• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Second Wind (OOC)

I want to work on my character sheet, or at least ask 100 questions to figure out things to do when making my character for this but it is almost 1 am.
I am not sure if it would be wise of me to try to make a character when I can pass out at any moment.

Also hello everyone!

I want to work on my character sheet, or at least ask 100 questions to figure out things to do when making my character for this but it is almost 1 am.
I am not sure if it would be wise of me to try to make a character when I can pass out at any moment.

Also hello everyone!

Just work on it tomorrow ;)

What are the parameters of magic? Physical abilities? Where will the story bring us, and at what point should our characters congregate? And to my knowledge, as it is explained, risen are the product of sacrificial rituals, yes? Can you give a brief detailing of Risen, Second winds, etc? Should our characters all be risen?

scoots in ayoo
just a quick question, what are the limits to a mages ability? are they the basic four faction 'ice, fire, healing, weather' or can we expand on it to other things like arcane, blood magic, polymorphy, ect

oops i got ninja'd lmao

What are the parameters of magic? Physical abilities? Where will the story bring us, and at what point should our characters congregate? And to my knowledge, as it is explained, risen are the product of sacrificial rituals, yes? Can you give a brief detailing of Risen, Second winds, etc? Should our characters all be risen?

scoots in ayoo
just a quick question, what are the limits to a mages ability? are they the basic four faction 'ice, fire, healing, weather' or can we expand on it to other things like arcane, blood magic, polymorphy, ect

oops i got ninja'd lmao

You ask everything I would have asked, I can rest in peace now.

OKEY to answer your questions. . .

Magic: Magic is not restricted to classic elemental or healing powers, it can be something unique if you like! The magic can branch into other categories if you get creative, but how far your character can take it depends on how skilled you want them to be. A novice fire mage might be able to create maybe a fireball and a flamethrower, while an experienced mage might be able to summon explosive mines and even small phoenix familiars. However, the more you focus on utility, the less raw power you're likely to have, and vice versa. A person that's all about instantly blowing things up probably isn't the right person for the job if you want a mage with a little more fine-tuned or well-rounded skills.

Physical Abilities: A normal human being will only be able to do as much as, well. . . a normal human being. Heroes, legends, what have you, if they don't have some kind of magic ability or equipment they can't go busting down walls with their fists because that's how strong they are. That said, everyone has a little 'magic' inside of them that can manifest in different ways, even if they don't outright have abilities. This can range from recovering from injuries more quickly to having reflexes that are bit faster than normal.

Risen: To get this out of the way, your character does not have to be Risen. Anyone can perform a second wind - it involves drawing some blood and pressing it somewhere onto another living being. Then, the aforementioned 'magic' spurns inside of them at their will, transferring their life essence from one body to the next. Even if they break contact, their life still flows out of them into the other person. The result is a mark that indicates their remaining lifespan, seen as a red circle on their hand, depleting one end to the other. Magic abilities are always passed down, vivid memories are usually passed down, and personality traits are maybe passed down.

A person gives up their absolute lifespan in a second wind, which is to say up until their certain fated time of death had they not performed the ritual. The receiver has this added to their longevity lifespan, which only indicates how long they can live so long as they stay out of trouble.

Story: The story can go in a lot of directions honestly and can deviate in a totally different direction from the vague plans that I have. Said plans would ideally have our characters interacting consistently, since this is a roleplay after all. The plan of attack for the beginning is the liberation of Savana, then moving on to tackling Erylon's devious plots! I can share more if you want, though I'd prefer minimum spoilery stuff. That said! Don't be afraid to get in the way of my plans, it's only a baseline if you guys end up following the road more than paving it! Feel free to do stuff with NPCs and add new conflicts on the fly.

OKEY to answer your questions. . .

A person gives up their absolute lifespan in a second wind, which is to say up until their certain fated time of death had they not performed the ritual. The receiver has this added to their longevity lifespan, which only indicates how long they can live so long as they stay out of trouble.

How many times can one person have this ritual done?

I image the receiver would probably get scrambled of course.

Not planning anything, I just thought of a gold digger version of this. Getting close to someone to get them to sacrifice their life span to them . . .

Okay I thought of something else--
Can these lifespans stack?!?!?
Like one person who received a Second Wind sacrifices themselves to someone else. Would they get the lifespan plus the added one???
:o

A person cannot receive more than one second wind.
Risen cannot given second winds to other people.

Hehehe. . .

im kinda excited already lol
when/if savana is invaded and successfully taken over he'll probably take advantage of the moment since he'll be considered a refugee and manipulate the people that pity them rip

im kinda excited already lol
when/if savana is invaded and successfully taken over he'll probably take advantage of the moment since he'll be considered a refugee and manipulate the people that pity them rip
Ah to clarify, Savana is simply being occupied (very sneakily) by foreign military - if there were to be an invasion, it would have to be incited somehow! :D

I want to work on my character now .___.

This time I'm going to make a quiet, thoughtful character. Maybe a Mezza who prefers keeping a low profile.

Last edited:
made my character, fire mage who seeks to write a new history book about the coming age. carry a few ink vials in different color that have different minor effects if used on a person( which he experiences a lot since he runs out of parchment very fast or he doesn't have enough time to pull out paper to write down things). essentially a bard but without the performances or song and with cold hard facts

made my character, fire mage who seeks to write a new history book about the coming age. carry a few ink vials in different color that have different minor effects if used on a person( which he experiences a lot since he runs out of parchment very fast or he doesn't have enough time to pull out paper to write down things). essentially a bard but without the performances or song and with cold hard facts
you're not a real bard if you can't cast vicious mockery ;)

So much magic @.@ but I've thought too much of this.

So I have two abilities I've thought a lot about, but one of them is questionable. You'll see what I mean when I post it . . . maybe

Normally I end up making my character under powered but now I think I made them overpowered @.@

Also--
Should I make a second character [most likely a female] who is not a mage? Maybe even a beastfolk at this point, and second winded since I think there is one risen?

I can't wait to see the finished produc
So, August August , just casual banter, do you have any plans for your character? Any planned character developments?

Hmm, I'm hoping that he'll get comfortable around others and start voicing his thoughts more, maybe add some ideas to the group. I also hope that he eventually starts returning to his childhood self where he was more social and even a little cheeky about his abilities. Maybe not cheeky, just more proud of it.

Do you have any ideas about your character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back