• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Demonsoul

Damned
Opening Explanation of this RP:

This is a high lethality anomaly research RP. Characters will brush close to death and madness closely, with numerous sources of instant death or insanity being careful is recommended. More players will always be welcome as high risk and since more players raise activity.

Rules:
Post a minimum of once per week, higher the better.
Don't be a dick.
Follow RPNation's rules.
No minimum post size as conversations are easier with few sentences, but outside of conversations, I would prefer 1 paragraph minimum.
Keep OOC in OOC and Character Sheets in Character Sheets.

Introduction:

After a full day's ride in a caravan of vehicles, you all arrive at an abandoned prison. The exact nature of why the prison was abandoned was never revealed to you, but power has been restored and the cells should work as decent temporary holding for anomalous items. At least until you have proved yourselves enough to the government to get proper renovations. The prison is spacious and, while dusty, hasn't suffered as much wear and tear as you would expect. The prison consists of 4 floors, 2 above ground, 2 below. In the center of the prison is a large gap between the floors with stairs leading up and down. Lining the walls of this open area are prison cells. The bottom floor has a mess hall however there lacks a kitchen currently, or in fact any furniture other than tables and cell beds that are fused to the floor. The white fluorescent light shines down from hanging light fixtures evenly spaced among the facility, though not frequent enough to keep the whole place brights. Its rather dim, especially in areas where the light fixtures no longer work.

Coming in after you are 2 cargo trucks. The first contains supplies, the second contains 3 anomalies. The supplies are as follows:
! handgun, 1 baton, 1 syringe of morphine, and 1 syringe of tranquilizer per agent.
Medical supplies.
4 liters of blood.
A coffee machine and coffee beans (with a note congratulating you on your promotion).
1-month supplies of MREs (Which taste surprisingly good).
lots of ammunition for the handguns.

Additionally, there is a form that needs to be filled out:

Organization name:
Director (person who will report to the government):
Risk Assesment System:
Anomaly Classification System:
Supply Requests:

((I'll reveal the 3 anomalies you start with after some RPing and getting situated.
Also, something to keep in mind: decide how your character acts whilst panicking, this can be anything from curling up muttering to themselves, murdering those around them, committing suicide, etc.

I've never been so far away from home. At the start of the long car ride they'd never told me where we were headed, though maybe it was because I never asked. Quiet people, they were. Government officials working closely with the military. I was in a car myself in the backseat with a driver up front, never seen him before and I doubt I'd see him again. When you get so used to living in a small town you almost expect people to be friendly, lively, and full of chatter everywhere else. You expect people to know you. Well, not now and no longer, I'm not apart of that crowd anymore. I was never good holding a conversation anyway.

Stepping out of the car I met myself face to face with the entrance to the prison. Had I never seen one before I would have would have looked at it with a bit more wonder, but I just glanced at the front and confirmed in my head that the front door was indeed intact, they did say it was abandoned after all. Straightening my jacket and fitting my cap snug I observed the other cars coming in. Just like the car I arrived in several others came in right behind, and behind them were two cargo trucks. When they were parked a man got out of the back of the first cargo truck and approached me with a satchel in hand.

"Bellamy Hoffstaedter?", he asked.

"Yes?", I replied.

"Please hand me your government issued ID.", he replied.

Handing them over with haste I recalled their origin. Each of the other agents and myself were subjected to hundreds of questions for what felt like hours. Not only did we give any and all information to to them we also had to give them a blood sample, a urine sample, an eye scan, fingerprints, DNA samples, and a hair sample. I had never felt so probed before. Lost in thought from this unpleasant memory I didn't realize the man from the cargo truck was trying to get my attention. Leaning forward he said:

"Sir? Your satchel.", he said with earnest.

"Ah! Forgive me, thank you.", I replied quickly while quickly grabbing said satchel and my ID back.

