• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Searching for literate long-term partner!

xuanan

Hey everyone! Just getting settled in on this site after Feralfront closed down, but I am on the hunt for a long-term literate partner. I'm nineteen years old and in the Pacific timezone. My response time is pretty quick and I usually write between 500 and 1500 words, depending on what the moment calls for. I don't mind a few shorter posts but I would prefer a partner who can match post length. Also, I'm a-OK with thread ditching, just please let me know if you're too busy or something comes up. With that said, here are my preferences for roleplay and some specific plots. Keep in mind that all the information below is very flexible, and I'm usually cool with whatever you want to try!

I LIKE:
- original characters
- unique world-building
- focus on interpersonal relationships
- kitchen sink sci-fi
- adventure
- slow burn friendship/romance
- a new twist on old concepts
- historical
- runaways

I DON'T DO:
- anime roleplays
- strictly romance without supporting plot or conflict
- most fandom roleplays

The following are plots that I have at the ready with fully fleshed-out storylines. If you're looking to go with the flow, I'd be happy to do so as well! I am cool with playing both males and females, but I don't usually play as non-binary characters. All genders in the following storylines can be adjusted and changed to fit your preferences.

The Ganymede Space Race
In a world where all people are genetically engineered to perfection, those who prefer natural birth over test-tube children are cast to the planet of Ganymede, a moon of Jupiter. Two children born on Ganymede enroll in a space dogfighting tournament after an ex-military pilot exiled to Ganymede agrees to sponsor and train them. The winners of the tournament will become some of the next officers in a newly-formed deep space force. Using a ship made of miscellaneous junk, the duo will be pitted against all kinds of rivals and scenarios which threaten to tear apart their bond. The catch? Ganymedians were outlawed from joining the tournament, and the kids are spies with false IDs who are trying to usurp the corrupt leadership.

Things from the Flood
Following a Noah's ark-esque scenario, mankind is forced to relocate on higher ground as they continuously build towers up towards the heavens to escape the rapidly rising sea level. As the survivors struggle to regroup, a team emerges whose objective is to explore the depths of an old world. This team, trained to locate specific items and resources needed on the surface, is faced with the daily challenges of their harsh underwater environment-- and the ever-growing mystery of what caused the flood.

Sulfur and Dandelions
A depressed young man tries to summon the spirit of their best friend who died recently. He had no idea that their friend was sentenced to an eternity in Hell, and is actually now a demon-- meaning that they summoned a demon right into their own home. At least he got his friend back. The presence of a demon does not go unnoticed by demon hunters, though. Now on the run from supernatural assassins, the characters must decide: should they go their separate ways and reside in safety, or risk everything to be together?

Snake in the Crib
In the small Viking village of Bera, rumors have arose that the great, evil wolf Fenris will be returning to the human realms to cast the world into an eternal dark winter. As he has the ability to shapeshift, the people of the village are concerned that Fenris may be biding his time, walking among the common people and disguised in plain sight. The date of the eclipse is approaching within the next year. A young woman who is accused of being Fenris lives in the village and is subjected to a life of closed windows and frightened, accusatory faces. The real Fenris ends up taking pity on her, and vows to destroy all humans. The two become a force of chaos on the island village, but Fenris must eventually make a decision to either destroy humanity and kill the girl with it, or let the humans be and in turn deny his true destructive nature.

Sleight of Hand
In a deeply religious society divided into five nations, each with extreme differences, a prophecy unites two people from opposing nations, both with the ability to tell the future. Legend has it that their God gifted them with such divine powers. But in reality, both people come to realize one another are frauds. However, they can't just admit to the public that the God they all worship had a bullshit prophecy. In order to keep their secret from being exposed, the two set out to force things they predicted in the future to happen. Things start to get messy when one of the people predicted in the past that the king would die the next summer. With summer rapidly approaching, the two fakes will have to kill the king somehow, or figure out a way to get out of their web of compounded lies.

The Sky Is Falling!
An extremely combat-capable AI and a world-renowned investigator from America try to infiltrate a post-apocalyptic Russian working class as Russia is increasingly divided between corporations who create laboring robots and human laborers who have had their jobs and livelihoods taken from them. A deeper conspiracy involving the cause of this divide slowly is uncovered as the two navigate a world filled with aggressive androids and mysterious constructions at the edge of Moscow.

That's all I got! Let me know if you have a plot in mind or if you want to start from scratch and go through the brainstorming process together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back