• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings SCP Inspired RP, Dedicated Players Wanted

Demonsoul

Damned
Let me preface this with: This is not the SCP universe, and you will not be playing anomalies.

The idea of this RP is that the US government, after discovering that anomalies do exist, has decided to create an anomaly research division. You all will be playing agents of this division, securing and studying anomalies. There will be some gamey elements in the background for ease of creation for anomalies, the biggest example of gamey elements is in stats. Every character has stats from 0-5 in 5 different categories:
Athletics: a measurement of how strong and fit a person is.
Agility: a measurement of how agile and dextrous a person is.
Fortitude: a measurement of how resistant to disease and damage a person is.
Resistance: a measurement of how much mental damage a person can take, and resistance to cognitive effects.
Occult: a measurement of how resistant to magical effects a person is and how skilled they are at using magic anomalies.

All of the players will decide on names and classifications for everything, ie: the company name, anomalies, levels of risk, etc.
Weapons will have ranks that are as follows in strength
0- Fist, nonlethal weapons
1- Handgun, knife, etc.
2- Rifles, weak anomalous weapons
3- Rocket Launcher, medium anomalous weapons
4- strong anomalous weapons
5- Very powerful anomalous weapons
Although anomalous weapons are powerful, all anomalies have risks involved with using them.

an example anomaly, though in the more gamey descriptions:
Chalice of Protection-
Non-escaped object
An obsidian chalice, any liquid poured into the chalice becomes a black sludge that when consumed grants +1 to Fortitude for 1 hour, but the consumer also has a -1 to Resistance for the duration.

One more important detail: Expect to die and make new characters frequently. For the first portion of this RP, you won't have prisoner (basically d-class) to throw at anomalies, so the death involved will be your characters. Some anomalies do inflict instant death if you meet conditions.

I'm so glad that I've decided to check on RpNation, checking after new year to see what's what. I'm totes on board with this!

I like the gamey aspect to this one, personally, makes it feel like a fun tabletop so I'm totally into that as well.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Yo, it's a not-SCP RP.

This sounds very interesting because we as players are creating an SCP-like organization, or at least are the first members of said organization doing missions to secure anomalies. I am absolutely in love with this concept. Count me in.

Character sheets are up!

RP IS UP!
OOC will be up shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back