Seeing as he has done his job or at least what I can gather were his orders he turned back around to the truck with a certain enthusiasm. Perhaps he wanted to stay far away from this place, or maybe they were paying him a lot of money, I don't know. During the car ride here I did have a very long opportunity to read the letter they gave me which explained our mission here and to prove to the government that we are capable of containing anomalous things here. It also told me that there was a lot more equipment in the back of that cargo truck and that the second cargo truck contains 3 anomalies. I looked over towards the second truck and didn't seeing anything out of the ordinary but quickly saw the influx of people moving things from the first cargo truck to the prison with the door now unlocked. 'Better head inside', I thought as I internally sighed. As much as being able to use a whole prison for our efforts I couldn't help but be discouraged to hear that it was abandoned. As I was walking to the front door I glanced at the other cars that were similar to the one I came in. I saw people either already outside or just stepping out of the car door. I suppose I was a bit early to get out. 'I suppose it doesn't matter, I'll meet them inside anyway with how things are coming along.', I think to myself as I step through the front door.

"Please proceed." the person inquiring Grenda finished, and began to assess the next person. The man has asked Grenda for some information for what felt to her was much more than what even her parents could have possibly known about her. She felt that only possibly her closest internet pen pal could come close to knowing this much about her, although in different things. Speaking of that particular person, Grenda may never see them again. For it was all to be kept in the dark, Grenda decided that she couldn't tell of anyone she knew about her new job. She doesn't even know if she could decide on these things for her own as she realizes that things were already going that direction no matter her decision.

It was an eerie location, Grenda thought. As she was being provided her own set of supplies, she looks around the nondescript vehicles and people, well, regarding their importance to her anyway. They were just some other personnel that will try to make her use her knowledge for whatever they have in store. Grenda does indeed have an idea, although she has no idea how she was able to be targeted personally despite internet anonymity. The way she thinks, one would think that Grenda was full of herself and confident, but inside she was nervous, although admittedly curious and can not wait for what's in store with what appears to be her new cohorts. There are already a few in the area.

As of the moment, Grenda decided to await the next agenda, although it could be possible that they were already left for their own devices from here on out, but she decided that she would at least follow what seems to be the lead in their actions, someone asking her or all of them to do something, perhaps? She at least decided she might as well enter, seeing as others have done that as well.

As she entered, she spots a man in a cap, and some other people of note. The room she's in is of course pretty bare-bones as it is the entrance. She should find more as she heads inside some more.

After a bit of pondering Grenda decided that she won't stand like a wallflower any longer. As soon as someone heads to a different floor or room, she'll head to the opposite direction to lead herself as to explore on her own. She just needs to not be the person to do the first move. Grenda felt she was not exactly the leader looking material for that.

As Linda finished giving all her informations to the men, she approached the entrance of the prison. She was already bored, she already knew that she was going to hate this job as it was in an abandoned prison, but she did this all to serve the government so she agreed to come and work in this prison. A man gave her her supplies. Linda was happy to hold a gun again. She felt safe. She saw people going in, so she followed.

After entering the prison, Linda knew she was going to hate all of this. The people around her already annoyed her. She looked around and saw more people like her. People who got the same job as Linda did. But Linda refused to talk to someone. She wasn't a person who wants to talk and she wasn't there to make friends, so she decided to stay there until someone will give her more information about her work.

Felix also entered the prison. He was enthusiastic to make new friends and help other people. As he saw the other people who came here with him, he wanted to greet them. But he thought, that he had to focus on his work. So he waited until someone gave him his task.

The first room in from the entrance was barren. I suppose its purpose in the past was to be used as a sort of waiting room for visitors where a receptionist would answer any queries and questions. Except there was no receptionist anymore and there certainly wasn't any visitors. Even the front desk seems to have been taken, dirt and grime showing the outline where it used to be. I stood dead center of the small room, door leading east and west to their respective wings of the prison.

