• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Search for Silent Hill

SunnyA

Magic Eight Ball
Hello, out there!
As the title says, I'm looking for a Silent Hill roleplay. It's a surprisingly hard thing to come by, considering that the fandom is still so active, but it might also just be that I don't know where to look, anymore...so, I brought my search here.

I would prefer a one on one, but I might be willing to join a group under the right circumstances. I'm also not really looking for someone to play cannon characters from the game, although I do welcome it if you want a Silent Hill plot that includes the original cast. Alessa, the Order, the cult and cult members- all of that is a super interesting part of the story. However, in my mind and for what I was thinking, they aren't totally necessary. One of the most interesting stories told in this franchise is that of James Sunderland, who has a connection to the town of Silent Hill itself as his honeymoon spot with his wife but doesn't have an obvious connection to the religious fanaticism. Some connection to it can be hypothesized after Homecoming, as we know Mary shares a last name with the protagonist's family, but at the time SH2 was released, no such connection existed. James Sunderland is just a man who gets called to Silent Hill to face his character flaws and deal with his trauma, and I would like to focus more on this psychological aspect of Silent Hill.

In terms of roleplaying, I usually write two characters minimum. The nature of writing a Silent Hill roleplay may call for more, especially in terms of side characters. I am romance friendly and open to all forms of queer writing/characters (in fact I'm trying to expand my horizons writing trans characters). I do have a dayjob where I work 40+ hours, so I might not always be super speedy with replies, but I won't expect you to be. It would be nice to stay in touch OOC and build a friendship, although I realize that might be difficult when I'm a socially awkward introvert who isn't great at starting conversations.
I am available on Discord and also willing to roleplay over these threads. Email and google docs are also options. We can discuss our preferences and figure something out.

I really hope to hear back from someone soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back