• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Seiunita OOC

I think this 'politicking' has driven us from the goal of the RP; the world is at war.

AND NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER.

Thus that is why I have created the FK to be like it is now.

Post shall initialize shortly.

You can buy armor, then enchant it, I don't see how that'd be an issue unless you're trying to be all elfy and sing your enchantments in as it's being made because elves are weird.

*face palm*

You're more useless in politics. If you give everybody magical armour that only, for some reason, greatbows can pierce, it will prove to be extremely dangerous to the government and the economy. And it will make things a hella lot more easier for Jean.

As for why they're useful I know exactly why, they're mobile, easy to set up and take down, quiet and can be deployed anywhere without having to worry about finding stable ground, essentially a middle point between the standard archer and a heavy ballista, we just got so caught on on magic armor bullshit.

And why would people need them? Magic armour side. Price vs. Range, again.

It would be more cheaper to have irregulars fitted with longbow units. And it would be more dangerous. It would only serve well on mountain borders, not extensively craggy regions, nor hilly regions.

I think this 'politicking' has driven us from the goal of the RP; the world is at war.

AND NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER.

Thus that is why I have created the FK to be like it is now.

Post shall initialize shortly.

Politics is a necessary evil. The world just doesn't automatically go to war, and even the orcs do politics. Or else, it would be a warhammer-esque situation, where everybody's trying to reach for their throats because they're a pestilence. Many, many factors. Consider them all. Politics - very necessary.

*face palm*

You're more useless in politics. If you give everybody magical armour that only, for some reason, greatbows can pierce, it will prove to be extremely dangerous to the government and the economy. And it will make things a hella lot more easier for Jean.

I never said that everyone's gonna have magic armor that only greatbows can pierce, I'm simply saying that magic armor of varying strengths should definitely be a common occurrence. I mean, just think about it, you're a footman going to war, you don't wanna die, you get your armor and hey your cousin is a mage he knows some basic stuff, or you go to your priest to have it blessed, it may stop like one sword blow but hey it's something! I was just trying to argue that magic armor may be more common than you think it is, which is where the added strength of a greatarrow could come in handy.

And why would people need them? Magic armour side. Price vs. Range, again.

It would be more cheaper to have irregulars fitted with longbow units. And it would be more dangerous. It would only serve well on mountain borders, not extensively craggy regions, nor hilly regions.
Really? Mountain borders? Like, you know, where the Elysium capital sits right now? On top of a mountain?

And they're useful because of their strength and range over the common longbow, the added power allows them to shoot much further and take down stronger targets in less time than the average longbow, which is kind of helpful if you consider that one of the kingdoms strongest enemies is a kingdom of literal demons.

I never said that everyone's gonna have magic armor that only greatbows can pierce, I'm simply saying that magic armor of varying strengths should definitely be a common occurrence. I mean, just think about it, you're a footman going to war, you don't wanna die, you get your armor and hey your cousin is a mage he knows some basic stuff, or you go to your priest to have it blessed, it may stop like one sword blow but hey it's something! I was just trying to argue that magic armor may be more common than you think it is, which is where the added strength of a greatarrow could come in handy.

That's the thing. Trade guilds won't allow a middleman. Someone enchants their armour and sells them at a higher price and in bulk. The government and the church won't do it — it gives the peasantry too much power, and it undermines humility. Not to mention that the summer fae are already in a strained position.

Considering the dynamic, magic armours should be rare, greatbow units should be sparse.

Really? Mountain borders? Like, you know, where the Elysium capital sits right now? On top of a mountain?

Crags. Like I said, irregulars work best in uneven terrains such as the capital. I'm talking about the mountainous ranges in the northern lands.

And they're useful because of their strength and range over the common longbow, the added power allows them to shoot much further and take down stronger targets in less time than the average longbow, which is kind of helpful if you consider that one of the kingdoms strongest enemies is a kingdom of literal demons.

They have the ballistas for that. They're stationed all over the walls, and fortresses, and they're better suited to taking down lycans, flight beasts, and other such tanks. The rest, goblins and skeletons, are too much of a mook to waste money on.

Politics is a necessary evil. The world just doesn't automatically go to war, and even the orcs do politics. Or else, it would be a warhammer-esque situation, where everybody's trying to reach for their throats because they're a pestilence. Many, many factors. Consider them all. Politics - very necessary.

There has been four, COUNT'EM, four pages of IC, and nobody has said "I declare war on..."

I came to this RP because there was going to be fighting. I made the orks specifically for fighting. I am arguing against this political stagnancy for fighting. It needs to happen at some point, and that point needs to be very soon.

Every other kingdom is so focused on keeping peace, plotting, and urging FK to be peaceful for 4 pages. The prologue is done, I say it is time for men to be proven in combat against other men. Or women, or vampires, or orks, or whatever suits your fancy. It's incredibly tiresome to see a entire post that summed up, is "I went for a nice walk outside, and met X and Y. I thought and said INSERT EMOTION HERE, and I walked with/away (from) them."

Yes, it is very cool to see displays of power and to watch the petals slowly unfold on a master plan, but eventually, somebody kills Franz Ferdinand, and sooner rather than later, it'll happen, and if nobody wants to start this, it'll be me.

There has been four, COUNT'EM, four pages of IC, and nobody has said "I declare war on..."

I came to this RP because there was going to be fighting. I made the orks specifically for fighting. I am arguing against this political stagnancy for fighting. It needs to happen at some point, and that point needs to be very soon.

Every other kingdom is so focused on keeping peace, plotting, and urging FK to be peaceful for 4 pages. The prologue is done, I say it is time for men to be proven in combat against other men. Or women, or vampires, or orks, or whatever suits your fancy. It's incredibly tiresome to see a entire post that summed up, is "I went for a nice walk outside, and met X and Y. I thought and said INSERT EMOTION HERE, and I walked with/away (from) them."

Yes, it is very cool to see displays of power and to watch the petals slowly unfold on a master plan, but eventually, somebody kills Franz Ferdinand, and sooner rather than later, it'll happen, and if nobody wants to start this, it'll be me.
Hey. When you just finished a godforsaken war, people don't go around starting a new one.

There's the matter of severity, pathos and poignancy. Declaring war in less than fifty pages will flip this RP 'round.

I came to this RP because there was going to be fighting. I made the orks specifically for fighting. I am arguing against this political stagnancy for fighting. It needs to happen at some point, and that point needs to be very soo

Yes, we can see that. The orks do absolutely nothing except fight. All of them. No use making one, cause he'll be exactly the same.

Look, man, hundred pages minimum. There needs to be tension, political upheavals, the quiet cloak-and-dagger stuff, before the climax.

If you want FK to get razed by everyone.

Okee Dokee.

So, do you have any plans for him?
I would like to read more of the extra's and character's personal history's when i'm not so exhausted, but yes I have plans regardless before I even begin. He's going to be very politically/diplomatically involved and a lot of that will be through character development, as it stands now he has close to none as his specialty has been in assassination's, espionage, sabotage, etc.. He hasn't committed what he would've heard to memory he's more simply just done what he's been told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back