I brought out the envelope that contained the letter from before and took out a separate piece of paper; the map. The prison was quite large, housing both 2 floors above ground and two floors below, with respective facilities for staff and prisoners. Though, while I was glancing at the paper in my hand I noticed the door open behind me and several people entered in short intervals. First, a young woman with straight black hair. Second, another young woman who was wearing body armor. Third, a middle aged man wearing a white trenchcoat. I thought back to the beginning of the recruitment and vaguely remembered their names, these people were my co-workers. I stood to attention in front of them:

"Hello! My name is Bellamy, I believe we all have been briefed at least the basic details about each other. Shall we split into groups and examine the prison? I've heard power has been completely restored to the entire building.", I said with earnest. If I am to work with these people I'd hope to at least be friendly with each of them.

As Grenda idles by a wall near the entrance, two more individuals enter in the form of a woman more beautiful than her and a much older, defined male. A few moments more, the person who was first to enter, the one with the cap, has begun to gather their attention. Grenda walked the tiniest bit closer to indicate her attention. At least it won't be as difficult as it seemed to communicate with these other people, she supposed.

"Ahem, call me Grenda. I do not oppose your idea, so I'll be willing to follow it. However, I do want to have us continue our exploration of the building, so unless if there's anything else, please excuse me, I'll be making my way to..." Grenda announced, and glancing between her choices, decided her route.

"... over here." Grenda said, heading towards the stairs that leads upwards. Wherever she would go, she decided it not to be the stereotypical creepy dark basement.

WinterGreen WinterGreen Parrat Parrat MasterGrant MasterGrant

Already annoyed by Grenda, Linda followed her slowly as she didn't want to talk to anyone of the group. "Unbelievable, why do I have to work with such people?" Linda asked herself.

Grenda's steps almost echo off the sound of her boots hitting concrete, each step as loud as the floors above are quiet. Upon finding nearing light switch and flicking it on, their were cells and rooms in this floor. She thought she even saw a rat scurrying across her peripheral vision, but ignored it. Before she moved to the next floor, she decided to investigate the cells first, from outside of course. Some are simply empty, whilst others have makeshift beds from some cloth and whatever they could make use of as a bed frame. They can probably "renovate" these individual cells to accommodate the needs of what, if Grenda understood what was briefed to her, were those that they have to apprehend. Seeing as there was not much else, she decided to head for the next room. However, Grenda soon realized two others tagged along as she turned around. She felt a bit suprised, not because she didn't sense them, but had the suspicion that she would only have one behind her.

"Oh, was there already another person who entered the building to accompany... what's his name, Bellany?-- because I thought we'd split into groups. Well, no matter, let's head off for the next floor, it seems that these cells are prepared for whatever we need to put in them, but if I missed something let me know." Grenda stated. It felt quite aloof of her to try and be so eloquent with her coworkers, when she's probably not as skilled as those with her and how she never acted like this at home. Grenda decided she's just gonna have to do it out of courtesy. It was also easier when she was in a clean slate; how no one knows of each other yet.

Parrat Parrat MasterGrant MasterGrant

"We should just make sure that no one will annoy each other. I don't really care for friendships. I'm doing that job to serve the people so just make sure to not get in my way." Linda said with a serious voice.

Lovely. On the bright side, Grenda thought she at least seems capable, especially with their remarkable armor. Not sure what to do with the attitude, however. She decided to not amuse her and attempted to remain unfazed, and good thing she was able to get ahead and face away from her as Grenda went for the third floor. Again, at least the other seemed cooperative.

Similarly, but still somehow different, the third top-most floor also had varying sizes of cells and rooms to house and keep whoever, and whatever, they would be given. There's even a few Monoblocs stacked in a corner. Seemed pretty standard. Grenda didn't know what to make of the rooms, whether their scouting is "finished" and report or something, or just meet up with the others, and probably finally see all of her cohorts, if there is even more to it than just them. She hoped so, but a part of her also said that there won't be too much so that she wouldn't become an unheard of worker in a group of government secrecy.

"I believe we're done here. If you all don't mind, let's go ahead to the basement floors now and find the others." Grenda stated to her companions, and without missing a beat, passed them and continued down the stairs.

Parrat Parrat MasterGrant MasterGrant WinterGreen WinterGreen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back