• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Sci fi mech rp interest check!

giphy.gif

Kayy :D

I was thinking more "Western" style mechs as opposed to like gundams or whatever.
PCs would be like people sent to represent their respective nation or organization in like a monster fighting task force of some kind.
I feel like I think it'd be cooler to have a bunch king kong size monsters as opposed to a few godzilla size ones. We'd probably want a healthy mix of both. Idk
On top of their characters players would be tasked with making their own mech!
Detail is always fun when it comes to sci fi so I hope everyone has a healthy imagination!

Idk what else :T
Idk much about making a rp tbh x)

What do you think?

What do you think?
I went to lunch and then had a meeting, so I only just now am reading your response, sorry!

I think it would be VERY fun to put together our mechs, especially if you have a list of options we can choose from. You might want to consider looking into any existing dice systems that are themed around mecha, but I'd understand if that's more work than you want to take on.

Smaller monsters are probably better to start with, saving bigger monsters for boss fight scenes.

When you say western style mech, are there any series that you're thinking of? Artists that you think I should go look at?

There's almost no chance I'd gm a dice game x)
At least not yet.

But! When it comes to mechs, I honestly don't know any series or artists. I just know a general vibe.
The only way I can explain it is a more western mech looks like it was designed by an engineer. And a more asian mech looks like it was designed by an artist.

Like this
jbHuapE.jpg

Vs this
bb9cb8f55d13dbe0367677406bc8ec01.png

Ah! Tanks with legs, instead of robot samurai. Got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back