• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power | Out-of-Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Generally effective as it would be against anyone. Though, in addition, many Coursers produce their powers effectively through means of concentration and this largely disrupts that.

As for air pressure, I'm willing to say such weapons in the 2040s would have been fine-tuned to hurt rather than kill or that if they are attacking a Courser at all that they feel crippling them could be an unfortunate necessary. Though I actually originally ran with Coursers being naturally more durable than regular humans but felt there was maybe too much of a disparity between them and regular people as a result. Perhaps it is something we could roll with to a degree but I am not sure it is needed.
As far as I know the only way to subdue someone with a blast of air is knock them off their feet so they can be approached and tazed or something similar, which the force required would shred the lungs/other areas containing gas, and break bones. Even just changing the air pressure around someone significantly could shred lungs, happens to bats and birds all the time around wind turbines, but the threshold is different for humans because we're larger and more resistant to air pressure in general than most animals.

That said, I don't think it's impossible for an air-based weapon to be non-lethal, just not as a tearblaster. Pulling free oxygen out of the air by binding it to something would take out just about anyone, without doing permanent damage if they're pulled out before they suffocate.

I'm not arguing with you, this is just stuff that sticks out to me, I like to research power mechanics for my characters, and one of the ideas I had for this game led me down a rabbit hole.

BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 The character looks good!

As far as I know the only way to subdue someone with a blast of air is knock them off their feet so they can be approached and tazed or something similar, which the force required would shred the lungs/other areas containing gas, and break bones. Even just changing the air pressure around someone significantly could shred lungs, happens to bats and birds all the time around wind turbines, but the threshold is different for humans because we're larger and more resistant to air pressure in general than most animals.

That said, I don't think it's impossible for an air-based weapon to be non-lethal, just not as a tearblaster. Pulling free oxygen out of the air by binding it to something would take out just about anyone, without doing permanent damage if they're pulled out before they suffocate.

I'm not arguing with you, this is just stuff that sticks out to me, I like to research power mechanics for my characters, and one of the ideas I had for this game led me down a rabbit hole.
We're not likely to do much with anything like this for most of the RP but it's definitely something to think about!

I only just noticed the RP Main Link nearly missed it. Maybe tag everyone in the game for the first post just incase others missed it too? or post a link in OOC to the Thread with the tags.

I only just noticed the RP Main Link nearly missed it. Maybe tag everyone in the game for the first post just incase others missed it too? or post a link in OOC to the Thread with the tags.
Ah, sorry, I thought the last tags worked but I'll edit them into the IC just in case.

Ah yeah i see them now lol, I missed it in the post due to the link not expanding like they normally do.

Whoa, you weren't kidding in her description, PlusUltra PlusUltra , though the portrait was misleading.

I refreshed the page cuz I got a post notif and almost fell out of my chair

Lol yeah the headshot was a face view, fit the anime characters. Was a fan character that had a few variant images for in diffrent outfits so worked i think.

Well, I got to rework some ideas. Initially I thought her body proportions were different and I had gags planned, now I'm just thinking "Okay, first off how is she even upright?"

Im curious what the gags were, but yeah there was a reason behind it bit with unintended side effect.

Just some shenanigans involving accidental contact or sparring mishaps on Kai's end. Most of them might actually still work I just gotta factor this new information when I roll dice

I mean if its the anime tropes, i guess its easier than normal lol.

Missed that he had his gloves off OOC, as for her gloves they are those leather ones with fur lining, so not like super thick, but still light protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back