are well suited for mountainous terrain, if the flow of the battle does move to such a location." Pulling back her hand and into her seat, Ayako let out a sigh. "I'll leave the nighttime raids to you, my cavalry will be round up those who flee."
loyalwolf loyalwolf Field Marshall Field Marshall Dante Verren Dante Verren

View attachment 306315

Honoko glanced back at him hearing what he said. She then took out her fan covered her face. "Whatever I have my reasons." She said mumbling to herself. She then spoke louder so he could hear her. "You keep that up and I might fire you." She said smirking. She would never do it but it fun to tease him. Once they were inside she asked a maid to lead them to Lord Fuka. Once they got to the room the maid walked in first. "Lord Fuka, Lady Honoko of the Tanaka clan is here." Honoko walked in and closed her fan. She smiled then nodded her head to everyone. "Sorry, I'm late." She then sat down, and motioned Hisamune to stand behind her. Once she was sat down she glanced around at everyone. Honoko really didn't know these people, she really only had ever seen their faces once. Luckily, she had good memory for names and she could place who was who. "Hope I didn't miss much."
Alteras Alteras
loyalwolf loyalwolf
Field Marshall Field Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back