• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Seiunita's Planning Thread

That's some of the more bigger shortcomings of this RP: lack of players. Especially so since the setting requires tens and thousands of players.

That is not a problem, we only require skilled players that have experience micro-managing NPCs. And we only need to control key players to the conflict...

But then I keep thinking about the thousands of soldiers involved in an army, and there are not just soldiers following the army... there's a baggage train that carries all the goods... then there are so many merchants selling their goods to the soldiers while there are many camp followers doing all sorts of things for the soldiers as they march to war.

Then there are the hundreds of lords in Elysium who have conflicting ideologies and loyalties, and below them is their court of vassals, their functionaries helping manage the bureaucratic nightmare of managing hundreds of communities in an estate, and the adventures of their knights and how they constantly get into trouble.

And we're still not diving into the lives of the peasants! What about the few slaves left in Elysium? What about the tales of the beggars roaming the streets? What about the tale of the plague doctor hunting down rodents and establishing the first public healthcare system? What about the tales of the demon hunters, monster hunters, and bounty hunters banding together under a guild to rid the world of evil beasts? What about the tale of a woman falling in love with a demon? What about the tale of a father struggling to feed his family of six children? What about them? Damn it.

So many stories...

So many things to talk about...

And I'm so sad that I have trouble just following one of their stories...

We don't need thousands of players in this roleplay, we need millions.

That is not a problem, we only require skilled players that have experience micro-managing NPCs. And we only need to control key players to the conflict...

But then I keep thinking about the thousands of soldiers involved in an army, and there are not just soldiers following the army... there's a baggage train that carries all the goods... then there are so many merchants selling their goods to the soldiers while there are many camp followers doing all sorts of things for the soldiers as they march to war.

Then there are the hundreds of lords in Elysium who have conflicting ideologies and loyalties, and below them is their court of vassals, their functionaries helping manage the bureaucratic nightmare of managing hundreds of communities in an estate, and the adventures of their knights and how they constantly get into trouble.

And we're still not diving into the lives of the peasants! What about the few slaves left in Elysium? What about the tales of the beggars roaming the streets? What about the tale of the plague doctor hunting down rodents and establishing the first public healthcare system? What about the tales of the demon hunters, monster hunters, and bounty hunters banding together under a guild to rid the world of evil beasts? What about the tale of a woman falling in love with a demon? What about the tale of a father struggling to feed his family of six children? What about them? Damn it.

So many stories...

You do realize that I HAVE RPed as an entire nation before. And I had roughly 12 named characters in that nation with their own personalities and agendas.

It was not fun.

So many stories...

Ah, that many players would make coherent posts really difficult :P

You do realize that I HAVE RPed as an entire nation before. And I had roughly 12 named characters in that nation with their own personalities and agendas.

It was not fun.

That was you.

So many stories...

And economics! WE BARELY EVEN SCRATCHED THE SURFACE HERE PEOPLE.

We talked about merchants before, right? We were so excited about them, but we don't know how the fuck they trade. Sure--

*Gets interrupted*

Damn.

That was you.

And economics! WE BARELY EVEN SCRATCHED THE SURFACE HERE PEOPLE.

We talked about merchants before, right? We were so excited about them, but we don't know how the fuck they trade. Sure--

*Gets interrupted*

Damn.
Hey buddy, did you just insult me trying to be interesting in a somewhat bland RP? I was literally doing what you and Ele are doing.

Ah it's just one question, check it.
Yo shadowz1995 shadowz1995 , just how prevalent is magic in the kingdoms?

Also if you were here right now I'd thunk you, I know I take my time sometimes but I'm always gonna deliver on what I promise.
Prevalent? Very. Like I said, not everyone is born woth magic and there are multiple factors that decide what kind of magic you get and how powerful it is but Id say its about a 50/50. Commoners have it but the way its used is for "common" things.

Magic being used for combat is actually a rarity since most people arent fighters. Even then, most people arent able to do much with it beyond a few simple attacks or gimmicks to gain the upper hand. The REALLY powerful stuff is usually why people are in charge at the top. They were born with the talent. "Blessed" by magic. Hence they rule and hence they are royals.

Now, others can be born with power that rivals royals elsewhere. But thats a 1 in a million case.

Prevalent? Very. Like I said, not everyone is born woth magic and there are multiple factors that decide what kind of magic you get and how powerful it is but Id say its about a 50/50. Commoners have it but the way its used is for "common" things.

Magic being used for combat is actually a rarity since most people arent fighters. Even then, most people arent able to do much with it beyond a few simple attacks or gimmicks to gain the upper hand. The REALLY powerful stuff is usually why people are in charge at the top. They were born with the talent. "Blessed" by magic. Hence they rule and hence they are royals.

Now, others can be born with power that rivals royals elsewhere. But thats a 1 in a million case.
Thankee!

It's just a suggestion, but if you guys are really planning for a large scale RP with rich lore and stuff, you guys should consider turning this into a hosted project.

It's just a suggestion, but if you guys are really planning for a large scale RP with rich lore and stuff, you guys should consider turning this into a hosted project.
You mean me and juju right? Cuz those two lunatics go off in their own worlds from time to time

That we will consider.

You mean me and juju right? Cuz those two lunatics go off in their own worlds from time to time

Don't trust Juju. Last I saw her, the longest length of her world-building was about a single line or so.

And we're not lunatics; we're certified geniuses, both in the literary realm, and in the real world.

Heh...now that I think about it......

No use trying to teach you punks... No use at all...

That we will consider.

Don't trust Juju. Last I saw her, the longest length of her world-building was about a single line or so.

And we're not lunatics; we're certified geniuses, both in the literary realm, and in the real world.

No use trying to teach you punks... No use at all...
Because she does the world building with me behind the scenes. She practically drew up the entire archdemon biology lol. Now, that aside, what have you guys come up with so far

Because she does the world building with me behind the scenes. She practically drew up the entire archdemon biology lol. Now, that aside, what have you guys come up with so far

We practically just got here, nothing coherent yet.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow
Nogoodname Nogoodname
shadowz1995 shadowz1995

I think we should change the theme of the RP from action, adventure, fun to extreme economics. Like everything is related to money, gold, and finances, even if the connection is implausible at best.

No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back