• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking modern fantasy OC 1x1's!

Peripeplep

Roleplayer Bio & Rules!-College student; don't be surprised if I'm busy for a few days!
-UTC−08:00 timezone; make sure our times can decently align!
-Post lengths should at least be a paragraph! Sometimes I write posts up to 3 long paragraphs and sometimes I stick to short single paragraphs. Depends on what the situation calls for, but at least hit the minimum!
-Proper English spelling and grammar, please! No text talk, complete sentences please!
-I prefer to roleplay in Discord, but we can RP through direct messaging here on the forums if necessary.
- I really like to talk with my partner about what we want out of the RP. And even interject once we start! Communication is key!
-Always let me know of any concerns you have in the RP!

Roleplay Genre Specifics!"Modern fantasy" sounds way too vague and is open to a lot of interpretation. I'm specifically looking for roleplay settings where people with powers are EXTREMELY common place and technology has a bit of sci-fi appeal to match such powers. Cities are still like real life cities and technology found in real life would be found in these worlds as well. Television, internet, radio, etc.

Examples of some fictional series that fit the modern fantasy I'm looking for include Hunter x Hunter, RWBY, and Boku no Hero Academia. I don't want to roleplay these fandoms though! I only want to RP with original characters!

I specifically DO NOT want to roleplay anything where the superpowered people have to hide among normal people!

Other than that, I don't mind what kind of stuff we roleplay in the setting. However I'm more particular to romance, action, and adventure!

My Original Characters!Rather than offering plots, I have a bunch of original characters with fleshed out personalities that I like to choose for roleplaying, and then I'd like to brainstorm the plot with my partner so that we can get something that is fitting for both of our characters!

I don't like having my characters' names out in the public; each one will go by a codename in this post! Don't worry, they'll have actual names during the RP! All of my characters are drawn, either cartoonish or closer to anime or even comics. None of my characters have realistic-styled pictures.

Parts of my characters' backstories can be changed depending on what character or plot you have in mind; they're quite malleable! These are only snippets of my characters; they are NOT a full explanation of them.

CHARA 01 - AnarchyAnarchy is a pansexual woman with a penchant for community service. She carries a calm and collected demeanor about her, humble yet strong in her speech. Distraught with the ideas of capitalism, she prefers spending time in small towns and helping them become self-sufficient in the most reasonable ways possible. Ironically, she struggles with her hidden sadistic side, and her powers of gaining strength by witnessing others' pain doesn't help either. Being a traveling field nurse is a blessing for the injured that encounter her, but one may be better off unconscious lest you want to see her face while she fixes you up!

CHARA 02 - HomeHome is a heartwarming, caring, and motherly woman with a slight childish innocence when exposed to girly hobbies. Despite all this, she has a background of being a fierce guardian of fox-people firebenders. Such people carry various traits of foxes on their body, and Home proudly shows off her fox tail as homage to her heritage. She was fiercely divorced from the village when an encounter with beasts tore off her legs she so depends on for firebending. A military research facility took her in and trained her with advanced prosthetics that still allow her to channel her fire. The research team was like a second family to her, but Home had been gone from her village for so long that she's now left with the strange outside world with little preparation.

CHARA 03 - JournalJournal is a gay man that can quite accurately be summed up as a bitter wallflower. He prefers to spend his time around people, watching from a distance and being surrounded by their nonsense chit-chat, but he hates the idea of interacting with them unless they contain valuable information for his muckraking or they're THAT damn interesting. His tongue is as sharp and biting as the dark coffee he drinks every morning, and he loves exposing the truth of corrupt companies with the intent of tearing them down. Infiltration is easy for him as his powers allow him to manipulate the perception of those he maintains eye contact with. Not that he has a heart of justice; he gets paid hefty sums of cash from opposing companies, but at the same time, he's not one to lie. Journal is very prideful of his writing.

CHARA 04 - VictimVictim is a male college student with strong sense of independence and a huge well of sarcasm to deflect people he's not fond of. He ends being quite standoffish. Victim is part snake, the fact only apparent if one were to take a close look at his fangs. He leads a mostly average life but the mounting loneliness over the years has driven an unhealthy amount of depression that's beginning to intervene with his studies. And seeing as that he's studying weapon-crafting to create tools to allow less-useful-powered individuals to protect themselves, the risk of dropping out of college looms over him.

CHARA 05 - GrenadeGrenade is an average-built woman with the powers to conjure her specially-made grenade launcher along with its custom ammunition. She is an energetic and bombastic woman with a heart for entertainment, both in supplying it and demanding it. Her main line of work is a running a traveling explosives show fueled completely by her ingenuity and her powers. Not one to be tied down, her heart is scattered like the wind she travels with; she has no ambitions other than to enjoy every second of life. Although she's as active as a ticking time bomb, her growing up in a military family has hardened key moral disciplines into her that she will upkeep to the bitter end, even if it ends up with her in stickier situations than had she not gotten into fights!

CHARA 06 - PerformancePerformance is a bubbly and enthusiastic woman who loves to make a positive presence. She is part mouse, as evidenced by her long tail with a clump of fur at the tip; people often mistake her for being part-lion. Overabundant energy characterizes her conversations; she tends to slip in painfully blunt comments without thinking of the consequences. She's also weirdly expressive with almost no sense of personal space, often throwing her arms on shoulders or smacking people on the head when she plays around. Performance is not outright malicious, however - accidentally hurting someone will quickly make her piece together a hasty apology. Actively consumed with her own plans and ideas, Performance is somewhat self-centered and highly independent in everything. She has a lot to learn when it comes to dealing with other people.

If you have any ideas on what kind of RP you'd like to do with one of my characters, I'd love to hear about it! I'm willing to change up parts of my characters' backstories, careers, or whatnot if your ideas allow it!

Last edited:
Firstly. For oc's. Does it have to be a oc from a fandom or can the oc be from something entiely different?
I'm mainly looking for completely original characters, but if the OC is from Boku no Hero Academia or RWBY I can work with those since I'm familiar with those series! Or, if the OC can work without me knowing a lick of the series they're from, those can be fine too!

I'm mainly looking for completely original characters, but if the OC is from Boku no Hero Academia or RWBY I can work with those since I'm familiar with those series! Or, if the OC can work without me knowing a lick of the series they're from, those can be fine too!
How about an oc from a series I created?

I have an idea for a character that would be fun to play with Journal.

id be interested in an rp with journal! i have a rwby oc that might be interesting with him

hmmm i think i know something pretty fun that i'd like to try with either grenade or victim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back